Viparspectra Redux: GDB's Serenity Grow

by tonight the display was much more pronounced!
It's so cool when you can actually see them change in the space of a day (or a night)
We can't quite see them grow, but day to day, the changes can be amazing...

I've yet to try the Calmag with N with that I have.
I think the N would help her- my Chocodope was yellowing unevenly like that, a generous shot of N had her green again in 4 days...

Highya GDB,

I remember you talking about not giving enough nutrients. I just discovered the same thing. I don't use commercial stuff, as I make Actively Aerated Compost Tea for nutes. So I discovered buds in the SIP looked a little small within a month from harvest. So I've been putting the tea on every two days for now, and they're getting much bigger! A big experiment this year. Next year, I'm going all SIPs. Trying to learn a feed schedule, right now. Happy Smokin'

Highya GDB,

I remember you talking about not giving enough nutrients. I just discovered the same thing. I don't use commercial stuff, as I make Actively Aerated Compost Tea for nutes. So I discovered buds in the SIP looked a little small within a month from harvest. So I've been putting the tea on every two days for now, and they're getting much bigger! A big experiment this year. Next year, I'm going all SIPs. Trying to learn a feed schedule, right now. Happy Smokin'
Live and learn Bode! :thumb:

Hello all.

It's Flip + 56 for the Serenity group and things are starting to get colorful!

Serenity 9-26-26 F56.jpg

The pistils on the Grandaddy Purple x Bruce Banner (front left) and the Slurricane (front right) are changing colors. The buds are firming up and turning into actual nugs. Those on the Slur are really hard already and the GPxBB is right on her tail!

The Forbidden Fruit still has all white pistils but there are a lot of them!

I took the nudge from @Carcass and gave her a dose of Calmag Pro (8-0-0) last night to see if I can rid her of those light green leaves.

-----------------------------

The Phase II girls are on their Flip + 12 and I'm pleased with how they're progressing.
S2 9-26-23 F12.jpg

--------------------------------------

A Note on @CarcassSticks®.

This is the first time I've used the sticks this extensively (mostly on the Fat Bastard#1) and it's been an interesting learning process. I've learned that if you're one who likes to fiddle with their plants then these sticks are the tool for you! Why? Because they lend themselves to constant adjustments and the insertion of more sticks in order to try to keep the canopy even. Indeed, once I got started fiddling with them I found it hard to stop. It was also a challenge to eventually say "Okay. That's enough sticks." The urge is to add a few more. You can nearly always find a spot where another could go! There's also the need to constantly adjust the sticks already in place as the plant grows. I haven't fiddled this much since I was in my elementary school orchestra!

But all that fiddling has led to the FB#1 having more bud sites exposed than I've ever had before:
FB1 9-26-23 F12.jpg

Maybe @Carcass should have named them FiddleSticks. :)

---------------------------------

It's so cool when you can actually see them change in the space of a day (or a night)
We can't quite see them grow, but day to day, the changes can be amazing...
I totally agree! I love watching the transition. :)
I think the N would help her- my Chocodope was yellowing unevenly like that, a generous shot of N had her green again in 4 days...
Noted and done (last night)! Thanks. :thanks:

------------------------------------

That's it for me.

As always, thanks so much for your visit!

PEACE

Hello all.

It's Flip + 56 for the Serenity group and things are starting to get colorful!

Serenity 9-26-26 F56.jpg

The pistils on the Grandaddy Purple x Bruce Banner (front left) and the Slurricane (front right) are changing colors. The buds are firming up and turning into actual nugs. Those on the Slur are really hard already and the GPxBB is right on her tail!

The Forbidden Fruit still has all white pistils but there are a lot of them!

I took the nudge from @Carcass and gave her a dose of Calmag Pro (8-0-0) last night to see if I can rid her of those light green leaves.

The Phase II girls are on their Flip + 12 and I'm pleased with how they're progressing.
S2 9-26-23 F12.jpg

--------------------------------------

A Note on @CarcassSticks®.

This is the first time I've used the sticks this extensively (mostly on the Fat Bastard#1) and it's been an interesting learning process. I've learned that if you're one who likes to fiddle with their plants then these sticks are the tool for you! Why? Because they lend themselves to constant adjustments and the insertion of more sticks in order to try to keep the canopy even. Indeed, once I got started fiddling with them I found it hard to stop. It was also a challenge to say "Okay. That's enough sticks." The urge is to add a few more. You can nearly always find a spot where another could go! There's also the need to constantly adjust the sticks already in place as the plant grows. I haven't fiddled this much since I was in my elementary school orchestra!

But all that fiddling has led to the FB#1 having more bud sites exposed than I've ever had before:
FB1 9-26-23 F12.jpg

Maybe @Carcass should have named them FiddleSticks. :)

---------------------------------

I totally agree! I love watching the transition. :)

Noted and done (last night)! Thanks. :thanks:

------------------------------------

That's it for me.

As always, thanks so much for your visit!

PEACE
looking good GDB that FB #1 is going to be a monster

I'm glad you're liking the sticks, GDB- You're sure doing a nice job with them....
That's because she's been "well fiddled"... 🤪

She sure is a pretty one, too- couldn't be any healthier..👍
All 3 of those girls are going to be awesome, come harvest time!

Good day all.

It's Flip + 13 for the Phase II group and the stretch is on. Come on up girls. No more fiddling around!

S2 9-27-23 F13.jpg

--------------------------------

looking good GDB that FB #1 is going to be a monster
Thanks con. I have "high" hopes for her! :)
I think this is your prettiest tent full yet!
Thanks so much Tra!:thanks:
I'm glad you're liking the sticks, GDB- You're sure doing a nice job with them....
I learned from a Master!
That's because she's been "well fiddled"... 🤪
Is this where I take a "bow?" :p
Great work GDB, the Serenity group are looking wonderful!
Thanks Stunger! :thanks:

Thanks for your visit.

PEACE

I like the fiddling GDB! She's a beaut! That's no gobbledygook!
I enjoyed it too, Stone. Perhaps a little too much, considering the amount of time I spent adjusting them and adding more (which would eventually need to be adjusted, as well).

It's great for a "few" plants, but if you were growing, say, 6 at a time -- geez! You could spend hours a day just fiddling with sticks! ⏱️

Highya GDB,

Serenity 2 group is looking very happy! I love how the new shoots are charging out from the canopy, making sugar leaves, and buds!! Very pretty structure, nice training! Also very happy color of green!! Happy Smokin'

Highya GDB,

Serenity 2 group is looking very happy! I love how the new shoots are charging out from the canopy, making sugar leaves, and buds!! Very pretty structure, nice training! Also very happy color of green!! Happy Smokin'
Thanks Bode. It's been fun to watch from here! I hope the fun continues. :Rasta:

I enjoyed it too, Stone. Perhaps a little too much, considering the amount of time I spent adjusting them and adding more (which would eventually need to be adjusted, as well).

It's great for a "few" plants, but if you were growing, say, 6 at a time -- geez! You could spend hours a day just fiddling with sticks! ⏱️
I've found with the staking method, you need to put a barb on the bottom of your shaft. 🤣

I use 14 gauge wire that i scrap from jobsites... they used to pull on me all the time.... barbed the bottom & they hang in great now.

🤙
20230927_182149.jpg
20230927_182155.jpg

I've found with the staking method, you need to put a barb on the bottom of your shaft. 🤣

I use 14 gauge wire that i scrap from jobsites... they used to pull on me all the time.... barbed the bottom & they hang in great now.

🤙
20230927_182149.jpg
20230927_182155.jpg
Great idea 9mm! Think I'll give it a try. The sticks dry rot after repeated use. Maybe these can be permanent. :thanks:

Great idea 9mm! Think I'll give it a try. The sticks dry rot after repeated use. Maybe these can be permanent. :thanks:
I've got like 2 dozen that have been around quite awhile. LoL

I still make em when necessary, some longer & shorter.

Work like a champ 👍

I've got like 2 dozen that have been around quite awhile. LoL

I still make em when necessary, some longer & shorter.

Work like a champ 👍
Hmm.

I hadn''t thought about the length. The CarcassSticks® have the advantage of being height-adjustable. 🤨

Back
Top Bottom