Nick Hardy & Co Graduation: Coco Co2 High EC: Grown in Thailand: Perpetual

Been watching loads of CannaCribs on Youtube. Dunno its OK to post the links?

@Teddy Edwards ?

Anyway:
Missouris Biggest Farm - 17 minutes for @Jon
Oakfruitland just cool
Stiizy is pretty cool

Loads of stuff we do and products we use. Maybe we’re on the right path!

Nick
Yep, we've relaxed our Guidelines and links to YT (ie you don't have to embed) are fine now.

However, I've got to say that if they are promoting a non-sponsor LED or seed bank, then we can't permit it. Sorry, but we have to protect our paying sponsors who keep the wheels turning.

Otherwise - carry on, Sir!

Yep, we've relaxed our Guidelines and links to YT (ie you don't have to embed) are fine now.

However, I've got to say that if they are promoting a non-sponsor LED or seed bank, then we can't permit it. Sorry, but we have to protect our paying sponsors who keep the wheels turning.

Otherwise - carry on, Sir!
Yeah nah they review massive commercial grow rooms. Not vendor specific at all.

IMG_7474.jpeg

So the batch for this grow are in dirt. Seem to have lost at least three covers (we did stock take as have another 12 in paper and bags to put here tomorrow)

The covers we only keep on a day.

All the Serious and Barneys fine, LDO….

Only 2/4 the Seed Genetics are alive. Put them all in the potting soil anyway.

1ml/l Cal Mag added in.

Love when they get leaves in the bag as many these have.

They’re very pale, almost white leaves but they’ll green up in the next 24 hours with light and nutrients.

IMG_7476.jpeg
IMG_7477.jpeg

Just another Saturday...

Somebody's pullin' me close to the ground. I can sense, but I can't see. I ain't panicked, I been here before.[Carlito's Way]

We're running close, big old girl right in front of me fell over this morning, spun her around and leaned her in to the girl behind.

It looks seriously so so amazing and reeks of weed which we haven't always had. We have enough to feed them 100 litres a day for another 3 days. I'm not sure I can get more A/B Dutch Pro before then. So for the first time ever, ever - we gonna flush. But Ph'd to 5.8 and just 1ml Cal Mag. Otherwise - eat yourselves! This time next week, if not before we'll be harvesting some, and we'll be droughting any that are left their last week. See what happens - really not sure of the mechanics of trimming - have my mother in law and the step kids future mother in law in the house so the step daughter is now in the trim/dry/cure room

Its a bit crazy. I just stay upstairs!

EDIT: Outdoor grow banging - Neemed her today though. Red Mimosa XL Auto - I think she might have flipped. Gonna be tiny. Whatever!

Looking stunning didn't realise that grow room you built was upstairs i thought it was in the garage 😊
Two and as of tomorrow, three tents downstairs. Do a video of it when all done.

There’s a riser that runs the electrics and Co2 down to up and then water pipe out the side the house to feed the nutes. Its pretty fancy.

IMG_7487.jpeg

What to do with a coupla Purple Punch and a Persian Pie (whatever that might be!) thinking we’ll just pop every purchased seed and run ‘em all out in the veg tent. Maybe with some seeds we made ourselves. All in solos. See what we get. That would probably be about 48 plants in there 😂

I mean i got 40 seedlings and 30 clones now, what’s it really mean to add another 48 🤣 (oh and 21 in flower that would be about 142 plants)

Crazy. I don’t think our first tent even arrived until November last year 😂

Oh yeah - have 6 Bruce Banners - got a smorgasbord of quality strains in the safe. Just grow them all out. “Everything must go”

IMG_7526.jpeg

Culling all these - think & Co is trying to find homes for them but just told me “babe you asked me to do it, I understand but don’t watch, I know you going to be sad”

We need a clean slate on the white fly. Only way.

They are/were clones and mothers for this grow - the main grow, not my dilettante play around tent grows and we have decided we’re just happier growing from seed each time.

We lost a CBD Warlock (culled went fuzzy white) and a Mim x OP - there’s a real slow coach Ayuhuasca Purple too.

Shoulda bought a new sack of potting soil truth be told. On me not the breeders. @Barney's Farm and Serious Seeds so so reliable. The others - Purple Punch maybe gonna get a a couple from Seeds Genetics. I really only want the Nicole Kush 2.0 though! Honestly! You claim a kilo per sqm light we are uniquely well positioned to test that claim! Sometimes I feel like the indicas like it a little drier so maybe they’re waiting a little to dry up - but about to throw two Barney’s Purple Punch in that were serendipitously delivered yesterday - two days late 🤣

The sparky is inbound, the whole grow “facility” downstairs - look my wife is her PJ’s and a a pair of black rubber boots with Karcher power spray in hand directing a bunch of Thai people to bend the world to our will.

Stay upstairs honey!

Copy that!
IMG_7528.jpeg

Repost out the Dissertation grow - belongs here more, though.

This our downstairs operation. Nearly done. Watch close you'll see my sparky and hear us laugh - its a longer video that normal because the song is special to me. And appropriate for this, on this day.

The seedling tray I nearly killed myself via electrocution on. Insta karma for killing the snake 5 minutes before. :(

The tray for the 5x5 the lad is gonna finish cutting and add nice blue car door protector rubber like the small solo pot tray is red.

The 8x4 with the @Mars Hydro FCE4800 lights (all the tents are Mars Hydro - one of the many sponsors here)

The 4x4 You got the tiny 320w NONAME brand light for the Canuk Grow (I'll probably buy another light though - I know myself too well!) and the 16oz Solo pallet.

There is also the new beautiful purple light. People who have read know where its from. Like the Dutch Pro nutes we ain't sponsored nor get any discounts. Its just what we use.

There's the 200L tank and the 100L tank - the irrigation system is getting a pipe change to Netafim pipe, that standard garden pipe with drippers isn't for us. We're using collars this go, like upstairs.

There's the pump maybe, shoulda zoomed on but that's a dark dank place! The blue button to switch it on. Yet another Green Wet/Dry Vacuum! We have three last count. Necessary to try and control Rh

The riser feeds the Co2 upstairs (growing mushrooms accidentally) inside, its next to the upstairs C02 tank which is on because before 8PM - the custom electrics, driver shelf and stuff. There's a home office multi plug on the floor and an Alexa on the tank just for the purposes this video I could get out of Sparkies sight! I know doesn't look safe!

Blue pipe goes upstairs and everywhere to feed the nutes where we direct it.

That's our farm.

I designed it all - like my life. Did a fuck ton of the work too, though too be fair not as much as & Co did today - those are her tiny little black wellington boots in the video 😆 Watching her in her PJ's and those organising all this - hehe - fun times. She took her Mum fishing after.

Nick & Co - (the family, the sparky all those that made this frankly awesome setup possible within a year - which includes a lot of people reading these words, love is the way)

IMG_7549.jpeg

Bit worried the overnight Co2 PPM - maybe its cause I lowered the intake

Local Thai weatherman: "The barometric pressure is dropping, so it's either a storm front or Nick is at it again!"
Who wants meatballs for dinner? My next project is making them rain down - no one ever thought of that, eh?

🤣

But check the dewpoint and temp and really! Call me Loki 😂

Boom - those numbers (the PPFD is a canard, check the date) The Rh doesn’t bother me because many fans. The temp that low to bring out the colours is what I really really wanted.

IMG_7553.jpeg

Two of the tents are live. The baby 320 and the 2x Mars Hydro FCE4800’s

The purple coloured light has interestingly two cables, one for each bank (side) we don’t like connectors here. So I’m going to go buy some 6 core cable tomorrow to do the job properly - meaning the most safely.

I mean -

a) don’t rush anything at the risk of safety, ever.

b) It pains me to wait 🤣

Anyway, me, my sparky and my 16 year old’s boyfriend? We’re watching the Manchester derby together. Like the family we are.

Feels like it was a good day of growing fun.

Week #7 of flower begins tomorrow.

Honestly. Reckon we could harvest the lot now. & Co got the con on that.

Nick & Co

uh oh, my youngest daughter’s school emailed earlier they got told there’s a power cut tomorrow.

They’re on the next street along, about 50m as the crow flies., see it from out bedroom window.

We’ve looked into it, called and stuff and the main office says no.

We can book a generator, be about $200 the day. But we’re not. We’re this close, we have a plan involving a car battery and a 200w light and opening the door. But, but, last time we did it they took each phase down one by one. Always leaving two up.

We have 3. Think we’ll be OK. But we just harvest early. We had a chat about it earlier. & Co reckons they need 1-2 weeks on her eyes (she doesn’t really know the indicated dates, this is just her natural instinct, growing up growing food in the literal Thai jungle and I guess all our other grows)

But we agreed, we feel the heat around the corner we can harvest any day. Its just gonna be a little less than perfect.

Really want this perfect. Last grow phase in this journal ever.

See how it rolls out tomorrow.

IMG_7569.jpeg

Yeah really is no power. So no light 🥲

Hot as hell today and no breeze which is really weird. We live just 500m from the sea in 3 directions too. Urgh…

Gonna get another one of these, battery powered emergency spots for power cuts. Put it in the room for next time but - need it on a timer I guess. Sometimes we get 5 minute cuts in the night and so don’t want it coming on then. Any ideas, say Mr Absorber?

IMG_7570.jpeg

IMG_7569.jpeg

Yeah really is no power. So no light 🥲

Hot as hell today and no breeze which is really weird. We live just 500m from the sea in 3 directions too. Urgh…

Gonna get another one of these, battery powered emergency spots for power cuts. Put it in the room for next time but - need it on a timer I guess. Sometimes we get 5 minute cuts in the night and so don’t want it coming on then. Any ideas, say Mr Absorber?

IMG_7570.jpeg
If you are going to keep growing you'd be better off installing an off grid battery big enough to run shit for a day with an inverter .

Its annoying, like Carmen knows better than anyone! If they told us then I’f have got a genny. All the electricity pylons and cables were redone within the last year. There’s no supply issue - just a delivery issue. Dunno they installed it wrong or something. But back in 2005 I think when Cape Town first had rolling power outages they didn’t follow the schedules they published. It was a nightmare. Here they normally publish the day before. This one we heard the rumour. Called the electricity company and they said “No power cut” uh yeah there is. The work gang said they’ll be done in two hours from now.

My farmer buddy reckons this late they’ll be OK. Just watch them real carefully. Just need a few more days to firm them up. Difference between an 8/10 and a 9/10 grow. 10/10 - they’re too lanky for that. The room is too small for that many plants too.
The 5x5 though…. Ah you gotta have dreams!

Its annoying, like Carmen knows better than anyone! If they told us then I’f have got a genny. All the electricity pylons and cables were redone within the last year. There’s no supply issue - just a delivery issue. Dunno they installed it wrong or something. But back in 2005 I think when Cape Town first had rolling power outages they didn’t follow the schedules they published. It was a nightmare. Here they normally publish the day before. This one we heard the rumour. Called the electricity company and they said “No power cut” uh yeah there is. The work gang said they’ll be done in two hours from now.

My farmer buddy reckons this late they’ll be OK. Just watch them real carefully. Just need a few more days to firm them up. Difference between an 8/10 and a 9/10 grow. 10/10 - they’re too lanky for that. The room is too small for that many plants too.
The 5x5 though…. Ah you gotta have dreams!
Third world problems :rolleyes: Cyril stopped loadshedding for the World Cup and it's back now. He'll stop it again early next year just before the national elections. I think that Absorber is quite right about the big battery and inverter system. How often does it happen? I think it has happened twice in the year I've known you? I guess it all depends on whether your license allows you to grow if the law changes.

I have a quote for solar, its about $25-30k USD. But I think we’re gonna sell next year. Allegedly we’ve 3x on the house value in 2 and a bit years. In part because we bought from an architect/developer really needed cash for a 100+ apartment build and we paid cash and quick. But also property here has jumped massively, loads of Russians.

We’re south of the island and the international schools are more central/north for L next year or the year after. The west coast is expensive and saturated, traffic is horrible. So was looking at land on the east coast. About the only arable land on the island now. Saw a beachfront plot there in budget, like your own private beach, 10x bigger than we have now with plenty left over to spend on actually building the house. I can’t get any finance here or anywhere really! I only have a credit card because my ex put one in my name and I settle it. So we’d have to rent a year which is fine.

But if/when we build 100% we add solar. Its a bit dodgy here though. The setup is it spins your meter back during the day. At night when in theory you use more, everyone is home from school/work the AC is blasting all night it runs forwards but if you ever have a negative bill they put in a digital meter that won’t spin back. They’re running some trial of actually sending power back to the grid. I know two angry German guys tried and failed to get on it but they’re angry German guys. Reckon & Co would get us on it. The return on investment is about 3 years which is pretty good.

If its still legal - oh the grow building will be epic 😂. Only needs to be a concrete slap, some breeze blocks, steel strut roof and HVAC system. Picture mr now like Homer J drooling 🤣

But I’m not, I’m so hot. I’ve lived in hot places for 20 years. Cold I can’t do. Be interested to see what the weather station says when the power comes back on. My guess is 33c and 88% RH The tiniest breeze has just started.

I have a quote for solar, its about $25-30k USD. But I think we’re gonna sell next year. Allegedly we’ve 3x on the house value in 2 and a bit years. In part because we bought from an architect/developer really needed cash for a 100+ apartment build and we paid cash and quick. But also property here has jumped massively, loads of Russians.

We’re south of the island and the international schools are more central/north for L next year or the year after. The west coast is expensive and saturated, traffic is horrible. So was looking at land on the east coast. About the only arable land on the island now. Saw a beachfront plot there in budget, like your own private beach, 10x bigger than we have now with plenty left over to spend on actually building the house. I can’t get any finance here or anywhere really! I only have a credit card because my ex put one in my name and I settle it. So we’d have to rent a year which is fine.

But if/when we build 100% we add solar. Its a bit dodgy here though. The setup is it spins your meter back during the day. At night when in theory you use more, everyone is home from school/work the AC is blasting all night it runs forwards but if you ever have a negative bill they put in a digital meter that won’t spin back. They’re running some trial of actually sending power back to the grid. I know two angry German guys tried and failed to get on it but they’re angry German guys. Reckon & Co would get us on it. The return on investment is about 3 years which is pretty good.

If its still legal - oh the grow building will be epic 😂. Only needs to be a concrete slap, some breeze blocks, steel strut roof and HVAC system. Picture mr now like Homer J drooling 🤣

But I’m not, I’m so hot. I’ve lived in hot places for 20 years. Cold I can’t do. Be interested to see what the weather station says when the power comes back on. My guess is 33c and 88% RH The tiniest breeze has just started.
You could buy just the battery and inverter (no solar panels) to use now and when you move just take it with you

Back
Top Bottom