Icemud's Organic SCROG! Grow 3.0

Little late to the party but I had to at least get in one post to say what a beautiful job you are doing with this grow. Really like the last series of pics. keep up the good work and hopefully you a learning as much as I am from this great site!
:peace:

Looking great so far. PM is one of the many problems that we have to deal with (spider mites, PM and budrot the worst) and it seems you are keeping it under control. Beautiful photos. They seem futher along than 43 days of flower.

Thanks DrRedWhite!! Yeah I first discovered fungus gnats and now I'm a fungus gnat removal pro....lol.. (not really but know how to control there population) and now I think I am getting the hang of the PM control, I think that I may be able to salvage a good harvest still :) I guess overall I have been pretty lucky with the plant issues, hopefully each time it will get better :)

very nice ice not long until smoke report..lol:bravo::peace:

Thanks Tommytim!! yeah it shouldn't be long for the blackberry kush and the sour bubble, they most likely will be the first to finish, then the bubba kush, and finally the 2 og's since usually my og's run past 80 days usually... using the smart pots I have heard rumor that they may delay flowering by as much as 2 weeks due to the constant pruning of the roots.. I can't wait to smell this blackberry though... it smells amazing!!

Little late to the party but I had to at least get in one post to say what a beautiful job you are doing with this grow. Really like the last series of pics. keep up the good work and hopefully you a learning as much as I am from this great site!
:peace:

Thanks for stopping buy and joining the party!! Late is better than never :) I learned about 80% of what I know about growing right here at 420 magazine...the rest was from close friends that grow, and scientific studies... I love 420 Magazine and hope you find this as your home as well. :) glad to have ya along for the ride!

The Blackberry kush looks very enticing!

Good luck with the PM

Thanks ajagunle!!! So far I am very impressed with the blackberry kush, definitely wouldn't scrog here again, and would give more than 2 1/2 months of veg for a decent harvest, but overall I can tell she is going to be very potent!! The smell is amazing!!

dont forget to turn off ur fans before defoliation, just incase, so the pm wont spread any further

Hey Zuttla, great suggestion!! much appreciate the advice :)

Don't get too down about it Ice. I'm sure just about everyone here would love have what you have there!
Loving the pics! Keep up the good work!

~Heirloom

Thanks Heirloom, I think it's the perfectionist in me, I always set such high standards for myself in everything, and it causes for great successes quite a bit of the time, but also causes the biggest letdowns when things don't go as planned... I am glad that again the grow is heading in the right direction and the PM has sort of held off for the moment... I just hope it keeps that way until harvest... I probably will give them another scan with my UV-C germicidal lamp today and see if I can get rid of any spores that may be floating around.. appreciate your encouragement a lot!

Wow its been a while. these are the first of nugs I'm seeing!! forgive me. Im so busy with school and the garden. +reps for the wonderful scrog!

Thanks for stopping by Deege!! Yeah definitely take care of your biz and stop by whenever your get a chance...now is the exciting part :) I haven't been in your journal in a minute either... I have so many sub'd threads that sometimes it takes me a min to catch up :) glad to have ya pop in for a visit :)

Man, I thought the song said that it never rains in Southern California, what a liar!!! LOL Yep, it just got done raining here and humidity levels are extremely high... dang... I hope that my garlic spray holds and the PM stays gone :) I am definitely going to go over my girls tonight with the UV-C lamp to kill of any loose or developing PM and spores...

Had to post the song just for kicks... just cause it is raining in Socal...lol
[video=youtube_share;-pyC7WnvLT4]
[/video]

I will post some photo's in a little while, I still haven't got around to putting the second string up to hang the girls from, some of the silverback's are leaning heavy...and I don't want them to snap under the screen, I probably will supercrop them as well after I have the support from the strings...like my previous grows. I definitely have noticed that supercropping in flowering produces heavier buds than the non supercropped branches so I will definitely be doing that soon :)

Other than that I was looking closer at the previous photo's and the plant deficiency photos and I really believe that I am having a S deficiency due to to high of a EC in the soil... The problem showed up when I topdressed last time, and too much Ca in the soil can make this happen, I gave the girls 5 gallons of 0ppm water tonight, well 1 as the photo shows below... just to help leach out any build ups of salts.. I had read somewhere that if you get a build up of 15% salt concentration in your soil, the microbes pretty much shut down and don't work as hard, so I believe this also may be happening as well. When I gave the girls the feeding, the PH was 7.0 and ppm 1, when I tested the run off, the plants were all within a 6.2 to 6.8 range so I know the PH is ok, but the PPM of the runoff was between 1800-2000+ which confirmed my suspicion that the soil had built up too much EC.. So as recommended in the S deficiency it says to flush with a 5.5-6PH water with epsom salts to help correct the deficiency so I will be doing this on the next feeding in a couple of days..

I also gave a very light misting of epsom salts and water to the girls tonight... hardely even soaking the leaves but just a very fine mist to help with the PM (due to the sulfur in the epsom) but also the MG acts as a flush to the plant and helps it let go of sugars in the soil to amp up the microbes :) almost immediatly the silverback og looked greener as well as the other plants so I know that the plants really liked it, I also added my secret ingredient.. a very small amount of coca cola.. sugars and phosphoric acid :) so far the plants look amazing and its still early enough to not worry too much about rot... I didn't spray the blackberry or the sour bubble because they are near finishing..

Well lets hope that the plants get healthy, the PM stays away, and in a month I have some amazing high brix nugs to smoke :) I will try to take some brix samples tonight as well...

Alright everyone... as promised the photos, plus some added surprises :)

Here is the type of water my R/O system is putting out...
DSC05375.JPG

And as the Karate Kids Mr. Miyagi says... Get your wax on Danielson!!!
DSC05376.JPG

DSC05377.JPG

DSC05378.JPG

Blackberry Kush
DSC053791.JPG

DSC053811.JPG

Platinum bubba Kush
DSC05382.JPG

DSC053831.JPG

Silverback OG
DSC053842.JPG

DSC05385.JPG

Sour Bubble
DSC05387.JPG

Holy Grail OG
DSC05388.JPG

So here's the excitement... I was curious what the brix levels were at mid flowering and so I decided to test them tonight. I pulled a fan leaf off of each of the plants, counting from the cola, 3 leaves down and taking the same spot sample off each plant. I actually was pretty surprised and the results have me somewhat puzzled...

The blackberry Kush pretty much stayed the same..as well as the Holy Grail OG
The Silverback OG too a good dive from last test, as the leaves show...
The platinum bubba's both differ, the one in the back with the darker green leaves has lower brix levels than the front one, which has lighter leaves... they have been fed the same so I don't really know why the difference??
The sour bubble jumped up into high brix territory.. also very dark green shiny leaves..

Overall I am quite surprised at the results :)

So here are the samples taken..
DSC05389.JPG

Here are the results..

Blackberry Kush
Blkbrybrix.JPG

Sour Bubble
SourBbrix1.JPG

Back Platinum bubba kush, (darker leaves)
bckbubbrix.JPG

Front Platinum bubba Kush
FrtBubbbrix.JPG

Holy Grail OG
HGOGbrix.JPG

Silverback OG
Slvrbkbrix.JPG

Very nice scrog you have going on!!!!! Very nice photos icemud!!!!!

Thanks Rixter!! Appreciate you stopping thru and for the compliments! feel free to check in anytime!!

So I decided to play around more with the video editing program, and updated my grow videos, I'm getting a little better with the basics and starting to figure out the effects and all, but will be a while before any video awards come my way..lol..

[video=youtube_share;3tvl7v21-uU]
[/video]

Back
Top Bottom