Icemud's Organic SCROG! Grow 3.0

I haven't yet flipped it but it should be in the next few days, I am just waiting for my blackberry kush and sour bubble to grow a little larger before the flip. I may have to put some 2x4's or blocks under the pots to raise them up since I read they do not stretch that much in flowering... We will have to see but should be this week sometime :)

sweet cant wait lol

WoW Ice! Looking great! They really do look beautiful and full of that high brix shine :)
I think is going to be an epic flower period for you :thumb:
My monsters are really filling out on Day 29 of flower now and all 5 are in my HB soil.
I can't wait to see yours. Keep it up!

:peace:

Hey everyone, decided to do one last video while in veg. I had to show off the leaves, they are mind blowing..

[video=youtube_share;bcR7nLMbKq8]
[/video]

Tremendous Scrog ! What is the maximum clearance you have got between the screen and the lights?

:goodjob:

Between the middle part of the screen and lights there is about 3-4' of clearance and on the sides about 2-3' clearance. Thanks for the compliments!

Lookin' epic. History in the making. Your plants have the radioactive high brix shine! No more PM, I'll bet.

Oh man, I can't wait to see the buds. Flip already! You're killin' us.

May your wish be granted!! lol. Today is going to be the last day of veg!! The lights go off tonight and stay off for 12 hours. I may go 13 off as recommended for the Gas Lamp Routine, but still debating.. Thanks so much for introducing the High Brix growing Doc! I am a believer and will never grow any other way!!! Cheers to healthy plants!!

WoW Ice! Looking great! They really do look beautiful and full of that high brix shine :)
I think is going to be an epic flower period for you :thumb:
My monsters are really filling out on Day 29 of flower now and all 5 are in my HB soil.
I can't wait to see yours. Keep it up!

Thanks Msquared!! I know this will be my best harvest yet, I just can't wait to try these high brix buds, there not even there yet and I'm salivating !! :) Tomorrow will be the 1st day of flowering!!!

Nice!

What soil did you use?

Also, it's "Bricks" not Bree. Your pronunciation might be correct, but all the wine growers call it Bricks. (in case you run into a grape grower who wants to know how you grew such incredible bud.)

Thanks on the pronunciation, I wasn't sure because on some videos they were saying bree, and I read other places it was bricks...lol... I'll call it superweed!! lmao!!

Here are my soil mixtures.

First potting "plastic pots:

2.5 pots of happy frog
2.5 pots of Fox Farm Ocean forrest
1 pot of perlite
1 pot of Ancient Forest Humus
1 pot of worm casings with volcanic rock and kelp added

There is my 8 pots of soil...

Now the amendments blended in...

Greensand... 2 cups total (16oz)
humboldt nutrients mycos maximum 1 cup (8oz)
espom salt... 3/4 a cup (6 oz)
Mexican Bat guano 2 cups (16oz)
Peruvian Seabird guano, 2 cups (16oz)
dolimic lime... 10 oz,

Transplant mix "5 gallon smart pots"

6 pots of soil... :
I still have 1 1/2 pots of my premixed soil from clone stage so I will be using that....same mixture as page 1 of my journal...

remaining I will have to mix up 4 1/2 pots of soil:

1 1/2 pots FFOF
1 Pot Happy frog
1/2 pot perlite
1/2 pot worm casings
1/2 pot forest humus

For the remaining 1/2 pot I will be using :

2.2 cups of CalciumCarbonate
2 cups of soft rock phosphate
1.3 cups of gypsum
1 cup myco maximum
1 cup greensand
1 cup lava sand
1 cup indonesian bat guano .5-12-.2

For soil feedings I have been rotating between 1.compost teas, 2. Sugar/PGR/Micronutrient/Bvitamins, and 3. earthjuice compost tea's (about every 4th feeding).

I have been using the following additives sparingly (usually less than 1/2 recommended amounts)

Here are the sort of "guidelines" I have been trying to follow, probably not exact ingredients every time, but close to the same pattern of feeding

Soil Replenishing feeding: About every 4th feeding (bubbled with teabag of alaskan forest humus and worm casings)
Earthjuice
grow 1/4 amounts
bloom full amounts
micro: full amounts
catalyst: full amounts
metaK: only used 1x will use mid flowering 1x
humic acid
advanced nutrients carboload
molasses

Amendment Feeding (bubbled with teabag of alaskan forest humus and worm casings with kelp meal):
General Organics Cal/Mag 5:1 with added sugar cane and molasses
Humic or fulvic acid (switch off every other feeding) (fulvic is always in my foliar sprays as well)
Advanced Nutrients Carboload (sugars, used every feeding and in foliars)
Advanced Nutrients Organic B (b vitamins extracted from 3 types of yeasts) Used every 3rd feeding and in foliar sprays.

Compost tea feedings: (also used full strength as a foliar)
2-4-0 Fish Hydrolyzed (used in foliars, compost tea about every 3rd feeding)
General Organics Bioweed (cold pressed seaweed)
Molasses organic unsulfured
humic acid (switching between 2 brands)
Teabag (alaskan forest humus, high phosphorus guano (every other tea), worm casings with kelp meal)

every other compost tea has been getting also:
1 large spoonful of calcium carbonate powdered
1 spoonful of soft rock phosphate
1/2 spoonful of gypsum
1/4 mosquito dunk

Thanks on the pronunciation, I wasn't sure because on some videos they were saying bree, and I read other places it was bricks...lol... I'll call it superweed!! lmao!!

Here are my soil mixtures.

First potting "plastic pots:

2.5 pots of happy frog
2.5 pots of Fox Farm Ocean forrest
1 pot of perlite
1 pot of Ancient Forest Humus
1 pot of worm casings with volcanic rock and kelp added

There is my 8 pots of soil...

Now the amendments blended in...

Greensand... 2 cups total (16oz)
humboldt nutrients mycos maximum 1 cup (8oz)
espom salt... 3/4 a cup (6 oz)
Mexican Bat guano 2 cups (16oz)
Peruvian Seabird guano, 2 cups (16oz)
dolimic lime... 10 oz,

Transplant mix "5 gallon smart pots"

6 pots of soil... :
I still have 1 1/2 pots of my premixed soil from clone stage so I will be using that....same mixture as page 1 of my journal...

remaining I will have to mix up 4 1/2 pots of soil:

1 1/2 pots FFOF
1 Pot Happy frog
1/2 pot perlite
1/2 pot worm casings
1/2 pot forest humus

For the remaining 1/2 pot I will be using :

2.2 cups of CalciumCarbonate
2 cups of soft rock phosphate
1.3 cups of gypsum
1 cup myco maximum
1 cup greensand
1 cup lava sand
1 cup indonesian bat guano .5-12-.2

For soil feedings I have been rotating between 1.compost teas, 2. Sugar/PGR/Micronutrient/Bvitamins, and 3. earthjuice compost tea's (about every 4th feeding).

I have been using the following additives sparingly (usually less than 1/2 recommended amounts)

Here are the sort of "guidelines" I have been trying to follow, probably not exact ingredients every time, but close to the same pattern of feeding

Soil Replenishing feeding: About every 4th feeding (bubbled with teabag of alaskan forest humus and worm casings)
Earthjuice
grow 1/4 amounts
bloom full amounts
micro: full amounts
catalyst: full amounts
metaK: only used 1x will use mid flowering 1x
humic acid
molasses

Amendment Feeding (bubbled with teabag of alaskan forest humus and worm casings with kelp meal):
General Organics Cal/Mag 5:1 with added sugar cane and molasses
Humic or fulvic acid (switch off every other feeding) (fulvic is always in my foliar sprays as well)
Advanced Nutrients Carboload (sugars, used every feeding and in foliars)
Advanced Nutrients Organic B (b vitamins extracted from 3 types of yeasts) Used every 3rd feeding and in foliar sprays.

Compost tea feedings: (also used full strength as a foliar)
2-4-0 Fish Hydrolyzed (used in foliars, compost tea about every 3rd feeding)
General Organics Bioweed (cold pressed seaweed)
Molasses organic unsulfured
humic acid (switching between 2 brands)
Teabag (alaskan forest humus, high phosphorus guano (every other tea), worm casings with kelp meal)

every other compost tea has been getting also:
1 large spoonful of calcium carbonate powdered
1 spoonful of soft rock phosphate
1/2 spoonful of gypsum
1/4 mosquito dunk

Excellent info, thanks bro!

That mix is definitely doing well, that's plain to see.

I'm trying to build a true, high brix soil right now. It's a bit frustrating. It's good to see what yours is doing.

BTW, we're shooting for brix of 22 in the leaves. I spoke with the guy at the lab today.

Day 67 Veg, Last day of VEG!!!!

Well I have decided everyone, today is the last day of veg. I can't wait for the sour bubble and the blackberry kush any longer because the holy grail og and the silverback og are taking over the screen...LOL So say goodby to veg and welcome in the best part..Flowering!!!

Today is day 67 veg. So far I am very impressed with the Gas Lamp routine. So far with the GLR I have saved...

800w max lighting (not thru full cycle but we will use for calculations)

.8 kw x 5 hrs per day x 67 days = 268 kw hrs saved with the GLR.

at .19$ per KWH I saved 50.92$ off of my veg cycle and my plants grew just as fast and healthy as my previous 18/6 routine. thats 25$ in savings a month at 800w of lighting.

Well as of tomorrow will be day 1 flowering, so I took a lot of photo's to show the girls last day of veg. I will not be giving a dark period and will be going strait into 12/12 cycle for 6 weeks, at week 7 I will ramp it down to 11/13 and around week 9-10 I will ramp it down again to 10/14 for the remainder of the flowering.

I am really excited to see how these High Brix ladies perform. I will take some brix readings shortly and post the results.

Here are today's photos'

Full Grow views.
DSC048831.JPG

DSC04884.JPG

DSC04885.JPG

DSC048921.JPG

IMG_20120529_182809.jpg
IMG_20120529_182817.jpg
IMG_20120529_182822.jpg
IMG_20120529_182829.jpg
IMG_20120529_182836.jpg

Silverback OG
DSC048931.JPG

DSC048861.JPG

Blackberry Kush
DSC04887.JPG

DSC04896.JPG

Platinum Bubba Kush's
DSC048881.JPG

DSC04889.JPG

DSC04889.JPG

DSC048941.JPG

Sour Bubble
DSC04891.JPG

DSC04891.JPG
DSC048971.JPG

Holy Grail OG
DSC04890.JPG

DSC04895.JPG

Excellent info, thanks bro!

That mix is definitely doing well, that's plain to see.

I'm trying to build a true, high brix soil right now. It's a bit frustrating. It's good to see what yours is doing.

BTW, we're shooting for brix of 22 in the leaves. I spoke with the guy at the lab today.

Brix 22 is Top quality? or good?

:goodjob: Everything's looking awesome bro! I can't wait to see those girls get sticky!

I'll definitely be picking up a refractometer...I'm planning on putting it through it's paces with the vegetable garden as well!

Brix 22 is Top quality? or good?

22 represents excellent.

Doc beat me to it! I was going to say if he's aiming for 22 that must be excellent! :high-five:

:Namaste:

:goodjob: Everything's looking awesome bro! I can't wait to see those girls get sticky!

I'll definitely be picking up a refractometer...I'm planning on putting it through it's paces with the vegetable garden as well!

Doc beat me to it! I was going to say if he's aiming for 22 that must be excellent! :high-five:

:Namaste:

I wonder if it varies for different strains, because mine are ranging from 13-22, different strains, but same environment, soils, foliar sprays..?

I wonder if it varies for different strains, because mine are ranging from 13-22, different strains, but same environment, soils, foliar sprays..?

It wouldn't surprise me...I also read somewhere that a hybrid vegetable plant would produce lower Brix fruit than heirloom varieties with the same growing methods would.

We should start a database of Brix readings by strain to see what develops...

It wouldn't surprise me...I also read somewhere that a hybrid vegetable plant would produce lower Brix fruit than heirloom varieties with the same growing methods would.

We should start a database of Brix readings by strain to see what develops...

I am 100% down for creating a 420 magazine strain database for brix levels. It should be a thread that requires things like growing medium, soils/additives/nutrients, environment details, time of day and location where brix sample are taken from, and brix readings throughout the cycle. I mentioned this idea in another thread and think it would be awesome to create the 1st cannabis brix chart... and we need results from as many growers and strains as possible. I hope that hydro growers even take part so we can get all types of readings for each strain. Also I think it would be a good idea to take a photo of the leaf before testing so other's can use it to identify strains, colors and physical properties of the leafs. What does everyone think? Maybe 420 would create a subforum for it?

Day 1 of Flowering

Well that day that has been much anticipated is here... Day 1 of flowering!!!!

With the Gas Lamp Routine I have read many ways and opinions on how flowering should be set. I have read 12/12 works just fine, as well as many suggesting starting at 10/14 and working down to 9/15 so upon much consideration I figured I would take the "happy medium" and start with a 11/13 schedule. I will be reducing the daylight schedule by 1/2 hour every 3 weeks to simulate the fall sun, as well as end up around the 9/15 by week 12.

Also, as of now I am running 1000w of lighting for almost the full day. My lights are set like this...

400w Ceramic Metal Halide on at 3:15pm and off at 2:00pm 10.75hours (day starts with red light, ends with CMH blue spectrum)
600w Ushio Optired HPS: on at 3:00pm off at 2:45am-10.75hours (day starts with HPS red, cuts off 15 mins early for blue finish)

I set the lights like this to replicate the color shift of the day, really not sure if it has any effect what-so-ever but figured why not keep it as natural as an indoor grow can get :)

I also fed the girls today with a light compost tea feeding.

fed 1/2 of my 4.5 gallon mixture today. I added 2 gallons to the remaining amount for bubbling and feeding a few days from now, also foliar sprays.

In my tea was
4.5 gallons of R/O water

1 teabag of (alaskan forest humus and worm casings with added kelp meal)
2 TBSP of unsulfured organic molasses
15ml of Advanced Nutrients Carboload
30ml of Humic Acid
6TSP of 2-4-0 Fish Hydrolized

Here are today's photo's

DSC04899.JPG

DSC04900.JPG

DSC04901.JPG

DSC04902.JPG

DSC049031.JPG

DSC04904.JPG

Hey Ice looking great brother :thumb:
I am wondering how this group compares in your opion to the last? Was there different veg times between the two?
I know that the soil and feeds are much different but just courious as your thoughts up to this point?
Thanks and keep it up they look GREAT!

Back
Top Bottom