Worked great Mel!

Hehe, it's awesome!
First I made it too strong. 4 grams of rosen to 40ml coconut oil. 2 drops was the dose, maybe even 1 drop I forget. I just thinned it our by 4 more times and now it's more people friendly. It gives me the closest to smoking experience yet. Drops under my tongue for 2 or three minutes, then casually allow it around my mouth for a tasty moment. 10 minutes later it's Zoot city! I'm going to keep doing this!

Hi Lady C, I did and went organic also. I noticed a big price difference. Zon's Canadian brand was half price but didn't name the country source. I played it safe and got all certified organic etc.. I may have gone overboard, i'm not sure. It seems to have kept from separating. I shake it anyway.
I got held up with the order yesterday, so it had to wait until today. I'm doing the certified organic as well. I actually had a bottle of it here from many years ago making body lotions, but it smells "off color". So, safer to just get some fresh.
I'm going to press some bud today. I love doing that. LOL

@Krissi Carbone
Experimenting is in my DNA. We'll see how this goes. :)
BTW, can you come and clean/organize my garage too? Looks like you got er' down nicely! The winter here took it's toll and I've got a few piles of "I'll put it there for now, until it gets warmer". :laughtwo:

I find that if you attach a photo but don't use it, it gets stuck at the bottom. If you delete it from the attachments, it will disappear from the bottom.
Yep. She likely attached that pic twice and didn't realize it.

@Krissi Carbone, hit the preview button after you've attached your photos when you think you may have done one twice. Then you can delete any multiples. I've done this soooo many times. LOL Here's a screenshot of where the preview button is from @Joe Brewster .

Edit: just to get everything in one post, I added this later:
A little tidbit about the preview button, you can't edit from the preview. You have click that preview button again to get out of preview mode to the regular post, then complete your edit.

@Krissi Carbone, hit the preview button after you've attached your photos when you think you may have done one twice. Then you can delete any multiples. I've done this soooo many times. LOL
There's a preview button? Where can I find that?

Right here The page with magnifying glass icon is the preview button
Preview.jpg

Hi Krissi,
I hope it's ok since we are talking about making magic butter and so forth in this space, I'd like to know if anyone has used an air fryer to make magic butter. I usually keep the oil and weed in the oven for 3 x 8 hour stretches but the oven broke. I'll probably replace it with an air fryer.

Hi Krissi,
I hope it's ok since we are talking about making magic butter and so forth in this space, I'd like to know if anyone has used an air fryer to make magic butter. I usually keep the oil and weed in the oven for 3 x 8 hour stretches but the oven broke. I'll probably replace it with an air fryer.
If Krissi doesn't mind, I'll pop in on this one @Carmen Ray .
A friend of mine tried some in her air fryer and had good results.
Here's the instructions she sent me that she had found online:

How to make Cannabutter in an Air Fryer or Oven​

This is my recipe for making cannabutter with an air fryer, which also works with a normal oven. Makes some pretty good shit
youll need: 1g of bud 3 ounces of butter 2 oven safe containers any air fryer
decarb weed in air fryer for 30 minutes at 250 degrees fahrenheit in an oven safe container, with tin foil on the top. poke holes in the tinfoil for the air to get in (this is important as otherwise your weed will fly out of the cup, as it is an air fryer)
check browness of weed. if it doesnt look very brown you can put it in for an additional 10 minutes
put the butter in the oven in a seperate container and cook in airfryer for 2 minutes at 270 degrees fahrenheit
take out the butter, stir it, and return it to the air fryer for another 2 minutes at 270
pour half of the butter into the decarbed weed, and cook at 250 degrees fahrenheit for 45 minutes, with the same tin foil cover, although you can poke more holes to allow more airflow as the liquid butter mixed with the weed is less likely to fly around
once done cooking, strain the oil into a cup, and pour the other half of the butter into the original container with the original weed, and do another 45 minute cycle. this will make two batches, with the first being the most potent.
refigerate the oil into butter, and youre done

I’m glad you survived the holiday with the hubby,s family. Irish ☘️ festivus is funny 😁. Chinese food is sacrilegious for☘️ St. Patrick’s Day ☘️ though but since yer Italian I guess it’s forgivable. Was wondering why the switch from Terpinator to Humboldt? TTYL ✌🏻 Jersey n happy growing my little Italian rob friend. CL🍀
You know, to make up for it, on my menu for this week, I will be cooking a new recipe-Irish Mac and Cheese with Irish Dubliner Cheddar, Havarti, bacon and kale slaw! Sounds good, yea???!!!

Aaaand I was never on Terpinator silly! I was on FFCMag..is that what you meant?
You're Super Woman! Remember to take time for yourself and rest.
The babies are exquisite.
Hey Carmen, not super woman-if I was I would have such long hiatuaes on here! I promise I'll rest...doing it today granted I have my son with me and I need a Krissi day but eventually. My parents are actually coming next Wed for a week and a half so I'll have help around the house. And they are taking him for a day on the 2nd so I'll have an entire day (until soccer) to sleep or just sit and veg on the couch or whatever! Thanks for the baby love, I spread the word to them!!!
Highya Krissi,
HIII Bode!!!!
Love your little ladies!! And the explanation about PAR and PPFD, which seem to be discussed thoroughly elsewhere.
Yea I realized I hadn't touched on that yet in this journal so I figured, why not. Today is about feeding these 5, which I also haven't discussed yet at least if I did, I don't remember lol
Sounds like they'll be very happy in your tent!! Who wouldn't!!
I hope so!! I've never had issues before so fingers crossed we will follow suit with this grow!!!!
My biggest concern is your busy-ness. I'm curious as to why you drive yourself so hard. I used to do that and lived. Others that have, aren't so lucky. I just hope you'll be around for a long while to add flavor and spice to your gorgeous grows!!
You know I admit that a part of it is probably the years of TK in my head saying how he provides for me so much of the extra work I do now is to show him how I can still do everything and anything and I don't need him. That was always his get-me when he would f up. I wasn't working for 4 years and he held that over my head. I also think me grinding is changing how he acts towards me and towards his demons...he knows I can very well leave whenever I want now, so it's scaring him straight. I do what I have to do to survive and keep my emotions at bay so my mental state can be OK for my son. Physically, I'm tough as nails even with my ailments so working hard is not a problem for me. I'd rather be tired than stressed.
Refrigerator and garage look so much better! You did a great job organizing!! Another of my specialties. And yours by the looks!!
Yes! I picked up a side job that turned into others seeing what I do organizing so I have picked up other side jobs since. It's rewarding and instant gratification for me doing this type of stuff
I'll reiterate Carmen's concerns about getting enough rest for you, then leave it for this go round. You need to be your #1 concern to be able to take care of your family!! You can't do for them from the hospital!! Happy Smokin'
I agree and I am working on that balance we all know I stink at...but I promise, I won't let anything consume me.
I find that if you attach a photo but don't use it, it gets stuck at the bottom. If you delete it from the attachments, it will disappear from the bottom.
yea but then if have to go back and delete then re post..ugh...the extra work lmao
Worked great Mel!

Hehe, it's awesome!
First I made it too strong. 4 grams of rosen to 40ml coconut oil. 2 drops was the dose, maybe even 1 drop I forget. I just thinned it our by 4 more times and now it's more people friendly. It gives me the closest to smoking experience yet. Drops under my tongue for 2 or three minutes, then casually allow it around my mouth for a tasty moment. 10 minutes later it's Zoot city! I'm going to keep doing this!

Hi Lady C, I did and went organic also. I noticed a big price difference. Zon's Canadian brand was half price but didn't name the country source. I played it safe and got all certified organic etc.. I may have gone overboard, i'm not sure. It seems to have kept from separating. I shake it anyway.
Oh my!!! Well thanks for this Stone!!! Looking forward to a first foray!!!!! Appreciate the detail!
Thanks Bode for mentioning that. I thought about it but didn’t want to come off as too? I don’t know what the word is but you did it fine. I’m also a little baked so there’s that too. lol 😂 CL🍀
You would only come off as caring, Clover.
I got held up with the order yesterday, so it had to wait until today. I'm doing the certified organic as well. I actually had a bottle of it here from many years ago making body lotions, but it smells "off color". So, safer to just get some fresh.
I'm going to press some bud today. I love doing that. LOL

@Krissi Carbone
Experimenting is in my DNA. We'll see how this goes. :)
I'm less of an experimenter and more of a wing it-er....both serve the same purpose!
BTW, can you come and clean/organize my garage too? Looks like you got er' down nicely! The winter here took it's toll and I've got a few piles of "I'll put it there for now, until it gets warmer". :laughtwo:
Yes! Sure! Just need to get some time set apart for a trip hahahaha but I would def help if I could!!!
Yep. She likely attached that pic twice and didn't realize it.
I checked if I did but I didn't but I did di what Lady C said below...ugh...marijuana and it's mind messing up properties lol
@Krissi Carbone, hit the preview button after you've attached your photos when you think you may have done one twice. Then you can delete any multiples. I've done this soooo many times. LOL Here's a screenshot of where the preview button is from @Joe Brewster .

Edit: just to get everything in one post, I added this later:
A little tidbit about the preview button, you can't edit from the preview. You have click that preview button again to get out of preview mode to the regular post, then complete your edit.

I've done it in the past and deleted and re posted my pics and it worked so I guess this is why this has happened to me before...this time, I didn't bother to go back and change it up, time was sparse!
There's a preview button? Where can I find that?
For real...I was like, wait what?
Good question where you find that button. 🍋
Asking for a friend lol
Right here The page with magnifying glass icon is the preview button
Preview.jpg
I never knew.....
Thanks Joe. 🍋
Yep, thanks Brew!!!
Thanks Joe! I was just getting ready to do a screen shot. LOL

Edit: hope you don't mind, I added your screenshot to the original post. :)
Aaaahhhhh thank you!!
Hi Krissi,
Hi belle. Of course Carmen...you know my journals are an open forum for all!
Never, always welcome

This is my recipe for making cannabutter with an air fryer, which also works with a normal oven. Makes some pretty good shit
decarb weed in air fryer for 30 minutes at 250 degrees fahrenheit in an oven safe container, with tin foil on the top. poke holes in the tinfoil for the air to get in (this is important as otherwise your weed will fly out of the cup, as it is an air fryer)
check browness of weed. if it doesnt look very brown you can put it in for an additional 10 minutes
put the butter in the oven in a seperate container and cook in airfryer for 2 minutes at 270 degrees fahrenheit
take out the butter, stir it, and return it to the air fryer for another 2 minutes at 270
pour half of the butter into the decarbed weed, and cook at 250 degrees fahrenheit for 45 minutes, with the same tin foil cover, although you can poke more holes to allow more airflow as the liquid butter mixed with the weed is less likely to fly around
once done cooking, strain the oil into a cup, and pour the other half of the butter into the original container with the original weed, and do another 45 minute cycle. this will make two batches, with the first being the most potent.
Thanks so much Lady C!

Hello again. It's a day off for me so I started with PMs then went into my tent for some seedling care and love and pics and then decided to take this time ai have to do my last tent strain entry so that this weekend, we can move forward with the transplanting. It is supposed to rain Saturday and as such soccer will probably be rescheduled for that day and the aide job I was planning to do was outside work, so I'm grateful for a day off and the opportunity to take my time with these transplants. It could be Sunday afternoon I do them but either way, I know it's getting done this weekend and I can get a bit of a reprieve.

My seedlings get fed generally by spritz spray only although I occasionally use a ketchup bottle type squeeze bottle to squirt a couple happy outer rings of water around the edges of the pot to encourage the roots to branch out. This only happens after Day 7 above ground as I never want to overwhelm my seedlings prior to root development taking a turn for bigger and better things.

I find that 1gl per 5 seedlings is generally enough seedling feed to get me through to transplant.

With that said, we are going into a brief discussion about the infamous Gelato strain.

We are running 2 Gelato autoflowers this grow and they have been named, as aforementioned, Gina and Grace. These girls popped out of the soil 2 days apart so we have one who is a little younger. In addition, the seedling who is 2 days junior, happens to look like she may be a tiny one in comparison to her sister. We shall see. These plants always surprise me. (Oh that rhymed).

Gelato is a mix of Sunset Sherbert x Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies. It is an indica heavy plant which for all of you that know me, know I'm an Indica girl so this is going to be my go to smoke/edible.

The dominant terpenes of this strain are D-Limonene, Myrcene, Beta-Caryophyllene, and Linalool. The taste is sweet and creamy and fruity reminiscent of berry and flower fields. It is a mentally stimulating and physically relaxing, balanced sensation (I only smoked it's freezer hash but I loved it)

A strain ideal for improving mood, reducing stress and pain relief. Medical uses are not limited to, depression, fatigue, insomnia, anxiety, PTSD, muscle spasms, inflammation and migraines.

THC levels vary from 22-27%, I'm hoping that with our droughting routine, we will be able to amp this number up close to 30% and will be very heavy hitting for me when I need to come down from these busy days.

Growing this plant, the tent smells distinctly sweet with a slight grassy aroma mixed in notes of lavender, earthy and berries. Her nugs smell 100% like thin mint girl scout cookies, you almost get that wintergreen nose feeling when you sniff her. Again, my last 2 of this hermied 2 winters ago so this will be a first to come to fruition. I'm curious to see how and if that changes this profile.

Without further adieu, I introduce to you Miss Gina and Miss Grace and with that, I'm signing off this journal. Have to go play some with my son before he takes out every single toy he owns (he's already halfway there) Have a side job while he is at school tomorrow but will be home the remainder of the day and plan to catch up on all my journals later today and tomorrow afternoon and over the weekend-provided work gets postponed.

Grace is a leaner!

This journal will not have a new post until transplant day but as always, you guys are welcome to continue the conversation on the edible train cause that is one of my main goals right now-learning as much as I can about it.

Ciao!

More little cuties on the move, and the band plays on! :theband:

It's rewarding and instant gratification for me doing this type of stuff
Ha!

I've got a garage that, if you tried to organize it, would lead to your instant mortification! :)

You know, to make up for it, on my menu for this week, I will be cooking a new recipe-Irish Mac and Cheese with Irish Dubliner Cheddar, Havarti, bacon and kale slaw! Sounds good, yea???!!!

Aaaand I was never on Terpinator silly! I was on FFCMag..is that what you meant?

Hey Carmen, not super woman-if I was I would have such long hiatuaes on here! I promise I'll rest...doing it today granted I have my son with me and I need a Krissi day but eventually. My parents are actually coming next Wed for a week and a half so I'll have help around the house. And they are taking him for a day on the 2nd so I'll have an entire day (until soccer) to sleep or just sit and veg on the couch or whatever! Thanks for the baby love, I spread the word to them!!!

HIII Bode!!!!

Yea I realized I hadn't touched on that yet in this journal so I figured, why not. Today is about feeding these 5, which I also haven't discussed yet at least if I did, I don't remember lol

I hope so!! I've never had issues before so fingers crossed we will follow suit with this grow!!!!

You know I admit that a part of it is probably the years of TK in my head saying how he provides for me so much of the extra work I do now is to show him how I can still do everything and anything and I don't need him. That was always his get-me when he would f up. I wasn't working for 4 years and he held that over my head. I also think me grinding is changing how he acts towards me and towards his demons...he knows I can very well leave whenever I want now, so it's scaring him straight. I do what I have to do to survive and keep my emotions at bay so my mental state can be OK for my son. Physically, I'm tough as nails even with my ailments so working hard is not a problem for me. I'd rather be tired than stressed.

Yes! I picked up a side job that turned into others seeing what I do organizing so I have picked up other side jobs since. It's rewarding and instant gratification for me doing this type of stuff

I agree and I am working on that balance we all know I stink at...but I promise, I won't let anything consume me.

yea but then if have to go back and delete then re post..ugh...the extra work lmao

Oh my!!! Well thanks for this Stone!!! Looking forward to a first foray!!!!! Appreciate the detail!

You would only come off as caring, Clover.

I'm less of an experimenter and more of a wing it-er....both serve the same purpose!

Yes! Sure! Just need to get some time set apart for a trip hahahaha but I would def help if I could!!!

I checked if I did but I didn't but I did di what Lady C said below...ugh...marijuana and it's mind messing up properties lol

I've done it in the past and deleted and re posted my pics and it worked so I guess this is why this has happened to me before...this time, I didn't bother to go back and change it up, time was sparse!

For real...I was like, wait what?

Asking for a friend lol

I never knew.....

Yep, thanks Brew!!!

Aaaahhhhh thank you!!

Never, always welcome

Thanks so much Lady C!

Hello again. It's a day off for me so I started with PMs then went into my tent for some seedling care and love and pics and then decided to take this time ai have to do my last tent strain entry so that this weekend, we can move forward with the transplanting. It is supposed to rain Saturday and as such soccer will probably be rescheduled for that day and the aide job I was planning to do was outside work, so I'm grateful for a day off and the opportunity to take my time with these transplants. It could be Sunday afternoon I do them but either way, I know it's getting done this weekend and I can get a bit of a reprieve.

My seedlings get fed generally by spritz spray only although I occasionally use a ketchup bottle type squeeze bottle to squirt a couple happy outer rings of water around the edges of the pot to encourage the roots to branch out. This only happens after Day 7 above ground as I never want to overwhelm my seedlings prior to root development taking a turn for bigger and better things.

I find that 1gl per 5 seedlings is generally enough seedling feed to get me through to transplant.

With that said, we are going into a brief discussion about the infamous Gelato strain.

We are running 2 Gelato autoflowers this grow and they have been named, as aforementioned, Gina and Grace. These girls popped out of the soil 2 days apart so we have one who is a little younger. In addition, the seedling who is 2 days junior, happens to look like she may be a tiny one in comparison to her sister. We shall see. These plants always surprise me. (Oh that rhymed).

Gelato is a mix of Sunset Sherbert x Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies. It is an indica heavy plant which for all of you that know me, know I'm an Indica girl so this is going to be my go to smoke/edible.

The dominant terpenes of this strain are D-Limonene, Myrcene, Beta-Caryophyllene, and Linalool. The taste is sweet and creamy and fruity reminiscent of berry and flower fields. It is a mentally stimulating and physically relaxing, balanced sensation (I only smoked it's freezer hash but I loved it)

A strain ideal for improving mood, reducing stress and pain relief. Medical uses are not limited to, depression, fatigue, insomnia, anxiety, PTSD, muscle spasms, inflammation and migraines.

THC levels vary from 22-27%, I'm hoping that with our droughting routine, we will be able to amp this number up close to 30% and will be very heavy hitting for me when I need to come down from these busy days.

Growing this plant, the tent smells distinctly sweet with a slight grassy aroma mixed in notes of lavender, earthy and berries. Her nugs smell 100% like thin mint girl scout cookies, you almost get that wintergreen nose feeling when you sniff her. Again, my last 2 of this hermied 2 winters ago so this will be a first to come to fruition. I'm curious to see how and if that changes this profile.

Without further adieu, I introduce to you Miss Gina and Miss Grace and with that, I'm signing off this journal. Have to go play some with my son before he takes out every single toy he owns (he's already halfway there) Have a side job while he is at school tomorrow but will be home the remainder of the day and plan to catch up on all my journals later today and tomorrow afternoon and over the weekend-provided work gets postponed.

Grace is a leaner!

This journal will not have a new post until transplant day but as always, you guys are welcome to continue the conversation on the edible train cause that is one of my main goals right now-learning as much as I can about it.

Ciao!
Okay silly you would know better than me but I would’ve bet that you used to use something like Terpinator. I remember last year you were adding something in with your PB and not a ph adjuster. The chow you’re planning on cooking 🍳 sounds good. Is it Irish bacon 🥓 you’re using? CL🍀 :thumb: :woohoo:

Thank you very much.
Wise :love:
Thank you Krissi :)
but either way, I know it's getting done this weekend
May it go smoothly so you can rest too.

Hi Krissi,
Oven doors are easy to come off and on(if you're big and strong) and you may find a broke one, stove not door, in a scrap yard or recycle place free or close to free. They have a key to press and lift right off ones in the past I've seen. Try a search to remove and replace your oven door.

Worked great Mel!

Hehe, it's awesome!

I had forgotten which thread this convo was on. LOL
I got the fractionated coconut oil yesterday. I have 2 grams of rosin from my press. I mixed a few drops of the coconut oil that had been warmed up on a heat mat, into the rosin and then let it sit a while. I do not see any separation like I always do with the PG or VG.
So, what would your ratio be for oil to rosin? 1 part oil, to 2 parts Rosin?

I had forgotten which thread this convo was on. LOL
I got the fractionated coconut oil yesterday. I have 2 grams of rosin from my press. I mixed a few drops of the coconut oil that had been warmed up on a heat mat, into the rosin and then let it sit a while. I do not see any separation like I always do with the PG or VG.
So, what would your ratio be for oil to rosin? 1 part oil, to 2 parts Rosin?
Hi! Long wait sorry! Way more than that. Oi the math! I expect you tried something by now? Maybe without math I went 60 ml to what I had, 6ml rosen? So around there for my wife. For me because my gut to brain is crazy I use much less dilution. 3 or 4 parts oil to 1 rosen maybe. I haven't done solid math yet. Next batch I'll pay attention to that.

Hi! Long wait sorry! Way more than that. Oi the math! I expect you tried something by now? Maybe without math I went 60 ml to what I had, 6ml rosen? So around there for my wife. For me because my gut to brain is crazy I use much less dilution. 3 or 4 parts oil to 1 rosen maybe. I haven't done solid math yet. Next batch I'll pay attention to that.
LOL, I had forgotten I asked the question. I haven't fussed with it lately, but will do some more experimenting this week with it starting with what you suggested. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom