InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Welcome to the Tuesday update with Grandpa's Moonshine and some odds and ends!

Since it's listed first, GM on flip day 56:

I tied it up more this morning because it was starting to tip over as it dried out during the day, which is why there is a pile of stones on the left side of the pot! The top flowers are solid and everything is incredibly sticky. It still needs a gallon/day and I've been spraying with .25% citric acid and BT, both weekly. Other than that, I'm just waiting for it to slow down in drinking.

Onto the other plant in the summer grow, the 5 KIller Cookies still won't get down to 62% RH or thereabouts. :( I had it in a box with the mini-dehumidifier for 4 hours on Sunday and only managed to get it to 66%.

I'll give it another go tonight and see if I can drop it more. One day of Santa Ana winds would be helpful right about now!

Here's a combination pic that shows my collection of solo cup clones, along with a test spray of neem oil in the heat of the noonday sun:

There are three ALKs in that cup, three 5KC's in that cup, and two GM's in the top one of the two. This weekend I think I'll do some culling, as I really don't need all these clones hanging around.

Anyway, about 30 minutes later, the leaves were dry and there wasn't a spot of damage on new or old leaves on any of the plants:

I know that some folks say that spraying in full sunlight will burn the leaves but I haven't found that to be true. I haven't tested it under LEDs, but I will this winter when only the tent will be active.

That's it from me! I hope your week is off to a good start and the days are still sunny and warm in this first week of autumn. ☀️

I tied it up more this morning because it was starting to tip over as it dried out during the day, which is why there is a pile of stones on the left side of the pot! The top flowers are solid and everything is incredibly sticky. It still needs a gallon/day and I've been spraying with .25% citric acid and BT, both weekly. Other than that, I'm just waiting for it to slow down in drinking.

Onto the other plant in the summer grow, the 5 KIller Cookies still won't get down to 62% RH or thereabouts. :( I had it in a box with the mini-dehumidifier for 4 hours on Sunday and only managed to get it to 66%.

I'll give it another go tonight and see if I can drop it more. One day of Santa Ana winds would be helpful right about now!

Here's a combination pic that shows my collection of solo cup clones, along with a test spray of neem oil in the heat of the noonday sun:

There are three ALKs in that cup, three 5KC's in that cup, and two GM's in the top one of the two. This weekend I think I'll do some culling, as I really don't need all these clones hanging around.

Anyway, about 30 minutes later, the leaves were dry and there wasn't a spot of damage on new or old leaves on any of the plants:

I know that some folks say that spraying in full sunlight will burn the leaves but I haven't found that to be true. I haven't tested it under LEDs, but I will this winter when only the tent will be active.

That's it from me! I hope your week is off to a good start and the days are still sunny and warm in this first week of autumn. ☀️
that GM look like its almost done & looks super good, nice looking nugs & hopefully can get the RH down a bit more

That GM rocks! (Ha Ha)

Highya ITS,

I agree with GDB, that Grandpa's Moonshine is gorgeous!! Really fat buds on her. Love that box with the dehumidifier. Gorgeous buds from 5KC? Looks like it. I put my plants (whole) in a room with a dehumidifier for a week. Always just right to burp. Takes awhile. Practicing your clone game again? They all look good. Happy Smokin'

I know that some folks say that spraying in full sunlight will burn the leaves but I haven't found that to be true.
Beautiful looking buds you have there 👍 as for burning leaves i find it happens during the heat of the day if you get water droplets on the leaf , if you have a wetting agent in the spray that spreads the water rather than bead it i don't see it being an issue as you don't get a magnifying bubble of water concentrating the light .
Its not the wet leaves so much as the water droplets.

Gosh, that dehuey box is impressive Shed. Those nugs look perfect. Your GM is a stunner too.
I'm interested in your leaf spray / LED test.
Don't work too hard :)

And that's how you grow pot! Ladies and gentlemen this humble man has just successfully grown pot!. I love it!

Geez, that box of harvested buds that you're trying to bring down the humidity with looks impressively loaded. Good job on the spraying.
Thanks Stunger! I didn't have a chance for another dehuey run tonight, but there's always tomorrow. :)
that GM look like its almost done & looks super good, nice looking nugs & hopefully can get the RH down a bit more
Thank you con! I'm actually surprised the GM isn't done based on appearance, but given that it's still drinking and I'm not sick of looking at it, I guess it's not time yet. ;)

I'll get more trich pics on Friday and see what they have to say.
:thanks:
Mini Monsters!! When you ditch those solo cups those plants are gonna explode!
LOL thanks Age, but explode is the last thing I want! Almost all of them will be tossed out this weekend.
That Lemon kush is a big plant for a solo.
Thanks Keith! That's actually three plants in one cup, and they been there since mid June.
That GM rocks! (Ha Ha)
:laugh: Thank you GDB!
I agree with GDB, that Grandpa's Moonshine is gorgeous!! Really fat buds on her.
Thanks Bode!
Love that box with the dehumidifier. Gorgeous buds from 5KC? Looks like it. I put my plants (whole) in a room with a dehumidifier for a week. Always just right to burp. Takes awhile. Practicing your clone game again? They all look good. Happy Smokin'
Those are indeed the still-too-moist 5KC buds, which I would really like to finally weigh and jar! That's the only dehumidifier I have and the RH by me never gets much under 68% now, so I'll just have to keep at it until I can get them into the low 60s.
Beautiful looking buds you have there
Thank you Absorber!
as for burning leaves i find it happens during the heat of the day if you get water droplets on the leaf , if you have a wetting agent in the spray that spreads the water rather than bead it i don't see it being an issue as you don't get a magnifying bubble of water concentrating the light . Its not the wet leaves so much as the water droplets.
Neem oil itself acts as a surfactant to make the water stay on the leaf rather than running off, but this weekend I'll put a drop of water on a leaf and keep it level to make it stay in one place and see what happens.

But a leaf would have to be perfectly flat in nature with no breeze for a water drop to actually stay in one spot, no?
Gosh, that dehuey box is impressive Shed. Those nugs look perfect. Your GM is a stunner too.
I'm interested in your leaf spray / LED test.
Don't work too hard
Thanks Carmen, and I do my damnedest not to work too hard!
Looking lush as ever - how about growing out to flower one of the larger solos…?
Nah, I'm done with that experiment. I'll let you and Cola Monster run that show now. :thumb:
I know a guy looks like he did ok doing that…
You mean me?

full
full

Golden Tiger (47g) and It's It Punch (23g), both from 2020 and flipped in my closet between the t-shirts. Technically it's a Big Gulp cup that @Agemon gave me a huge Berry Bomb clone in, so a bit bigger than a solo.

I might have been able to grow them larger, but a) they needed to fit in the closet at night and b) they would need to be watered a lot more since they were out in the sun all day, and I don't work from home to do that.
And that's how you grow pot! Ladies and gentlemen this humble man has just successfully grown pot!. I love it!
Thank you Guy, that's very nice of you to say! :Namaste:

But a leaf would have to be perfectly flat in nature with no breeze for a water drop to actually stay in one spot, no?
A few things have to align for it to happen,
I remember years ago when I first started growing spraying my plant with water and getting a few damaged spots on them. Mind you it was like a 40 degree celsius day when I did it .

A few things have to align for it to happen,
I remember years ago when I first started growing spraying my plant with water and getting a few damaged spots on them. Mind you it was like a 40 degree celsius day when I did it .
I've had leaves burn in high heat and full sun even without water droplets, both thin cannabis leaves and thick citrus leaves. I'll get leaf temp readings when I do the test this weekend.

I had a conversation about that and found you're right most of the time. If there's hairs on leaves it can be an issue, I've been acting like you since I read it. Unless I see a very hairy leafed plant I disregard the old thought.

So besides the oil. Some say even water will act like a magnifying glass and burn leaves. I always go with what nature does as she is perfect.
I'm sure everyone has at some point in their lives experienced a monkeys wedding. We got them in Johannesburg a lot as rainy season is in summer. It's in winter in cape town.
Never had a plant burn after one of those. I'll also spray plants down with cool water on those 40degree c summer days. No burn.
Indoors I suspect it will be different. What happens when man tries to improve on nature. Grow light can burn plants. I've yet to see a plant burnt under the African sun in summer.
Gm looks great as expected.
Have a great day Shed and Crew

GM looks awesome!
That's a nice looking box of buds Shed.

Back
Top Bottom