Jon's Final Florida Journal For Real

Well Done!!👊❤️. Thats a great yield for a 5 gallon pot. I usually average about 7 oz's per plant in 10gals, and thats with all larf removed, only real nugs. Thats for full sativas, I'm sure it would be more from a hybrid.

Once it's curing its likely going to become really nice at about 6 weeks of cure. I call that 85%.

I find that 6-8 weeks is the biggest single improvement. It's officially great at that point. No coughing, but the buzz can still be a bit zippy.

Then at 3- 4 months it goes to 90%. The flavors get a bit better, the buds get gooey like hash, and all the remaining zippyness is gone.

At 6 months its at 95% and potency is really high, and at about a year it goes to 100% for tastes and smells, but the potency drops a little bit.

The 6 month mark is my favorite spot. Thats where I give a bunch of it away to all my synthetic pals.

I love the way their wives all tell them that they should grow like Gee does🤣🤣🤣.

Not saying I'm a dikk, but when all the wives are hanging out I love to walk by and set a jar of my very best bud on the table. They smoke a few, but oddly enough the entire jar disappears every time🤣🤣🤣.

They could at least return my bovedas🤣

Well Done!!👊❤️. Thats a great yield for a 5 gallon pot. I usually average about 7 oz's per plant in 10gals, and thats with all larf removed, only real nugs. Thats for full sativas, I'm sure it would be more from a hybrid.

Once it's curing its likely going to become really nice at about 6 weeks of cure. I call that 85%.

I find that 6-8 weeks is the biggest single improvement. It's officially great at that point. No coughing, but the buzz can still be a bit zippy.

Then at 3- 4 months it goes to 90%. The flavors get a bit better, the buds get gooey like hash, and all the remaining zippyness is gone.

At 6 months its at 95% and potency is really high, and at about a year it goes to 100% for tastes and smells, but the potency drops a little bit.

The 6 month mark is my favorite spot. Thats where I give a bunch of it away to all my synthetic pals.

I love the way their wives all tell them that they should grow like Gee does🤣🤣🤣.

Not saying I'm a dikk, but when all the wives are hanging out I love to walk by and set a jar of my very best bud on the table. They smoke a few, but oddly enough the entire jar disappears every time🤣🤣🤣.

They could at least return my bovedas🤣
Thanks @Gee64! Yeah, the plant had zero flarf. Every bud was legit and hit the jars. And like I told you, it already out-tastes all my other weed. Yes, I know from curing and time, and although I may vary a bit in preferences, I agree, it’s just that rarely does a plant stick around a year after harvest or even nine months. Lol! But yes, my buddies are going to go nuts over this. Too bad a sample is all they’ll get. This is gold. Mine. Not to be selfish, but I have tons of weed they already perceive as the best around. I almost don’t wanna give any away, cuz then they’ll know. Lmao!

Anyone ever try to smoke a bong hit of all red hairs? You can get one from the bottom of a box or whatever. I’m in process of amassing a whole one, lmao! It’s fun. They get you quite high. You gotta pack huge though, they practically evaporate.
:rofl:

IMG_4552.jpeg

IMG_4551.jpeg
breakfast of the champs, looks good

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

I showed you the good pretty much, except the Blackberry Moonrocks that isn’t quite ready yet. It is all trimmed however. Not surprisingly, given the fact that she was 100% untrained, the BB had a ton of flarf on top of her keeper buds. By far the most of any of the plants. She gave me a lot of bud too, it’s jarred but stabilizing. So I’m going to have a pretty sweeeet kief session when this horrid box dries to a crisp.

Here’s the good, the bad, and the ugly. I’m sure you can figure out which is which. Lmao.

IMG_4557.jpeg

IMG_4553.jpeg

IMG_4554.jpeg

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

I showed you the good pretty much, except the Blackberry Moonrocks that isn’t quite ready yet. It is all trimmed however. Not surprisingly, given the fact that she was 100% untrained, the BB had a ton of flarf on top of her keeper buds. By far the most of any of the plants. She gave me a lot of bud too, it’s jarred but stabilizing. So I’m going to have a pretty sweeeet kief session when this horrid box dries to a crisp.

Here’s the good, the bad, and the ugly. I’m sure you can figure out which is which. Lmao.

IMG_4557.jpeg

IMG_4553.jpeg

IMG_4554.jpeg
Nice looking bud. You grow some fine-looking weed Jon.

The Truly Ridiculous

So that big box of flarf from the Blackberry Moonrockss has been kiefed. As I said before, the bud didn’t look terribly outwardly frosty, but kicked my ass. Well, now I know why. This is astounding. The single biggest kief haul of my entire grow career (from one plant that yielded a normal amount of real bud). I’ve kiefed much larger amounts and gotten WAY less. I’ve kiefed entire large plants that went hermie and gotten less. This bud is simply filled inside to overflowing with trichomes.

The two scale shots - one is in my hand, the other is sitting next to my former largest kief jar, which holds the Doubke Grape kief (I thought that was decent!). And so clean and golden!!!

This is a straight up shitload of kief.

IMG_4561.jpeg

IMG_4563.jpeg

IMG_4562.jpeg

IMG_4560.jpeg

The Truly Ridiculous

So that big box of flarf from the Blackberry Moonrockss has been kiefed. As I said before, the bud didn’t look terribly outwardly frosty, but kicked my ass. Well, now I know why. This is astounding. The single biggest kief haul of my entire grow career (from one plant that yielded a normal amount of real bud). I’ve kiefed much larger amounts and gotten WAY less. I’ve kiefed entire large plants that went hermie and gotten less. This bud is simply filled inside to overflowing with trichomes.

The two scale shots - one is in my hand, the other is sitting next to my former largest kief jar, which holds the Doubke Grape kief (I thought that was decent!). And so clean and golden!!!

This is a straight up shitload of kief.

IMG_4561.jpeg

IMG_4563.jpeg

IMG_4562.jpeg

IMG_4560.jpeg
That's instead of cereal for breakfast 😁

You guys will get a kick out of this. My brother wants to grow weed, so I sent him a light, a 3x3, a pot, a bag of FFOF, and a bag of GeoFlora Veg and Bloom, and frass and bokashi and Great White. I gave him a very short list of stuff he had to get himself, like calmag, EWC, and a fan. Oh yeah, I sent him auto seeds too. A bunch of varieties. This was months ago. I FaceTime prepped the soil with home and told him how to pop seeds and all that crap. But…we are talking about my little brother. Also my lead guitar player. At that, he’s amazing, best in the area by far. However, the rest of his life is, shall we say, a bit scattered. Like I said, he’s a guitar player, and the plants don’t actually clap, cheer or tell him how great he is. So I was dubious that even one plant would get any attention, and I knew for sure he’d do zero research and never text me or call me to ask any questions about anything. Which he did not. So four times he tried and failed. Either drowned the plant or burned it to a crisp. He wouldn’t listen to me. After those attempts he finally decided to say, okay, maybe you know more than me, what should I do? Since then he’s been better about contact but not much. This is the brother I’m waiting to get out of the house we are moving into in PA. Anyway, despite all of that, he has finally gotten a plant (auto) to flower successfully. Funny what happens when you let go of your ego and actually listen to someone and learn something. Lmao. Fricking guitar players. In any event, he calls me this morning and sends me some pictures and tells me what he’s been doing. You guys really would have laughed your asses off. I did as soon as I got off the phone. It’s funny - even someone who has done as much as take care of a house plant has a better head start than my brother, who knows zero about any plant related anything.

So here’s my brother’s first plant to get to flower in reasonable health. I asked him which seed it was. He says I have no idea I just grabbed one. I said why did I label and separate them? Don’t you wanna know what you’re growing? He said yeah but how? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I said well, there’s this thing called the internet that works pretty good to start…..:rolleyes::rolleyes: I also labeled the seeds, so there’s that….

For a lead guitar player he’s doing okay!!
Lmao!

72752992693__3503E0FC-75CA-4AD4-A1AC-CE4B54DDB1D2.jpeg
Oh, so your brother cultivated a "nameless" plant? 😆 You know, maybe the secret will make it taste better since he doesn't know what it looks like himself! 🤣
Really, that's a good example.

Oh, so your brother cultivated a "nameless" plant? 😆 You know, maybe the secret will make it taste better since he doesn't know what it looks like himself! 🤣
Really, that's a good example.
Well, I don’t know if I’d give him as much credit as to say he “cultivated” anything, lol. I gave him a semi organic soil mix, talked him through setting up the pot, and that’s it. He threw a sprout in and did nothing but overwater. Lmao. That the plant even looks that good is astounding. My soil blend. Lol!!!

Blackberry Moonrocks

Turned out that the lowest buds and underside of this plant was pretty flarfy, as discussed. Jarred yield was only 118 grams = 4.2 ounces. Disappointing. But it smells super sweet and what I have is great.

Here’s what it looks like finished:

IMG_4587.jpeg

IMG_4586.jpeg

Here’s the Brix reading on the Northern Lights, in the third week of flower. Wish this number was higher but I guess for a chem plant it’s okay.

IMG_4588.jpeg

What's not to love!
How about finding little eggs of these tiny white lice looking things on all the lower old fans and choosing to remove every fan that had them? Thus compromising the plant’s photosynthesis, and likely costing myself perfection.? That enough? It is for me. Fuck this crap. My mom is home and everything has gone to hell as her condition is requiring l my attention. I’ve lost my mojo. I can’t grow worth a shit.

Back
Top Bottom