LKABudMan And The Vivosun Auto Oasis - Sponsored By VIVOSUN

The Vivosun Auto Oasis *ANNEX*
Featuring the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System
Sponsored by VIVOSUN and Herbies US Express

Welcome back to the Vivosun Auto Oasis *ANNEX*, a VIVOSUN 48x48x80 tent equipped with the Vivosun Smart Grow System (SGS).

VIVOSUN GrowHub 42A ** Currently set to -Seedling- Mode
  • VSF6450
    • 22:00-04:00 OFF
    • 04:00-22:00 Spectrum:Flowering, Intensity:50%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES (40-45 DLI)
  • AeroWave E6 oscillating grow tent fan - Oscillating
    • 22:00-24:00 - Speed 5/10
    • 04:00-22:00 - Natural wind
  • AeroZesh T4 - 4" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
    • 00:00-04:00 High 52% RH, Speed 10, default off
    • 04:00-24:00 High 82F / 62% RH, Speed 10, default off
Other Equipment:
- 8" floor fan
- Oscillating tower fan

Gaby (Herbies Seeds Gorilla Glue #4 Auto)
Date: 12/26/23 Day# 57 (Flower day# 31)
Medium: 5G SIP Bucket with FFHF & Dynomyco
Nutrients: Nutrients: MC Blend (5.5MC+1SC+.5MgS=131N-64P-232K-124Ca-61Mg-83S)​

The @VIVOSUN Smart Grow System is doing a great job keeping Gaby comfortable in there. I was reviewing her settings this morning and dropped the max RH down to 62%/52%. I'll keep dropping it down every week now to keep her nice and dry.
1000017786.jpg
Gaby is averaging around 5 Liters of nutrients every day, and up to 6 Liters some days. I top off her res at different times, especially at night, which makes the day-to-day amounts different. The 'avg water/day' column is the average over the last 4 days.
Gaby Tracker.png
Gaby is loving this new nutrient mix. She's still looking nice and green and very healthy well into her 5th week of flower :) Her main stem is huge and the branches look like they are ready to handle a lot of weight. She already has some nice big cones and they're getting very frosty. The VSF6450 is filling the tent with 40-45 DLI and she is soaking it up!

#VIVOSUN #SmartGrowSystem #LoveWhatYouGrow

The Vivosun Auto Oasis

Welcome back to the Vivosun Auto Oasis, a VIVOSUN 32x60x80 tent equipped with the Vivosun SGS.

Vivosun GrowHub 42A ** Currently set to -Seedling- Mode
  • AW200SE 200w AeroLight Wing - The world’s first 200W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
    • 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Flower, Intensity:35%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES (12.5 DLI)
  • Circulation Fan
    • 00:00-24:00 - Speed 1/10
  • AeroWave E6 oscillating grow tent fan - Oscillating using Circulation Fan settings above
  • AeroZesh - 4" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
    • 00:00-04:00 High 70% RH, Speed 5, default off
    • 04:00-24:00 High 82F / 75% RH, Speed 3, default off
Vivosun AeroLight SE with GrowHub E25 ** Currently set to -OFF-
** All controlled on my smartphone through the VIVOSUN App (wi-fi)

Other Equipment:
Vivosun Air Circulator Fan with Remote - Oscillating horizontally and vertically on 'Natural Breeze' mode

Buddy (Blueberry Auto)
Date: 12/27/23 Day# 2
Medium: 4" pot with FFHF soil & Dynomyco
Nutrients: None​

After harvesting Pinky and with Gaby in the annex, the Vivosun Auto Oasis was completely empty for the first time since it was set up. I took the chance to clean it up and air it out. Maybe I can get rid of the damned fungus gnats for a change!

Of course, it didn't stay empty for long. Last Friday I put the cloner in the there and put in some Kush Mints clones for the next RDWC run. I put a towel on top so they wouldn't get direct light, better for rooting.

While I was at it I also dropped a seed @ 4:20, @Herbies Seeds Blueberry Auto. Since I had a fresh batch of Clonex I soaked the plug in it until it was saturated. Then, at 4:20 I put the plug in a @VIVOSUN propagation tray and put the seed into the plug, about 1/2" down. I covered the hole with a small piece of the plug and put the dome on the tray. Then I put it on my @VIVOSUN heat mat, set for 77f. The AeroLight was on a 20/4 schedule @ 25%.

Sometime Christmas day, Buddy (the Christmas elf?) sprouted! Yesterday I re-positioned everything to make sure Buddy was getting 8-10 DLI.

Today she went into her own 4" pot. Here she is, going from plug to 4" pot. After thoroughly watering she's 270g. And away she goes!

Love the little Blueberry, :) I know it's a little waif at the moment, but the sprout shows health and vigor.:love: Nice fat stem.:cheer:
Thanks. I still can't believe how small they are in the beginning :)

Buddy looks like a happy little elf.
Thanks Tim.
I'm still amazed by your auto in the annex, that's a 4x4 tent?
Yea, she's filling a 4x4 :) She amazes me too. I love the look of her 'muscles'💪, the bulges that attach her stems to her main trunk!

She still looks really healthy too, and is starting to smell really good :yummy:

#vivosun #lovewhatyougrow

Amazing, all that weight and no need for supports. What bloom nutes did you use on her?
My flowering nutrients right now are Megacrop 1-part (MC), Sweet Candy (SC), and Epsom/Magnesium Sulfate (MgS). Per gallon: 5.5MC+1SC+.5MgS = 131N-64P-232K-124Ca-61Mg-83S).

The Vivosun Auto Oasis

Welcome back to the Vivosun Auto Oasis, a VIVOSUN 32x60x80 tent equipped with the Vivosun SGS.

• AW200SE 200w AeroLight Wing - The world’s first 200W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
    • 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Flower, Intensity:35%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES (12.5 DLI)
  • Circulation Fan
  • AeroWave E6 oscillating grow tent fan - Oscillating using Circulation Fan settings above
  • AeroZesh - 4" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
Vivosun AeroLight SE with GrowHub E25 ** Currently set to -OFF-

Other Equipment:
Vivosun Air Circulator Fan with Remote - Oscillating horizontally and vertically on 'Natural Breeze' mode

Buddy (Blueberry Auto)
Date: 12/27/23 Day# 2

After harvesting Pinky and with Gaby in the annex, the Vivosun Auto Oasis was completely empty for the first time since it was set up. I took the chance to clean it up and air it out. Maybe I can get rid of the damned fungus gnats for a change!

Of course, it didn't stay empty for long. Last Friday I put the cloner in the there and put in some Kush Mints clones for the next RDWC run. I put a towel on top so they wouldn't get direct light, better for rooting.

While I was at it I also dropped a seed @ 4:20, @Herbies Seeds Blueberry Auto. Since I had a fresh batch of Clonex I soaked the plug in it until it was saturated. Then, at 4:20 I put the plug in a @VIVOSUN propagation tray and put the seed into the plug, about 1/2" down. I covered the hole with a small piece of the plug and put the dome on the tray. Then I put it on my @VIVOSUN heat mat, set for 77f. The AeroLight was on a 20/4 schedule @ 25%.

Sometime Christmas day, Buddy (the Christmas elf?) sprouted! Yesterday I re-positioned everything to make sure Buddy was getting 8-10 DLI.

Today she went into her own 4" pot. Here she is, going from plug to 4" pot. After thoroughly watering she's 270g. And away she goes!

Great tutorial LKA. As a matter of interest, what is the reason for taking a wet weight? Don't you want the dry weight so that you know when it is light enough for more water?

Little Buddy is looking happy and that was an excellent pictorial on the whole seedling to upcan process! And with such specificity in there with perlite moats and exact wet-weights, can you at least level the light. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Thanks Shed, and I'll see what I can do about that light ;)

Great tutorial LKA. As a matter of interest, what is the reason for taking a wet weight? Don't you want the dry weight so that you know when it is light enough for more water?
Thanks Carmen. I can't get a dry weight right away because everything has some moisture in it. I've found the dry weight is about 1/2 of the wet weight, though. And since I saturate when uppotting, it's easy to get the wet weight and just estimate the dry weight.

The Vivosun Auto Oasis

• Vivosun AeroLight - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
    • 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Seedling, Intensity:25%, 15" Sunrise/Sunset: YES (17 DLI)
  • Circulation Fan
Vivosun AeroLight A200SE with GrowHub E25 ** Currently set to -OFF-

Other Equipment:

Buddy (Blueberry Auto)
Date: 12/29/23 Day# 4

Buddy was under the 200W AeroLight SE @ 35%. It was too far away, though, and only giving about 12 DLI. She stretched a bit last night, and it finally got me to re-arrange the lights in the Vivosun Auto Oasis. I had both SE versions of the AeroLight (100w & 200w) in the tent. The SE doesn't allow for tunable spectrums. So, I switched out the 100w SE for the original 100w AeroLight set to seedling spectrum and put Buddy under it. I also straightened out the A200SE AeroWing for Shed ;)

Now, instead of a 200w @ 35% I have a 100w @ 25%. It's 15" away and giving Buddy about 17 DLI. That should keep her from stretching too much and save me a bit of money.

Thanks Carmen. I can't get a dry weight right away because everything has some moisture in it. I've found the dry weight is about 1/2 of the wet weight, though. And since I saturate when uppotting, it's easy to get the wet weight and just estimate the dry weight.
Ok, I've only now noted that you saturate when uppotting. Please can I ask you to explain how you do this and in what order. You've emphasized good water management in the early days for developing size. I know I have stunted plants from improper water management in the past and my watering technique has been a bit hit and miss. Thank you LKA.

Ok, I've only now noted that you saturate when uppotting. Please can I ask you to explain how you do this and in what order. You've emphasized good water management in the early days for developing size. I know I have stunted plants from improper water management in the past and my watering technique has been a bit hit and miss. Thank you LKA.
I always try to uppot when they are dry. Then I water thoroughly when I put them in the new pot to make sure the soils are joined together. For the 4" pot I start with a little spray bottle, then use a 30ml dropper to finish watering. Go slow and make sure it is absorbing the water, and keep going until runoff.
After that I wait until they are < 50% and give them 30ml around the edge. When they are < 25% I water thoroughly again. When they can drain the pot in 48 hours it's time for another uppot.

I always try to uppot when they are dry. Then I water thoroughly when I put them in the new pot to make sure the soils are joined together. For the 4" pot I start with a little spray bottle, then use a 30ml dropper to finish watering. Go slow and make sure it is absorbing the water, and keep going until runoff.
After that I wait until they are < 50% and give them 30ml around the edge. When they are < 25% I water thoroughly again. When they can drain the pot in 48 hours it's time for another uppot.
Thanks a ton! Gonna try this.

Edit: wait, hang on, when you refer to the percentages, is that pot weight you are referring to? Also, you start yours in peat pucks is that right?

Thanks a ton! Gonna try this.

Edit: wait, hang on, when you refer to the percentages, is that pot weight you are referring to? Also, you start yours in peat pucks is that right?
If a full pot weighs 300g, the empty will weigh around 150g. When it gets below 50% wet (around 225g) I'll water 30ml around the edges. When it gets below 25% wet (below 200g) I'll water fully.

I start in hydroponic plugs, like rapid rooters. They are compressed peat so they don't fall apart.

Back
Top Bottom