Serious Seeds Serious 6

8 weeks 3 days from breaking earth, 5 weeks 3 days in bloom. they were dry so I watered them with a biobizz grow bloom and topmax mix.

IMG_20131011_231347204.jpg
IMG_20131011_225716889.jpg
IMG_20131011_225002348.jpg
IMG_20131011_224955629.jpg
IMG_20131011_225446222.jpg
IMG_20131009_242003992.jpg

thanks closetorganic and cajuncelt. im happy I finally got these girls fed properly. they are really drinking now.

scarfinger68, I have no fan in there but I do have this

I did not buy my fish fertilizer yet. im gonna wait until the stuff I have runs out.

IMG_20130925_023140133.jpg

thanks closetorganic and cajuncelt. im happy I finally got these girls fed properly. they are really drinking now.

scarfinger68, I have no fan in there but I do have this

I did not buy my fish fertilizer yet. im gonna wait until the stuff I have runs out.

IMG_20130925_023140133.jpg

I am thinking a small 6" fan would be good for air movement? Decrease the chance of mold.

you really think a fan would help? I have one but I didn't think I needed it.

a picture of the pink pistils and of my helper that killed himself. my helpers always kill themselves :(

luckily the gnat infestation is over. between apple cider vinegar, spiders and me manually killing every fly I encountered LOL

IMG_20131012_2316241031.jpg

IMG_20131012_231357970.jpg

Doesn't the breeze from a fan also help the branches strength & create somewhat an insect resistance?

it has to be blowing at the plants? can I just move the air above the box? I have a pressurized fan in there, will the mini fan throw that system off? that's why it doesn't smell in my basement LOL

You just need the fan to circulate the air "keep it moving". It doesn't need to be blowing directly on the plants.

you really think a fan would help? I have one but I didn't think I needed it.

a picture of the pink pistils and of my helper that killed himself. my helpers always kill themselves :(

luckily the gnat infestation is over. between apple cider vinegar, spiders and me manually killing every fly I encountered LOL

I was taking into consideration that you had a mold problem on your last grow. Consider as your plant matures and gets all nice and sticky with trichomes. The deeper you get closer to the stem, in the middle of the buds, the humidity will be higher? (that's my thoughts anyway)

I thought the same thing... really? do I need a fan. Well, Kingjohn even gave me some constructive criticism about my fan placement in my grow. I would suggest anything pushing air around is better than nothing.

**This is what made the light bulb :idea: go off in my head.

I had some dirt in a bucket that I had pre-wet with water. I noticed that mold was developing on the dirt. I got rid of the mod physically by scooping it out. Next I placed a small 6" fan blowing on top of it. No more mold build up. For one it helped dry out the top of the soil and not let the mold spores take hold.

Also it will deter bugs from just willy nilly flying around doing what ever they want. Also provide fresh air for the plant to use and help remove waist products excreted by the fan leaves.

All in all I think it would be a good thing to have air movement. At least a little air movement would be better than none.

I actually had a fan in there when I first setup the rig, but I was worried that it would harm the pressurized radon fan that's in the grow area. will adding the fan stress the motor of the radon fan? if you look through my pictures you can see a meter on the wall that's filled with blue liquid to indicate whether or not the radon fan has pressure/is operating.

also ive got a new grow going on!

Snow White & More

I snuck in a picture for you guys

IMG_20131014_135003654.jpg

Remember, the Radon was bought to help out the grow. A (preferably oscillating) fan to move air around inside the grow is nearly mandatory for growing indoors. Don't shoot me for being a newb saying it, but through all of my studies and limited application, this point was well driven into me. Not just considering all above reasons mentioned, but the fan also exchanges the CO2 on the leaves and helps the plant manage heat. If there's no constant breeze moving along, the plant may perspire too much or not enough trying to maintain that happy balance. In the base of my grow box, I shot a screw right through the base of the oscillating fan into the wooden base of the box and tilted it to the max and let it blow everywhere. Even when I had seedlings, I'd try to aim the fan kinda at them, just till they shown a couple new nodes, then all air was pointed right at them. In that wind they would toss and turn and twist about, all of which made them have a stronger main stem, then stronger side growths. The breeze also moves leaves around allowing momentary lapses of light reach the under growths.

Far too many pros for fan use and maybe one or two cons.

9 weeks old today, 6 weeks in bloom.

I hooked up the fan to keep the air circulating but will this fan harm the other fan in the room since its a pressurized fan?

IMG_20131016_110541935.jpg
IMG_20131016_110547408.jpg

Plants looking great b.
Not to sure about the pressurized fan but it shouldn't hurt. The other fan is moving the air around within the pressurized area so it should be fine. I could be talking out my a$$, cause not really sure, but it just makes sense to me.

Plants looking great b.
Not to sure about the pressurized fan but it shouldn't hurt. The other fan is moving the air around within the pressurized area so it should be fine. I could be talking out my a$$, cause not really sure, but it just makes sense to me.

thanks man. ill keep asking around because I don't want to ruin my parents radon fan. I think the radon fan was a scam, but at least we know it works. it serves its purpose by extracting the smell of the cannabis out the top of my house LOL :high-five:

These plants are really stacking the pistils on. One of them is losing so much nitrogen after switching back to the biobizz regime. I'm going to try and make a strong biobizz mix tonight when I water. I really don't want to add more synthetics to the soil being that im 3-4 weeks away from harvest.

Im going to start flushing 2 weeks prior to harvest.

As LA said, it will just be moving the air of that area away from itself (around). The radon (or any other) fan just moves the air that happens to be within it's vacuum radius and sends it in a direction straight out the other end. So long as there is an adequate amount of inlet air to feed it, the exhaust fan will continue to serve according to design and the alterations of wind directions previous in sequence will not affect the performance.

Back
Top Bottom