Stage Hits The Brix! - COB LEDs & More

awesome ,got in just in time, high brix is where its at stage ,congrats on plant of the year man went to a great plant ,thia time round grow a map of america! hahaha.

Late but present. I'll be starting something here in 3 or so weeks. Nice lights. I'm stuck at 16A too but I'll get it done.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Sweet, got here just in time for the ground breaking ceremonies.
Nice upgrades!!!:thumb:
Hey OG
Good to see u here.
Kinda crowded however you can have my seat. I'm too amped to sit. .

awesome ,got in just in time, high brix is where its at stage ,congrats on plant of the year man went to a great plant ,thia time round grow a map of america! hahaha.
What's good photos?
Thanks for the compliment. I know it's nearly impossible to catch lightning in a bottle more than once unless your name is CareStaker. I have a few bubblegum in this run as well. I can't wait to see what smells the brix enhances with these strains. Welcome

Re: Stage Hits The Brix! - COB LEDs & More

Late but present. I'll be starting something here in 3 or so weeks. Nice lights. I'm stuck at 16A too but I'll get it done.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420
My man Millertm
Glad u stopped by. I welcome your eagle eye and input. I wish I had the balls to install my own circuit breakers. I think paying to get it installed was money well spent.

Good evening :420:
I thought I would make today's post about the lighting I will be using this year.
In my previous grow I ran an adjustable 600w HID w/MH and HPS bulbs. I supplemented with a 180w led.

This go round I have new lights from the amazing sponsors of 420magazines' 2015 POTY contest::cheer::circle-of-love::cheer:

Budmaster Cob X-6
LED's: Citiled S4 High CRI COB 3500k
Coverage: 80cm x 120cm
Energy Used: 306w
Input Voltage: 100 - 240v
Frequency: 50 - 60 hz
Current: 600ma
Dimensions: 31 x 49 x 8cm
Budmaster_Cob_x6_pic_2.jpg
budmaster_cob_6_light.jpg
Budmaster_Cob_x6_pic_3.jpg

Timber Vero29:
Wattage 240 Watts
Output 103 PAR Watts
Color Temperature 3000K
Coverage Area @ 18-24" 2' x 3' flower, 3' x 4' vegetation
Cooling Whisper Silent 23dBA Forced Intake/Exhaust
LED Type (2) Vero29 v2 COB 80 CRI
PAR 625 µmols
PPFD 1115 µmols/m²s
Lumen Output 19,000 LM
Dimensions 17" x 14" x 5" (LxWxH)
timber_vero29_cob_light1.jpg

Advanced LED XML350
DS XML 350
(10) 10w USA Made
Cree XML LED's
(144) 3w High Output LED's
(single chip)
19.5"L x 19.5"W x 3"H
330 watts
advanced_led_xml350_cree_whites.jpg

advanced_led_xml350_wide_open.jpg

20160611_150150_1_.jpg

DIY led tech is something I have been curious of for many years. I decided to do a dive into learning as much as I can about this tech. I have come to the conclusion that for MY grow efficiency is very important.
The light spread and spacing that cobs provide are superior to single light sources, especially when you can build an enclosure that fits your grow space.

Timber DIY Cree 4 COB kit:
200 watt CREE CXB3590 4000k DB bin.
This COB DIY kit comes with (4) Cree CXB3590 LEDs pre-assembled and mounted on highly efficient 100mm Cooliance black anodized aluminum pin cushion heatsinks.
Using Meanwell HLG-185H-C1400B power supply with waterproof quick connectors and a pre-wired potentiometer for dimming.
Using this driver I will be running the cobs at 50% of its recommended wattage. At 56% efficiency, these heatsinks will allow me to run this light without fans. IE passive cooling.
I have aluminum L shaped 4 foot bars I intend to mount these to. Pics this weekend.
timber_cree_4_cob_kit_1_.jpg

20160613_175656_1_.jpg
20160611_213349.jpg

Good evening :420:
I thought I would make today's post about the lighting I will be using this year.
In my previous grow I ran an adjustable 600w HID w/MH and HPS bulbs. I supplemented with a 180w led.

This go round I have new lights from the amazing sponsors of 420magazines' 2015 POTY contest::cheer::circle-of-love::cheer:

Budmaster Cob X-6
LED's: Citiled S4 High CRI COB 3500k
Coverage: 80cm x 120cm
Energy Used: 306w
Input Voltage: 100 - 240v
Frequency: 50 - 60 hz
Current: 600ma
Dimensions: 31 x 49 x 8cm
Budmaster_Cob_x6_pic_2.jpg
budmaster_cob_6_light.jpg
Budmaster_Cob_x6_pic_3.jpg

Timber Vero29:
Wattage 240 Watts
Output 103 PAR Watts
Color Temperature 3000K
Coverage Area @ 18-24" 2' x 3' flower, 3' x 4' vegetation
Cooling Whisper Silent 23dBA Forced Intake/Exhaust
LED Type (2) Vero29 v2 COB 80 CRI
PAR 625 µmols
PPFD 1115 µmols/m²s
Lumen Output 19,000 LM
Dimensions 17" x 14" x 5" (LxWxH)
timber_vero29_cob_light1.jpg

Advanced LED XML350
DS XML 350
(10) 10w USA Made
Cree XML LED's
(144) 3w High Output LED's
(single chip)
19.5"L x 19.5"W x 3"H
330 watts
advanced_led_xml350_cree_whites.jpg

advanced_led_xml350_wide_open.jpg

20160611_150150_1_.jpg

DIY led tech is something I have been curious of for many years. I decided to do a dive into learning as much as I can about this tech. I have come to the conclusion that for MY grow efficiency is very important.
The light spread and spacing that cobs provide are superior to single light sources, especially when you can build an enclosure that fits your grow space.

Timber DIY Cree 4 COB kit:
200 watt CREE CXB3590 4000k DB bin.
This COB DIY kit comes with (4) Cree CXB3590 LEDs pre-assembled and mounted on highly efficient 100mm Cooliance black anodized aluminum pin cushion heatsinks.
Using Meanwell HLG-185H-C1400B power supply with waterproof quick connectors and a pre-wired potentiometer for dimming.
Using this driver I will be running the cobs at 50% of its recommended wattage. At 56% efficiency, these heatsinks will allow me to run this light without fans or passive cooling.
I have aluminum L shaped 4 foot bars I intend to mount these to. Pics this weekend.
timber_cree_4_cob_kit_1_.jpg

20160613_175656_1_.jpg
20160611_213349.jpg

ooww wwweeeeeeeeee now thats some bling fo shiz

Thx photos! :thanks:
I put my HID in the attic. Maybe Ill pull it out if I need heat in the winter.:rofl:

High Duggan,
Humbly I agree, it IS a nice bit of kit n kaboodle.:high-five:

The learning curve never ends it seems.
I guess I'm best when I don't stay in the comfort zone too long to get lazy.

Hey GG,
Long time no see bro! Good to see you around the yard.
I commented to a thread on YT you had going with Icemud some time back.

Was just staggering by and it sounded like a party in here. Digging the new upgrades. Nice lighting!

Been curious about trying the High Brix myself. Rock it, dude!

:theband:

That's an especially fine selection of lamps you have! :bravo:

The Advanced XML350 has been a workhorse for me - I really like it - and the rest are all white COBs - nice!

I have a Vero18 build planned out, and I just may pull the trigger on it this summer... :hmmmm: ... do I want a bunch of lights I don't need or do I want an extra $600? ... :hmmmm: ... :cheesygrinsmiley: ... :slide:

Hey OG
Good to see u here.
Kinda crowded however you can have my seat. I'm too amped to sit. .
you sir are much to kind, but that seat should be reserved for YOU, I can squeeze in over by Shiggity
I can see why you are so amped though, WOW nice set up

My man Millertm
Glad u stopped by. I welcome your eagle eye and input. I wish I had the balls to install my own circuit breakers. I think paying to get it installed was money well spent.
Thats the advantage of knowing an electrician my friend :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thx photos! :thanks:
I put my HID in the attic. Maybe Ill pull it out if I need heat in the winter.:rofl:
Glad I was not sitting in YOUR chair when I read this, I laughed so hard I spit out most of the coffee I just drank.BRB have to grab a rag to clean up my monitor:laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom