LKABudMan And The Vivosun Auto Oasis - Sponsored By VIVOSUN

Killer-looking plant Budman!
Thanks GDB.
Mind a question?

How do gauge when to start? When you think they're 2 weeks out?

What is "slightly" with regard to lowering the DLI?

You phase out your nutrients?

Did I say "a" question? 🙂
Great questions. Once most/all of the stigma have a crink on the tips and they start to turn orange/brown they're starting to mature. For DLI, I try to follow this chart for autos:
Screenshot 2024-01-08 164851.png

So, lowering the VSF6450 from 50% to 45% lowered the average DLI from 45 to 40-42 DLI. I'll lower it again at the end of the week, either by changing the intensity to 40% or possibly dropping the schedule down from 18/6 to 16/8.

As the DLI goes down the nutrients need to go down as well. Right now I'm using 5G of flower nutrients watered down with 1G of water (1000ppm -> 850ppm). The next time I mix up nutrients I'll scale them down. I think I'll keep the SC & MgS where they are and scale down the base MC. This will keep the K around 200 while lowering everything. I'm thinking 4.5MC+1SC+.5MgS=108N-56P-202K-104Ca-53Mg-74S.

This is still a work in progress, though, as I still get way too many long-running plants and late-flower nanners. I'm trying to keep them healthy while still not pushing them too hard late in flower.

This may be a weird question, but I have hard water from my tap - roughly 330ppm / 7.8pH - When you're calculating your ppms for feeding solution, are you adding the water ppm to the final calculation or subtracting it. For example, you're aiming for 990ppm as per your spreadsheet, would that be 990+330 in my case, or 660ppm fertilizer + 330 tap water ppm?

This may be a weird question, but I have hard water from my tap - roughly 330ppm / 7.8pH - When you're calculating your ppms for feeding solution, are you adding the water ppm to the final calculation or subtracting it. For example, you're aiming for 990ppm as per your spreadsheet, would that be 990+330 in my case, or 660ppm fertilizer + 330 tap water ppm?
Hi Grassbeer, do you know what the 330ppm is? When I started growing I got a water analysis done from Ward Labs on my well water. It was <$40, I just mailed in a sample of my water and got this back:

Water Report 2021_10_06.jpg

I entered that into hydrobuddy and it's part of my finished analysis. So, I do include my 112ppm water into my final analysis.

When everything is done and mixed you'll be measuring water+nutes. If you're aiming for a 2EC solution, you'll only need 1.4EC of nutes. I'd recommend a water analysis so you know what makes up that other .6EC, though.

Hi Grassbeer, do you know what the 330ppm is? When I started growing I got a water analysis done from Ward Labs on my well water. It was <$40, I just mailed in a sample of my water and got this back:

I entered that into hydrobuddy and it's part of my finished analysis. So, I do include my 112ppm water into my final analysis.

When everything is done and mixed you'll be measuring water+nutes. If you're aiming for a 2EC solution, you'll only need 1.4EC of nutes. I'd recommend a water analysis so you know what makes up that other .6EC, though.
Props on the beautiful well water to build on hahaha - I have not tested my water yet since I've moved recently, but I have the city's water report with some parameters missing. From the info I have most of the hardness is coming from Ca/Mg. I'll look into a water report as I can use it for brewing as well. As usual, thanks for sharing!

Props on the beautiful well water to build on hahaha - I have not tested my water yet since I've moved recently, but I have the city's water report with some parameters missing. From the info I have most of the hardness is coming from Ca/Mg. I'll look into a water report as I can use it for brewing as well. As usual, thanks for sharing!
The extra carbonates should help buffer the pH of your water. And you should never need extra cal-mag ;)

The Vivosun Auto Oasis
Featuring the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System
Sponsored by VIVOSUN and Herbies US Express

Welcome back to the Vivosun Auto Oasis, a VIVOSUN 32x60x80 tent equipped with the Vivosun SGS.

Vivosun GrowHub 42A ** Currently set to -Vegetative- Mode
  • Vivosun AeroLight - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
    • 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Seedling, Intensity:50%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES (24 DLI)
  • Circulation Fan
    • 00:00-24:00 - Speed 1/10
  • AeroWave E6 oscillating grow tent fan - Oscillating using Circulation Fan settings above
  • AeroZesh - 4" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
    • 00:00-04:00 High 70% RH, Speed 5, default off
    • 04:00-24:00 High 82F / 75% RH, Speed 3, default off
Vivosun AeroLight A200SE with GrowHub E25 ** Currently set to -Vegetative- 50%
** All controlled on my smartphone through the VIVOSUN App (wi-fi)

Other Equipment:
Vivosun Air Circulator Fan with Remote - Oscillating horizontally and vertically on 'Natural Breeze' mode
Vivosun Humidifier set to 65% warm mist

Buddy (Blueberry Auto)
Date: 1/11/24 Day# 17
Medium: 4" pot with FFHF soil & Dynomyco
Nutrients: None​

Two days ago I let Buddy dry down and yesterday I gave her one last full watering in the 4" pot. I can see today she has picked up the pace and should be dry by tomorrow. Then it'll be time for her to go into her SIP.
Blueberry Auto Tracker.png
By day# 17 I've usually moved to the SIP and/or topped. Buddy's taking her time, though. She looks healthy and is growing well, so maybe she's just on a different timeframe. She's working on her fourth node now, though, and she's going to her SIP tomorrow. She's on her way...

I shuffled around the Vivosun Auto Oasis yesterday, moving the clones under the A200SE and giving Buddy the AeroLight all to herself. I bumped both lights up to 50%, for the additional light intensity and heat. The clones are all rooted and growing well, and I'm hoping to have them moved out this weekend.

#VIVOSUN #SmartGrowSystem #LoveWhatYouGrow

The Vivosun Auto Oasis

Welcome back to the Vivosun Auto Oasis, a VIVOSUN 32x60x80 tent equipped with the Vivosun SGS.

• Vivosun AeroLight - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
    • 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Seedling, Intensity:50%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES (20" - 24 DLI)
  • Circulation Fan
  • AeroWave E6 oscillating grow tent fan - Oscillating using Circulation Fan settings above
  • AeroZesh - 4" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub

Other Equipment:
Vivosun Air Circulator Fan with Remote - Oscillating horizontally and vertically on 'Natural Breeze' mode

Buddy (Blueberry Auto)
Date: 1/12/24 Day# 18
Medium: 5G SIP Bucket with FFHF & Dynomyco
Nutrients: 1/2c Geoflora veg (1/12/24 - Day# 18)​

Buddy was nice and dry today, two days after her last full watering. Time to uppot to the SIP. I put together the SIP bucket and then put a piece of tape over the fill tube, so I don't accidentally spill stuff down there. Then I pack the 'feet' of the SIP insert. I hold the SIP insert in place while I pack the soil in around the outside. You should be able to turn the bucket over and the feet stay in place.

The I measure enough soil to fill the bucket and mix 1/2c @GeoFlora Nutrients veg and 1 Tbsp @DYNOMYCO in the soil I mix this up and fill the bucket with a 'dummy' pot in buddy's place.

I crush up some @DYNOMYCO and spray the rootball to make sure I get it nice and coated before swapping buddy for the dummy.

I push the soil in around the rootball to make sure it's a tight fit and there is no air gap around the rootball. Then I fill in about inch or two of soil.

I put a piece of garden fabric on top and tuck it in around the outside. This time I'm trying something new: a layer of sand. I'm hoping it will help fight the damned fungus gnats. Finally, I put a layer of rocks on top. It looks pretty, and also keeps everything in place while watering.

She took a gallon of water before she started leaking into the res, then I added another 2L to the res. All the water was treated with Great White and BTI.

Finally, I adjusted the AeroLight to make sure she's still getting 25 DLI (50% @ 20"). I'm hoping to see a fifth node here soon, and then off with her head!

Nice shuffle, and Buddy's looking great! Are how short are you going to make it on transplant?
Thanks Shed. She ended up shorter than I intended with the sand&rocks. Any lower and her lower leaves sit on the rocks.

Another excellent upcan pictorial, and it's looking pretty as a picture!
Thanks Shed.
I'll be interested to see if you get root growth into the sand in the end. I would think so if the moisture level gets up that high since folks clone in damp sand.
Why wouldn't they? I guess I'll see at the end. I'm just hoping it helps with the damned bugs.

The Vivosun Auto Oasis *ANNEX*

Welcome back to the Vivosun Auto Oasis *ANNEX*, a VIVOSUN 48x48x80 tent equipped with the Vivosun Smart Grow System (SGS).

VIVOSUN GrowHub 42A ** Currently set to -Seedling- Mode
  • VSF6450
    • 22:00-04:00 OFF
    • 04:00-22:00 Spectrum:Flowering, Intensity:40%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES (34-36 DLI)
  • AeroWave E6 oscillating grow tent fan - Oscillating
    • 22:00-24:00 - Speed 5/10
    • 04:00-22:00 - Natural wind
  • AeroZesh T4 - 4" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
    • 00:00-04:00 High 52% RH, Speed 10, default off
    • 04:00-24:00 High 82F / 62% RH, Speed 10, default off
Other Equipment:
- 8" floor fan
- Oscillating tower fan

Gaby (Herbies Seeds Gorilla Glue #4 Auto)
Date: 1/12/24 Day# 74 (Flower day# 48)
Nutrients: MC Blend (4.5MC+1SC+.5MgS=106N-56P-202K-104Ca-53Mg-74S)​

I used up the rest of her old nutrients diluted with some water. Yesterday I mixed up her new MC blend, dropping the base MC down from 5.5g/G to 4.5g/G. This drops everything down while still keeping K=200. She's really tailed off her drinking in the last few days. I've been verifying the nutrient pH is 6.5 or above so I don't think that's it. I wonder if it's just salt buildup? Either way it may be time for a flush.
Gaby Tracker.png
Using the diluted nutrients was probably a mistake, as Gaby has really started showing some deficiencies in the last couple of days. The mid-level leaves are showing the worse. I know it's not great for her, but it sure is pretty. I'm hoping the new nutes she started yesterday will help.

Gaby continues to build and mature, though. I see more crinkled and brown stigma all over. Today I lowered the VSF6450 to 40%. On an 18/6 schedule that gives her 34-36 DLI on the canopy. Time for this lady to finish up.

Solid stems on Gaby...even the front one outside the net is standing tall!
She does have some large sturdy stems. We'll see how they look in a couple of weeks.

Welcome back to the Vivosun Auto Oasis *ANNEX*, a VIVOSUN 48x48x80 tent equipped with the Vivosun Smart Grow System (SGS).

• VSF6450
    • 04:00-22:00 Spectrum:Flowering, Intensity:40%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES (34-36 DLI)
  • AeroZesh T4 - 4" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
Other Equipment:
- 8" floor fan
- Oscillating tower fan

Date: 1/15/24 Day# 77 (Flower day# 51)
Nutrients: MC Blend (4.5MC+1SC+.5MgS=106N-56P-202K-104Ca-53Mg-74S)​

Wow, when Gaby started to go downhill she went fast. In the last week she went from mostly green to mostly yellow, really pulling from her top leaves.

My best guess is k-def. I guess I cut the nutrients too far back too quickly. She had pretty much stopped drinking, so on Saturday I flushed her with 5G water followed by 2L nutrients.

Gaby Tracker.png
At this point the damage is done, though. I was hoping to keep her healthy a couple of weeks longer. She's still holding a lot of bud, though, and needs some more time to ripen those trichomes.

Hopefully the flush gets her drinking again, at least for a week or two to get her to the finish line.

:goodluck: with the flush! What was the reason you backed off on the nutes?
Thanks Shed. Her nute burn was getting worse so I backed off everything. I backed off too much, though ;( Live and learn.

• VSF6450
    • 04:00-22:00 Spectrum:Flowering, Intensity:50%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES (40-45 DLI)
Other Equipment:
- 8" floor fan
- Oscillating tower fan

Date: 1/3/24 Day# 65 (Flower day# 39)
Nutrients: Nutrients: MC Blend (5.5MC+1SC+.5MgS=131N-64P-232K-124Ca-61Mg-83S)​

I'm filling Gaby's res morning and night now as she's taking over 5 liters/day.
Gaby Tracker.png
In her 6th week of flower Gaby is still looking really healthy. She has a little bit of tip burn, but I'd prefer a slight tip burn over deficiencies any day! She's getting frosty and stinky and packing on the bud so I'm going to keep the pedal to the floor. Time to see how fat this lady can get :)

Gaby looks great, love the shape

That's dedication, I need to up my game! :) This is a great thread

The Vivosun Auto Oasis

• 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Seedling, Intensity:50%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES (20" - 24 DLI)
  • Circulation Fan

Other Equipment:

Buddy (Blueberry Auto)
Date: 1/12/24 Day# 18
Nutrients: 1/2c Geoflora veg (1/12/24 - Day# 18)​

Buddy was nice and dry today, two days after her last full watering. Time to uppot to the SIP. I put together the SIP bucket and then put a piece of tape over the fill tube, so I don't accidentally spill stuff down there. Then I pack the 'feet' of the SIP insert. I hold the SIP insert in place while I pack the soil in around the outside. You should be able to turn the bucket over and the feet stay in place.

The I measure enough soil to fill the bucket and mix 1/2c @GeoFlora Nutrients veg and 1 Tbsp @DYNOMYCO in the soil I mix this up and fill the bucket with a 'dummy' pot in buddy's place.

I crush up some @DYNOMYCO and spray the rootball to make sure I get it nice and coated before swapping buddy for the dummy.

I push the soil in around the rootball to make sure it's a tight fit and there is no air gap around the rootball. Then I fill in about inch or two of soil.

I put a piece of garden fabric on top and tuck it in around the outside. This time I'm trying something new: a layer of sand. I'm hoping it will help fight the damned fungus gnats. Finally, I put a layer of rocks on top. It looks pretty, and also keeps everything in place while watering.

She took a gallon of water before she started leaking into the res, then I added another 2L to the res. All the water was treated with Great White and BTI.

Finally, I adjusted the AeroLight to make sure she's still getting 25 DLI (50% @ 20"). I'm hoping to see a fifth node here soon, and then off with her head!

Thanks Shed. She ended up shorter than I intended with the sand&rocks. Any lower and her lower leaves sit on the rocks.
Love that setup with the garden mesh and sand. Interesting to see how it works

Gaby looks great, love the shape
Thanks 024, she really filled in that 4x4!
That's dedication, I need to up my game! :) This is a great thread
I brewed beer before growing so I was curious about my well water anyways. I was really glad I could use it for growing.
Love that setup with the garden mesh and sand. Interesting to see how it works
I've used the garden mesh for the past couple of grows, mostly because it's easier to clean the rocks off the top. I'm hoping the sand keeps the gnats away, but I'll see.

Back
Top Bottom