LKABudMan And The Vivosun Auto Oasis - Sponsored By VIVOSUN

The Vivosun Auto Oasis
Featuring the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System
Sponsored by VIVOSUN and Herbies US Express

Welcome back to the Vivosun Auto Oasis, a VIVOSUN 32x60x80 tent equipped with the Vivosun SGS.

Vivosun GrowHub 42A ** Currently set to -Vegetative- Mode
  • Vivosun AeroLight - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
    • 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Seedling, Intensity:50%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES (24" - 22 DLI)
  • Circulation Fan
    • 00:00-24:00 - Speed 1/10
  • AeroWave E6 oscillating grow tent fan - Oscillating using Circulation Fan settings above
  • AeroZesh - 4" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
    • 00:00-04:00 High 70% RH, Speed 5, default off
    • 04:00-24:00 High 82F / 75% RH, Speed 3, default off
Vivosun AeroLight A200SE with GrowHub E25 ** Currently set to -Vegetative- 50%
** All controlled on my smartphone through the VIVOSUN App (wi-fi)

Other Equipment:
Vivosun Air Circulator Fan with Remote - Oscillating horizontally and vertically on 'Natural Breeze' mode
Vivosun Humidifier set to 65% warm mist

Buddy (Blueberry Auto)
Date: 1/17/24 Day# 23
Medium: 5G SIP Bucket with FFHF & Dynomyco
Nutrients: 1/2c Geoflora veg (1/12/24 - Day# 18)​

Buddy was uppotted to the SIP five days ago. I've always said that uppotting them doesn't stunt them if done right, so I must have done something wrong ;) Since her uppot she hasn't grown much. Even worse she has developed brown spots on her leaves and her new growth is coming in yellow. I've followed my normal uppot procedure, with the exception of a 1/2" sand layer on top. I'm not sure what the problem is but she doesn't look happy.

I checked the DLI and she was at about 25 DLI. Then, I remembered to close the tent flap around my arm and the DLI went up 5 to 30 DLI. So, I raised the light a bit to lower her DLI and see if I can get her back on track. Other than that, I'm hoping the GeoFlora I put in there will take care of her shortly.

I could probably get some clippers under that fifth node today but I'm going to wait. I'm not sure how long before she takes off again and I'm thinking about leaving her uncut. I've never grown an auto that was not topped and I'm somewhat curious. We'll see how she does in the next week or so.

#VIVOSUN #SmartGrowSystem #LoveWhatYouGrow

The Vivosun Auto Oasis *ANNEX*

Welcome back to the Vivosun Auto Oasis *ANNEX*, a VIVOSUN 48x48x80 tent equipped with the Vivosun Smart Grow System (SGS).

VIVOSUN GrowHub 42A ** Currently set to -Seedling- Mode
  • VSF6450
    • 22:00-04:00 OFF
    • 04:00-22:00 Spectrum:Flowering, Intensity:40%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES (34-36 DLI)
  • AeroWave E6 oscillating grow tent fan - Oscillating
    • 22:00-24:00 - Speed 5/10
    • 04:00-22:00 - Natural wind
  • AeroZesh T4 - 4" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
    • 00:00-04:00 High 52% RH, Speed 10, default off
    • 04:00-24:00 High 82F / 62% RH, Speed 10, default off
Other Equipment:
- 8" floor fan
- Oscillating tower fan

Gaby (Herbies Seeds Gorilla Glue #4 Auto)
Date: 1/17/24 Day# 79 (Flower day# 53)
Nutrients: MC Blend (5MC+1.5SC+.5MgS=119N-70P-247K-114Ca-60Mg-87S)​

So, I obviously cut Gaby's nutrients too much. She was showing leaf tip burn, so I diluted her nutes for a couple of days, then cut her nutrients back considerably. I was thinking that cutting the DLI at the same time would keep her balanced, but I was way off.

I went from: MC Blend (5.5MC+1SC+.5MgS = 131N-64P-232K-124Ca-61Mg-83S)
to: MC Blend (4.5MC+1SC+.5MgS = 106N-56P-202K-104Ca-53Mg-74S)

I should have only cut the MC by .5, or increased the SC a bit. I mixed up 3G of fresh nutrients for her today. I increased the K back to 250 to make sure she's getting enough.

New MC Blend - (5MC+1.5SC+.5MgS=119N-70P-247K-114Ca-60Mg-87S)

Too much? I guess I'll find out. Either way, she's finishing up nicely. I check a lower nug today and it was really dense. Her buds feel almost greasy she's so coated. And the smell is getting stronger, very weedy. I'm still bummed that I didn't keep her green to the end, but I'm also really happy with how much bud is in that tent :)

Welcome back to the Vivosun Auto Oasis *ANNEX*, a VIVOSUN 48x48x80 tent equipped with the Vivosun Smart Grow System (SGS).

• VSF6450
    • 04:00-22:00 Spectrum:Flowering, Intensity:40%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES (34-36 DLI)
  • AeroZesh T4 - 4" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
Other Equipment:
- 8" floor fan
- Oscillating tower fan

Date: 1/19/24 Day# 81 (Flower day# 55)
Nutrients: MC Blend (5MC+1.5SC+.5MgS=119N-70P-247K-114Ca-60Mg-87S)​

Gaby is drinking again. Not as much as she once was, but she doesn't have as many leaves now either ;( I'm happy as long as she's drinking and getting in some nutrients.
Gaby Tracker.png
I picked a bunch of dead leaves off her today. She still has some green on her, but not nearly as much as before. It does help show off her buds, though, which are still getting fatter and frostier. She looks like she still has a week or two to go, with plenty of white pistils still left to mature. That's OK, though, she can take all the time she needs :)

:yahoo:

That oughta carry you through harvest!
Thanks Shed, that's what I'm hoping too. There's plenty of bud in there now, but I'm still hoping for a nice swell :)

The Vivosun Auto Oasis

Welcome back to the Vivosun Auto Oasis, a VIVOSUN 32x60x80 tent equipped with the Vivosun SGS.

• Vivosun AeroLight - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
    • 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Seedling, Intensity:50%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES (24" - 22 DLI)
  • Circulation Fan
  • AeroWave E6 oscillating grow tent fan - Oscillating using Circulation Fan settings above
  • AeroZesh - 4" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub

Other Equipment:
Vivosun Air Circulator Fan with Remote - Oscillating horizontally and vertically on 'Natural Breeze' mode

Buddy (Blueberry Auto)
Date: 1/22/24 Day# 28

Well, I've heard of stunted autos but have never had one until now. Buddy went into her SIP bucket and has had a rough time since then. I'm not sure what could have happened, but my best guesses are:

1. I forgot to top water until after I had added the garden fabric+sand+rocks. It's possible that she didn't get enough water in the middle and the rootball didn't get integrated well into the new soil.

2. It's possible she just got a 'hot spot', maybe a spot of nutrients that wasn't mixed well enough.

3. The RH has been really low in there, down below 40%. Did this bring the VPD too high and cause her to drink too much?

I'm not sure what's bothering her, but there isn't much I can do about it now. I guess I could dig her up and re-plant her, but I'm not. Instead, I filled her SIP res with water and put a small humidifier in the tent. Will she work her way out of this funk before she starts flowering? I guess I'll find out.

A while back (as I recall), you had a troubled auto that I may or may not have recommended trashing and starting over. Regardless of what I may or may not have said, you ended up with a very nice plant/harvest off of that one, so I would say :nomo: .
That Gelato was fed a bit early and took some time to adjust. She's still one of my favorites, though, when you open the bag you can smell her across the room :yummy:

I'll keep this one for sure. I mean, I'm not topping or training and only need to add water every few days so why not ;) I'm interested to see if she turns a corner.

I do think plants are like people. Some are determined to ruin their own future, despite the love, care and time you give them.

Good luck with her.
Thanks Trala. Hopefully she'll get some roots going and decide to take off soon. If not, she is what she is ;)

• VSF6450
Other Equipment:
- 8" floor fan
- Oscillating tower fan

Date: 1/25/24 Day# 87 (Flower day# 61)
Nutrients: MC Blend (4MC+2SC+.5MgS=95N-71P-247K-94Ca-55Mg-85S)​

Gaby is still drinking pretty well, averaging 2.5 liters/day. I mixed up 4 gallons of what I'm sure will be her last nutrients today. I lowered the MC and raised the SC to keep the K about the same while lowering everything else. When she's done with this batch of nutrients it'll be plain water for her.
Gaby Tracker.png
I've picked the dead leaves off her a couple of times. There are fewer each day now, but there are fewer leaves overall as well. She's really done a lot of our trimming work for us ;) In the process, she went from lush and green to brown and ugly. Now, with most of those dead leaves gone, she's gone back to her gorgeous self :)

Her buds are swelling nicely. They're rock-hard and sticky, almost greasy. The smell is increasing daily. I think she has another week or so to go but she's starting to show all the signs of ripening.

You've got quite a few "fatties" there BudMan! .

They must have been unable to pull away from the dinner table. :Rasta:

You've got quite a few "fatties" there BudMan! .

They must have been unable to pull away from the dinner table. :Rasta:
Thanks GDB. The fattest is in the back-right corner and I can't get a good picture of it. It's huge, though. Over 3.5" wide!

That GG is a beast! Her colas look amazing too!
Thanks Tim, and yes she is. Her buds are rock-hard, too. I'll go out on a limb here and say she'll be over 1lb dried :)

Thanks Tim, and yes she is. Her buds are rock-hard, too. I'll go out on a limb here and say she'll be over 1lb dried :)
Niiiice!!! It's like you have this down to a science with charts, data and cool toys :)

That went from lush and green to fat and frosty. A pound out of the Annex wouldn't surprise anyone around here! And it still doesn't look like it needs the net. 💪
Thanks Shed. I checked today, and the limbs still seem to be standing by themselves. Give them a week, though, especially those big ones.

The Vivosun Auto Oasis

• Circulation Fan

Other Equipment:

Buddy (Blueberry Auto)
Date: 1/22/24 Day# 28

Well, I've heard of stunted autos but have never had one until now. Buddy went into her SIP bucket and has had a rough time since then. I'm not sure what could have happened, but my best guesses are:

1. I forgot to top water until after I had added the garden fabric+sand+rocks. It's possible that she didn't get enough water in the middle and the rootball didn't get integrated well into the new soil.

2. It's possible she just got a 'hot spot', maybe a spot of nutrients that wasn't mixed well enough.

3. The RH has been really low in there, down below 40%. Did this bring the VPD too high and cause her to drink too much?

I'm not sure what's bothering her, but there isn't much I can do about it now. I guess I could dig her up and re-plant her, but I'm not. Instead, I filled her SIP res with water and put a small humidifier in the tent. Will she work her way out of this funk before she starts flowering? I guess I'll find out.

No worries that the sand layer may choke off the oxygen to the plant?

No worries that the sand layer may choke off the oxygen to the plant?
I never considered it. The SIP has an air gap for the roots, but not till they get down there.

Back
Top Bottom