VG's Prescription For Success With Atreum Lighting, Weed Seeds Express & Prescription Blend

The young ladies are looking great, VG!
They shade out each other and cause issues and lower yields.
That's why I started doing just one plant in the box- two plants is fine when they're little, but later on they get in each others way, and neither one will do as well as it should.

The young ladies are looking great, VG!

That's why I started doing just one plant in the box- two plants is fine when they're little, but later on they get in each others way, and neither one will do as well as it should.
Exactly.
They need a bit of elbow room to reach their potential.

Wish that I was better at training plants. I just haven't done it very much and I desperately need the practice. Guess I'll be getting some soon.

Maybe I need little hooky-sticks like you use?
Yes, or on the cold medicine!

Do that! Two 5 gallons in a 2x4 sounds perfect. :nomo:
So much cold medicine.

It does sound kinda nice. I also have lots of seven gallon pots.
Hmmm.....
I filled my 2.5x2.5 tent with one quadded plant in a three gallon. With that fresh in my mind, I'm not sure which ones to use now.
Darn it.

Wish that I was better at training plants. I just haven't done it very much and I desperately need the practice.
Have you considered learning being willing to supercrop?
It does sound kinda nice. I also have lots of seven gallon pots.
Nah. Two 7 gallon pots and the time it would take to fill them with roots to make it worthwhile and you're back to the same problem you mentioned with three plants in there.

Have you considered learning being willing to supercrop?

Nah. Two 7 gallon pots and the time it would take to fill them with roots to make it worthwhile and you're back to the same problem you mentioned with three plants in there.
I only supercrop if I have to. I have done it before you know? Lol
It just messes up my aesthetic.

Yeah, you're probably right about the sevens. I would use the threes before I use those. The sevens would be too heavy and hard for me to manage.

Maybe I need little hooky-sticks like you use?
They do make it pretty easy... and you don't need any grommets or binder clips
if you use the hooky sticks®:) (I like that name)

full

that's a lotta fancy bags .. :cheesygrinsmiley:

i imagine some are only used once or twice in the grow ?

Hello, VG!

I am super excited to see your grow. I have 4 babies around the same age as yours and on three of them I'm also using @Prescription Blend for the first time. Needless to say, I will be ingesting every bit of info. you post about the nutrients and their performance.

Some might say don't rely on a grower who mislabels her plants, but I know better! :Rasta:

I'm in!

That, and it takes longer to water.
That it does!
While we are on the topic of water..
We are having a drought. I should really try to keep my consumption down.
Oh Boy! Here we go! I'm so on board with Chemdawg and Bubba Kush! Both on the list! Great start V! Good luck with the new nutes!
Nice...
My Otter friend made it!!
Highya Stone!
:green_heart:
I remember when I was in my early 20s buying from "a guy". We all had our "guy". We didn't have any choice on what we were getting and anything we did get rarely had a name. It was usually a grade. Words like "the shit" and "super dank" were terms for higher grade while terms like "schwag" and "super seedy" were for the low grade stuff.
My dude said he was getting something called Bubba Kush and talked it up.
What!?! Something with an actual name!! I'm in!
Went to his place and it was the worst schwag I've ever seen. It was all sticks and brambles. Disappointing, to say the least.
I'm pretty sure mine will turn out a bit nicer.

full

that's a lotta fancy bags .. :cheesygrinsmiley:

i imagine some are only used once or twice in the grow ?
Hey bluter.
Good to see you here. Thanks for coming.

So ,for the seedling phase only the Core A&B are used. Once we get into Veg week #1 everything else is used with the exception of Big Data. This is their PK booster so it is used when appropriate, which of course is in flower.
weeks 1&2 Veg are identical. Week 3 Veg is where it bumps up to a dose that is used all throughout the rest of the grow. Once in flower Big Data is added and it's the only thing that isn't a constant,unchanging dose. It does have a slight increase and later on decreases in late flower.

Hello, VG!

I am super excited to see your grow. I have 4 babies around the same age as yours and on three of them I'm also using @Prescription Blend for the first time. Needless to say, I will be ingesting every bit of info. you post about the nutrients and their performance.

Some might say don't rely on a grower who mislabels her plants, but I know better! :Rasta:

I'm in!
You can trust me to either your own peril or advantage. TBD:laughtwo:

No joke. I woke up the next morning and my first thought was "Shit! I labeled those plants wrong". It must have been rattling around in my noggin all night.

I was hoping to learn from you since you are one watering ahead of me.
Don't screw up. ;)

They do make it pretty easy... and you don't need any grommets or binder clips
if you use the hooky sticks®:) (I like that name)
I like it too.
How easy are they to water around? That's my biggest issue.
The clips work well but they stink on watering day.

That it does!
While we are on the topic of water..
We are having a drought. I should really try to keep my consumption down.

Nice...
My Otter friend made it!!
Highya Stone!
:green_heart:
I remember when I was in my early 29s buying from "a guy". We all had our "guy". We didn't have any choice on what we were getting and anything we did get rarely had a name. It was usually a grade. Words like "the shit" and "super dank" were terms for higher grade while terms like "schwag" and "super seedy" were for the low grade stuff.
Went to his place and it was the worst schwag I've ever seen. It was all sticks and brambles. Disappointing, to say the least.

Hey bluter.
Good to see you here. Thanks for coming.

do for the seedling phase only the Core A&B are used. Once we get into Veg week #1 everything else is used with the exception of Big Data. This is their PK booster so it is used when appropriate, which of course is in flower.
weeks 1&2 Veg are identical. Week 3 Veg is where it bumps up to a dose that is used all throughout the rest of the grow. Once in flower Big Data is added and it's the only thing that isn't a constant,unchanging dose. It does have a slight increase and later on decreases in late flower.

You can trust me to either your own peril or advantage. TBD:laughtwo:

No joke. I woke up the next morning and my first thought was "Shit! I labeled those plants wrong". It must have been rattling around in my noggin all night.

I was hoping to learn from you since you are one watering ahead of me.
Don't screw up. ;)
LOL! I'll try my best not to screw up, @Virgin Ground.

In fact, let me go an label my plants now before I forget which is which. :)

i see they mention target ppm. are you running this on ppm or just following a chart ?
Glad you brought that up.
I realized that I never checked.
Just grabbed my TDS meter and checked it against some distilled. Looked good so I checked my water.
The last time I checked it was lower. It's now 230 ppm .
This is probably due to the fact that our town gets water from multiple sources. Two river and an aquifer so they can be different depending on what source they are pulling the most water from. Since there has been a drought here they may be using all three at once.
Anyway. I checked the week 1&2 mix that I had left over from yesterday.
I'm at 600 ppm right now.

LOL! I'll try my best not to screw up, @Virgin Ground.

In fact, let me go an label my plants now before I forget which is which. :)
But...mine were labeled. That's what the popsicle sticks are for.
I have no excuse other than being a bit foggy mentally.

Highya VG,

a bit foggy mentally.
Is that what they're calling it now?!? I thought it was being stoned. HaHa! I'm enjoying your journal!! Happy Smokin'

I remember when I was in my early 20s buying from "a guy". We all had our "guy". We didn't have any choice on what we were getting and anything we did get rarely had a name. It was usually a grade. Words like "the shit" and "super dank" were terms for higher grade while terms like "schwag" and "super seedy" were for the low grade stuff.
Wow you mustive hung with the rich kids! :rofl: We got a "bag" until red and gold came along. The bags were awful, probably the super seedy grade. But then came red and gold for a while, then back to the bags of seeds and sticks. This Bubba Kush is on the path of awesomeness! So is Chemmy!

we had names for most of the weed we got right from the 70's forward. no way we were the rich kids. come to think of it the rich kids got it from us.

maybe just had the right friends in low places lol :p

The weed I got in the 70's never had a name, it was just "weed"....a "lid" was usually 1/3 seeds, 1/3 stems, and 1/3 weed- and it was the "shit weed "that took 7 or 8 joints to get high....I don't miss those days...
How easy are they to water around? That's my biggest issue.
Watering around the sticks seems pretty easy to me, but I'm used to it- they are easier to water around than the wires I use later on in the grow, which get in the way big time because they're all around the edge of the pot.

Highya VG,

Is that what they're calling it now?!? I thought it was being stoned. HaHa! I'm enjoying your journal!! Happy Smokin'
Lol. Usually it is.

I've been enjoying some cold medicine. Yesterday is the first day that I've been able to smoke. I took a three day TB due to my sore throat.

Wow you mustive hung with the rich kids! :rofl: We got a "bag" until red and gold came along. The bags were awful, probably the super seedy grade. But then came red and gold for a while, then back to the bags of seeds and sticks. This Bubba Kush is on the path of awesomeness! So is Chemmy!
I didn't hang with rich kids. I came from the bad part of town with all of the crime.
We got our stuff from some guy who was attending college for botany.
He ended up moving to the west coast to become a grower. Some friend of my older sister who was also a botany major.

we had names for most of the weed we got right from the 70's forward. no way we were the rich kids. come to think of it the rich kids got it from us.

maybe just had the right friends in low places lol :p
I think that the stuff that I got changed hands so much that people probably didn't know what it was anymore. Maybe they just didn't care?
The weed I got in the 70's never had a name, it was just "weed"....a "lid" was usually 1/3 seeds, 1/3 stems, and 1/3 weed- and it was the "shit weed "that took 7 or 8 joints to get high....I don't miss those days...

Watering around the sticks seems pretty easy to me, but I'm used to it- they are easier to water around than the wires I use later on in the grow, which get in the way big time because they're all around the edge of the pot.
We had our share of the Mexican brick. That brown crud. Could hardly break it up in a grinder. Always missed a seed or two and hated the taste of them when they burn.
Tasted like dirt and hay.

I'm probably just being lazy. I could release all of my clips when I water and replace them after. Would only take an extra few minutes.
I'm searching for my coated floral wire to make some Hooky Sticks®.
It's around here somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom