I tried a mini SIP with a yogurt container, didn't work that well...

Went back to yogurt container with a half dozen holes in the bottom. No standing water.

Takes between 14 - 21 days before the leaves reach the edge of the container And roots are visible at the bottom.

Roots Apple Betty 23 Jan 23.jpg

Then transplant into prepared hole (Pro Mix HP) in the SIP which as been precharged with a gallon of water from the top, 1g/gallon of MC.

Cheers

Growers choice for sure, but I like the small plant/small SIP combination to start as it's easier to control the watering early. You can still over-waterer them in a SIP, especially early and the smaller containers help you control that.

I use a clear cup inside an opaque one so I can keep track of the progress of the roots.
Thanks guys, I’ll see if I can’t get something put together yet tonight. Tore apart a tent and rebuilding two…*sigh*

been using the odd bit of biobizz nutes, cause i had them, ewc/kelp/molasses im at end of flower but i think i still need some feed/boost more than what my soil has,
i only used bio as i had it left, any recommendations for a feed thats i guess liquid so fast acting as meals wont become active till im finished, (chicken manure pellet bone meal alfalfa etc)
so i am looking online atm, and im checking here before i get anything, if anyone knows of a good recommendation

if link is allowed there is a link button so i guess its ok as not sales , i looked at this for a while but havent found any solid reviews so held back, on paper it sounds good, rocket fuel also saw this comfrey and this one looks really good but has no NPK values or any information farm feed? better recommendations are welcomed hehe , this is me trying to find a good feed without buying into market bullchittin

i am day 60 and it stinks in there oils running the lot,

diary link diary
imgp0006-jpg.3549831

imgp0007-jpg.3549832

imgp0003-jpg.3549829

I use a homegrown version of that comfrey product and it works great in veg but I get a K deficiency in flower with just that.
really? was reccomended for the K input isn it ?''Comfrey is especially high in potassium and is therefore ideal for promoting flowering and fruit growth.''

that feed i linked as farm feed said he bases his organic off potash as he found they need alot more to flower, but he doesnt list any npk scores or derrived from info so makes me a lil sceptical but his other products seem to be on par with whats right also, i just dont like gambling lol, i may test them all next run on a side plant, but not ready to invest hehe,
what have you eneded up using end of flower instead of confrey then ?

@smokesbetter thanks man :) azi did alot of reassuring for me , honestly my head had it all but was allover the over thinking page lol,
just looking to finish now but need a lil kick to get her over the edge,

what have you eneded up using end of flower instead of confrey then ?
I make a Jadam extract from comfrey, nettle, Fish, seaweed, and calcium water. I use that exclusively in veg along with worm castings and compost top dressings, and then in flower I've started adding some banana JLF to try to deal with K.

Still too early to tell if that's the answer but it seems better.

I'm running MegaCrop in mine
megacrops seaweed like ? or the megacrop chemical feeds?

@Azimuth oh wow u do that too. i asked on a forum about feeding beetroot and potato and no 1 had a clue lol , as a big commercial company makes feeds of all different npks from just them fermented, and they have so-many starches and sugars its unreal the amino acids in it, i got a bottle i made been made up almost 6 month i didn't dare use in-case i killed something lol ,i was all set on amazing feeds from the small farm to be told they couldn't import here anymore i cryed my eyes out,
that Rocket gro i linked i think you may like ? its a corn rye ferment bio digester with 428 npk sounds cool, i may give that a blast its basically a knf/jadam style input eh .
yeah Geoflora organic id need to import also :p

found this also high k

i used to use it, its really good stuff it outpreforms advanced nutrients, but its salt based and has some not so organic additions along with alot of organic additions unfortunately so i had to stop using them with my totally organic approach, not saying its bad to use, but i had health concerns so went so green and clean i dropped them went organic,
though i even dropped neem meals due to health concerns, so dont take it personally, my own preference, but mega does grow some easy as plants but you may find you need to add MG, there is a guide somewhere on here i think about howmuch to add with it , or may be on the :rollit: site actually, guys did some tissue analasys with it found it low in mg if u wana see it and cant find it drop me a line and ill see if i stil have the pic of the feed guide

i used to use it, its really good stuff it outpreforms advanced nutrients, but its salt based and has some not so organic additions along with alot of organic additions unfortunately so i had to stop using them with my totally organic approach, not saying its bad to use, but i had health concerns so went so green and clean i dropped them went organic,
though i even dropped neem meals due to health concerns, so dont take it personally, my own preference, but mega does grow some easy as plants but you may find you need to add MG, there is a guide somewhere on here i think about howmuch to add with it , or may be on the :rollit: site actually, guys did some tissue analasys with it found it low in mg if u wana see it and cant find it drop me a line and ill see if i stil have the pic of the feed guide
I wouldn't mind seeing the the pic if you have it thanks 😊👍🙏

I am interested in this as well :)

I am interested in this as well :)
Maybe he's referring to the MC 2 part in Jacks 3-2-1 ratios? There's more Ca and Mg in MC one part compared to Canna Coco A+B. The difference is pH stability and nutrient bioavailability.

Well here I am again..
I'm truly grateful that my wife has a green thumb. I had to leave my Trailer Trash in her care while I was out of town taking care of life and she did a fantastic job.
I had to tie a few things up but other than that she's about a week maybe 10 days to go.
It took me a couple times to get one going in the SIP but I definitely like the results.
A truly huge shout out to my wife for getting the job done.

IMG_20240309_090018.jpg

Question for those of you running ProMix with your SIP.

Are you still PH’ing your water? And if you are where to? If I do need to start PH’ing my water that’s fine. I just want to make sure I am not under/overshooting my target. My water coming out of the tap ranges from 7.8 - 8.2.

I have not been for my current grow as I was under the impression that it would buffer perfectly. However I seem to be chasing these small issues around and I want to eliminate PH as part of the problem. And for the life of me I can’t wrap my head around how to ph runoff using SIP other than flushing the system from the top and draining the water through the drainage hole and testing that, which I am not so interested in that process LOL.

I have a new PH meter coming just in case as the one I currently have is a cheapy.

Have one of these coming, I’ve used this one several time in the past for home brewing and really liked it.
IMG_2276.png

Question for those of you running ProMix with your SIP.

Are you still PH’ing your water? And if you are where to? If I do need to start PH’ing my water that’s fine. I just want to make sure I am not under/overshooting my target. My water coming out of the tap ranges from 7.8 - 8.2.

I have not been for my current grow as I was under the impression that it would buffer perfectly. However I seem to be chasing these small issues around and I want to eliminate PH as part of the problem. And for the life of me I can’t wrap my head around how to ph runoff using SIP other than flushing the system from the top and draining the water through the drainage hole and testing that, which I am not so interested in that process LOL.

I have a new PH meter coming just in case as the one I currently have is a cheapy.

Have one of these coming, I’ve used this one several time in the past for home brewing and really liked it.
IMG_2276.png
I’m dealing with the same thing as I set this sip up. I’d like to know as well before I buy a ph monitor and dosing pump.(I’m building an auto fill sip) I just bought lumber to build a stand for an external res where the RO water will be ph’d before gravity feeding to the pot res.
I did install a drain valve on the pot res so I could take a runoff sample or check res TDS.
You can see my setup in the banana jealousy link in my sig as it evolves.
Sorry I don’t have your answer but, just more questions..lol

been using the odd bit of biobizz nutes, cause i had them, ewc/kelp/molasses im at end of flower but i think i still need some feed/boost more than what my soil has,
i only used bio as i had it left, any recommendations for a feed thats i guess liquid so fast acting as meals wont become active till im finished, (chicken manure pellet bone meal alfalfa etc)
so i am looking online atm, and im checking here before i get anything, if anyone knows of a good recommendation
Hey @Pondwater , I'm reading the new 'True Living Organics' book by The Rev (just out this past week) and he has a recommendation for just what you're asking.

His suggestion is Alaska brand fish fertilizer and Fox Farm brand Big Bloom. He goes on to say those two are a great combination with high quality bagged soil like Fox Farm's Ocean Forest soil, but I've also heard good things about Coast of Maine bagged soils as well.

Back
Top Bottom