Xlr8's Hydroponic Adventures & Photos From The Garden - 2012

OldMedMan said:
HI X.:high-five:

I'm still back at the Rapid Rooter page. I've seen them is stores, but never looked closely at them. I understand all you said about your germinating method . Since I've never used one, I have probably a dumb question, but here goes......The sprout is up and the roots show through the bottom and sides. What do you do with them then? Just stick the whole thing in the soil or what? Thanks. OMM. :Namaste:

Hi OMM,

Yes, exactly. They just get transplanted into soil or hydro medium, soil in your case. Just stick the whole thing in there and bury it in soil up to the top of the rooter plug. :)

Hope you and Jo weathered the storm okay!

Re: Xlr8's Hydroponic Adventures and Photos from the Garden - 2012

Hi OMM,

Yes, exactly. They just get transplanted into soil or hydro medium, soil in your case. Just stick the whole thing in there and bury it in soil up to the top of the rooter plug. :)

Hope you and Jo weathered the storm okay!

We made it OK My little town suffered much damage though.

Well cool! Heading to the Hydro Store. :surf:

Thanks X.

We made it OK My little town suffered much damage though.

Well cool! Heading to the Hydro Store. :surf:

Thanks X.

No prob my good friend! Hope they work as well for you as they have for me! Glad you weathered the storm okay, bummer that there was damage around you like that, though. :)

Fairly frequently, people ask about getting more participation in their journals as it can be slow going when you first join and start a journal. I remember being frustrated by this my first journal, too, and consequently I almost never journaled again. Alaskan1 (I really hope you don't mind me sharing this) posted a question about getting greater participation in his journal, and this is a great question that many have.

I thought these ideas might be helpful to others as well, so I'm re-posting it here as well:

• Post frequently, to keep it at the top of the "current threads" list. It might help to post updates during "prime time" hours, so to speak.
  • Post pictures often, close-ups rock. Everyone's journal gets more popular in flower... Everyone loves pics of cannabis flowers!

• Be out and about, participate in other journals and comment, believe me many will want to know who the nice guy is that complimenting their efforts or offering encouragement. Even better give people reputation points for their accomplishments or efforts. And they will be guided to check out your journal if you have slink in your signature.
  • Have an obvious, bold link to your journal in your signature
  • When you can, participate in contests (nug of the month, plant of the month,etc)
  • Find a cool, original pic for your avatar
  • Ask someone knowledgeable and popular to check out your journal when you have a question or need going on there that they may be able to help with. I get asked to check out people's journals this way sometimes, and people like to help. It's always good to have good growers and advice in your journal - it will attract others as well.
  • Do you feel like you have a talent or skill that others could benefit from as it relates to growing? Post it in your journal - it will come up in people's searches and bring them by your journal. For example, I think I'm going to put a copy of this reply post and topic in my journal in case it helps someone else, too.
  • Perhaps most importantly, be patient and write your journal to help yourself next time. It will help you down the road if you have good notes and pics in your journal, so value yourself as the most important audience member. It takes time for people to get to know you and find you. Remember the hidden audience too - a lot more people follow then participate, sometimes they come out of the woodwork only once they feel they have something to say. It will come!

On that note, I'd love to hear any other thoughts/ideas on boosting journal participation if someone wants to add to these thoughts/ideas. Did I miss some things?

Oh, and check out Alaskan1's grow when you get a chance - he's a great guy who has a Flo N Gro like me, and some of the sweetest strains of cannabis going on the site - and a damn niced grow room! :thumb:

Alaskan1's Flo N Grow Mixed Bag Grow

:bong:

this is probably the best thread i came across in a long while.. in a "any category subject" threads.

man, i cant even grasp all the stuff i've read on this 17 pages, but im beginning to..

i gave you guys +reps, xlr8, mr kip, smith and cant remember more for the stuff you've said.
the light regime really hitted me, and i will definetly try glr on my next grow since i have some sativa dominant seeds near me.

xlr8, your autoflower Big Bang pic had my jaw dropped :welldone:

i see i have a lots of journals to read, i've subbed to more than a few me thinks. its going to be ming boggling :)

man, and its kinda funny and ironic.. when i was on the 8th or 9th page, a thought cross my mind. im running my 1st journal as my 1st grow with just me init at the moment haha :D and i thought nevermind that, im alone init for now, ill keep posting pics and updates as much as often i can, and hopefully things will work out for me being alone :cheer:
and there you are and your 245 post in this thread.

really nice closure for my day today, thanks to this thread. peace :high-five:

@ wild1, what grow method are you using, ive just started a journal using cfls, chances are your not using cfl's but if you are then we could compare the grows and work out whats best. xlr8 has given me loads of help and advice and reps to him for taking the time out to look at my journal and point me in the right direction,

im stilly trying to grasp it all :)

@paul, no, im using HPS from the start. for next time ill see what ill decide for veg, either cfl's or mh.
good luck with your grow :joint:

sorry for hijacking a bit :Namaste:

Anyone have any tips on how to keep up with 420 journals?! My reading teachers from back in the day would never believe how much of it I've been doing.

Geez, hey X...

Your one of the few around this place that keeps me smiling and excited...hey now!

Yeah, so how about those Broncos?

I like your male parts, I meant PLANT...dang it!

The Girls are real nice, sexy!!! I like girls...a lot.

Fairly frequently, people ask about getting more participation in their journals as it can be slow going when you first join and start a journal. I remember being frustrated by this my first journal, too, and consequently I almost never journaled again. Alaskan1 (I really hope you don't mind me sharing this) posted a question about getting greater participation in his journal, and this is a great question that many have.

I thought these ideas might be helpful to others as well, so I'm re-posting it here as well:

• Post frequently, to keep it at the top of the "current threads" list. It might help to post updates during "prime time" hours, so to speak.
  • Post pictures often, close-ups rock. Everyone's journal gets more popular in flower... Everyone loves pics of cannabis flowers!

• Be out and about, participate in other journals and comment, believe me many will want to know who the nice guy is that complimenting their efforts or offering encouragement. Even better give people reputation points for their accomplishments or efforts. And they will be guided to check out your journal if you have slink in your signature.
  • Have an obvious, bold link to your journal in your signature
  • When you can, participate in contests (nug of the month, plant of the month,etc)
  • Find a cool, original pic for your avatar
  • Ask someone knowledgeable and popular to check out your journal when you have a question or need going on there that they may be able to help with. I get asked to check out people's journals this way sometimes, and people like to help. It's always good to have good growers and advice in your journal - it will attract others as well.
  • Do you feel like you have a talent or skill that others could benefit from as it relates to growing? Post it in your journal - it will come up in people's searches and bring them by your journal. For example, I think I'm going to put a copy of this reply post and topic in my journal in case it helps someone else, too.
  • Perhaps most importantly, be patient and write your journal to help yourself next time. It will help you down the road if you have good notes and pics in your journal, so value yourself as the most important audience member. It takes time for people to get to know you and find you. Remember the hidden audience too - a lot more people follow then participate, sometimes they come out of the woodwork only once they feel they have something to say. It will come!

On that note, I'd love to hear any other thoughts/ideas on boosting journal participation if someone wants to add to these thoughts/ideas. Did I miss some things?

Oh, and check out Alaskan1's grow when you get a chance - he's a great guy who has a Flo N Gro like me, and some of the sweetest strains of cannabis going on the site - and a damn niced grow room! :thumb:

Alaskan1's Flo N Grow Mixed Bag Grow

:bong:

This paid advertisement was brought to you by Alaskan1's Grow Operation and all subsidiaries. All offers made in this promotion are null n void in some states ( you just have to guess which ones)
Remember, only one coupon per person

Ok, so enough with the funny stuff.
+reps go to X.
I just want a good journal people enjoy and if they see me fuckin something up or have a better way to do something they let me know.
Being a master mechanic I have trained one or two youngins in my life. We all need to learn somewhere and we all need help at some point.
One day I hope to be able to help someone on this forum who needs it. What you all pass along to me now will be passed along by me later.
:peace: out

Anyone have any tips on how to keep up with 420 journals?! My reading teachers from back in the day would never believe how much of it I've been doing.<snip>

I use the User CP to keep up with all the new posts/replies to journals to which I am subscribed. I just click the little arrow by the last poster's name and am taken to the new posts. It shows only those which have been recently updated, so it's quite handy. Once in your User CP, bookmark it for easy access from your browser.

420 Magazine ® - User Control Panel

this is probably the best thread i came across in a long while.. in a "any category subject" threads.

man, i cant even grasp all the stuff i've read on this 17 pages, but im beginning to..

i gave you guys +reps, xlr8, mr kip, smith and cant remember more for the stuff you've said.
the light regime really hitted me, and i will definetly try glr on my next grow since i have some sativa dominant seeds near me.

xlr8, your autoflower Big Bang pic had my jaw dropped :welldone:

i see i have a lots of journals to read, i've subbed to more than a few me thinks. its going to be ming boggling :)

man, and its kinda funny and ironic.. when i was on the 8th or 9th page, a thought cross my mind. im running my 1st journal as my 1st grow with just me init at the moment haha :D and i thought nevermind that, im alone init for now, ill keep posting pics and updates as much as often i can, and hopefully things will work out for me being alone :cheer:
and there you are and your 245 post in this thread.

really nice closure for my day today, thanks to this thread. peace :high-five:

Thanks brotha! :thanks:

I'm really glad if you've found some things helpful here - it's really the heart of why I wanted to keep a journal again... I've learned so much here, and I really hope that some of that in turn can be helpful to others. That Big Bang Auto was a beast, huh?! I entered it in Plant of the Month, and it got quite a few votes - I believe I took second or third that month with it, which is pretty good for an autoflower plant! There are some amazing growers and plants here, though, so those competitions are really tough. :)

If you find some of the info in this thread useful -- I also post some of what I think are the best "nuggets" from my journals in my blog so check it out if you have time:

Xlr8's Blog

I appreciate the reps, and the kind words. I'll have to check out your journal - you have the right idea if you are thinking of your future self as the most valuable benefactor of your journal efforts. :)

keep up the good work, i want to know how the breeding goes

@ wild1, what grow method are you using, ive just started a journal using cfls, chances are your not using cfl's but if you are then we could compare the grows and work out whats best. xlr8 has given me loads of help and advice and reps to him for taking the time out to look at my journal and point me in the right direction,

:thanks: I sincerely appreciate the reps and the kudos. :high-five:

Anyone have any tips on how to keep up with 420 journals?! My reading teachers from back in the day would never believe how much of it I've been doing.

Geez, hey X...

Your one of the few around this place that keeps me smiling and excited...hey now!

Yeah, so how about those Broncos?

I like your male parts, I meant PLANT...dang it!

The Girls are real nice, sexy!!! I like girls...a lot.

Ahem.... OMG, AWK-warrrrrd. ;)

"Those aren't PILL-OWS!!!"

On a more serious note, nice to see you Sisco! :high-five:

You are reeeeally going above and beyond with everything :Namaste:

You are always trying new things (i.e. cloning, coco, diy etc)...and the best part is you give solid reviews of pros and cons of almost everything you've tried out with success!!!:Namaste:

I'd rep you 10x everyday if I could...:love:

Back
Top Bottom