Tutankharmon - 400HPS - Soil Coco Mix - Grow

Re: Tutankharmon (pyramid seeds) 400hps, soil cocco mix, Grow

Awesome thread LA! That Blue Venom plant is absolutely stunning. My own attempt seems rather small in comparison. My next grow will start in about a month. Going to be growing Northern Lights, Amnesia and New Blue Diesel (my favourite strain). I reckon I'll be following your LST methods closely.

BTW, I've smoked quite a bit of Tutankharmon. It is a great strain. Quite a powerful smoke.

+ Reps!

When you add reputation, does it not ask you how many reputation points you want to give, because I don't see that option.

Cheers blaze, many thanks for the reps. It doesn't have the option to choose number of reps im afraid. Also thanks for the info on Tutt smoke. I cant wait, she is almost ready to go into flower now and I spotted that she's got tiny preflower pistols so definitely a lady.
I hope you do give my method a try, as it does give good results. This grow should be bigger and better im hoping and should show the full potential of the style.
On another subject I got fresh beans today, Critical sensi star and a WW. Got my sensi soaking as we speak. So ill have another journal going soon.
Thanks for the feedback my friend and happy growing.

i think the pinching method your on about is the high stress training, its not a method i have used myself so cant say how well it works, but from what i have seen and read is you get the stem at the top of the plant a node or 2 down from the top, then you give the stem a gentle squeeze and sort of roll it between your fingers just a tiny bit so the stem goes sort of limp, then it bends over, doing this then forces the plant to send hormones and nutrients to the rest of the plant while it repairs the part that was damaged, so this slows upwards growth on the top of the stem of end of branches and sends it to other parts of the plant, you can also use this method further down the plant so you can bend the plant over the same as you can with lst.

if you want to use that method then do a search for high stress training and you should find some vides and pics to show you exactly how its done.

now the other method and method i use from time to time is remove the top set of fan leaves on the top of the plant, i remove the top set then when the new set grows through i remove them as well, this method seems to work the same as fim as it slows upwards growth and allows the nodes below to catch up and become the top of the plant, so the nodes at the top of the plant get much closer togher so you end up with several main shoots instead of just the main cola, ive used this on a few strains and seems to work ok,

all methods seems to work well, topping, fim, lst, hst (not tried hst but others use it and get good results), defol etc etc, these plants seem to respond well to anything we do, so as long as the growing conditions are good then any method you choose will work, these plants are weeds and will thrive as long as the climate and nutrients are good, give to much and growth slows and you get problems, give very little and you dont have huge problems but it slows growth but its easily fixed by upping the dose or watering more often,

the main issue i find that really slows plants down is over watering, if you over water in flower growth pretty much stops until the roots get oxygen again, i over watered and buds just stopped growing and i ended up with scrappy little buds at harvest as the plant matured but buds just didnt grow as i guess the roots was struggling to stay alive then it cant support the plant so growth will obviously slow until the damage can be repaired

Thanks Donpaul, just what I guessed it to be, many thanks for the conformation. Ill post in depth post tomoz with pics as ive used the high stress on main stem. Also used your top fan removal method, combined with super cropping, defol and LST. As said will give it a write up tomorrow. Im gonna use the high stress on the limbs too at a future point maybe a week before flowering. Thanks as always to the Don!

Hey black cat 1 :)
Looking forward to your pik update tomorrow. I don't "pinch/supercrop" it scares me lol
But lots n lots of ppl do with good excellent results :)
I was thinking to mysel u may use that method with your main stem and u have
Hope ur wel buddy

I thought at 1st, you were supercropping. I pinch the tops also. I believe you are doing vertically, I'm doing horizontally (LST).

Yep cajuncelt I kind of just feel or listen to her and as Ive done so much reading on here, I think Im beginning to understand her tongue as it were. It seems so logical whilst in veg. Do what you want to her whilst she's happy and healthy. Just set her up exactly how you want before flowering.
Ive had a few beers and alot of smoke so pardon me if ive wrote crap. Lol :)
Proper post tomoz

Well it's Friday & you know how we do on Fridays.

OK, hey everyone i hope your little girls are all doing good and fine.
A little update of what's been going on.

Firstly because she was getting a little tall I've been treating her really mean. I've used high stress training on her main stem, near the top to stunt her vertical growth. This is simply pinching quite hard and damaging her stem internally. I then bent her over hard.
I have also gone a bit nuts with defoliation, but as she is happy and thriving I don't really care. She's in veg for another week at least anyway, so she'll bounce back no probs.
The LST is going as usual, tying back to the pot keeping her limbs horizontal and letting her sprout lots of new shoots upwards.
You will also see that she has had a number of big fans removed, this is simply to give the new growth beneath the light. The top set of fans were also removed to aid in stunting her. (Donpauls technique, many thanks)

So I've spanned out her limbs to the pattern I want, as some of the first newer shoots get bigger I'll tie them back too.
Along the way I keep pinching and bruising her limbs gently to promote them to fatten up, I want them able to hold lots of bud!
now the pics.

You're doing everything right , top of your game my friend !

20130914_141736.jpg
20130914_141746.jpg
20130914_141916.jpg
20130914_141859.jpg
20130914_141931.jpg
20130914_143253.jpg
20130914_143317.jpg
20130914_144951.jpg
20130914_145003.jpg
20130914_145340.jpg
20130914_145101.jpg
20130914_145132.jpg
20130914_145145.jpg
20130914_145121.jpg
20130914_152401.jpg
20130914_152416.jpg

Oh and thats my first ever go at a little clone sat next to her!

That last round of pics has me lost for words....Stellar ?

Firstly LA thanks for taking the time to follow my grow, having said that you sir are a LST master & are completely blowing my mind with your artistry :bravo:. I'll have to re-read this grow a few times to let all the info sink in. I know there are a shit ton of incredible growers on here unfortunately I haven't the time to read everyone's grows, but you sir are now my benchmark ( I should reach your level by 2025 I recon...:thumb:)
Subscribed & reps given

Back
Top Bottom