New City Grower 3.5 - Our Perpetual Grow - Continued

Re: NEW CITY GROWER 3.5 Our Perpetual Grow... Continued

Present and accounted for:).......Hey Reg....question for you......with your sprite 2 liters.....do you ever have any algae growing in them.....one of my clear hempy bottles i didnt duck tape started.....i have now put duck tape on the two clear ones........the green ones seem to be fine.....just wondering your experience with the green ones?:)

.....Hey Reg....question for you......with your sprite 2 liters.....do you ever have any algae growing in them.....one of my clear hempy bottles i didnt duck tape started.....i have now put duck tape on the two clear ones........the green ones seem to be fine.....just wondering your experience with the green ones?:)
I've noticed that with the Sprite bottles you have to duct tape the bottom half just like you do the clear bottles. The green tint on them isn't as dark as say the Mountain Dew or Gingerale. Also the label on the Sprite bottles don't come down as far. I don't think I let one go long enough to get algae because once I didn't see roots forming around the bottom edge I covered it like you & I both do with the Pepsi & Coke bottles. Do you put small air holes around the pot so the lower medium can breathe?
Come to think of it Dirty, would algae be a good source of nutrition for the roots? I think I'll ask SoulGirl about that.

Subbed :) how many threads now lol? :)
Hello Professor Flux. There's still only two active threads. 2.0 was completed after chopping the last 2 plants from the grow prior to our Perpetual Grow.
This & 3.0 are the Journals in Progress...

This one's for you Dirty...

AFGHAN KUSH (Auto)

IMG_00006651.jpg

IMG_00006656.jpg

Now here's a look at the different germination techniques we were trying with bagseeds after tap-rooting: It's been 3 days since the beans were buried.

The Rockwool cube sprouted in 1 day while the Rapid Rooter peeked on the 2nd day but hasn't sprouted.

IMG_00006623.jpg

The SIP (Sub Irrigation Planter) with 75/25% Perlite/LI Grower's Mix sprouted today which means it took 3 days.

IMG_00006646.jpg

IMG_00006645.jpg

And the last one was placed in our perlite/vermiculite/peat-moss starter medium & is still a no show.

IMG_00006483.jpg

From where I'm sitting the Rockwool cubes seems to be the most effective method. We'll do a couple more rounds with more bagseeds before making a final decision.

Interesting experiment Reg.

I've noticed that with the Sprite bottles you have to duct tape the bottom half just like you do the clear bottles. The green tint on them isn't as dark as say the Mountain Dew or Gingerale. Also the label on the Sprite bottles don't come down as far. I don't think I let one go long enough to get algae because once I didn't see roots forming around the bottom edge I covered it like you & I both do with the Pepsi & Coke bottles. Do you put small air holes around the pot so the lower medium can breathe?
Come to think of it Dirty, would algae be a good source of nutrition for the roots? I think I'll ask SoulGirl about that.

I believe that a fast growing algae would compete for the nutrients in your mediums against your cannabis plants. I have previously kept algae as a food source for young fish that bred when I kept aquariums for more then 20 years.

https://en.wikipedia.org Algae

Here's a topic I think would be great to discuss. What are some ways to create a tight stack of buds like this one (not ours)

IMG_0636202.JPG

As opposed to a stretchy stack of buds on a stick.

IMG_00006133.jpg

Not that I was trying to Fifi but my older cousin told me a long time ago that if you keep the girls laughing & smiling you're half way there. He was right. What's your advice on tight bud spacing? You always have them bunched on top of one another.

I thought I would let you guys know that I heard from Cannafan a bit ago and she is doing alright.... She is working hard to try and hang on until she gets everything worked out to her liking but says she will be back around as soon as possible and that life has just gotten in the way for a bit....:circle-of-love:

:bravo::slide::slide::slide::slide::bravo:

I can't wait! That's my Partner...

I thought I would let you guys know that I heard from Cannafan a bit ago and she is doing alright.... She is working hard to try and hang on until she gets everything worked out to her liking but says she will be back around as soon as possible and that life has just gotten in the way for a bit....:circle-of-love:
:thanks: Dennise. Tell her she is missed around these parts. :circle-of-love:

I think a lot of it is strain related and honestly... I think the new light is going to answer that question for you..:high-five:...:circle-of-love:

Yeah, what she said. :cheesygrinsmiley: Bathing them in light helps, but they have to want to grow like that.

Yep, I agree, it's strain related. You can help keep the node spacing tight during veg by opening the new growth but once in flower the bud formation is strain related, although a good light will improve size/density :)

Great to hear cannafan is doing ok, tell her she's missed :circle-of-love:

Come to think of it Dirty, would algae be a good source of nutrition for the roots? I think I'll ask SoulGirl about that...

Good deal Reg....i will tape up the sprite bottles then....thank you .......i am running 2 liter hempys with straight perlite......i have one hole drilled about 2 inches from bottom for a drain and internal resevoir:)......being i am not organic i dont think any algae is welcome for mine:)lol.......great update as well Reg......that Aghan auto is looking very happy you two.....great job guys;)....makes my heart feel all warm and fuzzy:):circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom