InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Yip looking healthy as a mofo, next gen is looking like they are raring to go.
Always raring to go and really no room!
I’ve still got my cuttings going of both plants. Thank you though! How well do you think real dense buds will do with your higher RH?
Moldy! I'll take my chances though.
Survival of the fittest. I didn’t use humidity domes and I think the humidity in the room was super low like 30rh. I didn’t have 100% success rate but most of them have taken off and look very healthy. I just 45 them slice a half centimetre down the stem and shave some of the stem off the outside. Stick in cloning gel then jam into pro mix hp pre soaked with thrive alive b1 red which is sea kelp I believe. Works pretty damn good especially since I treated them like garbage. I find they like the abuse.
We do about the same thing (different products though) but I add the domes. Once I stopped failing miserably at cloning, I've stuck with my current method. Something else might work for me but I'm doing too well this way to change a thing!
Morning Shed :ciao:
Evening!

Aww where’s your optimism?
I'm a pragmatist... ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Evening all! Time for the Saturday update. As you may know, I'm headed down to San Diego tomorrow to meet up with a few members because SweetSue is in town. There will be about six of us and I'm bringing a load of clones to offload. Anyway, I won't be here tomorrow so I figured now would be the time to post the AK-47 harvest, on flip day 71!

Heavenly Hybrid mentioned something about turning off the lights before chop so you don't need to wake up early to harvest at lights on. Brilliant! I unplugged the Samsungs last night at 8pm and went in around 9:30 this morning to pull the AK out for harvest. Here it is:

All down and weighed (517 grams with stems and leaves):

I already sent newty her pic of the plant holding the container, so I'll skip it. Here are the bones-o (for the little ones):

Amy is always here, so here is my tribute to her classic. Always imitated, never duplicated:

Anyone thirsty?

Washed and rinsed:

I started trimming while they were dripping wet per @BeezLuiz suggestion and it was working pretty well! But uh oh...my son had a soccer game right in the middle of the process :eek: . I couldn't leave them hanging for three hours, so I put them all – trimmed and untrimmed – in the (rinsed) bucket and filled it with water. Of course they float, but I fixed that!

When I got back, my wife and I trimmed them (she took off all those fans and I trimmed and hung them). It took most of the rest of the afternoon but we got it done before the sun went down. Here they are hung for the dry:

BeezLuiz' advice was spot on. As a wet trimmer, I've had problems with the buds drying too quickly after the wash and the leaves wilting back on to the buds, and this prevented it. They may have gotten wetter than normal with the soaking, but I let them line-dry a while after trimming before they went in the box, so I'm sure they'll be fine.

New tricks learned... :thanks: double H and BL!

On a cloning note, the BC cuttings have the domes cracked now, a week after putting them in ProMix. I'll probably close them for the night and open them again in the morning.

Also, the Candidas needed water again!

Hope your weekends are all going well! :peace:

Lol, I actually schlepped mine into a closet :laughtwo: But I’m glad to have contributed to the creative process! :love:
Congrats Shed, looks like a mighty fine harvest. Great idea for letting Mrs. Shed LLC clip the fans, I may have to let Mr. H participate the same way. :thumb:
Glad soaking the buds worked out so well for you. Great job Shed!!
Edit: ps - have a great time to everyone going to the meet up! :ciao:

Aww hell no!
Then I won't bring a bottle with me tomorrow...
Lol, I actually schlepped mine into a closet :laughtwo: But I’m glad to have contributed to the creative process! :love:
Congrats Shed, looks like a mighty fine harvest. Great idea for letting Mrs. Shed LLC clip the fans, I may have to let Mr. H participate the same way. :thumb:
Glad soaking the buds worked out so well for you. Great job Shed!!
Edit: ps - have a great time to everyone going to the meet up! :ciao:
Thanks double H. However you did it, it inspired me to sleep in :).
drive safe.
Thank you kindly nobody.
Why do you wash them shed and what do you wash with?
I wash with a 50/50 mix of H2O2 and water. I think this strength (recommended by SweetSue) did kill the bugs. Why do I wash? Go back and look at the pic of the water!

Well done Shed! Would there be any benefit to watering the wash water back into other plants?

Enjoy your day in SD! Drive safe :)
I think Shed's gone for the day . NO it would not be good for your plants , It has H2O2- hydrogen peroxide in it

H2O2- hydrogen peroxide
Doh, ya I forgot about that. I don't use the H2O2 on my bud wash only because I dont see the bugs on the plants from the tent grows in the past. I would assume without the HP there would be no issue then?

Thanks!

Doh, ya I forgot about that. I don't use the H2O2 on my bud wash only because I dont see the bugs on the plants from the tent grows in the past. I would assume without the HP there would be no issue then?

Thanks!
I do believe one of the buckets also has lemon juice. Not sure that would be something you'd want to water your plants with either.
BTW I see you've changed your avatar to the Maple Leafs. There's nothing better (sports-wise) than playoff hockey!! I got to attend game #1 of the Sharks playoffs - great time!

New tricks learned... :thanks: double H and BL!
Glad to have helped. :)

When I got back, my wife and I trimmed them (she took off all those fans and I trimmed and hung them). It took most of the rest of the afternoon but we got it done before the sun went down.
Having company while trimming makes the task more enjoyable. Last harvest, my wife also was in charge of the initial fan leaf removal, but she eventually graduated to the sugar leaf trimming/manicuring as well. Considering she rarely consumes any weed, she was a trooper helping with all that trimming! :love:

BTW, you dropped a nug -- sitting in the bottom of your drying box. Don't loose it! :p

I do believe one of the buckets also has lemon juice. Not sure that would be something you'd want to water your plants with either.
BTW I see you've changed your avatar to the Maple Leafs. There's nothing better (sports-wise) than playoff hockey!! I got to attend game #1 of the Sharks playoffs - great time!
That's correct Beez, re the LJ. I didn't think it was a concern since the mix would have been pH'd before use.
It's just my curiosity getting to me. I just wasn't sure if there was any benefit to the mix going back in.
I may do a PPM reading on the buckets to see how much crap is actually in there after wash.

The logo was inspired by @BeanTownFan420 who is a big Bruins fan, who changed his after some fun banter at my journal, lol. It would be good to see more enthusiasts use them. When your team gets knocked out, it's time to change your Av :)

Thanks Beez!

I like that idea. It's always cool to see what other interests people have besides growing! I'm a golf fan so it was cool to see tiger back on top. I'm personally not a fan, but I think it's good for the sport...

Hope you have fun shed. Say high to all the friends, and behave yourself ;).

Back
Top Bottom