Donpaul.p's Latest 400 Watt HPS Grow

hi all,
sorry for the long gap between updates but my daughter was in hospital a week ago so was stuck at hospital with no internet then when i get back i been busy fitting new carpet in the kids bedrooms so not had chance to update my journal, ill get you all some pics tomorrow and you can see how things are going.

my plants are all still on 11/13, 11 off, 13 on and everything seems to be going ok, the sensi star which is a lot further into flower seems to be responding well to it as the buds are fatter than any previous grow and its the same clone ive always used, the buds dont seem as long but thats more to do with the training i did to keep it a nice fat bush instead of letting it get taller.

the dragons breath plant which ive had over a year is looking pretty amazing, this is the plant i had in suspended animation under cfls for about 6 months as i didnt have room for it, plus the pot it was in was to small so when i transplanted it the plant exploded with growth, i had used hst on it to keep it from getting to big in veg and then when i put it under the hps and in a new pot it grew like crazy so looks like its going to produce very well, its now in flower so ill put some pics up tomorrow.

my own pheno selected kc45 auto is also getting huge under 11-13, its only just shown sex so not even in full flower yet and its a nice size so should again yield well this time round.

my flower room is full and plants are squeezed in so not much room for them to grow but luckily they have all stopped their upwards growth and are not in early flower so should just about get away with it.

ive also planted some new seeds, white skunk, bc purple bud or something along them lines, the other is kc brains brain damage, ive taken clones from the following,
big buddha cheese, im hoping this will be a different pheno to the last cheese i grew so ill see how it turns out,
took clone from sensi star.
took clones from blue mystic.
took clones from super skunk
took clones from snow bud and also from samsara love potion, not sure if ill keep these as for some reason these 2 plants seem to be having a problem, their fed the same as the others but the leaves are not a nice dark green colour, instead both of these are a light green, ive tried upping the flower nute dose and it just burns the edges of the leaves, ive tried lowering the dose as well and both of these plants continue to grow well but look a much lighter colour of green, ill show you tomorrow what i mean.

ill take 1 pic of the dragons breath now so you can at least have 1 pic to look at,

pics uploading of the dragons breath, ill take pics of the others tomorrow and get them posted, just thought id show you how this dragons breath turned out,
it was heavily abused when it was young, it was left in veg for months and was in a pot that was way to small, but as soon as i transplanted it and started feeding it what it should be having it turned into the fastest growing plant ive had, so clearly letting the plants get root bound before transplanting really pays off, i know it means you dont end up wasting half the grow medium as growing in just 1 pot means the roots grow strait to the bottom then they circle around the bottom, but letting them get root bound to some extent before transplanting means the roots are using all the grow medium so this should mean better growth and bigger yields,
at least this is the impression i get when i use this method, its just not worth doing with autos though

heres the pics,
dragons breath, its easily getting on 12 months old but i kept it small using 1 cfl bulb which meant growth was pretty much none existent, i did a lot of hst on this plant and then when i transplanted it i just let it grow with no training and its turned into a very nice plant
20140126_214926.jpg

20140126_214935.jpg

20140126_214947.jpg

20140126_214954.jpg

20140126_215009.jpg

20140126_215016.jpg

20140126_215024.jpg

20140126_215033.jpg

20140126_215043.jpg

Thanks LA, im shocked its turning out so good as it was nearly throw in the bin as i just didnt have room for it, it might give poor results but everythings looking ok on it so far, it stinks already so hopefully it forgives me for the harsh treatment i gave it,

Nice update dp, definitely good to see you around, and sorry about your daughter. That's a good looking girl you have there, looks like it will be a good producer, which I can also say of the AK X UK Cherry Cheese genetics, some fat colas on mine!

Hey DP, one of the cheese mixed is definitely a female! :). So ill get one for sure. Some are looking a bit lanky now so they may be males but i got one for sure!

heres the pics,
dragons breath, its easily getting on 12 months old but i kept it small using 1 cfl bulb which meant growth was pretty much none existent, i did a lot of hst on this plant and then when i transplanted it i just let it grow with no training and its turned into a very nice plant
20140126_214926.jpg

this brings up a topic i'm curious about: can the vegetative cycle ever be too long? i've read so much stuff the last few weeks i've lost track of what and where, but somewhere i read that with extended vegetative growth, growth auxins build up in the tips to a degree that there can be a blunted flowering effect once flipped.

lots of people grow mothers for extend periods of vegetative growth and then let them eventually mature and they seem to do well, much like your plant, but most of the time those plants were inhibited from ongoing vegetative growth by pruning and container size. they were kept in a time/growth warp. i'm curious if there is an "infinity" capability to the plant, where if provided appropriate growth space, root space and nutrients, and the appropriate vegetative light pattern, would the plant just continue a linear growth pattern that would lead to that much more yield at harvest once a flowering pattern was initiated? and if not, where is the line crossed where length of veg becomes inhibitory? 6 months, a year, two years?

anyway, sorry for the digression. subbed, even if it is late in the game. i'll be going back and catching up on the rest of the thread

this brings up a topic i'm curious about: can the vegetative cycle ever be too long? i've read so much stuff the last few weeks i've lost track of what and where, but somewhere i read that with extended vegetative growth, growth auxins build up in the tips to a degree that there can be a blunted flowering effect once flipped.

lots of people grow mothers for extend periods of vegetative growth and then let them eventually mature and they seem to do well, much like your plant, but most of the time those plants were inhibited from ongoing vegetative growth by pruning and container size. they were kept in a time/growth warp. i'm curious if there is an "infinity" capability to the plant, where if provided appropriate growth space, root space and nutrients, and the appropriate vegetative light pattern, would the plant just continue a linear growth pattern that would lead to that much more yield at harvest once a flowering pattern was initiated? and if not, where is the line crossed where length of veg becomes inhibitory? 6 months, a year, two years?

anyway, sorry for the digression. subbed, even if it is late in the game. i'll be going back and catching up on the rest of the thread

People have mothers for years at a time if they really want to. I think the most I've heard of is something like 5 years but it could be bullsh**.

DP where are you? :wood:

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom