Indoor - Acapulco Gold - Carnival - Sugar Punch - Kit Soil - Cheap LED

When Harvesting do you:

• Chop when the desired % of amber trichomes is observed

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • Chop when the maximum bud size appears to be achieved.

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chop based on experience that informs you of maximum quality regardless of yield.

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Chop based on many factors such as water usage, senescence, pistil color, tri color, etc.

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • Chop based on desperation or opportuniity.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hmm im a little jealous. my first try with Acapulco a bird yaked it out of the pot and it dried before rescue. This time i screwed it up by my own idiocy. I will get around to growing it again. This plant might produce something interesting. Ill know soon enough.

I am old enough to be familiar with the version of fhis strain that was available, once in a while, during the 70's.

Sugar Punch is a few weeks into flower and looking really well. I am contemplating applying first cat drench tomorrow. Any thoughts?
Those pistils are vibrant.
sp_2.jpg
SP_1.jpg
11_23_a.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Carnival is also doing swell. This lady will be done soon. I'm eagerly anticipating my first date with kit grown mary j. Nugs seem really tight.

carnival_11_23_a.jpg

Looking great! :thumb:

I completely agree with the Cat drench timing - she looks perfect for it.

Yesterday I chopped Carnival and Acapulco. They were both 12/12 from seed. Acapulco was pretty much wasted because of the early foliar problem. The Carnival was grown as a proper kit plant, pretty nice but real small. That was my first experience going 12/12 from seed.The whole plant is shown in the pic. The buds look, smell and feel great.
11-30_c.jpg
11-30_b.jpg

The sugar punch plant which has had 4-5 weeks veg is loaded with flowers and real fragrant. She has received both cat drenches and is back to energy tomorrow. I think the cold nights here are slowing her down a bit. I borrowed a space heater to help with environment.
This plant is going to be a gem.
11-30_a.jpg
11-30.jpg

For now Sugar Punch has the flowering room to herself. She seems to be basking in the glow of cheap LED, and kit conditions.

She is about 2 weeks past 2nd cat drench. It's about week 6 of actual flowering. It is represented as a 10 week strain. It has a fine fragrance. I get a sugary tobacco-caramel with oily lemon and diesel fuel. This cultivar is a product of SSH x The One. Its has a rep for packing a tasty sweet punch.

sugar_punch_12-9_c.jpg
sugar_punch_12-9.jpg
sugar_punch_12-9_b.jpg
sugar_punch_12-9_a.jpg

Utopia Haze, Jackberry x Mad Scientist and Western Winds are up next. Following the modest yield (delectable smoke) on Carnival 12/12 from seed I intend to veg them all for a least a month before i extend an invitation to the flower room.

There sure is a lot of sugar on that Sugar Punch!

Stellar! :thumb:

Yeah, definitely veg longer. I give mine a good 60 days, and do training for the last 3 weeks or so - it's worth the effort. :cheesygrinsmiley:

So is your Carnival zippy? Mine has a buzz like it was dipped in crank, heheh.

Thanks GT. I regret using Carnival for my first 12/12 from seed grow. I would have been super happy with a longer veg period and a bigger plant (decorated with those hard resiny nugs.)

"So is your Carnival zippy? Mine has a buzz like it was dipped in crank, heheh." crank lol. Haha. No. This batch has good strength and it packs a decent narcotic type effect as well as a sense of relaxing cerebral stimulation and warm euphoria.

The buds for sure have the highest visual and tactile appeal. Carnival was my first kit plant. I'm super pleased with the results. I've learned enough from that grow to make good improvements with Sugar Punch.

Gorgeous, Von! :circle-of-love:

+reps!

[Edit] And yes, another week or two. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Greetings and blessings to everyone and thanks to Doc for the kit.

Please take a look at Sugar Punch as she is looking very nice today. She's still throwing a few fresh pistils here and there. There is a smattering of amber trichs, mostly cloudy ans still plenty o' clear. Does she need another week or so? Appreciate everyone's observations.

sugar_punch_12_26_a.jpg
sugar_punch_12_26.jpg

Happy New Year.

Greetings and blessings to everyone and thanks to Doc for the kit.

Please take a look at Sugar Punch as she is looking very nice today. She's still throwing a few fresh pistils here and there. There is a smattering of amber trichs, mostly cloudy ans still plenty o' clear. Does she need another week or so? Appreciate everyone's observations.

sugar_punch_12_26_a.jpg
sugar_punch_12_26.jpg

Happy New Year.

My observations:

Uh....those are elegant, wicked, slutty plants, aren't they? Connoisseur grade marijuana....and you're just getting started! Energy drench....you could even go with 1/2 oz per gallon Transplant and let them go 2 more weeks. I'm seeing some white pistils and I think you'll see another swelling if you try this. You won't go amber, you're in High Brix territory for sure.

Well done bro. You're on your way now.....just wait till you see what you're doing in six months.:bravo:

"Energy drench....you could even go with 1/2 oz per gallon Transplant and let them go 2 more weeks."

Doc could explain that suggestion a lil bit? Are you saying a) i could energy drench or b) just go with transplant? So far ive been giving energy and a lil transplant every third watering.

I quick dried a popcorn bud to sample. She gave a delightful buzz. Flavor was not remarkable probably because it was not well washed,dried and cured. Ive got super high expectations for the finished product.

thank you

"Energy drench....you could even go with 1/2 oz per gallon Transplant and let them go 2 more weeks."

Doc could explain that suggestion a lil bit? Are you saying a) i could energy drench or b) just go with transplant? So far ive been giving energy and a lil transplant every third watering.

I quick dried a popcorn bud to sample. She gave a delightful buzz. Flavor was not remarkable probably because it was not well washed,dried and cured. Ive got super high expectations for the finished product.

thank you

MIx up the normal amount of Growth Energy and add to it 1/2 ounce Transplant per gallon. I wasn't very clear there. :smokin: You'll keep it green and growing that way. Add 10 mil tea to that too.

Yeah, this isn't in the directions, but it's something I've been using with good success, so I'm hoping others try it.

Back
Top Bottom