Mars Hydro Grow Journal SP 3000: Blue Kush, RDWC, ScrOG

Your p.h. should naturally rise in the dark and fall back once the lights spark the metabolism.
May be cation anion ratio is off. Sounds like to much ca or nitrate n.
Hey @Dusty Kiefers :passitleft: Thanks for stopping by.

I totally agree, general fluctuations are normal. The thing that made me suspicious though, was that as well as the PH dropping, the EC had been rising, which suggested that the nutrient strength was on the strong side. Also, prior to the bump, there was a long period of stability at 410ppm.

You're bang on the money though, excessive cation over anion = PH decrease too. It could be N as you say. This strain seems to burn through N like no tomorrow.

This being said though, I was very pleasantly surprised to see that the readings this morning were a little more stable, will post an update shortly.

I love having so many great growers such as yourself following this journal, it's extremely reassuring :high-five: I learn so much, and it's like lots of second sets of eyes, to make sure I don't do anything silly :rofl: Thank you again, all of you! I've really enjoyed this journal so far. I'll name a cola after each of you!

A question for you actually Dusty (and any other DWC growers for that matter) - Do you try to force your nutrient strength up, and adjust until the plants get used to it? I usually just let them drive and respond accordingly, maybe I'm not aggressive enough with my feeding.

Day 26 Flower​

So after my late night/early morning adjustment, the readings this morning first thing:

PPM : 450
PH : 5.8

A very minor rise in EC and a slight drop in PH. But they've been sitting pretty stable here for the last few hours, so they might have adjusted to the change and have now settled. I'll keep an eye on it.

Here they are today, Day 26:

And of course, Audrey :love:

We have to let them drive. That being said we are the reason they are growing. I start pushing early in veg. She what they can handle. Then play push and purge by lowering ppms by atleast 200every two weeks, and they seem to be able to feed heavy every time.
I like it Dusty. Push and Purge - I've not come across this before. Do you just lower the ppm by 200 for a few days and then bump it back up higher than it was before?

Audrey 2 Update​

So it looks like Audrey 2 is beginning reveg

I moved her to Coco a couple of days ago after she established a strong root system in the Eazy Block (my new favourite things - right up there with cake). And she's growing quickly. No shock whatsoever going from block to coco. I'll be taking snaps of her every day to see the change. I might even see if i can setup some sort of time lapse with a raspberry pi i have lying around. No promises though - these ladies keep me busy enough :laughtwo:

Either way this is going to be fun :green_heart:

Audrey 2 Update​

So it looks like Audrey 2 is beginning reveg

I moved her to Coco a couple of days ago after she established a strong root system in the Eazy Block (my new favourite things - right up there with cake). And she's growing quickly. No shock whatsoever going from block to coco. I'll be taking snaps of her every day to see the change. I might even see if i can setup some sort of time lapse with a raspberry pi i have lying around. No promises though - these ladies keep me busy enough :laughtwo:

Either way this is going to be fun :green_heart:
Hey, I saw what you've been saying about those blocks...are they available to the public or? I only found an inquiries page when I googled.

Edit: Ooooo.....just found them....what a cool idea

Hey, I saw what you've been saying about those blocks...are they available to the public or? I only found an inquiries page when I googled.
Hey @copperrein. I found them from an online hydro store here in the UK. However if you're in the states or Canada @Bill284 might be able to offer some advice on where to get them.

I got some of the Eazy Plugs and the Eazy Blocks. They have an Eazy Pyramid too that looks really cool that i wouldn't mind trying some time too, but more as a one off.

Day 27 Flower​

The readings this morning:

EC : 0.9
PPM : 440
PH : 5.9

:slide:

PPM are down and PH is up. Happy days. It seems the ladies have settled on ~450. I'm going to top up with a solution of that strength later today as the system is running low.

And here they are:

And Audrey :love:

Have a great Sunday everyone :peace:
They look amazing G.G. :thumb:

That would be awesome Tok! Thank you. Yes please do! This will give me some time to finish up what I’ve got going on. Perfect!

Same strain is a great idea too! I will make sure I don’t drop any seeds until then.
I think it would be fun, if a couple of growers grew the same strains and compare results of what we could of done better. The only thing is after this grow it might not be until August/September time frame. I try not to do indoor grows when the kids are out playing.

Your ladies are looking nice and health.
You are doing a fantastic job using rain water.

Tok..

I think it would be fun, if a couple of growers grew the same strains and compare results of what we could of done better.
Count me in :thumb:
The only thing is after this grow it might not be until August/September time frame.
That's fine, that works for me. It's good to know in advance actually so I can make sure I have space etc.

Let me know if you have any strains you would like to grow, or if you have a favourite that you like to grow. Maybe if we decide strain early I will make sure I have the seeds. There are some crazy delays here at the moment. Getting seeds from abroad is taking ages.
Your ladies are looking nice and health.
You are doing a fantastic job using rain water.
Thank you Tok. I've been looking at installing some sort of RO system for the summer when I could run out of rain water. A few people have been surprised I'm using rain water, I'm starting to feel lucky that I haven't had issues. It's just a far better option than my tap water, which is ~0.6ec/300ppm.

Audrey 2 Update​

Not much change to be honest, but looking nice and healthy and the coco is drying out quicker now so she's firmly established outside of the blocks in the coco already. I'll probably post another update when something weird happens.

I'm eagerly awaiting some weird frankensteinish growth. Ideally, I open the veg tent one day and she's eaten the other clones, but that's a bit unlikely. Anyway, here she is:

Audrey 2 Update​

Not much change to be honest, but looking nice and healthy and the coco is drying out quicker now so she's firmly established outside of the blocks in the coco already. I'll probably post another update when something weird happens.

I'm eagerly awaiting some weird frankensteinish growth. Ideally, I open the veg tent one day and she's eaten the other clones, but that's a bit unlikely. Anyway, here she is:

Thats what a perfect clone looks like :thumb:

Day 27 Flower continued...​

The readings after lights out:

EC : 0.9
PPM : 440
PH : 5.9

Exactly the same as they were this morning. I saw both the PPM and PH readings floating around throughout the day but not by much.

Good night all :peace:

Back
Top Bottom