Duggan Does Black Cherry Punch & Star Pupil With Doc's Gear!

Gotcha.....thanks for the explanation brother. Yeah I definitely try to watch my MG levels in my own soil. Try to keep it at about a 7:1 Cal:Mag ratio. I have started to do just a little top dressing with some seabird guano a couple times throughout the grow to give a little extra calcium without the additional Mg along with the extra "P". I do have a bottle of Cal Mag but I hate using anything in a bottle if I don't have to. Only times I have really even had to use it is if I run them in smaller pots and then last grow when I had to veg a month longer than I wanted to because of the Borg.

Great info and great pics brother. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Damn duggs, those girls look great. Looks like you can chop anytime. Great structure, big dense nugs:Namaste::goodjob::bravo::welldone::drool::cough:

Hey Buck ,..great afternoon to ya man!:passitleft:
Chop will be in two weeks from yesterday!!! That's my next window of opportunity (no boys).
My filter is again straining to keep up to the intense aromas in my GR.....well,..i gotta give it some leeway there,..after all it's almost 6 yrs. old.:adore::adore: My Can #33 coupled to an Ostburg 6 inch inline exhaust fan!! What a fantastic combination. I highly recommend this pair ,and run it at between 70-80% NOT 100% !!.
Cheers bud!:high-five:

Hey gang...just a quick tip for those who are wondering OK!!! with last nights time change (we lost an hr. sleep..Bahhh!)
leave your timers and controllers the same ..do NOT mess with them OK...leave them be on the old time! live with the inconvenience if there is any...do NOT disrupt their photoperiod to suit you..leave them be .
Cheers gang!

Thanks for the update pics Duggan! Looking sooo very good

:bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo:

regarding that thing you said about reluctance to go amber (which sounds great to me bc it suggests High Brix THC doesn’t degrade easily)... so what do you look for in the plant to decide on harvest? (So not just you window of opportunity in the life schedule).
Do you usually find that breeders timelines are an accurate guide?

Coupla different questions there. My girls are almost at the breeders timeline but I have heaps of white pistils still and am not seeing the usual ‘turn’ in them - some are going brown and curling back, but many still look fresh - leaves still good too on one plant in particular... just curious
:rollit:

regarding that thing you said about reluctance to go amber (which sounds great to me bc it suggests High Brix THC doesn’t degrade easily)... so what do you look for in the plant to decide on harvest? (So not just you window of opportunity in the life schedule).

Coupla different questions there. My girls are almost at the breeders timeline but I have heaps of white pistils still and am not seeing the usual ‘turn’ in them - some are going brown and curling back, but many still look fresh - leaves still good too on one plant in particular... just curious
Hey there Amy!! I'm sure Duggs will say his piece as well, but from what I have seen Doc type out:
1: No new pistils
2: Calaxes start to swell/ pistils are receding
3: Not using as much water

Pretty sure he said thats when you're in the harvest "window".

Hey there Amy!! I'm sure Duggs will say his piece as well, but from what I have seen Doc type out:
1: No new pistils
2: Calaxes start to swell/ pistils are receding
3: Not using as much water

Pretty sure he said thats when you're in the harvest "window".
Cool thanks - I kinda thought that about the pistils, but had forgotten that water thing. They’re still drinking hard so that’s something to watch...
cheers Dj
:thumb:

I wait till they stop drinking water, that's a good sign they're done. Also I wait for the pistils turn to hairs and swell. After a while I just go by gut feeling, that time frame breeders give out is usually short by a couple weeks. They do that to sell seeds lol

Very good question Amy. I only use the breeder times as a guideline ,ONLY. I always harvest after most or near all of the pistils have turned brown and have receded back to the calyx. This is when most of the gland heads are full and ripe. If your plants still have mostly fresh , white pistils ,..she's NOT ready yet. What i used to tell growers is,..when you think it's ready..give her another week ,..or two! That's when a lot of the nice turps and resin is at it's best ...the very last two weeks is when a lot of the weight is put on. Cheers woman...have a great night eh! on my way to play hockey...later Amy and gang!

I wait till they stop drinking water, that's a good sign they're done. Also I wait for the pistils turn to hairs and swell. After a while I just go by gut feeling, that time frame breeders give out is usually short by a couple weeks. They do that to sell seeds lol
Very good question Amy. I only use the breeder times as a guideline ,ONLY. I always harvest after most or near all of the pistils have turned brown and have receded back to the calyx. This is when most of the gland heads are full and ripe. If your plants still have mostly fresh , white pistils ,..she's NOT ready yet. What i used to tell growers is,..when you think it's ready..give her another week ,..or two! That's when a lot of the nice turps and resin is at it's best ...the very last two weeks is when a lot of the weight is put on. Cheers woman...have a great night eh! on my way to play hockey...later Amy and gang!

:thanks:
Hope you had a good game Duggan!:cheer:

Great morning to ya Duggs!!!
Things are looking super fantastic brother!!! Miss J an I took the two Lilly’s down yesterday......down to 3 in the flower room now, looking pretty naked in the flower room these days and will be empty by this weekend, 2 Malawi and a Pineapple Express left to go.
Have a awesome day brother

Blessed Buds our friend and be well :passitleft:

Looking mighty tasty over here Duggs. Those SP's are heavy feeders hey? My Lambs Pupil is next to get sunk. The BCP's are rocking up nice, should pull some nice weight on all of them. Do you have snake oil? If so I'd definitely use it next time on the SP and maybe even a super drench.....they'll get even better! Nice job bud.
Hey bud......yup...used SO once already with them and been feeding heavy too! 2 weeks left on them and im very happy with all 4 of them. Big fat ,juicy colas....just what i had hoped for with them! Thanks for stoppin in ....have a great day Neiko!

I'm curious what kind of aromas does the SP put out? If my phone only had a scratch and sniff option...:420::yummy:
Ya eh budz! Could make a fortune selling the app!...lol
With the smells....im really bad at describing them....others are much more descriptive...like the guy on Seinfeld used to be....remember that guy...describing the shoes...it was Elaine's boss...what a hoot!

Right on Duggan we are a hockey family here :high-five:

Awesome Amy....ya hockey...coolest game on earth!:high-five:

haha - that was Mrs Growchy there Duggs!
I used to play field hockey at state level as a teenager (we don’t have ice here!) and until recently always saw ice hockey as a bit of a smashfest tbh. Then I watched the Canadian women’s team play a match during the Winter Olympics and really really enjoyed it (don’t remember who they played - but they smoked it). I’ll be tuning in again sometime fo sure!

@Buckshot317 Yay Buck - your plants are so worthy :adore:

Back
Top Bottom