High Brix Hunger Games: Catching Fire With The Perfect Sun 1000

Re: Shiggityflip's High Brix Hunger Games - Catching Perpetual Fire With Docbud's Kit

Flip+21

Cat drench day

The buds are set and it is time for a cationic drench for pineapple fields "Linda" and the 3 Twister gals. 1.25oz Cat drench +2ml tea for the 4 gals. 1.5 gallons each.

High Brix gals

Pineapple Fields "Linda"

P5010763.JPG

Twister

She's going gangbusters and doesn't look nearly as yellow as the hps makes it out to be. The bottom pic will show you that.

image11376.jpeg
P5010760.JPG
P5010761.JPG

This is more the color she looks. Though I think she may need an OG drench because she is feeding and growing like mad. The twister always really hated the Nitrogen so I didn't top dress with bloodmeal this time. I will probably take a couple grows to really dial in the twister.

image113781.jpeg

Chem Nute Girls

Tutankhamon 1

P5010766.JPG

Tutankhamon 2

P5010764.JPG
P5010765.JPG

P5010764.JPG

THC Bomb

She's still got some wonky leaves but what can you do. She is flowering okay so far.

P5010768.JPG
P5010769.JPG

Huck Kush 11

P5010770.JPG

The whole shebang with leds on/off

P5010772.JPG
P5010771.JPG

Re: Shiggityflip's High Brix Hunger Games - Catching Perpetual Fire With Docbud's Kit

A huge congrats on the sponsorship bud. I would imagine that potential sponsors want consistency from a grower, and they certainly chose well.

Man, Chem nutes are noticeably smaller then HB. All look great though, lots of flowers. I'm already missing growing since my tent is winding down for summer.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

I'm along for the learning experience, this High Brix soil has me interested. The light you won too, I gotta see what kind of magic you can do with it. :)

A huge congrats on the sponsorship bud. I would imagine that potential sponsors want consistency from a grower, and they certainly chose well.

I am pretty damn excited. FedEx says it comes Saturday! Gotta get a piece of lumber for the light rail which has also shipped.

Man, Chem nutes are noticeably smaller then HB. All look great though, lots of flowers. I'm already missing growing since my tent is winding down for summer.

Cheers

To be fair they are competing with the Twister which has a 56-60 day harvest window and is the best strain I have ever grown. But I agree, I think my chem nute Kung Fu has diminished since starting the high brix. These will be the last chem nute plants grown by me. Need to get some supplies to make two more soil batches! My veg plants sucked up a bunch of high brix soil.

I'm along for the learning experience, this High Brix soil has me interested. The light you won too, I gotta see what kind of magic you can do with it. :)

Welcome iampepe! I can't recommend Doc's Kit more highly. It in my opinion is the simplest way to some real quality organic produce. It is simple and forgiving and having DocBud around to answer any questions or help with problems is a super awesome perk. He helps watch over your grow as do the rest of the high brix crew. Get a kit and never look back. As a matter of fact get two kits so you have soil ready to go for the second round!

It sounds like you favor soil over hydro and aero, is that right? And if so, why?

Sent from my SM-N920T using 420

Welcome iampepe! I can't recommend Doc's Kit more highly. It in my opinion is the simplest way to some real quality organic produce. It is simple and forgiving and having DocBud around to answer any questions or help with problems is a super awesome perk. He helps watch over your grow as do the rest of the high brix crew. Get a kit and never look back. As a matter of fact get two kits so you have soil ready to go for the second round![/QUOTE]

I shortened the quote a bit. Hope you don't mind.
Nismo and I were talking about the kit just last night. Is there a link so we can check it out?

It sounds like you favor soil over hydro and aero, is that right? And if so, why?
I do favor soil over hydro. I did however grow using ebb flow for over a decade. 10 4x4's lol. Produced some very nice buds. But I will also say that the soil plants I have grown have had a fuller range of terpenes and are almost as high yielding. I like to think it is like getting a big strawberry at the store vs one grown organically. But I don't look down on hydro at all. For me though I love the simplicity and foolproof aspect of the soil. No reservoirs to change, no pHing, no 3 part nutes plus silica plus calmag plus booster. Growing with Doc's Kit has left me more time to have fun with the plants.

Welcome iampepe! I can't recommend Doc's Kit more highly. It in my opinion is the simplest way to some real quality organic produce. It is simple and forgiving and having DocBud around to answer any questions or help with problems is a super awesome perk. He helps watch over your grow as do the rest of the high brix crew. Get a kit and never look back. As a matter of fact get two kits so you have soil ready to go for the second round!

I shortened the quote a bit. Hope you don't mind.
Nismo and I were talking about the kit just last night. Is there a link so we can check it out?

There is a link in my sig on how to use Doc's Kit. Start there then move to high brix q and a in docbuds signature. It's a lot of reading but after getting through half of it you will get the gist!

I've noticed soil carries a fuller flavor with more loam and earthy musk. Where hydro will carry more strain flavor but misses out on loam and fills the pre tast with more flavor. Being in Oregon, I've been to a few shops and you can tell hydro or soil. Hydro will have monster yields because of unlimited root growth and is great if your selling by the pound. Soil will not yield but has a unique taste and I'm a hobby grower not looking to profit so I'm a soil guy. Plus, it's hard to kill your plant in soil, where in hydro it's easy to lose your grow. My 0.02,

Cheers

Just thought I would plug the "just what is a Shiggityflip anyway" thread in a fun way. Because you all are so generous giving me reps I have plenty to give back! Post a series of pics of your own Shiggityflip in action and you get reps from yours truly. It's a chance to show off your glass and your Fatty Mcfatterton Nug End Bowl Packs (FMFNEBPs).

No posts in 3 days, this baby needs a :bump:
I guess everyone is having fun getting they're ShiggityFlip on. Great idea brother.. Haha. Reps to you!

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Yea, I bet Shiggity has got the whole 7 continents shiggity flippin the hell out!:rofl:
Besides, he got a new monster light and has to install a light rail mover. AC too, right? Sheesh! Need help bro?:riskybusiness:
I got about 25 paid days off remaining so.....:party:

No posts in 3 days, this baby needs a :bump:
I guess everyone is having fun getting they're ShiggityFlip on. Great idea brother.. Haha. Reps to you!

KiG :green_heart:cheers

The entire forum has been dead for the last few days...

Sorry my peeps. Shiggs has the strep.

But... Light rail arrived and ready to install. I got the agramover plus which has an adjustable timer and two plugs for mounted fans or even a trigger light. The big light comes today! I put a note on the door that I am in fact home and to knock loudly. I am so very stoked even being sick as a dog! I plan on soaking some BOG sour bubble seeds today and more Pineapple fields. I got a ratio of 5/6 females on the 4Csins under the veg only spectrum of an eshine so I think I will be okay with that.

The high brix girls have had their second cat so next will be a transwater drench. They got their brix +wa10x the day after 1st cat. The twisters have yellowed slightly which I always expected around this time before when growing her with chem nutes. I may give a lighter dose of OG drench but will give a destress this eve. I am not too concerned as this has been her behavior in the past so I would rather just start light and dial in changes each grow cycle until I know the full range of twister responses and how to optimize her. She is after all my favorite clone ever. Smoking her is like staring at the sun with a big grin on your face.

I will post pics Sat or Sunday night after all the changes have been made to the room. Here is a teaser pic of Twister at flip +26

image11639.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom