I have been growing since day 1 of Medical Marijuana becoming legalized in Michigan (12/2008). I have never purchased seeds! But after seeing the Quadlining thread, I am interested in getting some Female photo period seeds with high THC.

What would you recommend?
You can quadline a clone, if that's your question. That's mostly what I do.

Not quite the symmetry you get from a seedling but they work fine.

Hmmm.. I could try that!

I would appreciate if you could guide me to a post # where you talk about it? So I don't have to go thru the whole journal again! lol

It took over 3 hours just to admire all the photos, and 1/2 a roll of paper towels for the drool!

Hmmm.. I could try that!

I would appreciate if you could guide me to a post # where you talk about it? So I don't have to go thru the whole journal again! lol

It took over 3 hours just to admire all the photos, and 1/2 a roll of paper towels for the drool!
Here's a link to where he mentioned it ,I just used the search function at the top right.

WooHoo! Thank you!

Just out of curiosity.. what words did you search?
Quadline clones and I chose in this forum and by Azimuth
Screenshot_20240306-114614_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Hmmm.. I could try that!

Clones still produce nodes in pairs, but in alternate rather than opposite fashion so I try to pick two pairs that are relatively close together, then hold down the high ones to let the lowers catch up.

If you hold the tips of the uppers below those of the lowers it tricks the plant into thinking the lowers are now the dominant ones and sends more growth hormones to them.

Then I Supercrop the limbs and weight them down with fishing weights to hold them horizontal until they get to the pot edge and then let them grow up.

I have to admit, I do the ❤️ the symmetry! But then again, I haven't grown too many Pretty plants! lol

Pretty HUGE.... YES!
But not Pretty!
Quadline clones and I chose in this forum and by Azimuth
Screenshot_20240306-114614_DuckDuckGo.jpg
I am a quick learner. Seems forums are alot easier to navigate than 15 years ago!
Clones still produce nodes in pairs, but in alternate rather than opposite fashion so I try to pick two pairs that are relatively close together, then hold down the high ones to let the lowers catch up.

If you hold the tips of the uppers below those of the lowers it tricks the plant into thinking the lowers are now the dominant ones and sends more growth hormones to them.

Then I Supercrop the limbs and weight them down with fishing weights to hold them horizontal until they get to the pot edge and then let them grow up.
I am going to give it a go this summer!
I appreciate the idea!

Have we come up with a general consensus of how to start seeds for a sip?
I have 2 with tails that need to go in soil tonight.
I’m thinking drill some holes in the bottom of a solo cup, and once they get a couple leaves, set em in a tray of water?

I’m thinking drill some holes in the bottom of a solo cup, and once they get a couple leaves, set em in a tray of water?
I use a mini sip that @Azimuth came up with

Growers choice for sure, but I like the small plant/small SIP combination to start as it's easier to control the watering early. You can still over-waterer them in a SIP, especially early and the smaller containers help you control that.

I use a clear cup inside an opaque one so I can keep track of the progress of the roots.

Back
Top Bottom