VG's Prescription For Success With Atreum Lighting, Weed Seeds Express & Prescription Blend

Greetings all.

Time to start the fall grow!
For this round,I'll be sticking with my two favorite sponsors @Atreum Lighting and @Weed Seeds Express.

I'd also like to welcome @Prescription Blend along for the ride.
I'm looking forward to seeing what their nute line can do for my medical garden.
I haven't used their system before but it looks pretty straightforward and from what I'm seeing it should work great with my 130 ppm medium-hard tap water. I shouldn't have to adjust the pH since I will be using All-purpose Pro Mix. There are plenty of buffers in the Pro Mix to take care of any pH issues.

The grow space I will be using consists of a 2x4 tent with a Hydrofarm extraction fan and filter combo,a small circulation fan and one big, beautiful Atreum ARA-41 480 watt diy kit with dimmer and Sosan driver.
I'll be using GeoPots once again. I have had some of these pots for a few years now and I can hardly tell the difference between the new and the older used ones. They clean up so nicely with a just a little bit of Oxyclean. I have been really pleased with their performance and will continue to use them until they fall apart. From the looks of it should be some time before that happens.
Choosing a strain from Weed Seeds Express is getting more and more difficult. They are constantly adding strains like Berner's Cookies, Tangie, Purple Urkle and Sweet Island Skunk.
I wanted something classic for this grow. Two iconic strains that I haven't had the pleasure of trying.
1631562507249.png

Bubba Kush feminized seeds

THC level20%
CBD level0.1%
Variety80% Indica / 20% Sativa
GeneticsAfghan x OG Kush
Max yield indoor600 to 800 grams/m²
Max yield outdoor800 to 1500 grams/m²
Height indoor70 to 120 cm
Height outdoor120 to 180 cm
Flowering time63 to 70 days
Fungal ResistanceMedium
GrowersprofileBeginner
CultivationIndoor, Outdoor, Greenhouse
ClimateTemperate, Mediterranean, Arid, Mountains
FlavorsEarthy, Kush, Sweet
EffectsCalming, Giggly, Happy, Lazy, Relaxed, Sleepy, Stoned
SOG suitableyes
SCROG suitableyes

1631562549941.png

Chemdawg feminized seeds​

THC level20%
CBD level0.1%
Variety40% Indica / 60% Sativa
GeneticsOG kush x Chemdawg 4
Max yield indoor400 to 500 grams/m²
Max yield outdoor700 to 1000 grams/m²
Height indoor70 to 125 cm
Height outdoor150 to 250 cm
Fungal ResistanceLow
GrowersprofileExpert
ClimateTemperate, Mediterranean, Arid
FlavorsCitrus, Earthy, Pine
EffectsCalming, Happy, Relaxed
SOG suitableyes
SCROG suitableyes
I see that the Chemdawg is considered to be a picky plant and I'll try to be undaunted by the word 'expert' in the grower's profile and just endeavor to do my best. The Bubba is supposed to be the Pre 98' version and looks to be much less finicky than the Chemdawg. I've long awaited the chance to grow both of these so I'm pretty excited.

I mentioned that I'll be using Prescription Blend for my nutrient system. Now,I haven't used this system prior to this grow but the feeding schedule looks pretty straightforward so I don't really foresee a bunch of issues popping up.

I am a bit late starting this journal. The plants are actually 18 days old already. I've been beyond busy with my family and haven't had enough downtime to collect my thoughts to write an intro. I also wasn't sure until very recently which nutrients that I was going to use.

I started these seeds in the last week of August. I was teaching my oldest son my sprouting and planting technique. I always soak my seeds in a bit of tap water with a drop or two of H2O2. I let them soak until they crack and then place them in Pro Mix. I've had great success since I started laying the seed on its side at planting. I feel that the root doesn't have to expend as much energy trying to right itself. Before I would plant tap root down but would come across some seedlings with corkscrewing roots or the tap would come out the top of the medium at times. I haven't had anything like this happen since I switched.
I planted the Bubba Kush and my son planted the Chemdawg. Turns out that this is the first cannabis seed that he has ever planted!! It was nice to share this with him.
Here they are at day #1. They both came up together.

At day #3...

And at day #10

I'll be back soon with a current update. I missed taking pics this morning so I'll grab some this evening after lights come back on.

I appreciate y'all coming and hope that you'll stick around to see the outcome.
:peace: :love: :yummy:

:ciao: and :love: and FIRST!

They look like they're having a great start to life, and I certainly don't think you should be intimidated by the word "expert" in the description. You can handle whatever a finicky plant will throw at you.
Highya Sheddy.
With time I feel like I can figure out most issues. While my environmental controls aren't exactly where I'd like them to be I do I think it's easier to tune them in during the fall and winter vs the summer.
I'm actually thinking about taking summers off from growing because it gets so cool in my room. Maybe I should just grow purple strains or heavy indicas during that time? Still kicking around that idea.

Could you just turn the a/c down? Or is it cool outside and you don't want to turn the heat on? :hmmmm:
We have window units on either end of the house and circulation fans to move it around even more.
Both units need to be on high to cool this place down in the summer. One has to be in my room because of the types of windows we have. No way to work around this other than getting a $3000 central air unit.
Winter is much easier. I can block my registers and open windows for a quick cool down.

I'm in!
This time, I'm gonna do my best to follow along...
I see that the Chemdawg is considered to be a picky plant and I'll try to be undaunted by the word 'expert' in the grower's profile
Hey, if I can grow a Chemdawg, anyone can grow a Chemdawg... :oops:
Actually, it was super easy to grow, and a good yielder...the 2 plants I grew with it (Dr S CBD) both had pm problems, but not a speck of it on the Chemdawg...

Greetings all.

Time to start the fall grow!
For this round,I'll be sticking with my two favorite sponsors @Atreum Lighting and @Weed Seeds Express.

I'd also like to welcome @Prescription Blend along for the ride.
I'm looking forward to seeing what their nute line can do for my medical garden.
I haven't used their system before but it looks pretty straightforward and from what I'm seeing it should work great with my 130 ppm medium-hard tap water. I shouldn't have to adjust the pH since I will be using All-purpose Pro Mix. There are plenty of buffers in the Pro Mix to take care of any pH issues.

The grow space I will be using consists of a 2x4 tent with a Hydrofarm extraction fan and filter combo,a small circulation fan and one big, beautiful Atreum ARA-41 480 watt diy kit with dimmer and Sosan driver.
I'll be using GeoPots once again. I have had some of these pots for a few years now and I can hardly tell the difference between the new and the older used ones. They clean up so nicely with a just a little bit of Oxyclean. I have been really pleased with their performance and will continue to use them until they fall apart. From the looks of it should be some time before that happens.
Choosing a strain from Weed Seeds Express is getting more and more difficult. They are constantly adding strains like Berner's Cookies, Tangie, Purple Urkle and Sweet Island Skunk.
I wanted something classic for this grow. Two iconic strains that I haven't had the pleasure of trying.
1631562507249.png

Bubba Kush feminized seeds

THC level20%
CBD level0.1%
Variety80% Indica / 20% Sativa
GeneticsAfghan x OG Kush
Max yield indoor600 to 800 grams/m²
Max yield outdoor800 to 1500 grams/m²
Height indoor70 to 120 cm
Height outdoor120 to 180 cm
Fungal ResistanceMedium
GrowersprofileBeginner
ClimateTemperate, Mediterranean, Arid, Mountains
FlavorsEarthy, Kush, Sweet
EffectsCalming, Giggly, Happy, Lazy, Relaxed, Sleepy, Stoned
SOG suitableyes
SCROG suitableyes

1631562549941.png

Chemdawg feminized seeds​

THC level20%
CBD level0.1%
Variety40% Indica / 60% Sativa
GeneticsOG kush x Chemdawg 4
Max yield indoor400 to 500 grams/m²
Max yield outdoor700 to 1000 grams/m²
Height indoor70 to 125 cm
Height outdoor150 to 250 cm
Fungal ResistanceLow
GrowersprofileExpert
ClimateTemperate, Mediterranean, Arid
FlavorsCitrus, Earthy, Pine
EffectsCalming, Happy, Relaxed
SOG suitableyes
SCROG suitableyes
I see that the Chemdawg is considered to be a picky plant and I'll try to be undaunted by the word 'expert' in the grower's profile and just endeavor to do my best. The Bubba is supposed to be the Pre 98' version and looks to be much less finicky than the Chemdawg. I've long awaited the chance to grow both of these so I'm pretty excited.

I mentioned that I'll be using Prescription Blend for my nutrient system. Now,I haven't used this system prior to this grow but the feeding schedule looks pretty straightforward so I don't really foresee a bunch of issues popping up.

I am a bit late starting this journal. The plants are actually 18 days old already. I've been beyond busy with my family and haven't had enough downtime to collect my thoughts to write an intro. I also wasn't sure until very recently which nutrients that I was going to use.

I started these seeds in the last week of August. I was teaching my oldest son my sprouting and planting technique. I always soak my seeds in a bit of tap water with a drop or two of H2O2. I let them soak until they crack and then place them in Pro Mix. I've had great success since I started laying the seed on its side at planting. I feel that the root doesn't have to expend as much energy trying to right itself. Before I would plant tap root down but would come across some seedlings with corkscrewing roots or the tap would come out the top of the medium at times. I haven't had anything like this happen since I switched.
I planted the Bubba Kush and my son planted the Chemdawg. Turns out that this is the first cannabis seed that he has ever planted!! It was nice to share this with him.
Here they are at day #1. They both came up together.

At day #3...

And at day #10

I'll be back soon with a current update. I missed taking pics this morning so I'll grab some this evening after lights come back on.

I appreciate y'all coming and hope that you'll stick around to see the outcome.
:peace: :love: :yummy:
Amazing work and thank you so much for your kind words! :green_heart:

Highya VG,

Loved your last journal! Glad to follow along again! Hope you have fun with your grow. Happy Smokin'

Hiya VG! Have fun with the grow! :hug:
Highya MrS. :hug:
It's really good to see ya.
I take it that you've been busy? Haven't seen you around much.

I'm in!
This time, I'm gonna do my best to follow along...

Hey, if I can grow a Chemdawg, anyone can grow a Chemdawg... :oops:
Actually, it was super easy to grow, and a good yielder...the 2 plants I grew with it (Dr S CBD) both had pm problems, but not a speck of it on the Chemdawg...
Whatever. You're one of the best grower I know.
I haven't had a lot of issues with pm. I think I've removed one or two leaves in 3+ years of growing. I've been super lucky in that regard.
Knock on wood.
Amazing work and thank you so much for your kind words! :green_heart:
So glad you could stop by!
The babies look really good this morning.
Hey HG.
Happy that you can follow along. It is greatly appreciated. :thanks:
Hey VG! I've been wanting to follow one of your grows for some time now.

I'll grab a chair at the back if you don't mind!
Absolutely!
I'd love to have you follow along.

Highya VG,

Loved your last journal! Glad to follow along again! Hope you have fun with your grow. Happy Smokin'
Thanks Bode.
Wouldn't be the same without ya!
I'm hoping for a nice smooth run but anything can happen.
With me at the helm, what could possibly go wrong!?!:laughtwo:

Sorry that I missed y'all yesterday. I've had a pretty bad cold for almost a week now. We did have to get tested for C-19 but luckily those all came back negative.
I'll have an update soon. Have to get the kiddos off to school.

Happy to join the fun!
I've been beyond busy with my family and haven't had enough downtime to collect my thoughts to write an intro.
I can relate to that!

I had to take a nap after getting the kids off to school. I'm beat but I'm also bored sitting in bed. Downtime is downtime. I'll give an honest and hopefully coherent attempt at an update.

Prescription Blend

My delivery from Prescription Blend was carefully packaged and everything was accounted for. I appreciate that they sent a feeding chart along with some graduated pipettes. Those are no doubt going to come in handy.
I decided that since I'll be using a new nutrient line for this grow that I should pull out the ol' Apera pH tester and see what it says.
I haven't used it much in the last year or two so I recalibrated.

It was off by .04 . That's pretty good by my standards.

My plants were due to be fed a few days ago. They were starting on their third set of leaves so I decided that I would start feeding with the dosage for veg week 1.
Mixing up the nutrients didn't take long at all. You simply follow the feeding chart and add the components in the correct order stated,mixing in-between additions.
It says on the feeding chart that the nutrients will naturally balance between 5.8-6.4. This is dependant on your water source. I'm finding that my water is much better than I thought.

Ok, so all nutes mixed it was time to test.
6.3...on the nuts. How do they do it?
Best guess is witchcraft...
That's a great value to have it settle at. I was pretty happy to see it.

So now my little chickies are 20 days old. They have had time to show any issues that have come from switching nutrient lines or any damage from possible overfeeding. I wasn't sure if veg week 1 dose would be too much for them or not.
Looks like they took to it just fine....

They look pretty happy under their Atreum. I'm trying to use my lux meter a bit more. Right now they are at 32,000 lux. I am still increasing it very slowly. I have a few revegging plants in the same space that I have to consider. I think I'm to the point where I'll have to move the smaller plants closer, bit by bit.
Temp is 72° with an rh of
66%.
Not bad when compared to the VPD chart.

VPD-Bioengineering-Chart-1-768x517 (2).jpg

So that's where we're at today. Happy plants translate to less stress for me.

That's all I have for now.
Thanks for following along y'all. Stay safe.
:green_heart:

Highya VG,

Look who's getting all scientific on us!?! Every bit of info will make you and us a better budmaster! Cheers to you for going the extra mile. You have a great start. Happy Smokin'

Highya MrS. :hug:
It's really good to see ya.
I take it that you've been busy? Haven't seen you around much.
I have, and yes, you have not. I miss you, and the others that I never get around to see. I try and make a point of keeping up with a few journals, which is the best I can do these days.
Stay well. :love:

They look great and I'm glad you're feeling good about the Rx Blend after your decision to go with them. :thumb:

Looks like the only difference between week 1 and week 2 feeding is how soon you get to week 3, so there's no way they aren't ready for that dose.

Also, naps FTW!
I do have a few questions about the Rx still. Which cal-mag they recommend and how long do premixed nutes last before they go off?
I like it so far. Doesn't smell like much if anything. That's a nice change.

More naps today. I'm really wiped out.

Highya VG,

Look who's getting all scientific on us!?! Every bit of info will make you and us a better budmaster! Cheers to you for going the extra mile. You have a great start. Happy Smokin'
Glad you're enjoying it so far.
I'm just trying to keep it interesting by going through some of the things that I usually don't post about.
I have, and yes, you have not. I miss you, and the others that I never get around to see. I try and make a point of keeping up with a few journals, which is the best I can do these days.
Stay well. :love:
Well, I'm honored that you made time for me then.
I miss you too. :green_heart:

Goodness.
I knew that I'd screw up somewhere.
It was on the last set of pics. I mislabeled the plants. SMH
The skinny one is the Bubba and the broader leaved one is the Chemdawg.
Can I blame it on having a cold?

Here they are this morning,properly labeled.

They need to be fed this morning. I'm just getting ready to mix up some fresh nutes. It shouldn't take as long to prep this time since I'm not checking pH or recalibrating equipment.
the plants are a little leggy but I can fix that at transplant easy enough.
I do plan on training these two to maximize my yield. I'll probably top them in a week or so and start quadline training soon after.

They will have the entire 2x4 to themselves. I'm trying to move away from my typical three plant grow. It's fine if they are in two gallons and flipped between 4&6 weeks but anything that veggies longer than that or has a larger pot just get too big. They shade out each other and cause issues and lower yields.
I haven't decided what size pot they will end up in yet. I usually favor three gallons but I may go up to a five for these ladies. That is all in the air at this point.

That's all I have for this morning.
Hope y'all have a great day today.

Back
Top Bottom