InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Busy week.
A new roof, tinkering with wood and all of the other stuff that you said that I can't remember cuz I'm stoned.
Testing my oils that I made..... It's touch and go.

Adorable spider btw. I love the lil jumpers.

High Shed, I live in Southern California as well and I buy food grade grain alcohol as well as isopropyl at my local hydro store. Its 149 a gallon though.

My hubby makes Limoncello (very good stuff!) And we've had trouble getting Everclear as well. There are a few distilleries in our area who we've gotten something very similar to it from.
I have no clue of local distillers in Los Angeles, but I know I don't want to pay artisinal prices for this. Great idea for Limoncello though!
High Shed, I live in Southern California as well and I buy food grade grain alcohol as well as isopropyl at my local hydro store. Its 149 a gallon though.
Check out the Extactohol website then. They're a sponsor and it's a hell of a lot cheaper!

The house I bought 20 yrs ago had a kitchen fire. I knew the guys living in the house then. Idiots. They figured they would make some oil out of trim using IPA on the stove top. Well when the vapor hit the top of the pot and then flowed down to the hot element it flashed back to the pot. Needless to say they they did some time in the old slammer.
That’s an example of why I never tried. Previous experience has taught me that anytime I play with alcohol it turns into fire and I have the scars to prove it. :rofl:

Highya ITS,

Congrats on getting your roof redone! Nothing like roof trouble when you're trying to sleep!!

Lovely lineup you have there! looks like your fall/winter grow will be very nice! Already off to a great start! Keep up the great work! Happy Smokin'

I posted this over in Grandpa's QWET thread, but I thought I would put it here since not everyone here is there!

I'd like to pose a question, and it's based on the fact that I'd like my son to use a rosin vape pen rather than spend all his money on cartridges, as he does now:

If I am only going to go with one method of extraction and I want the highest return on my harvests, am I better off with a press or QWET? I know that a press leaves enough behind that folks often later run the pucks through QWET to get the leftovers, so if I went with QWET and a distiller to reclaim 75-80% of the alcohol for each run, would that the best way to maximize the return?

I would have to order Extractohol online because 190 proof alcohol isn't available in California, and if you get 5 gallons at a time it's ~$54/gallon. And tabletop distillers run in a large range from $70-250 (for some reason).

Any thoughts?

hiya shed.

i mentioned this in another post. you might be able to source high test grain ethanol through a local craft distiller. nearly all here have turned to producing a 70+% product for use as hand sanitizer. one here sells a 80% (160 proof) food graded ethanol with no coloring or bittering agent. they call it emergency vodka. we are sourcing it from 3 different distillers at present. comes in 20L pails.

if you do purchase some make sure there is no bittering agent.

hiya shed.

i mentioned this in another post. you might be able to source high test grain ethanol through a local craft distiller. nearly all here have turned to producing a 70+% product for use as hand sanitizer. one here sells a 80% (160 proof) food graded ethanol with no coloring or bittering agent. they call it emergency vodka. we are sourcing it from 3 different distillers at present. comes in 20L pails.

Same here Bluter. We aren’t legal in my state so I would be hesitant barter with weed, but most of the guys in the back of the house distilling have gladly given it to us for a bottle of the final product. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Same here Bluter. We aren’t legal in my state so I would be hesitant barter with weed, but most of the guys in the back of the house distilling have gladly given it to us for a bottle of the final product. :cheesygrinsmiley:

they can sell it to you legal here depending on circumstance. it's accessible to any business owner for example. there are other points of legal access as well.

I'll be 92 and if I'm still alive hope someone will be looking after me...
:bong: I am still 5 pages behind, but wondered if this was a joke because, you know, you get birthday wishes so frequently.

You are the most bada$s human I have come across, over 91!

Love the trivia easter egg hunting and the reassuring kind hand and sofa king many tunes! Oh wait, and the tutorials about cannabis and other related growing bailing wire (see, I don't think it fits here )

That family is indifferent to your smoke report efforts, but they need someone to watch mma & popstar with and they just may help you little red shed. No doubt!

:ciao:
good lookin’ plants, Shed
might get a still myself, ha
Figured I’d pop in
Thanks Chef, and :welcome: to my perpetual journal overarching narrative! Nice to have you stop by. :ciao:
Highya ITS,
Congrats on getting your roof redone! Nothing like roof trouble when you're trying to sleep!!
Lovely lineup you have there! looks like your fall/winter grow will be very nice! Already off to a great start! Keep up the great work! Happy Smokin'
Yeah it was really overdue, and the thought of spending another rainy season up there in the dark with roof patch was more than I could bear! Thanks Bode!
hiya shed.
I don't have a clue where the craft distillers would be in Los Angeles (given property values across the city) but I'm sure a google search and some calls would get me an answer. The transaction would be illegal because the sale of alcohol greater than 152 proof is illegal in the state. Might be simpler to start with really cheap vodka and distill it up from there in the kitchen.
Hey mate, Here is that article about using tapioca as a molecular sieve to remove water from alcohol.
Thanks Celt! Interesting discovery on their part. I don't think I need to make it "fuel-grade" though. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Or can I take regular vodka and remove the water just by pouring it though the tapioca pearls? No distilling needed?
I use to brew my own Beer :cheesygrinsmiley: The best thing to do is stay Safe !!
Thanks sb! I'm hoping this is pretty low risk. Just heat and no pressure.
Nice to know you can relax about the roof over your head, Shed
Plant family looks good! That will be fun to flower out the sativa ‘moms’... when will you do that? You said, I forgot, and it was 2pages back
Might be in the spring when the weather is warm enough to toss them in the shed at night.
You are the most bada$s human I have come across, over 91!
I think you missed a step Konks! There is a 30 year warranty on the roofing materials. At the end of that is when I will need assistance. :cheesygrinsmiley:
That family is indifferent to your smoke report efforts, but they need someone to watch mma & popstar with and they just may help you little red shed. No doubt!
The family is where I get my smoke reports since I don't smoke it myself ;). But I do indeed check off some other boxes here so I think I'm good for a while. At least while I'm growing!

Thanks Celt! Interesting discovery on their part. I don't think I need to make it "fuel-grade" though. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Or can I take regular vodka and remove the water just by pouring it though the tapioca pearls? No distilling needed?
That’s kinda where I was thinking, soak the pearls in higher proof alcohol. After 24 hours, pour off what’s not been absorbed and measure what’s left. The only thing I am not sure of is whether tapioca absorbs any alcohol. I am thinking it must not if it’s being offered as a drying agent.

Back
Top Bottom