Sweet Yet Haunted Seedsman's Purple Ghost Candy Comparative

[/DRIVEBYSLEDDOG]

I cant find the sled dog emoji any more. Wasnt there one available? I could have sworn there was....maybe not...I smoke you know?

Damping off? How? We need to tighten up your germination game sir. Do you put a fan (oscillating) on your seedlings as soon as they’re up? Everyone should be doing this if they aren’t. Aside from the benefits of keeping mold and fungal infections down there’s also a massive benefit to the entire process.

Mechanical stresses on the main stem create a more robust root system and a stronger stem while helping move air across the soil and plant which also allows for faster transpiration. This also helps to keep plants from stretching too much in flower and helps alleviate micro climates.

Is this something you deal with often or is this rare? At what point did it damp off?
Once you find a good reliable germination process I assume most stick with it. I track germination stats. Based on usual good success I normally start 5 to get 4 plants. In my limited experience some seeds are robust and some are not. Cheers

This happens in human births as well, it's an abnormality called Anencephaly. Basically everything is good except the missing parts of the brain and skull. So that's what's happened to your seedlings. They're anencephalic.
The baby's are alive up until the air touches them, then the head caves in and it dies.
Jiggi, I felt sad, then chuckled…the felt sad

Smart! Good thinking, Otter.
Now it's time to top and get some side shoot action!
Looking epic growmie
The future is looking bright Matt!
50 not good glad your on top of it !
Thanks Smokes! Mother Nature just needs to join me in wanting some warm weather!
[/DRIVEBYSLEDDOG]

I cant find the sled dog emoji any more. Wasnt there one available? I could have sworn there was....maybe not...I smoke you know?
Since they made them use and drop where ever you end, I haven't been able to find one!

Hate when that happens! Hope it wasn't a mess that YOU had to clean up.
Looking forward to the update. :)
That's sweet! I set the genny up at about 7am., did some shoveling, and made split pea soup with the Easter ham bone. I shut things down at 10pm. Power came back at 3am. Did an oil change on the genny yesterday and put it away for the next storm.

Once you find a good reliable germination process I assume most stick with it. I track germination stats. Based on usual good success I normally start 5 to get 4 plants. In my limited experience some seeds are robust and some are not. Cheers

I had a whole germinating system setup for a while until I got a hold of Jeff Lowenfels Teaming With Bacteria. Now, there isn’t much of a process for me. I take my seeds and plant them directly in my medium of choice and let them go.

It’s made everything vastly easier because as you said, some are robust and some are not. I’ve found that if a plant struggles to germinate naturally, it’s probably going to give me problems the entire grow.

I agree straight in the ground , I think it makes them stronger through the whole grow , now some old ass seed will get some pampering :meditate:

One of the big reasons for that is, there are a whole host of beneficial bacteria that live both in, and on the seed. The moment it cracks open, those microbes jump out into the environment and get to work. They establish things like a rhizophagy cycle that builds root hairs. They process nutrients making them plant available. They follow the plants demands and wind up becoming so numerous it makes it difficult for pathogens and disease to take hold. As time goes on all of these systems hit peak efficiency and the plants can focus all of their remaining energy on just growing big and strong.

It’s a beautiful process, millions of years in the making, and it begins with the seed.

AFTER POT UP WELLNESS CHECK UPDATE

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE! just a quick pic showing a sweet pot up result.

Here's the tyke. 21 days old.

Purple Ghost Candy 48 hours post pot up.

And I failed to show DLI the other day. I only showed PAR. They equal each other. 300 ppfd of PAR is always = to around 20 DLI when you're set to 18 hours of light.

With a flip of the screen I see what some others use for data.

Have a happy weekend!
What DLI do you strive for in veg, and in flower, with autos?

THE HILLS ARE ALIVE! update

Good Saturday folks! I had to let her be for a couple of days and when I opened the tent today I was blown away with how beautifully she took hold and is doing! I'm so happy I chopped her head off! ✂️Those tiny scissors went to town creating a single node of growth. The second, so I cut off branches on the first and off with the top from third up!

Here's what she looked like last time I had a chance to look 3 days ago.
Kind of sad waiting for her to catch.

Then today! BOOM! As perky as can be!

So I saved the strong node and topped above that, and trimmed off the lower branches at node one below it.

She's coming along now! Tomorrow I'll Carhook her nice and flat and begin the even auxin training.

Have a great day!

Hey there Timhomegrow i find for my autos do best during veg & flower at 40-47 DLI which translate to about 600-730PPFD but thats with my android phone with Photone app & calbrated to my light manufacure PPFD chart whether is accurate or not unsure but find anything over 47 DLI or 730PPFD the upper leaves start to curl/taco & i keep my lights atleast 24'' above the highest bud

THE HILLS ARE ALIVE! update

Good Saturday folks! I had to let her be for a couple of days and when I opened the tent today I was blown away with how beautifully she took hold and is doing! I'm so happy I chopped her head off! ✂️Those tiny scissors went to town creating a single node of growth. The second, so I cut off branches on the first and off with the top from third up!

Here's what she looked like last time I had a chance to look 3 days ago.
Kind of sad waiting for her to catch.

Then today! BOOM! As perky as can be!

So I saved the strong node and topped above that, and trimmed off the lower branches at node one below it.

She's coming along now! Tomorrow I'll Carhook her nice and flat and begin the even auxin training.

Have a great day!
she does look happier, are you topping the ends on the remaining node?

BOOM!
One of the big reasons for that is, there are a whole host of beneficial bacteria that live both in, and on the seed. The moment it cracks open, those microbes jump out into the environment and get to work. They establish things like a rhizophagy cycle that builds root hairs. They process nutrients making them plant available. They follow the plants demands and wind up becoming so numerous it makes it difficult for pathogens and disease to take hold. As time goes on all of these systems hit peak efficiency and the plants can focus all of their remaining energy on just growing big and strong.

It’s a beautiful process, millions of years in the making, and it begins with the seed.
You've convinced me to skip the H2O2 soak for my next drop. :thumb:
This post from LKA might help:
Great questions. Once most/all of the stigma have a crink on the tips and they start to turn orange/brown they're starting to mature. For DLI, I try to follow this chart for autos:
Screenshot 2024-01-08 164851.png

Hi Tim, I haven't grown an auto in a while and haven't used any DLI theory when I did. I'd assume it's the same? Maybe someone who has more experience can answer your question.
Tim, here's one of the charts for autos that's been circulating.

dli3 chart.png

BOOM!

You've convinced me to skip the H2O2 soak for my next drop. :thumb:

Great choice! I’ll drop some bacteria info real quick for anyone interested. There is no obligation for anyone to respond, I just want to share a little, especially for those lurking with questions.

If you breed yourself, or seed your own branches, you will find that your plants will get progressively stronger and more efficient the longer they’re rebirthed in your environment. Meaning, the offspring you produce will perform better with each generation as the microbes in your environment and the plants preferred microbes come together. These specific seed based microbes are often referred to as endophytic bacteria, or, endophytes. If one has read up on myco, that endo part will be familiar. It’s the same meaning, endo, inside. I remember this because to me endo sounds almost like indoor.

Even if you don’t reproduce seeds yourself, you’ll find that your plants are more resilient to pests, diseases, and stress. Every strain benefits from these microbes, however, specific strains prefer specific strains of microbes more than others. A lot of this is down to lineage.

In the soil, plants have the ability to feed the microbes it needs at any given time. So when the sun is coming up and the ground is cool, there will be a set of microbes adapted to that specific environment that stand out when it comes to performing different tasks the plant needs. The plant will stop giving carbon to inefficient microbes and begin giving it to the ones who are currently most efficient.

Here’s a shot of a plant using exudates to attract the microbes:

IMG_8168.jpeg

As the day goes on and the environment changes, the plant redirects this carbon supply to microbes that are more efficient in the warmth and light. It also does the same thing with myco. It will give carbon to the most efficient myco strain while shutting down others.

This balancing act takes place constantly. So as plants live and die in an environment they begin to collect those microbes they found most useful. I will link a study about transmission at the end that details this process.

That rhizophagy process that I mentioned before, microbes enter the plant roots, build up to a critical mass, then literally explode out of the root. This is where root hairs come from. This process by itself can supply as much as 30% of a plants total N requirement on its own. Not to mention the other micro and macro nutrients the plant absorbs from the bacteria during this process.

Here’s an illustration of the cycle

IMG_8169.jpeg

A great example of these seed microbes is modern day corn. The ancestor of corn is a grass called teosinte. Teosinte has been bred into modern corn all over North America. Early teosinte seeds contained specific endophytic bacteria that can be found, today, in all modern versions of corn, even after all of that breeding. Anyone who has used beneficial bacteria will know some of the names: Clostridium, enterobacter, methylobacterium, Paenibacillus, pantoea, and pseudomonas. All found in teosinte, all found in modern corn.

I just realized how long this post is and I haven’t really even started lol. I could keep going but I don’t think others find bacteria as exciting as I do 😂

Edit: forgot to add transmission link:

I forgot to add this. Here’s a list of known endophytes and plants they benefit. Cannabis is on here with a few other plants for those with bigger gardens

IMG_8170.jpeg

IMG_8171.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom