Jon's Final Florida Journal For Real

Fun with Trim Jail Pics

I can actually separate these buds by relative size, lol. This is the smalls jar. Heh. I usually break buds down about this much, maybe a bit less, but these were so sweet I left the big ones as big as I could - I had to trim off into them enough to make sure they weren’t bud rot candidates, but once that determination was made I left them that size. The big ones are still drying, much to my delight. I’ll take these any day of the week as the smallest buds jar. I really hope one of the seeds of this in paper towels pop for the contest. I gotta see if they all go nuts like this one or if I just got lucky.

IMG_4379.jpeg

IMG_4380.jpeg

Skywalker

The never ending plant just doesn’t want to finish. Trichomes appear closer than the buds do. Seems all she wants to do is keep making more frost pockets and get denser.

IMG_4400.jpeg

IMG_4399.jpeg

IMG_4396.jpeg

IMG_4398.jpeg

Cherry Pie

Ok, we are in the jars. In the end, the degree to which the buds were so packed together cost me. I lost 1/2 - 1 ounce in bud rot and 2.5 in flarf. All the buds that were yellowish green (pretty much anything below the colas) turned out to be flarf. Not spreading out the branches enough cost me three/four ounces!!! Lesson learned, especially with goddamn indicas. Anyway, I’m gonna let it sit and stabilize for three or four days and then post a yield report. Here’s pretty much what the finish buds look like, although the 420h tends to wash out color - they’re more purplish than it appears in the picture. Buds are dense and sweet and stinky. Like a deep earthy fruit. A red wine thing.

IMG_4401.jpeg

Skywalker

She couldn’t be closer. I can take this plant anytime now. We have 10%-15% amber easy, with lots of dark, mature amber. I’m going to give them one more day, possibly two, then down she comes:

IMG_4407.jpeg

IMG_4408.jpeg

IMG_4409.jpeg

Skywalker

She couldn’t be closer. I can take this plant anytime now. We have 10%-15% amber easy, with lots of dark, mature amber. I’m going to give them one more day, possibly two, then down she comes:

IMG_4407.jpeg

IMG_4408.jpeg

IMG_4409.jpeg
I took the one branch that looked all the way done and had the most amber: here it is wet trimmed properly. These buds are as close to perfect as I’ve ever grown.

IMG_4412.jpeg

Good morning jon! You trim jobs have such tenacity to them they shine!
Even for mostly myself I prefer bag worthy trimmed weed. Otherwise I just sit there and pull tiny leaves off before smoking it. My goal is that besides the stems inside the buds, everything is 100% smokeable, just pack it in the bong.

Even when you do your undercarriage perfectly and leave only the best up top, you still gotta spread them out. Otherwise you may end up with this much flarf. This is waste that could have been real buds but for my mistake, and the rub of that is I know better. Whatever the yield is, this is about 4 ounces of fluffy crap - obviously won’t be counted in yield, but too bad. Oh well. What I have is great and I’m super happy with it. And this will make a ton of kief.

IMG_4413.jpeg

I found you already but that’s helpful, thanks! Great start. Btw - can I rib you just a little? What’s up with the power strip inside the tent and in the middle of the plants?? Lol.

Northern Lights Auto
Day 46

Couple things about this plant, besides that she’s awesome. Lol.

- The branch shown first is the most dominant branch on the whole plant and is the one dictating the height we are attempting to keep the canopy. Notice it is untethered and unlifted. This is au natural. The others are all shorter. I am keeping the canopy even not by bring branches down and wider, but by pushing the others all up to the level this one is at.

- That’s allowing me to keep it fairly level. (Intentional understatement - Sorry @InTheShed, not sure you get to chuckle just yet, lol).

- Here’s our girl from as close to dead center overhead as I can contort my body to capture. Quite the handsome girl she is.

I have one of these in a pot in the tent in case I need or want it for the contest. After seeing this one, she’d probably be a good addition. Maybe can the Trizkit that sprouted weird for it.

Back
Top Bottom