InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

If it's any help, I learned a bit of knowledge from the outdoor guys who force-flower before setting them out. The plants are also heavily influenced by the direction of the change in daylength. If the days are getting longer, even a little, like in early June, they're far more likely to revert to veg. But after the solstice, you're usually good.

:Namaste:

If it's any help, I learned a bit of knowledge from the outdoor guys who force-flower before setting them out. The plants are also heavily influenced by the direction of the change in daylength. If the days are getting longer, even a little, like in early June, they're far more likely to revert to veg. But after the solstice, you're usually good.
Thanks GT! I'm turning to you for all my lighting questions :).

:thumb: Glad you posted that one! I keep getting landed in journals a page ahead of where i was. When i linked here today, from my watched threads list, I missed almost a whole page - the page where the update was!
Some nice pictures in there Shed. Lots of healthy looking leaves and new flowers :high-five:

I have a question about autos and lighting maybe you guys can help with... I have a 2x4 veg tent (24/0) and a 4x8 flower tent (12/12), and have 9 seeds germinating in the veg tent right now - 6 photos, and 3 OG Kush autos. I plan to top and LST the autos. But, I plan on putting the 6 photos in 5 gallon fabric pots by around week 4, which will leave no room in the tent for the autos that I plan on putting in 3 gallon fabric pots. So, the question is, will putting the autos into the 12/12 flower tent at around 4 weeks old be okay?

I have a question about autos and lighting maybe you guys can help with... I have a 2x4 veg tent (24/0) and a 4x8 flower tent (12/12), and have 9 seeds germinating in the veg tent right now - 6 photos, and 3 OG Kush autos. I plan to top and LST the autos. But, I plan on putting the 6 photos in 5 gallon fabric pots by around week 4, which will leave no room in the tent for the autos that I plan on putting in 3 gallon fabric pots. So, the question is, will putting the autos into the 12/12 flower tent at around 4 weeks old be okay?

Autos can grow under any light cycle as derby had mentioned! You may notice a decrease in yield with the shorter light cycle but otherwise they will be fine!

What Derby said!
It'll be fine other than a loss of product at the end due to a shorter light schedule. Autos don't care what light cycle their on.
This ^
Autos can grow under any light cycle as derby had mentioned! You may notice a decrease in yield with the shorter light cycle but otherwise they will be fine!
Also known as "What Derby said" ;).
Shed the plant's pistols are looking good and starting some staking :goof: Crazy i am glad you ask that about the autos , got some going 1.5 weeks and want to put them outside but need to wait till there big enough to not get eaten in one swipe ! I am running them now on 16 hr light .
Thanks SB, but I hope you're getting more sun than I am! My guess is if anything needs stakes it will be the Berry Bomb since it's trained pretty wide. But I have to say it's a really solid plant so it might do just fine on its own.

I'll get pics of the big ones this weekend.

Shorty 1-pic Friday update, where you get a follow-up shot of the three Candidas. They are filling in above the trim line as expected, and I'm hoping to give one of the 5 gallon black pots away to Clone Boy if he'll ever respond to texts!

They're predicting rain today on the first day of summer in Los Angeles. Lovely, just lovely. Everyone is outside anyway because I'm ever hopeful?

Hope you had a great week and have plans for a better weekend! Me? I need to melt down all the skin salve and add more beeswax to it, as it's melting at warmer room temps, as I thought it might. I'll report back on the updated number!
:peace:

The seedling stage of Autos is similar to that of photos, IMO, they lag for a bit while the root structure develops, then around 2.5 - 3 weeks they just take off, skyrockets in flight! If possible I would give them 24/7 light as long as possible. Not sure what your grow needs/ wants are but you'll notice a significant difference in yield from the lighting increase. Also, if you're comfortable with it, drop those autos into some coco/perlite. There will be a lot more room for roots and that will give you a larger plant up top too.

If you have to go 12/12 for lighting then consider using coco. In coco you'll have to water prolly once a day but you'll give the plant an opportunity to maximize the lighting and the root space too. Just my .02, I've been growing Autos for 8-9 months now, and have a tent dedicated to Autos/Veg. 24/7 lighting with 3 autos in 5 gallons of coco each, and one Candida in veg until further notice.

You're gonna love Autos!!!!!! So much fun!

How are your LST skills? You comfortable with super cropping?

Consider topping if you get an aggressive grower.

Next grow gunna do a Candida for sure ..and make some Fem seeds.

I'll be sure and get some Fem pollen to save for my genetic engineering asss well

Salve should be an easy fix.
Easy if messy and time consuming! First I have to melt down all the twist-up containers and the jars and beeswax and blend it together and repour and clean it all up which isn't easy with beeswax. I'll for sure need a nap!
Consider topping if you get an aggressive grower.
@CrazyChef Consider LST if you get an aggressive grower! No stress, more bud...
Next grow gunna do a Candida for sure ..and make some Fem seeds.
I'll be sure and get some Fem pollen to save for my genetic engineering asss well
This ^ !

Okay everyone...gather round to get the results of the lab analysis of my Candida oil!

CBD oil Cannabinoid Analysis.jpg

[I'm only using the first two columns for this discussion.]

Let's start with the assumption that 1 gram = 1 ml since they report in mg/g rather than mg/ml like I had hoped. I've asked for confirmation but I probably won't get it until Monday at the earliest.

They have calculated the CBD content at 10.56 mg/ml and the THC below the limit of quantitation (at 0.46 mg/ml). So good on the breeders MMG for getting this strain locked down!

Now, let compare these results to @Oldbear's spreadsheet that I used when I made the oil.

You can see on the bottom right in the green cells that I had CBD at 11.16 mg/ml, so I was only off by 0.6 mg, which is pretty damn good! Lucky probably, but good nonetheless :). Why lucky?

Because what we can't tell is whether the CBD % and efficiency rating are correct on the spreadsheet, as I didn't have any buds tested and went with a guess of 15% CBDx. It's possible that my buds are 20% CBDx and my efficiency rating is actually too high, or the reverse.

Either way, as long as I run my batches of oil the same way, I will know exactly what my doses are going forward.

Money well-spent I'd say.

I envy your access to lab testing there in the future. Here in the past we’re still stabbing in the dark (gosh, that sounded darker than it might’ve).
The oil profile looks very useful :goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom