Relaxed's Outdoor Medical Grow - 2017

Thanks for bumping that old post. It was nice to see.:thanks:

As for the ongoing stuff, I transplanted the mothers into bigger pots, I think they'll enjoy it. Also watered the seedlings. Two of them were big enough to fim and train with a string.

IMG_83275.JPG
IMG_83297.JPG

No need to thank me i'm really interested and I'm always looking for more outdoor growers to converse with. I've been growing on and off outdoors in the uk for 15-20 years and have pretty much taught myself everything (With a little help from gods like Mel Frank, Jorge Cervantes, Ed Rosethal etc) and although I'm quite experienced now I'm always open and keen to learn more from other growers. You seem to grow some lovely outdoor plants from the images I've seen and I'm very interested in what techniques you use, pot sizes, training/topping/fimming (I love a good FIM), precautions against bugs and budrot, feeding schedule etc. I didn't realise I'd bumped an old journal I was just scouting the outdoor grow page and there it was. Do you have an active outdoor grow I can follow my friend? I'm guessing you do as you mentioned potting up in your reply? I'm new to 420 app so sorry for the long winded reply .

Oh I see you keep mothers and clone each season from the mothers? Great idea if you find the strains and medicine you like most. I generally just go from seed unless a friend has a cutting from a super nice strain I can try. This year I have feminised Master Kush, Sensi Skunk, Sensi Super Skunk and White Widow on the go and I too have just potted up my oldest seedlings. I have some more Master Kush seedlings 2-3 weeks behind the others for an extra harvest a bit later on that will need potting up in a week or so. Anyway I'll follow your grows closely from now on and hopefully learn something new .

This grow is active/current (2017). We had the winter and spring harvest already. Now I am working on a summer/fall thing. Yeah, once I found the prized strains that I like (SC/JD, etc.) then I just clone of clone of clone as long as I can (for years). I use light deprivation to force flower in the Spring/summer as needed (usually) so I can harvest several times a year.

You can look at the previous years grow journals if you wish

[url]https://www.420magazine.com/co...ow-2013-a.185962/?highlight=relaxed's+outdoor[/URL]

Relaxed's 2014 Outdoor Medical Grow

Relaxed's Outdoor Medical Grow - 2015

Relaxed's Outdoor Medical Grow - 2016

I had some good years :)

This grow is active/current (2017). We had the winter and spring harvest already. Now I am working on a summer/fall thing. Yeah, once I found the prized strains that I like (SC/JD, etc.) then I just clone of clone of clone as long as I can (for years). I use light deprivation to force flower in the Spring/summer as needed (usually) so I can harvest several times a year.

You can look at the previous years grow journals if you wish

[url]https://www.420magazine.com/co...ow-2013-a.185962/?highlight=relaxed's+outdoor[/URL]

Relaxed's 2014 Outdoor Medical Grow

Relaxed's Outdoor Medical Grow - 2015

Relaxed's Outdoor Medical Grow - 2016

I had some good years :)

Love that, I use light deprivation myself so I know the benefits. It's essential to me finishing Sativa heavy strains, light dep early in the season to let em finish. It's vastly improved my results in the uk climate. Indica also responds well to light dep here but a little less necessary. It definitely improves my yields than if I left them to follow the natural season. I will certainly be taking a close look at your last journal ..

Yup, have to agree with you on all of that KushGod. This year I decided to try something a little different, been too busy to grow as much as I used to, other years were better planned. This year I didn't plan much. Just kept going on small batches of clones and finally got around to planting seeds. Now the seedlings are kind of idling, still showing signs of flowering but I think they'll hopefully ramp up their veg growth rates this month.

As for my little bonsai project/nursery - not rushing the release of these ladies for fear that they will flower early. I probably should adjust the lighting sequentially from 18/6 to 17/7 to 16/8, etc. so they adjust better when they're released. Been having trouble releasing and having them go directly into veg mode due to the several hours of light reduction, they just want to flower and it stunts their growth. Waiting closer to solstice I think and with a few weeks of "light hardening" hopefully they'll "launch" as BL put it.

the group (four plants: 1 SC, 1 JD, 2 SDD)
IMG_83853.JPG

SDD 1
IMG_83862.JPG

SDD 2
IMG_83872.JPG

JD
IMG_83885.JPG

SC
IMG_83891.JPG

Also, a quick note about the Swiss Cheese which I've been taking clones of clones for like years now. It's basically a sativa dominant pheno but which flowers like an indica. SC starts looking pretty ripe around day 45 of flower. Not to mention, because they are clones of clones, etc. the flowering hormone (florigen) may accumulate over time in the plant tissue, making it easier for the plant to quickly transition into a flowering event.
:volcano-smiley:

Are you going to keepem small again? Spring is here and from your pot size,, they are going to get kind of big.. GL and Keepem Green

Are you going to keepem small again? Spring is here and from your pot size,, they are going to get kind of big.. GL and Keepem Green

I hope they get big. Big enough to produce something worth while. Been too long since I had a decent sized plant. :Namaste:

I hope they get big. Big enough to produce something worth while. Been too long since I had a decent sized plant. :Namaste:

It's all about controling your environment. :)

I think you let the light get too short and the air get too cold in the great outdoors. You did better than I did at controlling your temps: my outdoors would have killed them off for sure.

Those meteorologists need to work on their outdoor watering techniques. Storms have been pouring a lot of water into my rivers and they are spilling over the banks. Nothing to cause a problem to my grow, but trees in yards a mile away have very wet feet.

Yup, have to agree with you on all of that KushGod. This year I decided to try something a little different, been too busy to grow as much as I used to, other years were better planned. This year I didn't plan much. Just kept going on small batches of clones and finally got around to planting seeds. Now the seedlings are kind of idling, still showing signs of flowering but I think they'll hopefully ramp up their veg growth rates this month.

As for my little bonsai project/nursery - not rushing the release of these ladies for fear that they will flower early. I probably should adjust the lighting sequentially from 18/6 to 17/7 to 16/8, etc. so they adjust better when they're released. Been having trouble releasing and having them go directly into veg mode due to the several hours of light reduction, they just want to flower and it stunts their growth. Waiting closer to solstice I think and with a few weeks of "light hardening" hopefully they'll "launch" as BL put it.

the group (four plants: 1 SC, 1 JD, 2 SDD)
IMG_83853.JPG

SDD 1
IMG_83862.JPG

SDD 2
IMG_83872.JPG

JD
IMG_83885.JPG

SC
IMG_83891.JPG

Also, a quick note about the Swiss Cheese which I've been taking clones of clones for like years now. It's basically a sativa dominant pheno but which flowers like an indica. SC starts looking pretty ripe around day 45 of flower. Not to mention, because they are clones of clones, etc. the flowering hormone (florigen) may accumulate over time in the plant tissue, making it easier for the plant to quickly transition into a flowering event.
:volcano-smiley:

Love the bonsai work. I'm tempted to try it myself on one or two Master Kush I have going begging. I like the manifold idea of an initial 2 stems to work from and gradually keep topping so they look like little ganja shrubs not trees. I love the ideas this place and the members here set off in my head...... new project alert! .

What is KC 45 may I ask?

Pure sativa pheno I used to grow. It's supposed to be a cross between Russian Ruderalis and Brazilian sativa. I had several different phenos.

Pheno #1, the lemon

Here was this other pheno #2 (pine spice) which was a completely revegetated and reflowered specimen (harvest, then left some leaves on the plant, then regrow completely under lights, then release, reveg, and reflower)
IMG_37165.JPG

IMG_38923.JPG

IMG_39049.JPG
IMG_40244.JPG

IMG_40652.JPG

About 2 years ago, at the end of the year 2014 journal. Grew it for awhile before that but decided to move on to new things since then. The strain got me through some tough times! ;) Hardy plants for sure, been through storms and everything.

Pure sativa pheno I used to grow. It's supposed to be a cross between Russian Ruderalis and Brazilian sativa. I had several different phenos.

Pheno #1, the lemon

Here was this other pheno #2 (pine spice) which was a completely revegetated and reflowered specimen (harvest, then left some leaves on the plant, then regrow completely under lights, then release, reveg, and reflower)
IMG_37165.JPG

IMG_38923.JPG

IMG_39049.JPG
IMG_40244.JPG

IMG_40652.JPG

About 2 years ago, at the end of the year 2014 journal. Grew it for awhile before that but decided to move on to new things since then. The strain got me through some tough times! ;) Hardy plants for sure, been through storms and everything.

They look like they were wonderful plants. I'm having a bad day with one or two of my girls. I spotted some black/brown leaf tips yesterday effecting only the newest growth leaf tips and I'm freaking out a bit. I'm torn between overwatered and Nitrogen toxic, I feel like I should be flushing them but terrified of doing it incase it is in fact overwater moisture stress and not N toxicity. These plants are wonderful to us but occasionally they are just bitches, like today lol.

Remember the root system from that pheno #1 KC-45, a big tap root went through this little drainage hole in the 2 gallon pot and inserted itself into the dirt below. Think NW could make an Indiana Jones whip out of it? ;)

IMG_36588.JPG
IMG_36595.JPG
IMG_36608.JPG
IMG_36616.JPG

Some pics from today. Took the mother clones out of the tent for a day of sun. Been cloudy all of last week. The seedlings got stunted because a lot of them tried to flower. Oh well. Still seems to be trying to flower too. In June?!? Anyway, atleast I got something decent going which is the bonsai mother clone project

JD
IMG_83953.JPG

SC
IMG_83962.JPG

SDD 1
IMG_83973.JPG

SDD 2
IMG_83985.JPG

Back in tent pics

Group
IMG_83992.JPG

SC
IMG_84002.JPG

SDD/JD
IMG_84013.JPG
IMG_84025.JPG
IMG_84034.JPG

Then those little darn seedlings (Underdawg CHEM pheno and OG kush), hope they kick back into veg! Atleast the one on the bottom right is a female and vegging, it was fimmed so its putting out 2 tips now.
IMG_84044.JPG

Small update. The natural weeds are just doing whatever they want. They were watered/fed today, and I think they are thinking about doing some actual vegging/growing here lol. Also the mother clones are doing better now, starting to look healthier. The baby grasshoppers are out and about lately.

Mother clones (2 SDD, JD, SC)
IMG_84415.JPG

SC
IMG_84424.JPG

The plants that do whatever they want. I should probably spray their leaves and get the dust off. They got stunted by early flowering but I think they are bouncing back.
IMG_84434.JPG
:Namaste:

Hope everyone is doing well!:volcano-smiley:

Back
Top Bottom