Okay, I forgot to top Jacinda, and I'm kinda happy I did. I'm thinking I'll try to clone the tops when I take them. It didn't work this winter, but I really didn't do that one right, and it wasn't kept in the right conditions. I'll change that this time if I do it. I may change my mind in the next few days.
Space Grow 10 May 2022.jpg

As you can see, the breeze wasn't cooperating when I took the pics, lol.

Lucille Skywalker
Space Grow 10 May 2022 Lucille.jpg

Jacinda the Ripper
Space Grow 10 May 2022 Jacinda.jpg

Commander Donatra - she has 9 finger leaves, and the next ones may be 11 by the looks of it!
Space Grow 10 May 2022 Donatra.jpg

Ebony
Space Grow 10 May 2022 Ebony.jpg

Growing outdoors looks likes such a blast!

Looking forward, Mel. :Rasta:
It is! I've always loved how they react when they start to go out under the sun!
I love watching plants hands up and smiling at the sun!

☀️ :)☀️:)☀️:)
Same here! They're right by the patio umbrella and chairs, one of my favourite places to relax in the summer!

Spent the day moving furniture and had a bit of an unplanned nap before I could upload these :sorry:
Space Grow 11 May 2022.jpg

Lucille Skywalker
Space Grow 11 May 2022 Lucille.jpg

Jacinda the Ripper
Space Grow 11 May 2022 Jacinda.jpg

Commander Donatra seems to have had a bit more sun than she wanted yesterday, and has a sunburn on one leaf. You can see it peeking out at the top left.
Space Grow 11 May 2022 Donatra.jpg

Ebony has decided to skip 5 finger leaves altogether
Space Grow 11 May 2022 Ebony.jpg

Hope you're all having a great day!

Ebony is really exploding now that she's getting outdoors every day. She's now as tall as Lucille and Donatra, and her fan leaves are getting pretty damn big, especially for a plant as young as she is. It'll be interesting to see how they are in a few weeks.
Space Grow 12 May 2022.jpg

Lucille Skywaker
Space Grow 12 May 2022 Lucille.jpg

Jacinda the Ripper
Space Grow 12 May 2022 Jacinda.jpg

Commander Donatra
Space Grow 12 May 2022 Donatra.jpg

Ebony
Space Grow 12 May 2022 Ebony.jpg

They look terrific! :welldone:
Thanks Shed!

Ebony is really exploding now that she's getting outdoors every day.
I was going to say! She's a freak :) They all are looking very happy. Sun glorious sun!

Got the girls out a little earlier today. Donatra and Lucille were a little thirsty, so we're getting close to uppot time. I'll be shifting Donatra into a 30 litre (7 gallon) fabric pot, and Lucille will be growing in the ground. But we still have about a week to go before that happens. I don't really have space for a 30L inside, and I'd like it to be consistently in the double digits at night.
Space Grow 13 May 2022.jpg

Lucille Skywalker
Space Grow 13 May 2022 Lucille.jpg

Jacinda the Ripper
Space Grow 13 May 2022 Jacinda.jpg

Commander Donatra
Space Grow 13 May 2022 Donatra.jpg

Ebony
Space Grow 13 May 2022 Ebony.jpg

I was going to say! She's a freak :) They all are looking very happy. Sun glorious sun!
It's pretty crazy to be this bright and warm already! Feeling like Summer out there!

Got the girls out a little earlier today. Donatra and Lucille were a little thirsty, so we're getting close to uppot time. I'll be shifting Donatra into a 30 litre (7 gallon) fabric pot, and Lucille will be growing in the ground. But we still have about a week to go before that happens. I don't really have space for a 30L inside, and I'd like it to be consistently in the double digits at night.
Space Grow 13 May 2022.jpg

Lucille Skywalker
Space Grow 13 May 2022 Lucille.jpg

Jacinda the Ripper
Space Grow 13 May 2022 Jacinda.jpg

Commander Donatra
Space Grow 13 May 2022 Donatra.jpg

Ebony
Space Grow 13 May 2022 Ebony.jpg

It's pretty crazy to be this bright and warm already! Feeling like Summer out there!
Looking nice, Mel! :)

We're going to have a bunch of rain here starting tomorrow night, but the girls are getting their first night outdoors tonight. I'll be topping them this evening, and Lucille and Donatra are scheduled for an uppot after the brief cold spot Tuesday and Wednesday nights.
Ebony is already showing pistils somehow, and combined with her fast growth that worries me a bit. It just may be the ruderalis genes, so I'll wait it out a bit. I'm hoping that they didn't screw up and send me an auto. We'll see.
Space Grow 14 May 2022 1.jpg

Lucille Skywalker
Space Grow 14 May 2022 Lucille 1.jpg

Jacinda the Ripper
Space Grow 14 May 2022 Jacinda.jpg

Commander Donatra
Space Grow 14 May 2022 Donatra 1.jpg

Ebony
Space Grow 14 May 2022 Ebony 1.jpg

By the way, does anyone know what would happen to a mouse if it ate Slug-B-Gone? Little bastard chewed a hole in the top of the bag and ate it all. Just a bunch of mouse shit in there!

Looking nice, Mel! :)
Thanks GDB!
Omg they have EXPLODED with growth!

I love how happy they look in the sun ☀️
This is why I love growing outdoors!
Just caught up my man our temps to be around the same in the Halton area? You may have told me before and I probably forgot my memory sucks
I didn't see the notification for this until right before I started this post.
Hamilton here! So yeah, temps should be pretty much the same.

We're going to have a bunch of rain here starting tomorrow night, but the girls are getting their first night outdoors tonight. I'll be topping them this evening, and Lucille and Donatra are scheduled for an uppot after the brief cold spot Tuesday and Wednesday nights.
Ebony is already showing pistils somehow, and combined with her fast growth that worries me a bit. It just may be the ruderalis genes, so I'll wait it out a bit. I'm hoping that they didn't screw up and send me an auto. We'll see.
Space Grow 14 May 2022 1.jpg

Lucille Skywalker
Space Grow 14 May 2022 Lucille 1.jpg

Jacinda the Ripper
Space Grow 14 May 2022 Jacinda.jpg

Commander Donatra
Space Grow 14 May 2022 Donatra 1.jpg

Ebony
Space Grow 14 May 2022 Ebony 1.jpg

By the way, does anyone know what would happen to a mouse if it ate Slug-B-Gone? Little bastard chewed a hole in the top of the bag and ate it all. Just a bunch of mouse shit in there!

Thanks GDB!

This is why I love growing outdoors!

I didn't see the notification for this until right before I started this post.
Hamilton here! So yeah, temps should be pretty much the same.
Awesome man do you bring them inside for rain? I was looking at the weather this morning and I was like ffs I don’t want to deal with flooding!

I’m going to be starting work in Stoney Creek probably mid next week by starting I really mean just going back to the company.

The girls are looking mint my friend can’t wait to see more so I’m subbing lol

Awesome man do you bring them inside for rain? I was looking at the weather this morning and I was like ffs I don’t want to deal with flooding!

I’m going to be starting work in Stoney Creek probably mid next week by starting I really mean just going back to the company.

The girls are looking mint my friend can’t wait to see more so I’m subbing lol
Thanks!
I'll be bringing them in for the thunderstorms tomorrow night, and the single digit nights Tuesday and Wednesday nights since they're still pretty young, but after that they'll be in 30 litre fabric pots, and supported by their training, so I won't be so worried about wind and rain until flower. If I've done everything right by that point I might be able to cover them for the worst weather.
Well, at least it'll be a familiar environment, right? Sucks to have to change your schedule, but it's better than being out of work.

Thanks!
I'll be bringing them in for the thunderstorms tomorrow night, and the single digit nights Tuesday and Wednesday nights since they're still pretty young, but after that they'll be in 30 litre fabric pots, and supported by their training, so I won't be so worried about wind and rain until flower. If I've done everything right by that point I might be able to cover them for the worst weather.
Well, at least it'll be a familiar environment, right? Sucks to have to change your schedule, but it's better than being out of work.
Ya man did it for my son as much as I’m upset that I gave up a job I really did enjoy it’s for the better for now I can always go back.

Ya think tomorrow night or afternoon I’ll rig my light so I can sit the plants on the glass was to much of a PITA to get them out of how I was doing it before. I know this is your journal but when should I consider putting my photo in a 10 gal? Transplanted her into a 5 last week I think

Ya man did it for my son as much as I’m upset that I gave up a job I really did enjoy it’s for the better for now I can always go back.

Ya think tomorrow night or afternoon I’ll rig my light so I can sit the plants on the glass was to much of a PITA to get them out of how I was doing it before. I know this is your journal but when should I consider putting my photo in a 10 gal? Transplanted her into a 5 last week I think
When she needs to be watered every day. Then you'll know the roots have filled the available space. Fabric pots won't let them get rootbound though, at least not in our growing season, so you have some breathing room. I would think late June to early July would be a good time. Let's her get her roots into the new soil before she shifts to flower.

When she needs to be watered every day. Then you'll know the roots have filled the available space. Fabric pots won't let them get rootbound though, at least not in our growing season, so you have some breathing room. I would think late June to early July would be a good time. Let's her get her roots into the new soil before she shifts to flower.
Awesome thank you :) can’t wait to try them lol but it’ll be a while cause after harvest wanted to cure for as long as possible.

So, you'll notice I didn't top them last night. I did do it today, and I uppotted Ebony, Jacinda, and Donatra. Lucille will be going into the ground, and I want to get past Wednesday night. It'll be pretty cool out there that night.
Space Grow 15 May 2022.jpg

Lucille Skywalker
Space Grow 15 May 2022 Lucille.jpg

Jacinda the Ripper
Space Grow 15 May 2022 Jacinda.jpg

Commander Donatra
Space Grow 15 May 2022 Donatra.jpg

Ebony
Space Grow 15 May 2022 Ebony.jpg

Lucille and Donatra after topping
Space Grow 15 May 2022 Lucille & Donatra post top.jpg

Jacinda after topping
Space Grow 15 May 2022 Jacinda post top.jpg

I put those tops into glasses of water, and I'm giving them to one of my neighbours so he can root them. I topped Ebony, but forgot to take a pic of her after. Her top was a bit too small to try to clone as the others had more nodes than she did. Now they all have the same. The first nodes on the others had tiny underdeveloped side branches, but Ebony's first node has fully developed ones, so I left hers alone, and removed the others.
I also started training, and that will be the next post.

Since I'm a little tired I forgot that I have a pic or two from uppotting, so they'll be here too.
Space Grow 15 May 2022 Jacinda roots.jpg

These are both Jacinda
Space Grow 15 May 2022 Jacinda up-pot.jpg

I decided to use Jacinda for the training pics because her open structure makes things a little easier to see.
First step is to make the Carhooks (a creation of @Carcass ). I used to wait a little longer to start training the top branches so that I could just attach them straight to the dowel/rod (which will come up when I continue training them into shape, not today), but after @Trala introduced me to them I realized they could be used to get started a bit earlier:)
Space Grow 15 May 2022 Training step 1.jpg

The next step is to pull the top two branches down with the hooks. If you spin the pot 180 degrees after putting the fist one in, you would e putting the second hook in the same way as the first, so they actually end up on opposite sides of the branches.
Space Grow 15 May 2022 Training step 2.jpg

Step 3, do the same thing with the next set of branches.
Space Grow 15 May 2022 Training step 3.jpg

As you may notice, I screwed up here. I fixed it later, but as usual, I did it by moving 3 of them, instead of just one, lol.
Space Grow 15 May 2022 Training from above.jpg

You want these hooks as close to the stem as possible, so it is protected from being torqued in the next steps.

Step 4 is to bend the next set of branches against the skewer holding the Carhook above, and to place another hook holding the branch so that it will be growing up into an open space afterwards.
Space Grow 15 May 2022 Training step 5.jpg

And continue doing so with all the remaining branches
Space Grow 15 May 2022 Training step 6.jpg

And that is how I begin training my plants.
Space Grow 15 May 2022 Training complete.jpg

And here is a pic from above.
Space Grow 15 May 2022 Training complete above.jpg

If there's anything you're not clear on, or if you would like me to upload a pic or two edited to highlight a step just let me know. If you would like to see a step in more detail I will be training Lucille on Thursday morning, and I will be training Jacinda sometime around then too (I've already done Donatra).

If you have any questions just let me know.

Since I'm a little tired I forgot that I have a pic or two from uppotting, so they'll be here too.
Space Grow 15 May 2022 Jacinda roots.jpg

These are both Jacinda
Space Grow 15 May 2022 Jacinda up-pot.jpg

I decided to use Jacinda for the training pics because her open structure makes things a little easier to see.
First step is to make the Carhooks (a creation of @Carcass ). I used to wait a little longer to start training the top branches so that I could just attach them straight to the dowel/rod (which will come up when I continue training them into shape, not today), but after @Trala introduced me to them I realized they could be used to get started a bit earlier:)
Space Grow 15 May 2022 Training step 1.jpg

The next step is to pull the top two branches down with the hooks. If you spin the pot 180 degrees after putting the fist one in, you would e putting the second hook in the same way as the first, so they actually end up on opposite sides of the branches.
Space Grow 15 May 2022 Training step 2.jpg

Step 3, do the same thing with the next set of branches.
Space Grow 15 May 2022 Training step 3.jpg

As you may notice, I screwed up here. I fixed it later, but as usual, I did it by moving 3 of them, instead of just one, lol.
Space Grow 15 May 2022 Training from above.jpg

You want these hooks as close to the stem as possible, so it is protected from being torqued in the next steps.

Step 4 is to bend the next set of branches against the skewer holding the Carhook above, and to place another hook holding the branch so that it will be growing up into an open space afterwards.
Space Grow 15 May 2022 Training step 5.jpg

And continue doing so with all the remaining branches
Space Grow 15 May 2022 Training step 6.jpg

And that is how I begin training my plants.
Space Grow 15 May 2022 Training complete.jpg

And here is a pic from above.
Space Grow 15 May 2022 Training complete above.jpg

If there's anything you're not clear on, or if you would like me to upload a pic or two edited to highlight a step just let me know. If you would like to see a step in more detail I will be training Lucille on Thursday morning, and I will be training Jacinda sometime around then too (I've already done Donatra).

If you have any questions just let me know.
Wow that’s a lot of roots there the girls are looking good I think when I train mine I’m going to use some 36 awg wire that I have laying around from my vaping days

Wow that’s a lot of roots there the girls are looking good I think when I train mine I’m going to use some 36 awg wire that I have laying around from my vaping days
Are you thinking of using it to tie branches down, or to make hooks?
@Stunger had some issues with wire cutting into branches when he did LST on his balcony grow this summer (our winter). I'll see if I can find the post to link it. Here we go, post #120.

Great job Mel. I can see exactly what you are doing there. Would soldering wire work? That's nice and bendy isn't it? What should I ask for at the hardware store?

Back
Top Bottom