Maine 4-Season Greenhouse Grow

Lmao. Yeah they suck... Hard to deal with...
With our recent tent caterpillar invasion no one even suggested a plan of attack...they just sheltered in place and waited for them to die off after they ate all the leaves. We actually had DOT put a big blinking sign down the road from us "Next 2 Miles Slippery Road Conditions"...that was mashed caterpillars mixed with rain...cars were wrecking,...can't make that shit up.

It all sounds like a nightmare! As a comparison, I smacked a skeeter here last night. Not much happening on the bug apocalypse here, thankfully! Your girls are looking great! I'm glad the caterpillars don't have the same love for cannabis as we do! I'm loving the pics. It's a fun grow to watch!

It all sounds like a nightmare! As a comparison, I smacked a skeeter here last night. Not much happening on the bug apocalypse here, thankfully! Your girls are looking great! I'm glad the caterpillars don't have the same love for cannabis as we do! I'm loving the pics. It's a fun grow to watch!
Well, I am glad I have the girls in a GH...they would be overwhelmed by the sheer weight of the caterpillars...their simple DNA just makes them seek height and then eat....I don't think they even like poplar, but they all cornered themselves up the trees so they eat regardless.

With our recent tent caterpillar invasion no one even suggested a plan of attack...they just sheltered in place and waited for them to die off after they ate all the leaves. We actually had DOT put a big blinking sign down the road from us "Next 2 Miles Slippery Road Conditions"...that was mashed caterpillars mixed with rain...cars were wrecking,...can't make that shit up.
Thats freaky , i guess the birds are even scared !!

Thats freaky , i guess the birds are even scared !!
Glad the birds don't like them because that would just add tons of bird shit to the mess..and they would never make a meaningful dent....

Cheese And Cream?!?

there's already some monsters there, that one with the reference bucket - hahahahahahhaaha I'd be afraid of how big that's going to be! What dates do they start flowering where you are?

Just prune them some. Keep them where you want them
I am doing that...just topped the Carnival this week by choosing off 2x 16" stalks....the diameter of the cutting was thicker than a pencil...it was a little unnerving!

bamboo trellis and netting!!!! Let them trees grow my friend;)
I am super pleased so far with the tomato cages...not sure why more people don't use them, even in tents. So easy to train by either pulling stalks out at certain levels or tying pipe cleaners at multiple heights...

I can see how easily you could add a second trellis beyond the first trellis...and maybe even another. Issue become how do you fit 10x plants @ 5' wide in a 24' GH? (A: you stagger them...)

Thanks for tomato cage tip, I'm picking a few up this wknd.

Thanks for tomato cage tip, I'm picking a few up this wknd.
For outdoor grows, buy the heaviest duty ones you can find...they last much longer and will actually provide support.

For indoor you can get away with the regular gauge ones. I used one of these for an XXL Cheese auto (in a 10-gallon) because they said the buds will get heavy and needed support. To lower the tomato cage (I don't expect the auto to grow 4'!) I bent the "feet" of the tomato cage in half and then when I inserted it in the soil the lowest ring was touching the soil. This allows me to (hopefully) use the wider upper portion for the shorter height plant.

Back
Top Bottom