In The Lab

Great method

Hey there Stinky....post number 12...OK then. Would like to offer up a big warm welcome to the mag. You have just won the lotto Stinky, these growers around these parts are very experienced in a lot of different grow methods but we excel at using Doc Bud's "kit". The people here will help you at every opportunity and they ALWAYS do it with a smile and boat load of integrity. I would like to suggest you do some reading of some of the other DBHBB journals, we all like to see new members and their is a shitload of very good info in them journals. If you have ANY questions, please fire away and don't be shy OK! Hope you enjoy your stay and once again , welcome to 420 Mag.....:Namaste::high-five::welcome::bravo:

I'm considering a purchase of an RO unit.
Input water is about 7.6 PH and not very tasty - no info on TDS.
I am thinking of installing a 50+ gallon/day unit in the basement with RO water going to the water/icemaker on the refrigerator door and also to a tap for Hi-Brix basement cultivation. I am leaning towards the TapMaster units mostly for the 5-year warrantee.

Any thoughts or advice?

My advice would be to test PPM. If you have a low PPM you can just get a really nice carbon filter with sediment filter and skip the RO membrane.

If you are concerned with them being gnats I would get some of these mosquito dunks
and moisten the soil slightly with the dunk 'tea'. If you do have gnats and you put a seed in it they can eat the roots.
mosquito dunks - Google Search
I'll try that. They sell them at home depot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Get a really nice pre-filter, sediment and carbon. The RO unit will last much longer and go longer between membrane changes, etc.

Thanks for the direction.

Quality filters, affordable, replacable. Yep. I have criteria now :)

My advice would be to test PPM. If you have a low PPM you can just get a really nice carbon filter with sediment filter and skip the RO membrane.

Nice thoughts. I see your point.

However....

I need an RO for dinking water and the kitchen.. I'm refilling the Brita dripper 4-5 times a day - this has got to change !

RO is back on the menu.

Considering WayAhead 10x and Bloomit are not part of the basic kit. Going off of what I have found using the forum's search function and another website: Bloomit and WayAhead 10x are foliar sprays.

For the sake of future references what are the general instructions and recommendations for using WayAhead 10x and Bloomit?

This is probably a silly question but can high brix soil be made by combining only what I have on my farm? Nettle,dandelion,composted cow poo,biochar,rockpouder,powdered seashells,kelp,fishy pond water,and blood and bone meal.

Probably. :cheesygrinsmiley:

But trying to calculate the mineral content of each of those would be a formidable task, I think. :straightface: And cow poo would be detrimental to high brix. The advantage of Doc's kit is that all the testing and formulating has already been done. You supply the EWC and ProMix and he supplies the right mineral mix - presto - instant high brix soil. And since it's all the same, the foliars and drenches work as predicted.

Conradino has done some soil amending with high brix in mind - check him out.

I mixed up my Pro-mix HP myco, worm castings, Doc's amendment blend, and water today. It all fits in a big rubbermaid cart in the garage. I covered the hiBrix soil with a blue tarp and weighed down with boards.

Should I let the soil remain tightly covered, loosely covered, or uncovered?

I could cover the soil with cardboard or a rug for a more 'natural' or breathable surface.

I mixed up my Pro-mix HP myco, worm castings, Doc's amendment blend, and water today. It all fits in a big rubbermaid cart in the garage. I covered the hiBrix soil with a blue tarp and weighed down with boards.

I could cover the soil with cardboard or a rug for a more 'natural' or breathable surface.

I think the important part is that the soil just doesn't dry out and stays in the right temp zone. I keep mine in a couple big rubbermaid bins with the lids on that snap shut.

Not airtight, and not uncovered. A tarp is good.

This is probably a silly question but can high brix soil be made by combining only what I have on my farm? Nettle,dandelion,composted cow poo,biochar,rockpouder,powdered seashells,kelp,fishy pond water,and blood and bone meal.

Hey you , Cat2, look at ya ....6 posts...still got the price tag on ya brotha! Well, you have found an awesome place here on the web. 420 mag is a gold mine of info and our present group of growers are very special. They are all very good at what they do, and are very willing to offer up and help , tips or banter to help ya get thru your day! I like to tell new members to only do a couple things before entering our journals...keep your ego in your pocket , enter our journals with a smile and good attitude and you will ALWAYS be greeted with a smile and enthusiasm! we, here at 420 like to keep the drama very low and the mood very high! A very warm welcome to you Cat2.
Enjoy your stay....may i suggest reading some of the DBHBB journals ...our Gang is a very knowledgeable group and fun to be around! cheers to ya Cat2 , and welcome!:welcome::bravo::circle-of-love:
Oh ya BTW ....Doc's "Kit' is the real deal !!!:love::love::Namaste:

If you used all those ingredients...no.

But if you got each one tested and got your soil tested, it's possible that you could. Of course, that would require a lot of testing....and next year you'd have to test much of it again....etc.

If a person had lots of money, lots of time and patience and their farm had the right soil and the right stuff laying around....yep. It could be done.

Or, you could test your soil and amend it right the first time for a lot less time, money and effort.

Considering WayAhead 10x and Bloomit are not part of the basic kit. Going off of what I have found using the forum's search function and another website: Bloomit and WayAhead 10x are foliar sprays.

For the sake of future references what are the general instructions and recommendations for using WayAhead 10x and Bloomit?

WayAhead10x is used by adding 1/4 oz to 1 oz of Brix and spraying as usual for a Brix foliar feed.
I do not recommend Bloomit for our crop, unless it is your goal to produce seeds.

If a person wanted to use WayAhead10x on it's own:

Per gallon of water: 1.5 oz WayAhead10x plus 4 oz. Dextrose.

Bloomit:

per gallon: 3 oz Bloomit plus 3 oz. Dextrose.

Hey you , Cat2, look at ya ....6 posts...still got the price tag on ya brotha! Well, you have found an awesome place here on the web. 420 mag is a gold mine of info and our present group of growers are very special. They are all very good at what they do, and are very willing to offer up and help , tips or banter to help ya get thru your day! I like to tell new members to only do a couple things before entering our journals...keep your ego in your pocket , enter our journals with a smile and good attitude and you will ALWAYS be greeted with a smile and enthusiasm! we, here at 420 like to keep the drama very low and the mood very high! A very warm welcome to you Cat2.
Enjoy your stay....may i suggest reading some of the DBHBB journals ...our Gang is a very knowledgeable group and fun to be around! cheers to ya Cat2 , and welcome!:welcome::bravo::circle-of-love:
Oh ya BTW ....Doc's "Kit' is the real deal !!!:love::love::Namaste:
no ego here IMO 420 magazine has the best cannabis farmers I have ever been lucky enough to stumble upon. I've enjoyed 7 months reading about the many different types of grow methods. But yesterday was my very first time to post a comment....it's exciting and scary all at the same time! Much love and respect to all

Back
Top Bottom