You guys have any recommendations for help colas stand up. I have a trellis net but I’m well into flower and not sure if I can still install it. My colas are getting heavy and starting to fall over
What Bode said. But indoors I gently drop a net over them best I can. Before the net I went with waxed string with garden wire bent into hooks from the cola to the tent somewhere. I like the net best for ease.

I used some bamboo sticks and coated plant wire to stand them back up.

IMG_0239.jpeg

My Simple SIP for Seeds and Clones...
Not sure how well it would work for soil?

20240226_175152.jpg

20240226_182539.jpg

20240226_182819.jpg

20240302_110314.jpg
That's more Swick than SIP, but those work great as well. I've found I had to match the wicking rate of the wick with the size and health of the plant as its too easy to overwater early if the wick is either too big or too efficient for what the plant can handle.

Good stuff, though. :thumb:

Auto fill reservoirs are done, minus an index notch.
Tomorrow, I need to finish the fill tubes, do a wet test and adjust the float. These were more work than expected but, probably because I over thought it… lol
Seems like they should work well though!

IMG_3077.jpeg

IMG_3078.jpeg

IMG_3079.jpeg

Tomorrow, I need to finish the fill tubes, do a wet test and adjust the float. These were more work than expected but, probably because I over thought it… lol

IMG_3077.jpeg

IMG_3078.jpeg

IMG_3079.jpeg
Wow! Beautiful work.

What kind of a cap are you going to use to keep the soil mix away from the float mechanism?

And how did you make the plexiglass dividers?

IMG_3077.jpeg

IMG_3078.jpeg

IMG_3079.jpeg
Nice job , the other option i know its a bit late but it may help someone else.
You could use an electric liquid level controller, you can see in first picture a bit of conduit in the bucket with 3 bolts along it ,the bottom one in bucket is ground reference second start top is stop ,this is slightly different as im using this to catch water from my dehumidifier and a pump inside the bucket will pump it away so my on offs are the opposite on is top off is the middle bolt . So you would have them closer together and probably no need for 5th bucket you could link all 4 buckets and fit a probe in the bottom of one of them .
The probe is safe to touch .
Controller was about $12

20240304_005319.jpg
20240304_005402.jpg

Those bolts are somehow triggers for the controller?
Yes I have a wire attached to each bolt, I used 3 core flex it wires back to the top of that particular liquid level controller and triggers the on and off for a pump or solenoid whatever you like

Yes I have a wire attached to each bolt, I used 3 core flex it wires back to the top of that particular liquid level controller and triggers the on and off for a pump or solenoid whatever you like
Ive seen these before in the field but not used in this manner. Very nice!

You could use an electric liquid level controller, you can see in first picture a bit of conduit in the bucket with 3 bolts along it ,the bottom one in bucket is ground reference second start top is stop ,this is slightly different as im using this to catch water from my dehumidifier and a pump inside the bucket will pump it away so my on offs are the opposite on is top off is the middle bolt . So you would have them closer together and probably no need for 5th bucket you could link all 4 buckets and fit a probe in the bottom of one of them .
Controller was about $12

20240304_005319.jpg
20240304_005402.jpg
Is this an auber device? Or??? Can you link :)

From what I can see there is 2 sensors and one that fills?

Ive seen these before in the field but not used in this manner. Very nice!
I've used them on bore pump set-ups for the vacuum pump and pump control the vacuum pump sucks the air up the pipe in the bore drawing the water up to the bolts for the liquid level then the pump starts up automatically

Is this an auber device? Or??? Can you link :)

From what I can see there is 2 sensors and one that fills?
Here's a 12v version for those a little nervous about playing with higher voltages and currents .
Ke0ncp there's three bolts on the bit of conduit the lowest one is a reference (common or earth) how ever you want to put it they are all correct then the next 2 bolts trigger on and off depending which set of contacts you use on the controller the normally open or normally closed set

Wow! Beautiful work.

What kind of a cap are you going to use to keep the soil mix away from the float mechanism?

And how did you make the plexiglass dividers?
Thank you!
The cap will just be a section of the plant buckets bottom that doesn’t have any holes in it. The only holes in the float section are 4) 1/4 inch holes 2 inches down.
The idea there was to make the holes low enough to hopefully avoid roots yet, high enough to keep any sediment from under the float
I’ll post more pics today when I get that far.. lol
I just cut the dividers from a sheet of 3/16 I had from another project. The joint is just a slot cut in both halves that slips together.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Here's a 12v version for those a little nervous about playing with higher voltages and currents .
Ke0ncp there's three bolts on the bit of conduit the lowest one is a reference (common or earth) how ever you want to put it they are all correct then the next 2 bolts trigger on and off depending which set of contacts you use on the controller the normally open or normally closed set
Sweet. I had one similar pulled up on Amazon but it was much more expensive. Thx

Thank you!
The cap will just be a section of the plant buckets bottom that doesn’t have any holes in it. The only holes in the float section are 4) 1/4 inch holes 2 inches down.
The idea there was to make the holes low enough to hopefully avoid roots yet, high enough to keep any sediment from under the float
I’ll post more pics today when I get that far.. lol
I just cut the dividers from a sheet of 3/16 I had from another project. The joint is just a slot cut in both halves that slips together.

image.jpg

image.jpg
Very cool. :thumb:

Controller was about $12

20240304_005319.jpg
20240304_005402.jpg
I love that idea but, this type of set up I’m familiar with from when I had a reef tank.
The pots will be fed from a 29 gallon aquarium that, I plan on hooking up to a ph controller with a dosing pump. (My RO PH is around 8)
Water supply to that, will be plumbed to my RO filter, and level controlled by a double redundant float system off my old reef tank.
The aquarium is already drilled for bulkheads that will allow gravity to supply the pots.
The goal being to never have to water them once they are sipping.
This is all unless, I find a better way to fill and ph adjust a reservoir.

image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom