Jon's Final Florida Journal For Real

Ladies and gentlemen, with a modicum of pride for a change, please allow me to introduce the very first fully dried and ready for the jar, my first official semi organic result, the long anticipated (by me, lol)….

Skywalker

This bud is from the one advance branch I took a few days ahead of the rest. The rest is drying still.

IMG_4513.jpeg

IMG_4514.jpeg
Congrats buddy :yahoo:
Your Bucket list is dwindling.
Is there anything you can’t do?;)

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Looks beautiful :bravo:
How's it smell👃?
The Obi-Wan Kush I'm growing smells freaking wicked and its a cross of Skywalker and OG Kush
It smells a bit citrusy/lemony, a bit sweet, and a ton of the smell I call just “dank.” Thanks!

Hey @Gee64 - so I just took a Brix reading on the Northern Lights auto. This is one of the healthiest chem nute autos I’ve ever grown, and she is right now firing on all cylinders. See the picture? She’s amazing. Yet somehow my Brix reading is only 12.4. What the F? How goddamn well do I have to grow a plant to get higher Brix? My environment and VPD is almost spot on, she’s healthy as an ox, I mean…I can’t grow one better than this. I expected a number like 15-16. Do I need to reset my expectations or what? Thanks!!!

IMG_4516.jpeg

Hey @Gee64 - so I just took a Brix reading on the Northern Lights auto. This is one of the healthiest chem nute autos I’ve ever grown, and she is right now firing on all cylinders. See the picture? She’s amazing. Yet somehow my Brix reading is only 12.4. What the F? How goddamn well do I have to grow a plant to get higher Brix? My environment and VPD is almost spot on, she’s healthy as an ox, I mean…I can’t grow one better than this. I expected a number like 15-16. Do I need to reset my expectations or what? Thanks!!!

IMG_4516.jpeg
It's really hard to grow high brix with chem nutes. Even though hydroponics works well, it's not a plants preferred method of growing. The plant doesn't have hordes of microbes to support so it doesn't see the need to produce sugars for exudates, as there are no microbes to use the exudates, so it will spend it's entire life trying to commit suicide a la bug infestations with you constantly stopping the suicide process until harvest. The 5 main drivers in brix, not counting light, are carbon, oxygen, calcium, phosphorus, and beneficial aerobic soil microbes. You are missing the last one.

The reason microbes are so important in the equation, is because over half of the exudates a healthy plant produces are for the microbes.

Without the microbes, the plant has no need to produce all those sugars, so it's overall sugar content is far lower. Without needing the extra sugars, the plant doesn't photosynthesize as much. At the end of the day, what brix really is, is an indicator of how well your plant is photosynthesizing.

By Natures standards, if it's not 13 or higher, it's not turning a profit, which means it's taking up space, so the clean-up crew gets called in for a culling.

It's really hard to grow high brix with chem nutes. Even though hydroponics works well, it's not a plants preferred method of growing. The plant doesn't have hordes of microbes to support so it doesn't see the need to produce sugars for exudates, as there are no microbes to use the exudates, so it will spend it's entire life trying to commit suicide a la bug infestations with you constantly stopping the suicide process until harvest. The 5 main drivers in brix, not counting light, are carbon, oxygen, calcium, phosphorus, and beneficial aerobic soil microbes. You are missing the last one.
Wow. Ok. Got it. That does explain it. Well hell, in that case, 12.4 is maybe not too bad for the start of flower with a chem nute plant?

The reason microbes are so important in the equation, is because over half of the exudates a healthy plant produces are for the microbes.

Without the microbes, the plant has no need to produce all those sugars, so it's overall sugar content is far lower. Without needing the extra sugars, the plant doesn't photosynthesize as much. At the end of the day, what brix really is, is an indicator of how well your plant is photosynthesizing.

By Natures standards, if it's not 13 or higher, it's not turning a profit, which means it's taking up space, so the clean-up crew gets called in for a culling.
I have my first four organic autos in the contest grow. They are fill in space plants and I needed them smaller than the coco girls. So I’ll be able to compare directly. Even have a Gorilla Cookies in organic as well as two others with Cyco nutes. Cool.

Observation/Question: Brix and THC level/content must not be connected. By your argument, my weed (chem) cannot ever achieve the same level of Brix as an organic plant, and yes, I get that and buy it completely. Just facts. That “should” also mean chem weed cannot match organic in taste or quality Again, I agree 100%.

However, I promise that my weed would get you just as “high” as any organic.

So my conclusion is, Brix and THC level are not connected.

Yes?

Here’s what the Cherry Pie buds look like after being jarred for a bit.

IMG_4524.jpeg

IMG_4525.jpeg

IMG_4526.jpeg

smartphone-smells.jpg

Hopefully it won't be too much longer till Smells over mobile phones are possible 😊
New group rule when it comes out "no farting into phone" :rofl:
Buds look wicked wish I could smell em

smartphone-smells.jpg

Hopefully it won't be too much longer till Smells over mobile phones are possible 😊
New group rule when it comes out "no farting into phone" :rofl:
Buds look wicked wish I could smell em
I’ve been begging for Smellevision for years!

What did you pull off the Cherry Pie?
By jarred yield, 6.6, by overall, 10+. Unfortunately the entire underside was flarf, due to the buds being packed so tight. I won’t do that to the organic one in the contest. It’s a 10+ ouncer if grown right.

By jarred yield, 6.6, by overall, 10+. Unfortunately the entire underside was flarf, due to the buds being packed so tight. I won’t do that to the organic one in the contest. It’s a 10+ ouncer if grown right.
Not ready to weigh this yet, but the Skywalker I’m quite excited about…..

IMG_4527.jpeg

Northern Lights
OCD Training

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Today we did our final settling on what we are keeping and what had to go. Mostly that involved snipping any bullcrap new growth, any older growth that was too low, and then the fun part - choosing what to pare from the remaining keepers. For me, that’s an assessment of where the damn sweet spot is, and is also a function of length of stems all around. Just my theory/way.

So I also propped everything up as high as I could get it to go first. Including staking up center shoots where possible - often something is only too low due to where it sits naturally, but can be manipulated up so as to be as central as anything else. That requires a rather delicate bamboo stake ballet under the plant and using lots of anchor points to prop up colas. But then you can really see what’s up.

Once everything is up, that brings up anything attached, so in essence it’s raising the plant as I even the canopy. But it also creates a tighter plant with better verticality and longer, cleaner stems under everything.

So after all that, here’s the overhead, a closeup on the middle keepers and their spacing, and a side shot showing the prop up. I considered eliminating the entire middle, but my other side outvoted me.

IMG_4528.jpeg

IMG_4529.jpeg

IMG_4530.jpeg

Northern Lights
OCD Training

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Today we did our final settling on what we are keeping and what had to go. Mostly that involved snipping any bullcrap new growth, any older growth that was too low, and then the fun part - choosing what to pare from the remaining keepers. For me, that’s an assessment of where the damn sweet spot is, and is also a function of length of stems all around. Just my theory/way.

So I also propped everything up as high as I could get it to go first. Including staking up center shoots where possible - often something is only too low due to where it sits naturally, but can be manipulated up so as to be as central as anything else. That requires a rather delicate bamboo stake ballet under the plant and using lots of anchor points to prop up colas. But then you can really see what’s up.

Once everything is up, that brings up anything attached, so in essence it’s raising the plant as I even the canopy. But it also creates a tighter plant with better verticality and longer, cleaner stems under everything.

So after all that, here’s the overhead, a closeup on the middle keepers and their spacing, and a side shot showing the prop up. I considered eliminating the entire middle, but my other side outvoted me.

IMG_4528.jpeg

IMG_4529.jpeg

IMG_4530.jpeg
she looks good

Thankyou for being a pro active sponsor makes me want to sell my lights and buy yours 🙏🙏
Haha, trust us, and we will not let you down. 💪

Hi Val, and thanks so much. FYI - now that the Skywalker is harvested I will be posting the long awaited review shortly, working on it now. Do you guys at @ViparSpectra have a preference on where I post it? I suggest Product Reviews. Thanks!
Hey Jon, first off, congratulations on your harvest! It's been a journey, and we can't wait to hear your thoughts on the results. 🍀
As for where to post your review, you're right - Product Reviews is the perfect section for that! It will ensure your review is easily visible and accessible for others to read and learn from your experience. 💪

Back
Top Bottom