Indoor - Acapulco Gold - Carnival - Sugar Punch - Kit Soil - Cheap LED

When Harvesting do you:

• Chop when the desired % of amber trichomes is observed

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • Chop when the maximum bud size appears to be achieved.

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chop based on experience that informs you of maximum quality regardless of yield.

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Chop based on many factors such as water usage, senescence, pistil color, tri color, etc.

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • Chop based on desperation or opportuniity.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Thanks folks.

Sara did you mean the name of the store is changed or the lamp you are selling is now a different brand than the one i've got?

This lamp shines better than i can grow.

Zig, the harvested and dried buds do not have the distinctive aroma that is characteristic of JH. They had it at chop but it morphed during drying. Now it's more of a wild, woody incensey scent. Note, this plant did not receive at cat drench at all.

The JH that is currently in flower was cat drenched at about 8 weeks flower. It is still flowering strongly and its buds have surpassed the size of the already chopped plant. It has the very distinctive Herer fragrance.

These pics show JH buds that are sufficiently dry (1 week) and ready for cure.
jh_before_cure_1.jpg
jh_before_cure.jpg

These plants were outside for a while and I had to force them into concealable growing spaces. That is how this branch got split
jack_flowers_2.jpg

But it looks as if the injury stimulated bud growth. This is the same branch on the business end.
jack_flowers_1.jpg

Nicely frosted popcorn buds

jack_flowers.jpg

This is the first time I've had leaves coloring up at harvest time. Wondering if it is because it is 1x used soil with 2 plants in a 7 gal pot. The cuttings were originally placed in the used soil in early july.
jack_flowers_3.jpg

Here they are back in July just as roots got traction.

pair_of_jacks.jpg

Thanks folks.

Sara did you mean the name of the store is changed or the lamp you are selling is now a different brand than the one i've got?

This lamp shines better than i can grow.

We just change the store name, light is the same. that EB store is our company's:) we applied brand name mars hydro, so we use that one now:)

I made some space for the high brix plants. In the pic the largest plant is Sugar Punch wich has been vegging under cfl's for about 5 weeks. It is super content. It has spent just 3 days 11/13. the flowering response is very strong. This plant is super healthy and exhibits the very green petioles that everyone likes to see.

The distressed looking plant is Acapulco Gold. I have this in experimental soil which clearly has issues. Adding insult to injury I hit it with brix foliar which it surely did not appreciate. It has crunky lil misshapen buds, with amazing fragrance.

The plant on left is Carnival. It's growing and flowering fine. It's sort of dwarfish because it went 11/13 from seed. Carnival received 1st cat drench last night. Exciting.
11-4-b.jpg

This week with the weather hovering from low 50's to 70F I decided to let my almost finished JH spend time and maybe even finish outdoors. Might i get some purple coloring mmm mmm time will tell.
11-4-a.jpg
11-4.jpg
11-3.jpg

I made some space for the high brix plants. In the pic the largest plant is Sugar Punch wich has been vegging under cfl's for about 5 weeks. It is super content. It has spent just 3 days 11/13. the flowering response is very strong. This plant is super healthy and exhibits the very green petioles that everyone likes to see.

The distressed looking plant is Acapulco Gold. I have this in experimental soil which clearly has issues. Adding insult to injury I hit it with brix foliar which it surely did not appreciate. It has crunky lil misshapen buds, with amazing fragrance.

The plant on left is Carnival. It's growing and flowering fine. It's sort of dwarfish because it went 11/13 from seed.
11-4-b.jpg

This week with the weather hovering from low 50's to 70F I decided to let my almost finished JH spend time and maybe even finish outdoors. Might i get some purple coloring mmm mmm time will tell.
11-4-a.jpg
11-4.jpg
11-3.jpg

What is the experimental soil?

Other stuff looks fab.

Thanks Doc

In the experimental soil I used the fancy sphagnum peat30% that comes from australia along with a good measure of charged bio-char 20%, fairly fine bark nuggets 25% and some well aged wormy soil 25%. The components were well aged. I paid attention to keeping them moist, out of the sun and drained through july and aug. I nitially gave them repeated soaking in ACT. I used ferti-nitro on the char but I waited about 6 weeks until i used it.

I didn't observe any problems with the soil at first, the plant was growing fine, then i gave it a brix foliar and things went to hell. It could be a coincidence.

For the last 2-3 weeks I've been using straight r/o water.

Thanks Doc

In the experimental soil I used the fancy sphagnum peat30% that comes from australia along with a good measure of charged bio-char 20%, fairly fine bark nuggets 25% and some well aged wormy soil 25%. The components were well aged. I paid attention to keeping them moist, out of the sun and drained through july and aug. I nitially gave them repeated soaking in ACT. I used ferti-nitro on the char but I waited about 6 weeks until i used it.

I didn't observe any problems with the soil at first, the plant was growing fine, then i gave it a brix foliar and things went to hell. It could be a coincidence.

For the last 2-3 weeks I've been using straight r/o water.

It's no coincidence.....the lab is explicit: don't foliar feed unless your soil report calls for it!

The sprays work wonderfully in the right soil, and produce results that can't be had any other way.

These are still the same Jack plants that I'm trying to kick out of the flower room. Those pics are maybe 5 days old. I don't see any thing much in the amber range and they are still shooting pistils here and there.
11-8_2.jpg
11-8_1.jpg
11-81.jpg

Would anyone chop at this point?
~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Sugar Punch with one month veg in kit soil is doing great at 1 week 12/12. Carnival has had one ct drench and about ready for drench 2. It's light out pics soon.

Yep, I agree. I was thinking another week. It could probably go two weeks, but if you're in a hurry ... :cheesygrinsmiley:

Very nice. :thumb:

Thanks guys.

Those pics above are about a week old. Yesterday, when I went to scope the plant for latest trichome status, I observed a spider mite. I washed and chopped. First wash I used 125F R/O water nothing added and 40F R/O water second wash. The scale weight, in grams, is before wash but after trim.

11-12_1.jpg
11-12.jpg

I'll get some pics of the high brix ladies up soon. They are growing nicely, especially the sugar punch which was vegged 4 weeks.

Scientific information relating to my poll question:

1. THC accumulated in abundance in the secretory cavity where it was associated with the: a) cell walls, b) surface feature of secretory vesicles, c) fibrillar material released from disc cell wall, and d) cuticle. It was not associated with the content of the secretory vesicles. The association of THC with structural components, particularly the wall, fibrillar matrix and surface feature of vesicles, suggests that it may be chemically bound to them rather than being free in the cavity. If THC and other cannabinoids are bound to components in the cavity, their presence and movement may require a source of energy in the cavity. Additional studies are necessary to determine their bound or free status.

2. Little or no THC was detected in the cytoplasm of the disc cells. This suggests that the terpene and phenol precursors, which must occur in the disc cells at some interval, may form the cannabinoids at the surface of the plasma membrane, or in the cell wall facing the secretory cavity.

3. Some THC was present in the cell walls of other cells. Genes for cannabinoid synthesis are present in all cells of the plant, but tissues other than glands produce low levels of these compounds.

4. Reduction or elimination of glands by mutation procedures will reduce significantly the quantity of THC in the plant. However, the pathway for cannabinoid synthesis is controlled genetically: glands are specialized to synthesize high levels of cannabinoids. Thus, a glandless plant can be expected to synthesize very low levels of cannabinoids. We do not know the roles of cannabinoids in the glands. They may be involved in some way with "protection", or other role. The absence of glands may or may not alter the functional role. Since other cells also synthesize these compounds, at very low levels, the quantity may be sufficient to perform the functional role. Therefore, a glandless mutant(s) would serve our purpose to reduce the THC concentration for utilization of such strains in the hemp industry.

So ... the fluid doesn't contain THC - it's the container? Did I read that right?

Isn't that interesting and counter-intuitive. It's the crystaline trichs themselves that have all the THC, not whatever is in them. Fascinating! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Finally getting to the actual kit plants. (ALERT* prelim testing of the jack suggests excellence!)

First is sugar punch. It is in a 7 gal fabric pot w a saucer. It had about 4-5 weeks veg under cfl. It is flourishing. I have very high hopes for this lady. It has not had cat drench yet. I think I might give it one more straight water then cat. It is exhibiting more sativa like features than other SPs Ive grown. Could be a pheno trait or perhaps an effect of the kit.
update_sugar.jpg
update28.jpg
update_12.jpg

Next is Carnival. I was taken by the beauties that graytail has grown. This lil lady was 13/11 from seed. It is a more petite plant, The nugs are very appetizing and I expect they will fatten nicely in the weeks to come. It is in 7g fabric with kit soil.

update_hello_my_name.jpg
update_carnival.jpg

This is the Acapulco that i scorched with foliar. It is the same age as the Carnival. It is not in kit soil and it never recovered from an early high-brix foliar that i foolishly administered weeks ago. The funky little buds are rock hard and have a fantastic grape aroma.

update_acapulco.jpg
update_acapulco_1.jpg

Finally getting to the actual kit plants. (ALERT* prelim testing of the jack suggests excellence!)

First is sugar punch. It is in a 7 gal fabric pot w a saucer. It had about 4-5 weeks veg under cfl. It is flourishing. I have very high hopes for this lady. It has not had cat drench yet. I think I might give it one more straight water then cat. It is exhibiting more sativa like features than other SPs Ive grown. Could be a pheno trait or perhaps an effect of the kit.
update_sugar.jpg
update28.jpg
update_12.jpg

Next is Carnival. I was taken by the beauties that graytail has grown. This lil lady was 13/11 from seed. It is a more petite plant, The nugs are very appetizing and I expect they will fatten nicely in the weeks to come. It is in 7g fabric with kit soil.

update_hello_my_name.jpg
update_carnival.jpg

This is the Acapulco that i scorched with foliar. It is the same age as the Carnival. It is not in kit soil and it never recovered from an early high-brix foliar that i foolishly administered weeks ago. The funky little buds are rock hard and have a fantastic grape aroma.

update_acapulco.jpg
update_acapulco_1.jpg

Nice! What happened to the fan leaves that have some of them discolored?

It's interesting to see your Carnival all grown up. :cheesygrinsmiley: Yours has much fatter leaves than mine does. And your nugs are much denser, but that's probably due to your style, too. That's a good way to grow weed for one person - I like it. :blunt:

I'm also growing Acapulco Gold (for the 2nd time). This time I just let it grow without topping or LST. Its over 2 feet tall, and growing slow. Its a good smoke. My best weed. I only have a little left. This is why I grew her again. The first one was taller and more of a lime green. The current one is darker green and more filled out. The plants love the Platinum LED 450w.

Back
Top Bottom