Relaxed's Outdoor Medical Grow - 2017

Things are coming along. Frost really came out after a couple of days in the high 70s. Getting close.

JD

IMG_81984.JPG
IMG_81979.JPG

SDD
IMG_82014.JPG

SC
IMG_82035.JPG
IMG_82024.JPG

Swiss Cheese seems to have a well deserved reputation for big yields - if that's what your SC is, what is it like to smoke?

I haven't smoked, per se, in years, but I do vaporize the flowers. SC is a remarkable strain due to its ease of growing, high yields, and high quality flowers. The reason I got it was due to fungus resistance genes. I've never had it mold on me, even throughout dense coastal fogs. It was bred at high altitude, but I'm growing it at sea level.

I've had it finish in as fast as 42-45 days due to the indica pheno, and been taking clones of clones of clones for years. Still has a lot of vigor after so many generations.

The final flowers come out very skunky and lemon/piney as well as sweet. There's definitely a reason to why I keep growing it. In part its the yields, in part its because the flowers are what I like. NW will tell you stories about growing like 12 footers of these, it's the type of plant if you were to grow a monster then you could probably harvest like 3 pounds per plant type of thing. :thumb:

I haven't smoked, per se, in years, but I do vaporize the flowers. SC is a remarkable strain due to its ease of growing, high yields, and high quality flowers. The reason I got it was due to fungus resistance genes. I've never had it mold on me, even throughout dense coastal fogs. It was bred at high altitude, but I'm growing it at sea level.

I've had it finish in as fast as 42-45 days due to the indica pheno, and been taking clones of clones of clones for years. Still has a lot of vigor after so many generations.

The final flowers come out very skunky and lemon/piney as well as sweet. There's definitely a reason to why I keep growing it. In part its the yields, in part its because the flowers are what I like. NW will tell you stories about growing like 12 footers of these, it's the type of plant if you were to grow a monster then you could probably harvest like 3 pounds per plant type of thing. :thumb:

Thanks for the description. With cloning, we run the same strains over and over. It's nice to sample, even vicariously, the strains oher people grow.

Decided to move things forward. I harvested/washed the flowering plants, then transplanted and released the UD seedlings into the natural planter. Very dry out, ~20% humidity, so everything needs water quite often. These are gonna dry fast.

IMG_82103.JPG
IMG_82114.JPG

JD
IMG_82126.JPG

SDD
IMG_82136.JPG

SC
IMG_82141.JPG

Congrats my friend.. That main cola on the SC looks pretty good sized.. Going to be getting to warm for them purples huh? Looks good Enjoy and Keepem Green

Congrats my friend.. That main cola on the SC looks pretty good sized.. Going to be getting to warm for them purples huh? Looks good Enjoy and Keepem Green

:thanks: brotha! Yes, too warm for the purples, they were started to show some extra leaf action so I pulled 'em. They're very frosty

Congrats on your harvest. It's always a good day :)

Indeed my brother! I'm so glad to have finally harvested them and moving forward with the fresh spring plants. :Namaste:

So my current projects, now that we can move beyond the Spring harvest (which I may add was great, the SC is so very potent and the JD batch is also really good, overall very happy with everything).

- planted some seedlings to just grow naturally, I peek at them every once n awhile and spray azamax. They're growing really slow. They endured the storm last few nights, but Sun came out and they're loving it. Various UD chem pheno seeds, but I think there may be some different pheno of the pheno (sub pheno). Also some OG seedlings, (but they showed sex and started to flower, I hope they go back to leaf growth) which were once clone and only and then made into seeds.
IMG_82266.JPG

In Dr. Earth's Pot-o-Gold

And the mother clones of the UD,JD,SC which is basically my little bonsai project now. I fimmed and LSTed over a week ago. The SC responded with vigor and is putting out tops everywhere (nodal explosion), Just kinda babying these ones along
IMG_82279.JPG

Out for some sun during the day
:Namaste:

So my current projects, now that we can move beyond the Spring harvest (which I may add was great, the SC is so very potent and the JD batch is also really good, overall very happy with everything).

- planted some seedlings to just grow naturally, I peek at them every once n awhile and spray azamax. They're growing really slow. They endured the storm last few nights, but Sun came out and they're loving it. Various UD chem pheno seeds, but I think there may be some different pheno of the pheno (sub pheno). Also some OG seedlings, (but they showed sex and started to flower, I hope they go back to leaf growth) which were once clone and only and then made into seeds.
IMG_82266.JPG

In Dr. Earth's Pot-o-Gold

It's good to see seedlings outside in the spring. :)

Pretty good so far, gonna be some males in the seedlings at some point, but at least its nice to see some vigorous plants grow. The OG Kush seedlings must be indica dominant cause they tried to flower at only a few inches tall. I cut the tops off in hopes that we'll see some decent revegetation on what nodes they have.

But for my little bonsai mother project. I'm enjoying nursing these ones. First I fimmed them which shunts the hormones to the lower branching sites away from the apical tip, then the lower light deprived nodes, once LSTed, grow into bona fide branches. I also fertilized with the D&S Step 2 for fast action.

JD
IMG_82406.JPG

SDD
IMG_82415.JPG

SC, this one I didn't train because of the nature of it. Proximal/lower nodes came out from everywhere.
IMG_82426.JPG

Obviously the goal with those is to have them provides clones for the next generation, in addition to forming a comfortable bush that I can be proud about. Seems a tough thing to do lately since everything just seems to want to flower after be released from 18/6. I think if I released around the solstice I would have better luck.

My little training project is going well. These plants would like to be transplanted but if I put them in the next pot up, there won't be much room left in the veg chamber. So I'm just watering/feeding/training as needed. So I have my Swiss Cheese, Sour Diesel Dawg, and Jack Dawg in here. They're actually growing well, just pretty slow.
IMG_83104.JPG

The seedlings (pics later) are doing a lot better though, found 2 UD males yesterday and trashed them. Still waiting on 1 more plant to show sex, but definitely got 7 females (3 OG Kush, 1 Unknown, and 4 UD) which are gonna grow naturally throughout the summer. Can't wait to see them fill out the planter. The 3 OG kush seedlings that had started to flower early, I cut their tops off and then fertilized everything with heavy N ferts, everything is looking nice and green in veg mode (but going a little slow for some)

The strains:

- Swiss Cheese
- Jack Dawg
- Sour Diesel Dawg
- OG Kush
- Underdawg (CHEM pheno)

Looking good RL....they'll probably launch after you put them out into the sunlight, right? After a few blistering near 100 days up north, we're back to very cool, breezy days. :Namaste:

Yeah! :thanks: I plan to release these as we get closer to the solstice and hopefully can get a few clones around that time. And once we get our typical blistering summer heat they should grow a lot. (Dreading that because we don't have any A/C, we rely on the ocean breeze).

Hello 420 Magazine and Happy New Year!

Welcome to my 2017 grow journal! :ciao: Our plants are getting ready for another trip around the Sun. :circle-of-love:

Some are almost ready to harvest from the winter grow. We have the vegetative mother clones on 18/6 in the DP90 tent under 115 W of CFL (2700/5500 K mix), in contrast, we have the current winter grow with the Swiss Cheese furthest in the lead and closest to harvest. Not long behind is the Underdawg and Jack Dawg. The Sour Diesel Dawgs are just beginning to form centralized flower heads and are just getting going. :cheer:

So far, it's one of the best winter grows I've had, I've taken a different approach than I normally do, I normally leave them in the white outdoor grow tent (row cover based) to keep warm, but when I do that, they usually get hit hard by the storms and cold weather. Lately, I've been taking them inside the garage at night to keep them a little bit warmer and drier, though it still drops down into the high 40s at night. Nonetheless, they are progressing pretty well because they get more direct Sun during the day, something that was inhibited by the regular outdoor tent. Buds always come out a lot skimpier and odd during the winter, but this time they seem to be coming in a bit more normal. We had some El Nina activity (hotter and drier during the winter times), with hot Santa Ana winds giving then a mid-time surge in energy. They did seem to enjoy the extra energy. :morenutes:

A brief recap on the strains going, these have been clones of clones of clones, and so on..

1) Jack Dawg (Jack Herer x NYCD x Chemdawg '91) = JD

2) Underdawg (Special Unknown #1 x NYCD x Chemdawg '91) = UD

3) Swiss Cheese (Swiss Miss x Skunk #1 pheno) = SC

4) Sour Diesel Dawg (Sour Diesel x NYCD x Chemdawg '91) = SDD

Soil being used: Dr. Earth's Pot-O-Gold

Cloning method: Sphagnum peat moss, Clonex rooting gel and mycorrhizae powder added to the medium, under plastic dome with constant spraying

Nutrient fertilization: Dr. Earth LIFE and Flower Girl, and Doggett & Simpson Growology

Plant protection: Azamax (general purpose) and Sierra Natural Science sprays

Bud washing method: SNS-311 diluted into several gallons of cool water, with a rinsing bucket

Drying method: 4 tier drying rack

JD

IMG_78666.JPG

IMG_78685.JPG

IMG_78715.JPG

IMG_78734.JPG

IMG_78754.JPG

UD
IMG_78723.JPG

IMG_78764.JPG

SC flower top, smelling really good as normal, very fruity/skunky/piney

IMG_78773.JPG

SDDs just starting to put out pistils finally, must have transformed into a sativa dom. expression

IMG_78784.JPG

Group getting in the last bit of reflected Sun coming in for the day

IMG_78795.JPG

Into the DP90, the generational mother clones, still waiting for the little UD twig to survive, she's been stagnating heavily, hoping she makes it. The other plants are growing great. But, if the struggling UD twig dies, then I'll have lost this phenotype. Learned my lesson not to take such small clones, especially for the UD.

JDs
IMG_78804.JPG

IMG_78844.JPG

SDD
IMG_78815.JPG

SCs
IMG_78825.JPG

IMG_78833.JPG

Veg group
IMG_78854.JPG

I'll grow the veggies as much as I can to fill up the tent, then take clones again and release another winter crop, or an early spring crop. The clones of those future clones will be the Spring grow, and the clones of those, the Summer, and so on..

Aloha :Namaste:

Nice to see another outdoor grower I can discuss tactics with on here . I'm gonna keep an eye on your journals for sure. Looking good btw

Thanks for bumping that old post. It was nice to see.:thanks:

As for the ongoing stuff, I transplanted the mothers into bigger pots, I think they'll enjoy it. Also watered the seedlings. Two of them were big enough to fim and train with a string.

IMG_83275.JPG
IMG_83297.JPG

Back
Top Bottom