LKABudMan And The Vivosun Auto Oasis - Sponsored By VIVOSUN

If a full pot weighs 300g, the empty will weigh around 150g. When it gets below 50% wet (around 225g) I'll water 30ml around the edges. When it gets below 25% wet (below 200g) I'll water fully.

I start in hydroponic plugs, like rapid rooters. They are compressed peat so they don't fall apart.
Thank you.

The Vivosun Auto Oasis
Featuring the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System
Sponsored by VIVOSUN and Herbies US Express

Welcome back to the Vivosun Auto Oasis, a VIVOSUN 32x60x80 tent equipped with the Vivosun SGS.

Vivosun GrowHub 42A ** Currently set to -Seedling- Mode
  • Vivosun AeroLight - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
    • 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Seedling, Intensity:25%, 15" Sunrise/Sunset: YES (20 DLI)
  • Circulation Fan
    • 00:00-24:00 - Speed 1/10
  • AeroWave E6 oscillating grow tent fan - Oscillating using Circulation Fan settings above
  • AeroZesh - 4" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
    • 00:00-04:00 High 70% RH, Speed 5, default off
    • 04:00-24:00 High 82F / 75% RH, Speed 3, default off
Vivosun AeroLight A200SE with GrowHub E25 ** Currently set to -Seedling- 25%
** All controlled on my smartphone through the VIVOSUN App (wi-fi)

Other Equipment:
Vivosun Air Circulator Fan with Remote - Oscillating horizontally and vertically on 'Natural Breeze' mode
Vivosun Humidifier set to 65% warm mist

Buddy (Blueberry Auto)
Date: 1/2/24 Day# 8
Medium: 4" pot with FFHF soil & Dynomyco
Nutrients: None​

After five days in the 4" pot (with only one 30ml watering around the outside), Buddy was ready a full watering. I took my time putting in 30ml at a time until she ran off. After letting her sit for a few minutes, I weighed her at 277g. Since she started at 165g, I know she took 112ml of water. You can see below that she's drinking more each day. I'll wait until she's under 50% wet (around 207g) before giving her another drink around the outside.
Blueberry Auto Tracker.png

They seem to grow so slowly at this stage, but Buddy is looking good. She has a bit of stem under her but I can bury that when uppotting.

The clones are on day# 11 and 5 of 6 have rooted. Until now they've been shielded from direct light and under the dome to encourage rooting. Now that they've rooted the dome comes off and they get direct light. They're all still green and looking great.

I turned the A200SE on at 25%. Along with the AeroLight they're now getting around 15DLI. They're such short clones, I'd love to get some length on them before putting them in the RDWC. They'll hang out in here for a week or two while I get the RDWC tent ready for them.

#VIVOSUN #SmartGrowSystem #LoveWhatYouGrow

Off to a great start, and it's always telling to see the plant get shorter in the spreadsheet on transplant!
Thanks Shed, and indeed it is ;)

The Vivosun Auto Oasis *ANNEX*

Welcome back to the Vivosun Auto Oasis *ANNEX*, a VIVOSUN 48x48x80 tent equipped with the Vivosun Smart Grow System (SGS).

VIVOSUN GrowHub 42A ** Currently set to -Seedling- Mode
  • VSF6450
    • 22:00-04:00 OFF
    • 04:00-22:00 Spectrum:Flowering, Intensity:50%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES (40-45 DLI)
  • AeroWave E6 oscillating grow tent fan - Oscillating
    • 22:00-24:00 - Speed 5/10
    • 04:00-22:00 - Natural wind
  • AeroZesh T4 - 4" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
    • 00:00-04:00 High 52% RH, Speed 10, default off
    • 04:00-24:00 High 82F / 62% RH, Speed 10, default off
Other Equipment:
- 8" floor fan
- Oscillating tower fan

Gaby (Herbies Seeds Gorilla Glue #4 Auto)
Date: 1/3/24 Day# 65 (Flower day# 39)
Medium: 5G SIP Bucket with FFHF & Dynomyco
Nutrients: Nutrients: MC Blend (5.5MC+1SC+.5MgS=131N-64P-232K-124Ca-61Mg-83S)​

I'm filling Gaby's res morning and night now as she's taking over 5 liters/day.
Gaby Tracker.png
In her 6th week of flower Gaby is still looking really healthy. She has a little bit of tip burn, but I'd prefer a slight tip burn over deficiencies any day! She's getting frosty and stinky and packing on the bud so I'm going to keep the pedal to the floor. Time to see how fat this lady can get :)

*** Harvest Update ***
Pinky (Herbies Seeds Bubblegum Auto)

Harvested: 12/19/23 Day# 105 Fday# 74
Drying Space - 28SqFT closet with central A/C
Other Equipment: Air purifier circulating air, dehumidifier set to 70%​

Pinky spent 16 days in the drying closet.
1000018047.jpg
I've been adding new bud (Colombian Gold) to the closet continuously, though, so the RH has stayed > 60%. Today I pulled all five hangers out, bucked the buds from the stems, and put them in Grove bags. The buds were still huge, although they are light and mostly foxtails. Here is just the first hanger that was cleaned.

And I thought she was losing a lot of hairs before, this lady is a pistil-packing momma! There were red hairs everywhere.

She ended up in two 1lb Grove bags because the buds are so big and fluffy. Overall, she weighed in at 431g, or just over 15.2oz. She's very sticky and still smells incredible. In fact, I ground some up a little while ago and she already hits very nice. I'm looking forward to having some bubblegum in my rotation :) And now I have 5 more hangers to fill with Colombian gold.

Nice haul BudMan. Enjoy! :ganjamon:
Thanks GDB, I will :rollit:
Fluffy or not, just over 15.2 ounces is just over 15.2 ounces...excellent work!
Thanks Shed, I'm happy with it. My previous fluffiest bud was the Green Crack Auto, really just a bunch of loose calyx and leaves. And still one of my son's favorites.

The Vivosun Auto Oasis

Welcome back to the Vivosun Auto Oasis, a VIVOSUN 32x60x80 tent equipped with the Vivosun SGS.

Vivosun GrowHub 42A ** Currently set to -Seedling- Mode
  • Vivosun AeroLight - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
    • 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Seedling, Intensity:25%, 15" Sunrise/Sunset: YES (20 DLI)
  • Circulation Fan
    • 00:00-24:00 - Speed 1/10
  • AeroWave E6 oscillating grow tent fan - Oscillating using Circulation Fan settings above
  • AeroZesh - 4" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
    • 00:00-04:00 High 70% RH, Speed 5, default off
    • 04:00-24:00 High 82F / 75% RH, Speed 3, default off
Vivosun AeroLight A200SE with GrowHub E25 ** Currently set to -Seedling- 25%
** All controlled on my smartphone through the VIVOSUN App (wi-fi)

Other Equipment:
Vivosun Air Circulator Fan with Remote - Oscillating horizontally and vertically on 'Natural Breeze' mode
Vivosun Humidifier set to 65% warm mist

Buddy (Blueberry Auto)
Date: 1/5/24 Day# 11
Medium: 4" pot with FFHF soil & Dynomyco
Nutrients: None​

Buddy is still not drinking much, less than 30ml/day. So, I'm not giving her much, letting her drink what's in the pot and dry down to the bottom of the pot. By tomorrow she'll be ready for another full watering.
Blueberry Auto Tracker.png
Buddy is healthy and growing well, with her third node forming her first 5-fingered leaves. I'm expecting a growth spurt after her next full watering, with her using her nice green solar panels to really put on some growth. She's moving quickly now, she'll be in her own SIP before I know it.

The Vivosun Auto Oasis *ANNEX*

Welcome back to the Vivosun Auto Oasis *ANNEX*, a VIVOSUN 48x48x80 tent equipped with the Vivosun Smart Grow System (SGS).

VIVOSUN GrowHub 42A ** Currently set to -Seedling- Mode
  • VSF6450
    • 22:00-04:00 OFF
    • 04:00-22:00 Spectrum:Flowering, Intensity:45%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES (38-40 DLI)
  • AeroWave E6 oscillating grow tent fan - Oscillating
    • 22:00-24:00 - Speed 5/10
    • 04:00-22:00 - Natural wind
  • AeroZesh T4 - 4" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
    • 00:00-04:00 High 52% RH, Speed 10, default off
    • 04:00-24:00 High 82F / 62% RH, Speed 10, default off
Other Equipment:
- 8" floor fan
- Oscillating tower fan

Gaby (Herbies Seeds Gorilla Glue #4 Auto)
Date: 1/8/24 Day# 70 (Flower day# 44)
Medium: 5G SIP Bucket with FFHF & Dynomyco
Nutrients: Nutrients: MC Blend (5.5MC+1SC+.5MgS=131N-64P-232K-124Ca-61Mg-83S)​

Gaby's tip burn started getting worse. I still had 5G of her nutrients left, so I diluted them with 1G water. It bought them down from 1000ppm (2EC) to 850ppm (1.7EC), and from 6.3pH to 6.5pH. I also lowered the light to 45%, reducing her down to around 40 DLI. Along with the decreased temperatures in the basement (5x5 tent harvested), she's drinking a bit less now. That means I only need to feed her once/day, though, so I'm not complaining.
Gaby Tracker.png
The nutrient/light changes seem to have stopped the leaf issues and she's back to looking healthy. She still has mostly white stigma, although more red/brown are showing every day. Now in her seventh week of flower she's really starting to pack on the bud.

Tomorrow I have the Vivosun program scheduled to put the annex into final 'flower' mode. This brings the RH down to a maximum of 60% during the day and max of 48% at night. I'll be lowering the DLI slightly over the next couple of weeks as well, along with the nutrients to match. All this lady needs to worry about is packing on nice dense bud and finishing up strong.

The autos you grow in there are amazing.
This brings the RH down to a maximum of 60% during the day and max of 48% at night.
I'm curious about this. Maybe you've mentioned it before, but why the lower percentage at night?

Still looking terrific in there!
I'm very happy that she's still so green this late in flower.
How much cooler is it (what, no temp chart)?
It's only been a degree or two but it does make a difference. It's been cold outside, too. So far today the annex hasn't quite hit 77f air temperatures, which puts the leaf temps around 74-75f.
1000018176.jpg

The autos you grow in there are amazing.​
Thanks Mel.
I'm curious about this. Maybe you've mentioned it before, but why the lower percentage at night?
My lights-out temperature is about 10f lower that my lights-on temperature. So in order to keep a consistent 1.2 VPD, I have to lower the RH in the tent at lights-out. Check out the graph below. You can see the temperatures and RH change in day/night cycles, but the VPD stays right around 1.2-1.3 (except when I open the tent).
1000018177.jpg

Oh good! Are you aiming for a 10º swing from high to low? I feel like I remember reading about that years back.
I read that at least 10F difference in day/night temperatures was good for stretching. However, I'm not really controlling the temperatures in the basement, I get what I get. With the tent lights/etc active during the day it's usually around 10F difference.

Killer-looking plant Budman!

Mind a question?

I'll be lowering the DLI slightly over the next couple of weeks as well, along with the nutrients to match.
How do gauge when to start? When you think they're 2 weeks out?

What is "slightly" with regard to lowering the DLI?

You phase out your nutrients?

Did I say "a" question? 🙂

Back
Top Bottom