Vetsmoke Goes Perpetual With Bonsai Mothers, Clones & DIY Builds

Had a good look at GG's trichomes again tonight. Don't like all the foxtailing but the trichomes aren't where I want them. So we wait.
IMG_20210206_210758_DRO.jpg
IMG_20210206_211136_DRO.jpg
IMG_20210206_211357_DRO.jpg
IMG_20210206_210812_DRO.jpg

OGK #1 Is looking great.
20210206_215358.jpg
IMG_20210206_211759_DRO.jpg
20210206_215452.jpg

The other girls seem happy enough in the cheap room.
20210206_215421.jpg

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Had a good look at GG's trichomes again tonight. Don't like all the foxtailing but the trichomes aren't where I want them. So we wait.
IMG_20210206_210758_DRO.jpg
IMG_20210206_211136_DRO.jpg
IMG_20210206_211357_DRO.jpg
IMG_20210206_210812_DRO.jpg

OGK #1 Is looking great.
20210206_215358.jpg
IMG_20210206_211759_DRO.jpg
20210206_215452.jpg

The other girls seem happy enough in the cheap room.
20210206_215421.jpg

Hope you all have a great weekend.
Amazing

Nice work :thumb:
I'm amazed at what you can do with a little plant..
Just a quick question if you do not mind. what's caused or is causing the foxtailing and is it serious? I've never read anything on it yet. In fact I had never heard of the term before.

Nice work :thumb:
I'm amazed at what you can do with a little plant..
Just a quick question if you do mind. what's caused or is causing the foxtailing and is it serious? I've never read anything on it yet. In fact I had never heard the term before.
Foxtailing is more often than not caused by stress. Say your bud gets up into the light too close for instance, she may throw up calyxes and pistols even though the rest of her buds are finishing and going amber.

Foxtailing is more often than not caused by stress. Say your bud gets up into the light too close for instance, she may throw up calyxes and pistols even though the rest of her buds are finishing and going amber.
Thanks for that . Does it harm the quality or is it just purely aesthetics that's compromised?

Thanks for that . Does it harm the quality or is it just purely aesthetics that's compromised?
Generally its not favorable, either for esthetics or bud quality.
Sometimes its necessary to sacrifice a bud too close to lights for the benefit of the rest of the plant.

It can be genetic in some cases too but more commonly light or heat stress. I'm not positive with this one because the lights have been raised to accommodate the taller OGK and temps are fine. I'm sure I read over fertilisation can cause it too, but I could have dreamt that :laugh: If it's caused by heat/light stress it can degrade the final quality. Does make it a pain to trim and doesn't look as fancy. Bag appeal is no worry for me though.

Generally its not favorable, either for esthetics or bud quality.
Sometimes its necessary to sacrifice a bud too close to lights for the benefit of the rest of the plant.
That's really handy information, thank you. It has been written down in my note book as I have the world's worst memory. Learning every day :)

It can be genetic in some cases too but more commonly light or heat stress. I'm not positive with this one because the lights have been raised to accommodate the taller OGK and temps are fine. I'm sure I read over fertilisation can cause it too, but I could have dreamt that :laugh: If it's caused by heat/light stress it can degrade the final quality. Does make it a pain to trim and doesn't look as fancy. Bag appeal is no worry for me though.
So it wouldn't get a nug of the month award then. :laugh:
Really appreciate the info. Bag appeal doesn't bother me either. If it burns , I will smoke it

Sorry, my bad it can also be generic.

Another main factor for fox-tailing comes from the age of the plant. Considered a stressed response in a last ditch effort to become pollinated. As a result you can also find nanners at the base of the foxtails with strains that respond this way. Genetics, Heat/temperature and pH issues can produce them also. Similar to bolting in broccoli etc. Usually brought on by heat and/or drought.

Another main factor for fox-tailing comes from the age of the plant. Considered a stressed response in a last ditch effort to become pollinated. As a result you can also find nanners at the base of the foxtails with strains that respond this way. Genetics, Heat/temperature and pH issues can produce them also. Similar to bolting in broccoli etc. Usually brought on by heat and/or drought.
:idea:Ahhh! Makes perfect sense now.
I've had broccoli and lettuce bolt before. Just at a few weeks old.
Our summers in the UK can last only a few hours and you don't know what month your going to get it.
Youve cleared a few things up. Thanks :thumb:

TIMBERRRRRR!

GG came down tonight. Got a hectic week and a bit coming up with work and she looked ready enough for me so I went ahead and chopped her down. We thank you GG for entertaining us all these weeks.

Initial trim.
20210208_230415.jpg
20210208_230447.jpg

The skeleton.
20210208_230512.jpg

Hanging to dry.
20210208_230535.jpg
20210208_230606.jpg
20210208_230629.jpg

The wet weight is 583g. So that should be around my 4oz target when dry. Not bad for a 4 ltr pot and 50-65W of lighting. The yield is there so I hope the quality will be too. Stickiest plant I've harvested yet.

That's awesome, well-done!
Your notifications are going to go mental!
Going to miss GG:ciao:
Cheers buddy. I'm pretty chuffed with that result. Now the crucial part of getting the dry and cure right. I'll miss her too but she needed to let go :laugh:

Sweet harvest,Vet, and great job growing her!
4oz in just 4 ltrs of soil...that might be some kind of record- twice as good as I've ever done indoors! :bravo:

Back
Top Bottom