Bummer about the others not producing but I’m still going along for the ride. Whatever direction you go in with your grow I’ll be sitting quietly in the back.Good luck n happy growing. CL🍀
Thanks CL. Hopefully we can get this back on track in a couple of months.

All the best for Goldie.
:thumb:

Possibility of cloning Goldie to replace the 4 other plants?
I will definitely be taking clones to run in the RDWC, unless...
I grew mexican bag seed for years as a teenager, those leaves are far too wide/fat to be a south of the border sativa, I'd be asking serious questions to whomever sold you those beans.
She only has her first set and they just started growing, so I'll see how she grows. I'm expecting thin leaves as well.

I will definitely be taking clones to run in the RDWC, unless...

She only has her first set and they just started growing, so I'll see how she grows. I'm expecting thin leaves as well.
I was infatuated with my sativas in my teen years, the first set of any sativa I've ran never came out that fat. Best of luck, Personally I'd be in contact with the bean seller, expressing my frustrations.

Another sprout! Today is the 11th day since she was planted (4/1). They've been setting on the heat mat in the kitchen for the last couple of days, ever since I ripped the plugs open. Eleven days is a record for me, I wonder if any of the others will come out to play?

I'll put her in 4" pot too. I like choices. Meanwhile, the first sprout (Goldie) is 7 days old and working on her second set of leaves.

#VIVOSUN #LoveWhatYouGrow

I could run two in a 4x4, but you'd have to veg them a bit to fill a 5x5 running two plants. But oh what a sight it would be. :oops:

I'd just wash the soil off the other one and go. By the time you fiip them they'd be about the same size anyway.:rolleyes::hmmmm:

Congratulations on your newest grow adventurer!

🌱🐣🌱🐣🌱🐣
Thanks Trala
I could run two in a 4x4, but you'd have to veg them a bit to fill a 5x5 running two plants. But oh what a sight it would be. :oops:

I'd just wash the soil off the other one and go. By the time you fiip them they'd be about the same size anyway.:rolleyes::hmmmm:
Tempting. I'd need a couple of big totes to do that, though, as plants that size would overrun my RDWC. Besides, I already have four more seeds in pucks.

Another sprout! Today is the 11th day since she was planted (4/1). They've been setting on the heat mat in the kitchen for the last couple of days, ever since I ripped the plugs open. Eleven days is a record for me, I wonder if any of the others will come out to play?

I'll put her in 4" pot too. I like choices. Meanwhile, the first sprout (Goldie) is 7 days old and working on her second set of leaves.

Fan-freaking-tastic!! Thats really neat stuff there. Teaching the value of patience. :Namaste:

Colombian time is here.

Glad to see her come out

:high-five:

I’m having some late sprout as well, totally different environment but I agree the heating mat makes all the difference for sprouting any seed.

I think two sprouts is all we are going to get this time. They're both in the @VIVOSUN Auto Oasis right now getting about 12DLI. I'll put 'Goldie 2' in a 4" pot this weekend. They'll both stay in the Vivosun Auto Oasis for a few weeks, then I'm going to need to figure out what to do with them. If nothing else I'll find a weak light to nurse them along for a couple of months.

#Vivosun #LoveWhatYouGrow

That’s gotta be some Guinness World Record 💩! Personally I never heard of one taking 11 days but congrats 🍾🎉 it’s a girl. CL🍀 :party: :theband::cheer::goodluck:

That’s gotta be some Guinness World Record 💩! Personally I never heard of one taking 11 days but congrats 🍾🎉 it’s a girl. CL🍀 :party: :theband::cheer::goodluck:
Using this method, I usually get a seeding around day 3-5. Previously I've had one take 7 days, but she ended up being a runt (Speck - Skunk Special) that self-topped almost immediately. I checked the others today and they were not moving after 14 days, so in the trash they went.

Using this method, I usually get a seeding around day 3-5. Previously I've had one take 7 days, but she ended up being a runt (Speck - Skunk Special) that self-topped almost immediately. I checked the others today and they were not moving after 14 days, so in the trash they went.
I find a little h202 helps my seeds start right. :thumb:
Sometimes too good.
Didn't expect all 15 to fly , now I'm overcrowded. :rofl:
Hope you have a nice weekend Amigo.
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

I find a little h202 helps my seeds start right. :thumb:
Sometimes too good.
Didn't expect all 15 to fly , now I'm overcrowded. :rofl:
Hope you have a nice weekend Amigo.
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎
Hey Bill. I've never had a problem before, and I've never soaked or anything. I put five more seeds in Monday, though, and only two have popped so far. I'm starting to second-guess myself now.

The Vivohut is looking crowded, good luck taming those beauties. Have a great weekend.

Congrats on all those roots and the 11 day sproutling! :welldone:

I germinate all my seeds at 80º measured in the peat with the temp sensor from a volt meter, so I think 76º is too cold. :)
I don’t know what the temperature is but I have a chest of drawer that’s over a heat vent and I put them in there. I’m curious 🧐 now and think I’ll put a little hygrometer/thermometer in there. CL🍀

Congrats on all those roots and the 11 day sproutling! :welldone:
Thanks
I germinate all my seeds at 80º measured in the peat with the temp sensor from a volt meter, so I think 76º is too cold. :)
I agree I don't think they were getting too warm. I now think they were staying too wet due to me leaving too much water in the trays.

Do you ever solve problems that don't exist? Or change a process that's working well for no good reason? Well, that's exactly what I did. For some reason, I figured there is no harm in leaving more water in the propagation trays. What happens when a sponge sits in water, though? It stays saturated. I've been water-boarding my poor seeds. Take a look at my newest journal to see how I learned this lesson.

Meanwhile, the two Colombian Gold seeds that popped are doing well. They still don't look like 100% Sativa, though. I'm still trying to figure out where that leaves me with this grow...
20230419_085305.jpg

Back
Top Bottom