Icemud's Organic SCROG! Grow 3.0

Things are looking good bro! I'd have never known you had any issues looking at those pics! :thumb:

Ice

great idea with the hanging container co2. and great vid of the gas dispersing and falling.

the dry ice I can get is a bit bigger than mini marshmallows. I wonder if covering the top layer of soil with some would freeze all the gnat larvae and finally get rid of them. And also release the co2

Hey everyone!!! Thank you So much for all of the kind comments and for keeping my journal active and alive :) Sorry I wasn't able to respond right away but I'm here now, and I hope all of you had a safe, fun, and memorable Independence Day!!!

Looks like you're "winning" bro nice job. :bravo:

Thanks Curso, I have a hawk eye one these ladies, making sure to inspect them daily for PM. My fingers are crossed that I can keep it at bay until harvest, at least none of it was on any of the colas or even 2nd or 3rd nodes, it was only on the smalls where the screen was so hopefully I have washed it all off.

Tremendous looking plants Icemud, inspiring use of your space Sir :bravo:

Thanks ajagule! I very much appreciate the compliments and am happy to inspire people around our community here :)

Things are looking good bro! I'd have never known you had any issues looking at those pics! :thumb:

Thanks Vapedogg!! I am definitely tending to them like babies, even though there pretty much adults now...lol I just hope the end results are as good as I anticipate them being with the high brix soil and process. I am going to try to check my brix levels in the next few day, just curious where they are at in this point of flowering. I will also try to take leaf and bud samples to see what the differences are. When you did your buds, did you take smalls?

I did thank you!!

Your Welcome Buckshot! I will try to make more video's for people to learn from and I am getting better and better at the video editing. Hopefully I will get good enough to make it like a weekly show or something... that would be pretty fun..like the urban grower guy and advance nutrients, but I could be the 420 Magazine guy and rocking blue planet nutrients...that would be awesome..and fly around touring all of the grows we have going.. ok..just a high thought, but still..lol

You dont have to worry about having no smoke upcomin months and a quallity one 2!

have fun last week s days .

Thanks Casa, your garden is looking killer as well...man you have a lot of fat cola's already and super healthy leaves! I can't wait to sample my products and see how they turn out this time.. each time has gotten better so hopefully I keep up that learning curve :)

Ice

great idea with the hanging container co2. and great vid of the gas dispersing and falling.

the dry ice I can get is a bit bigger than mini marshmallows. I wonder if covering the top layer of soil with some would freeze all the gnat larvae and finally get rid of them. And also release the co2

Thanks for the kudos Hashhound! Yeah I saw the Co2 with dry ice somewhere else before so I decided to make my own video with it, I gotta say It looks pretty cool...literally...lol It definitely doesn't last long at all... I had 2 bricks of it, and the next day, the 2nd brick disappeared in my freezer into thick air..

Not sure about the dry ice on the soil...sounds like it might be a good idea... It tried my clothing steamer on the soil when I had a really bad infestation of fungus gnats, and had a blast frying all the larvae. lol

Hey Ice, Theres gunna be sum bomb chronic over your way soon!! Nice girls mate. Im impressed, theyre lookin real healthy and some buds are mad lookin. Top Job:thumb: Well Goodluk and Happy Harvesting;)

Hey Ice, Theres gunna be sum bomb chronic over your way soon!! Nice girls mate. Im impressed, theyre lookin real healthy and some buds are mad lookin. Top Job:thumb: Well Goodluk and Happy Harvesting;)

Hey Smokemupm8!!! Appreciate you swinging by my journal and for the kind comments!! stay tuned because this grow I have a feeling is going to be massive in a few weeks :)

Anytime Ice, Gotta give credit where it is due! And whatta ya mean gunna be massive? Its already pretty stacked in there:) Hey i think ive found this strain i got happening atm, "C99 X Panama Red", i googled it tryin to work out what my mate said and finally found the c99xPR which is what my friend had last year,tho he called it Dutch red, he got no more seed or cuttings:) haha so im hopin these are the ones.. Cant wait to see your girls final product, i will eagerly await to see sum PHAT NUGGETS! Goodluk and Happy Harvesting;):thumb:

Hey Everyone, Today is day 39 of flowering and I have to say, I think the PM is winning now and has the upper hand on things.. It really sucks because I can't really spray the bud's much anymore with anything toxic, so what I'm left with is pretty much baking soda, milk, garlic, cinnamon and it works well at washing the PM off, but it only seems to work where sprayed, anywhere left that doesn't get sprayed develops PM... also the humidity here in Socal has not been nice, getting past 65% RH at nights and higher, and even with my wall heater on, I can't seem to manage it, and I have no $$$ to get a de-humidifier....any suggestions..

I AM SOOO FRUSTRATED!!!

So my 2 Platinum Bubba's are showing PM on the backsides of the buds, mostly lower to middle, but its seems to be getting bad. I am going to see what happens in the next few days but it may be an early harvest for the platinum bubba's if they continue to get worse. I will have to wash them when harvested with a H2O2 solution and water, and then dry them well and hopefully salvage what I have. It really sucks to know you tried everything and it just didn't work.. (well everything I could afford)

My sour bubble also keeps showing little signs of PM too, but then it will not come back once sprayed with my garlic water solution, and it will pop up somewhere else on the plant...So far I have managed to keep it from getting bad, but my fingers are crossed. She is only supposed to go around 60 days so I know I don't have long to go..

Unfortunately today I noticed that my Holy Grail OG also get PM and it is showing only on the backside of the buds (away from the opening) so I think the spray I have works, but I am lacking to cover the full plant, being that I only have 1 side to access the plants from) I sprayed her and the other infected plants down today with the baking soda, cinnamon, garlic, milk solution trying to make sure I covered everything, I didn't care if it soaked the buds because I know tasting a little like garlic will be much better than smoking mildew.. I made sure to run an extra box fan on high for a good 1/2 hour to make sure the buds and leaves were dry, and have been monitoring RH ever since... during the day it sits around 51%, but the night is when it gets reeally wet.

Well so far, fingers crossed, my silverback OG and blackberry Kush have not gotten the PM yet.. at least it is not visible to me at this time so I am hoping that I am in the clear. I have also not been spraying these plants because I have not seen any PM so I am hoping that at least these 2 will be hearty and healthy to finish strong.

I may have to pull all the others early though if the situation doesn't get any better... Anyone have any suggestions for Mid-Late flowering PM?????

My tent from quick glance looks unbelievable, but when you look close you see

DSC05325.JPG

DSC05331.JPG

PM Sucks!!!!

Well here are the good photo's

Full Tent views
DSC05315.JPG

DSC053041.JPG

DSC05305.JPG

DSC053061.JPG

Silverback OG
DSC05308.JPG

DSC05320.JPG

DSC05327.JPG

Sour Bubble
DSC053101.JPG

DSC05322.JPG

Holy Grail OG
DSC05321.JPG

Platinum Bubba
DSC05309.JPG

Blackberry Kush
DSC053071.JPG

DSC05318.JPG

From just looking from the opening of the tent

Good shitt ice ! i had this problem also before with bubblegummers because my active airinlet came directly from outside into the room it was aimed at the height of the buds .
i would bring it down or you can change your inlet airhose instead of taking fresh air directly from outside at night change this to get air from inside the the house ( if poss). This is a bummer because it cost you big time you also could bring the lights more up when they are on so they can evaporate better , i try to water my plants the first 5 hours when the lights are on a reason is to make sure my pots are not wet when they go to sleep .
Anyways doesnt say this works for you but for me it helps i hade a lot of this problems before , it would surprise me if i dont run into some budmold in the sugar punches,its hard to prevent a high ppm level in the final stage is not a good thing either , good air circulation !
Well dude good luck and i got my fingers crossed

A sulpher burner! Great idea. And stop spraying anything on your plants! I know from reading all the HiBrix material I can find here that spraying seems to be a big part of it. I am not greatly experienced with the method and have only just started cooking my first trial soil to try this fall but I have a lot of experience with PM and various molds. I just do not spray anything on my plants after the end of stretch. Maybe a hormone spray or at the most (and rarely) Maxicrop liquid seaweed at the end of stretch tending to use the teas for everything needed. I especially would not spray any version of my diluted teas on my buds or leaves after the end of stretch because I do not want to feed any mold or fungi! I have run many grows without ever having sprayed anything on my plants from cuttings to finish and this seems to have reduced my budrot and mildew problems by 99%. Awesome grow loaded with information, I just read it all start to this point this morning.

This is a tough thing... have you considered pulling some of each early? I know I hate to do it as what I need is produced in the later stages but ... damn!

Thanks everyone for the comments and assistance with this dreaded PM issue.... It sucks cause I am broke as hell and can't even afford rent barely, so getting sulpher burners and serenade and things just won't happen, because money is really really tight...

I haven't wanted to spray my plants at all in flowering, but it was the only way that I could see getting rid of the PM on the plants, and it seems that the spray has worked, except the spots that I did not get with the spray... I don't know what to do at this point besides monitor the PM, and if it gets worse, I guess I will have to pull the effected ones and leave the rest to finish up... It really sucks because they are nowhere near done yet, still at least another month on some of the girls.... Ive even tried jacking my temps up past 90F to kill the PM, usually do this for a 1/2 hour then bring temps back to normal... still no luck... I've tried spraying with water and H2O2, no luck... it seems that once PM is in your plant, its not going away...

I just hope after this harvest, I will be able to clean the living ish out of my tent, and start fresh, with no diseases. I guess if there wasn't problems to diagnose and correct, growing wouldn't be as exciting... I'm up for the challenge, but PM is really getting a hold of this one... damn...

Well I hope for a better inspection of the plants today, but I know its probably going to be dissappointing.... oh well... guess next time I need a de-humidifier, better clones, and hepa filters on my intakes...

I have a portable UV-C light used for disinfecting and killing molds and bacterias, so I think I may try running it over all the plants today to see if it will kill off these spores... we will see..

Powdery mildew is sensitive to heat. Neither species will grow at 90F (32C). and will quickly perish when above 100F (38C).
To get a complete kill maintain the temperature for an hour. You can minimize heat impact on plants in several ways. Heat the garden at the end of the day, as the lights are turned off. Since the plants are not photosynthesizing, they have lower water needs.
The heat treatment should kill off most of the fungus and its spores. The chances are there will still be some fungal re-growth. These can be eliminated using spot treatments.

Pruning

get a bag large enough to drop the leaves into and then cut them off into the bag. Remove the bag from the room. This prevents spores, from becoming airborne while being removed. Remember to wash your hands and clean the scissors or knife with soap and water, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol or bleach then apply your spray on the areas pruned.

Sprays
Cinnamon Oil and Tea
Garlic
Hydrogen Peroxide
Limonene
Milk
Messenger
Neem oil,
pH up (An alkaline solution with a pH of 8 will make the environment inhospitable for the fungus and will stop its growth. This is one of the simplest means of controlling the fungus. It can be used on critically infected plants.)
Potassium/Sodium Bicarbonate
Serenade and Sonata
Sulfur
Vinegar

Prevention

Filter incoming air to prevent spores from entering the room in the airstream.
Install a germicidal UVC light, like the ones used in food handling areas. The light is fatal to all airborne organisms passing through the appliance. This will kill powdery mildew spores that are airborne.
Spray the leaves with neem oil weekly. Neem oil presents both a physical barrier and a chemical deterrent.
Cinnamon oil and cinnamon tea can also be sprayed as a powdery mildew preventative.

Last resort

If none of these will work, put a bag over the plants that are infected and pull them

Powdery mildew is sensitive to heat. Neither species will grow at 90F (32C). and will quickly perish when above 100F (38C).
To get a complete kill maintain the temperature for an hour. You can minimize heat impact on plants in several ways. Heat the garden at the end of the day, as the lights are turned off. Since the plants are not photosynthesizing, they have lower water needs.
The heat treatment should kill off most of the fungus and its spores. The chances are there will still be some fungal re-growth. These can be eliminated using spot treatments.

Pruning

get a bag large enough to drop the leaves into and then cut them off into the bag. Remove the bag from the room. This prevents spores, from becoming airborne while being removed. Remember to wash your hands and clean the scissors or knife with soap and water, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol or bleach then apply your spray on the areas pruned.

Sprays
Cinnamon Oil and Tea
Garlic
Hydrogen Peroxide
Limonene
Milk
Messenger
Neem oil,
pH up (An alkaline solution with a pH of 8 will make the environment inhospitable for the fungus and will stop its growth. This is one of the simplest means of controlling the fungus. It can be used on critically infected plants.)
Potassium/Sodium Bicarbonate
Serenade and Sonata
Sulfur
Vinegar

Prevention

Filter incoming air to prevent spores from entering the room in the airstream.
Install a germicidal UVC light, like the ones used in food handling areas. The light is fatal to all airborne organisms passing through the appliance. This will kill powdery mildew spores that are airborne.
Spray the leaves with neem oil weekly. Neem oil presents both a physical barrier and a chemical deterrent.
Cinnamon oil and cinnamon tea can also be sprayed as a powdery mildew preventative.

Last resort

If none of these will work, put a bag over the plants that are infected and pull them

This is a great post, thanks for sharing all that info. I have tried about 80% of those things on there and some things work better than others, from what I read there is 2 parts to PM, killing the disease, and preventing further spreading, and that article was pretty much spot on from other sources I have read.

So far I have used :
baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)
potassium carbonate
potassium silicate
neem oil
garlic powder
cinnamon
milk
andrographis
H2O2
and even compost tea with added bacillus subtillus (which also is supposed to be effective)
I also have used epsom salts and earthjuice microblast which both contain sulfur and sulfates

I also have tried raising the temps up to 90+ for a good 1/2 hour....

seems that some of the sprays I have used work, like today, I checked and everywhere I looked I couldn't find any PM... so the garlic, cinnamon, baking soda, ph UP spray worked..at least for now... What sucks about PM is it gets into your plant and even can exist in the root system... its like a human sicness, that could be there for a while, before any signs occur. I read that once you see PM, the plant has already been infected for 2 weeks... so hopefully I can at least keep it at bay for now and try to get a decent harvest.... all of the infected plants are going to be washed in a R/O water and H2o2 solution when harvested, and then hung to dry...

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers for my ladies... and for all the suggestions and good vibes you all have been sending...

The spray I mixed up and soaked them with the other day seemed to have worked for now. I checked all the girls and none of them showed any visible PM as of today, so the garlic, ph up, cinnamon, water, baking soda combo must have been semi effective at this point. I will keep a close eye and hope that things improve, tonight before the lights go off I will be running my temps up to 90F+ again for a good hour to see if I can kill off any pm, and then will follow it up with a blast of UV-C light to kill the DNA of the spores..

My next feeding is going to be just water and molasses, no nutrients. I believe the discoloration of my Silverback is not due to lack of nutrients like previously thought, but to a high EC value in the soil... So this next feeding will be sort of a mild flush/hydration to help pull out any salt deposits that are sitting... the girls will probably get this feeding in 2 days...

Well I have to say, regardless of the PM, the nugs all are smelling soo soo good, are super dense, frosty and looking pretty decent. The blackberry kush smells completely amazing and I checked the trichomes today and some are already getting slightly milky... hmmm, thats pretty early for milky...40 days/??? She smell so strong though, I can't wait to try her :)

Back
Top Bottom