Away's Second Grow - DIY - Mars II TopLED 400W (80x5W) - 2015

I know i just posted pictures lol, but today i managed to get some without the lights on so figured i'd share ;)

IMG_35634.JPG

CK

IMG_35648.JPG
IMG_35655.JPG
IMG_35666.JPG

HGK

IMG_356710.JPG
IMG_35687.JPG
IMG_35697.JPG
IMG_357010.JPG

Hope you're all doin good ;)

Both of your ladies looking very pretty. The nug structure is so different between the two, but they both look absolutely awesome, and very frosty :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Like LA said, you got some frosty ass meds coming your way!!! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hey there Away, just stoping by to say...... Nice lookin buds there buddy, you got it going on there.

I noticed your hand size bud your supplier gave you. He's holdin the bigg'ns back, did he show you?? Anywho, in a little bit you will have a much larger cola from your HGK (I think thats the one), and maybe even the side Cola's will be larger. Dont be afraid to let them run past the due date. The date is only your guideline, my. My last grow I let a few girls go 2 extra weeks and I mean until they stopped drinking water but before hermie! My yields were 2x the early cut same plants, the nugz will pack on weight and get fat not really longer but fatter and heavier. Just a little food for thought there. Every strain is different we know but I suggest keeping an open mind on the harvest date. You may be pleasantly surprised.

Man I've been where you are. Getting meds from my bud and growing at the same time VERY VERY VERY difficult time indeed. Try and be patient, its hard not to dip it, and dont forget you need to jar and cure at least a few weeks.

My last harvest was picked 1/1/15 and the nugs are still getting better and a little stronger, but more important the TASTE and SMELL have really mellowed and smoothed out. Yours will do the same.

I really like your black and white photos there, great idea.

Cheers/keep it green!

BB

Lol bubbas = babies :) sorry my UK slang :)
Hahah oooh! :) learn something new everyday :)
Happy FreeWeed day and plant is looking Happy :thumb:
Thx my brother! ;) to you too (sunday now tho xD)
Both of your ladies looking very pretty. The nug structure is so different between the two, but they both look absolutely awesome, and very frosty :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Like LA said, you got some frosty ass meds coming your way!!! :cheesygrinsmiley:
Thanks man! I'm pleased they got so different structure, it gives me the chance to see some different things in 1 grow ^^
Cant wait to see how the new ladies turn out ^^
Hey there Away, just stoping by to say...... Nice lookin buds there buddy, you got it going on there.

I noticed your hand size bud your supplier gave you. He's holdin the bigg'ns back, did he show you?? Anywho, in a little bit you will have a much larger cola from your HGK (I think thats the one), and maybe even the side Cola's will be larger. Dont be afraid to let them run past the due date. The date is only your guideline, my. My last grow I let a few girls go 2 extra weeks and I mean until they stopped drinking water but before hermie! My yields were 2x the early cut same plants, the nugz will pack on weight and get fat not really longer but fatter and heavier. Just a little food for thought there. Every strain is different we know but I suggest keeping an open mind on the harvest date. You may be pleasantly surprised.

Man I've been where you are. Getting meds from my bud and growing at the same time VERY VERY VERY difficult time indeed. Try and be patient, its hard not to dip it, and dont forget you need to jar and cure at least a few weeks.

My last harvest was picked 1/1/15 and the nugs are still getting better and a little stronger, but more important the TASTE and SMELL have really mellowed and smoothed out. Yours will do the same.

I really like your black and white photos there, great idea.

Cheers/keep it green!

BB

Hey thanks for your 2 cents bro, appreciate it! ;) And i will take your advice into consideration man.
I harvested my last plant way too early, she suffered so hard that there was practically no effect, only a slight lemon taste and besides from that nothing at all lol. yield sucked too. So yeah this time i gotta be patient man, really want this one to be a success!
About the big bud - Yes, he is deffinately holding back the big ones haha! I have seen his entire opperation but the stash. I dont know where he keeps that. But i've seen his flowering room a week before harvest, and the one im holding in the picture is probably just a side branch :) but to me its amazing :rofl:
I kind of like the B/W pics too, thanks! :)

The girls are on day 7 of week 8 today. So tommorow starts week 9. These girls are supposed to be 8-9 week strains, but i know they need more under LED so im just holding back the scissors. I'm checking trich's as well everyday :) Today they are mostly cloudy some are still clear tho, practically no amber on either of them yet, only few here or there. So still a while to go for sure.

I am starting to suspect the CK will be the first one to get chopped. The leaves on her is starting to die off, all the way from top to bottom. the HGK is still looking fairly green all over ;)

Yep Its Skunkday Have a Good one Brotha :thumb:
my hgk is in the lights been trying to super crop it but once the afgooey comes out i can bend the hgk and the sour diesel over a bit :rofl:

Wait for the girls to stop up-taking water... that's a good sign they are ready. Some strains don't go amber until WAY late if ever so don't always go by color of trichomes (unless you are shure) as that is again strain dependent. Cannabis will stop up-taking water at the end of life tho. Good luck - see if you can get trichome pics and share ....

But they do get cloudy.

Alright guys, today i flushed both the girls with just water.

IMG_35867.JPG

So far i'm planning on harvesting the CK at the point i feel she is dry enough.

The HGK im still unsure about, she's still quite green on the leaves, so i might give her another round of water when i harvest the CK, and let her sit another week.

Anyway i tried to do some trich pictures but only 1 turned out so that u can actually sence what the hell its a picture of hahah :)
Its a picture taken from the CK

IMG_35748.JPG

The Critical Kush ( CK )

IMG_35754.JPG
IMG_35765.JPG
IMG_35776.JPG
IMG_35788.JPG
IMG_35793.JPG

The Holy Grail Kush ( HGK )

IMG_35808.JPG
IMG_358110.JPG
IMG_35827.JPG
IMG_35838.JPG
IMG_35848.JPG
IMG_35858.JPG

HGK leaf on the left, CK on the right

IMG_358710.JPG

Hey there Away - whats in your soil mix there with the young'ins? I see some leaf curl and yellowing tips which is a sign of burn = soil too hot. Trim off the yellow parts of the leaves with trimmers and leave the green.

I'd mix in some more EWC into your soil say 30-40% and you'll be golden. I'm using MarsII lamps as well so its not light burn (my lights are at 4-6" from the tops (go take a look at my journal last page pics from yesterday).

Cheers,
BB

looking good. I got the same type of problem as your critical kush from my light being too close to my plants.

Honestly to me it doesnt look like lightburns. And nuteburns is just out of the question, because this is the cleanest soil i could find anywhere. its potting soil from the supermarket :p never had any problems with that... so im honestly feeling lost as to what it could be causing it :eek:
At this point im not worried tho, she's still progressing and im sure she'll manage to overcome this. And if not she probably wasnt that strong anyway ;)

I'd still like to know why this is happening and why only to one of them though :)

Back
Top Bottom