Tutankharmon - 400HPS - Soil Coco Mix - Grow

fu@#in pi@xin sh#@ty timers, damn not good buddy, such a nice looking plant as well,

im also having timer problems, these crappy mechanical timers are crapping out now as well, one minute it wont switch the lights on, the next minute it wont switch the lights off, keeps crapping out so using my phone alarm to wake up and switch lights on and off,

not good, i need to get some hid timers, these crappy waste of space and money cheap chinese crap just dont work, my digital one was made for another planet that had more than 24 hours per day, it was ok for about 2 weeks then i noticed the lights hadnt gone off and the time told me it was 39:96:00, it kept on going right up till 99:99:99 then went back to 00:00:00, so then i changed for mechanical ones and these are doing the same thing, im guessing its the surge from the hid thats causing it, digital timers are no good for cfls as they cause them to flicker when the lights are off, my fish tank lights flicker on and off a few times in the night and i noticed my cfls where also doing this, mechanical timers solved that problem but now it wont turn the hid on or off when needed.

looks like i need to find a hydro shop and get me a couple of high power timers, these cheap crappy crap just dont work like we want them to, luckily im in and noticed the lights wasnt off or wasnt coming on so could do it manually, but my plants would of ended up like yours if i was out,

so lesson learned, no more cheap crappy timers, dont even work right for cfls the digital ones, the mechanical ones of ok for cfls and was ok for the 400 hps but now it just dont work, it clicks as if it is working but im guessing somethings burnt out inside and just keeping the circuit opened or closed,

not a nice lesson to learn though, but if it didnt happen now it could happen when you have more than 1 plant growing, or could even cause a fire if the room got to hot as could blow the bulb or even the ballast,

so at least that problems out the way, just not good happening to such a nice plant like that,

hopefully i can get caught up with all these journals over the next few days,
we got some bad weather on sirius this year, they recon we got snow well into may.
the weather is ok to at least jan then its going to be the worst winter in 60years, several feet of snow, -15 temps as its all coming down from north pole, lets just hope the predictions are wrong and we dont end up with it that bad, if we do the shops will be shut, this country will come to a standstil, having snow up till may is pretty crazy, they say we will be having 3 months of constant snow if their predictions are right,

time to stock up and food and fuel and make sure we got enough to see us through, no way shops will be open if we have weather like that, roads will be closed for sure, we struggle with 1 inch of snow so 2 or 3ft is going to really takes us back to the dark ages,

well i got plenty of bud, just food and fuel now, lets just hope we dont have this crazy weather, if you watch the news you will see their already clearing water ways and rivers so clearly they are doing this for a reason as they never gone to this much trouble before, so life on sirius could be pretty damn cold for a few months.

donpaul, when using digital timers with cfl's, what cfl's have you been using? I'm currently running that setup right now, but as it's all in a box, within a closet, I don't really get a proper chance to notice any flicker. I do spend all the time right outside the closet door, however, and the door is open by about a cm, but I've never noticed any sort of flash coming from it. Might have been too small to be noticeable, but I haven't noticed any signs of revegging on my girl. So my thinking is, could it be that digital timers flash cfl's, but not enough to cause revegging (ie not really a problem) or could it be specific cfl's that react like this to digital timers?

The time of digital timers being calibrated for different universes, and mechanical timers constantly becoming more unreliable with wear&tear, IS SOON to be a thing of the past. A fellow grower and friend, Skybound, has shown me the way....the future...And by that I mean INSTEON :)

Hopefully by the summer of 2014, I will be fully integrating this system into my grow setup, completely eliminating the use for any clunky and space-consuming conventional timers :thumb:

Great stuff AG.....but I can't even use my Microwave, Mobile Phone, Calculator, DVD.....etc properly lol. Tech and I mix like oil and water lol :)

.but I can't even use my Microwave, Mobile Phone, Calculator, DVD.....etc properly lol.

that's exactly what my 50 year old mother said 5 years ago when they upgrading her office to Macs, Digital Projectors, Smart Boards, etc. Now she knows how to gain access to her work computer through a VPN on her cellphone from home!

With anything, there are definitely people like you OZ, but after that learning curve is passed, it all becomes a piece of cake. I'm sure many successful growers never had success with growing other plants, until the appropriate amount of research was done. I'm definitely an example of this, as I can honestly say I could have killed the grass on my front lawn, that's how 'brown' my thumb was ahaha :laughtwo:

The time of digital timers being calibrated for different universes, and mechanical timers constantly becoming more unreliable with wear&tear, IS SOON to be a thing of the past. A fellow grower and friend, Skybound, has shown me the way....the future...And by that I mean INSTEON :)

Hopefully by the summer of 2014, I will be fully integrating this system into my grow setup, completely eliminating the use for any clunky and space-consuming conventional timers :thumb:

Oh cool, I was thinking the other day someone should put out a product like that :) Do people use UPS's on their lights? I was thinking of getting a couple of them in the next week, seems like a good idea.

Very cool.

Back
Top Bottom