Jon's Final Florida Journal For Real

I forgot…here’s what the Blackberry Moonrocks looks like at harvest. Dense ass sativa looking buds. A bit evil looking if you ask me.

IMG_4462.jpeg

Why can't the lower stems participate as well? They're plant parts too! Lol.
Idk Azi, all I know is that I just escaped watching paint dry, only to immediately be stuck in - you guessed it - watching paint dry. Oy.

Here’s what the lower/later branches of the Blackberry Moonrocks look like wet trimmed. Amazing what a few days of proper light will do. Four days ago, these were flarfy as hell. Second picture is the lowest bud on the branch - not even pictured in the first pic, this bud is below what’s pictured - the bottom bud. I’ll take it.

IMG_4473.jpeg

IMG_4479.jpeg

Northern Lights Auto

Today I did a little adjusting. I brought four of the side branches which were below canopy up to the top, and adjusted the mains around the outside. I also did a small amount of upper canopy defol and tucking. She’s much more consolidated and tighter and taller a little. My upping the calmag a bit is also bringing her green up quickly as desired. You can see she now shows a lot more viable buds. In the next few days I’ll trim out the crap I can find. What a great and highly cooperative plant. Bravo Seedsman.

IMG_4495.jpeg

IMG_4493.jpeg

IMG_4496.jpeg

Northern Lights Auto

Today I did a little adjusting. I brought four of the side branches which were below canopy up to the top, and adjusted the mains around the outside. I also did a small amount of upper canopy defol and tucking. She’s much more consolidated and tighter and taller a little. My upping the calmag a bit is also bringing her green up quickly as desired. You can see she now shows a lot more viable buds. In the next few days I’ll trim out the crap I can find. What a great and highly cooperative plant. Bravo Seedsman.

IMG_4495.jpeg

IMG_4493.jpeg

IMG_4496.jpeg
The NL is looking great nice work

Here’s how the remaining Blackberry Moonrocks looks. Just about ready, another day or two.

IMG_4491.jpeg
also looks great, wish i had one Lol!

I'm sorry that I missed your post! I was caught up with other tasks, but I would have loved to have seen it sooner. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

It was nice to be able to read through all of your posts in one go, without having to wait for updates. I enjoyed getting a comprehensive look at your thoughts and ideas all at once.

Thank you for taking the time to write such detailed and well-thought-out posts. It's always great to have a thorough perspective on things, and it's been a pleasure to read through it all.

@ViparSpectra Tent Par (PPFD) Test
XS 1500 Pro

My goal today was to dial in the height of the seedlings (distance from lights) relative to the power level of the lights. The daily environment in the garage with no AC and the door to the tent wide open, in the back of the garage here and with the garage door also open, like this, is approximately 88-90 degrees and 75-85% RH. I feel that’s the best seedling environment I have of the three spots. RH is too low in the closet, only around 58-60%, and of course the 5x5 is taken. So all four autos will veg here as shown.

The top of the pots is 20” from the lights. Using both lights (cuz I want the larger field) at 5% put me at 140 ppfd. Too low. With both here as shown at 25% we get 430-450 ppfd. That’s right where I like it to start.

Done and done. ViparSpectra made these lights easy to manage and dial in. Just wish (sorry Val!) it was a sweep dial for the dimmer rather than a notched incremental one, but it’s a small thing. Very excited to be started. All the seeds are in paper towels and all four have cracked.

IMG_1690.jpeg
That's OK, we got it and will pass on it to our engineering department.
Hey Valerie of @ViparSpectra, I have a question for you that I’m putting here in the journal so that the many others with these lights will also know the answer. (Not to put you on the spot, but it’s an easy one…)

The question is about the dimmer on the XS 1500 Pro. It’s notched at 5, 25, 50, 75, and 100%. My question is, when you turn the dial to increase or decrease power, in the space BETWEEN the notches, is the power level still increasing or decreasing? Or in between the notches does it stay at the previous notch power level until it settles into the next?

Hope that makes sense and isn’t too dumb.

Thanks Val!!!

:thanks:
Hello Jon, sorry for my lateness, I think a little late than never, regarding the dimmer, yes, it stays at the previous notch power level until it settles into the next, only 5, 25, 50, 75, and 100% can choose. If it can increase or decrease, the description should be 5-100% dimmer.
Let’s talk a bit about the
@ViparSpectra XS 1500 Pros!

ViparSpectra has nailed these lights in a number of ways. I wanted to attempt to display a few for this oh so involved sponsor of ours who is absolutely fantastic. Val at the helm of us has worked out well for everyone involved, and VS has been very aggressive in terms of hooking us all up and following our grows. How many of you have new VS lights or tents you were gifted? I know I do. It’s very impressive and much appreciated. Thanks Val!

These lights are very powerful for their size. They look like these solid little lights that may help out a little to augment or something. Well….no. Lol. These things are real, legitimate lights that are easy to use for beginners and very effective even by expert standards. The par maps are awesome, and I checked them with the Phototone app in an empty tent. Not the best tester on earth, no Apogee, but it works pretty well and is about 90+% accurate. It tests for me as having as even a par coverage across a given space as any light I have. The evenness of coverage, ie, the way the lights actually disperse the light and the shape of the light field, is fantastic. The way I have them set is perfect for a 2x4 tent, like this one Val gifted me. (Hey Val, lol, you know I’m a huge fan…but the tents are frankly not on the same par as these lights….if you can introduce me to the tent R&D guys I’ll get them squared away for you… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ). I joke. Thank you Val. It’s one thing to hook growers up with lights for a budgeted promo. But I bet tents weren’t on the lists. You probably had to take some action there, right? This is what I mean by awesome commitment.

They penetrate very well. I believe part of why is because of the lensing on the outer LED sections. It seems to focus the light downwards and help with the light field shape. Very cool. Even my lower buds come out dense under these lights. And the power for a mere 150 watts is quite impressive too, again I feel the lensing and the way they focus the light is part of the reason for this. As you see them in the pictures they are at 50%. I still have 75 and 100 to play with. Val, many of us feel the lights would be improved with a dimmer that is 100% infinite sweep. By giving us increments on the dimmer the adjunct effect is that basically you guys are controlling our grows to a certain extent. Grower snobs like us appreciate the control and fineness to detail that a full sweep dimmer knob would provide. But that said it works very well and the presets are easy to work around if necessary. It’s a small thing but a big thing if that makes sense.

Two of these work perfectly for a 2x4. Four apparently are equally great in a 4x4. I have used them as side lights in my 5x5 even too! Point being that the lights are flexible and have multiple applications if you choose. A very strong characteristic. They are great as side lights btw.

Overall I am saying I for one am a huge fan and this is a light I would recommend, especially for the beginner. They are super solid, small and easy to work with, and pack a huge punch. I even sold two to my drummer and grower friend in PA who isn’t even with us! (Val I’ll send you my address for the commission check - lmao!!!)

Here’s a photo montage of the ViparSpectra tent showing what I discuss above. There are also old Blurple comparison shots where you can see how far lights have come, especially the diodes and concepts.

IMG_2233.jpeg

IMG_2234.jpeg

IMG_2235.jpeg

IMG_2236.jpeg

IMG_2237.jpeg

IMG_2238.jpeg

IMG_2239.jpeg

IMG_2241.jpeg

IMG_2242.jpeg
Dear Jon, thank you so much for using our product and sharing your experience with us. It means a lot to us to hear your thoughts and feedback, and we truly value your input. We're so glad that our product was able to meet your needs and provide a positive experience for you.
We're always striving to improve and innovate, so please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any suggestions or ideas for how we can make our product even better, thank you again for choosing us.

I'm sorry that I missed your post! I was caught up with other tasks, but I would have loved to have seen it sooner. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

It was nice to be able to read through all of your posts in one go, without having to wait for updates. I enjoyed getting a comprehensive look at your thoughts and ideas all at once.

Thank you for taking the time to write such detailed and well-thought-out posts. It's always great to have a thorough perspective on things, and it's been a pleasure to read through it all.

Hello Jon, sorry for my lateness, I think a little late than never, regarding the dimmer, yes, it stays at the previous notch power level until it settles into the next, only 5, 25, 50, 75, and 100% can choose. If it can increase or decrease, the description should be 5-100% dimmer.

Dear Jon, thank you so much for using our product and sharing your experience with us. It means a lot to us to hear your thoughts and feedback, and we truly value your input. We're so glad that our product was able to meet your needs and provide a positive experience for you.
We're always striving to improve and innovate, so please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any suggestions or ideas for how we can make our product even better, thank you again for choosing us.
Thankyou for being a pro active sponsor makes me want to sell my lights and buy yours 🙏🙏

Hi Val, and thanks so much. FYI - now that the Skywalker is harvested I will be posting the long awaited review shortly, working on it now. Do you guys at @ViparSpectra have a preference on where I post it? I suggest Product Reviews. Thanks!

Ladies and gentlemen, with a modicum of pride for a change, please allow me to introduce the very first fully dried and ready for the jar, my first official semi organic result, the long anticipated (by me, lol)….

Skywalker

This bud is from the one advance branch I took a few days ahead of the rest. The rest is drying still.

IMG_4513.jpeg

IMG_4514.jpeg

Ladies and gentlemen, with a modicum of pride for a change, please allow me to introduce the very first fully dried and ready for the jar, my first official semi organic result, the long anticipated (by me, lol)….

Skywalker

This bud is from the one advance branch I took a few days ahead of the rest. The rest is drying still.

IMG_4513.jpeg

IMG_4514.jpeg
Looks beautiful :bravo:
How's it smell👃?
The Obi-Wan Kush I'm growing smells freaking wicked and its a cross of Skywalker and OG Kush

Back
Top Bottom