Jumpin Right In

So chuffed you stepped in with the link Canna your awesome. Bassman, hope you don't mind, its just whenever asked about defol I just point people your way. I may do it myself and be happy, but I'm no idiot and your the one with the real knowledge and experience.
yttocs1010, don't be to daunted. we all felt this way in the beginning, just follow Canna's great advice above. If you just start out small stripping just a few bigger leaves from near the top. As long as you just take one from each node site nothing bad can happen. So yeah jump straight in lol give it a whirl, you will grow in confidence as you go.

Hi Scotty, your ladies look really good. To aid in helping you along, can you give the beautiful 420 community a little more info about your grow?

Do you know the strain(s) you are growing?
What kind of soil mixture are you using?
Are you using any type of amendments for your soil or compost teas?
Are you feeding your plants aside from what is already in the soil?

I saw that you wrote something about adding molasses. I suggest not doing that until you gain more experience growing. Especially when growing in soil where bacteria already exists, adding any kind of sugary products to your grow medium will feed these bacteria, both good bacteria and bad alike. You could get lucky and have a larger population of good bacteria, but you can also be equally unlucky and have more bad bacteria. What many growers do is to mix up a compost tea with only beneficial bacteria "bennies" in a separate reservoir. This allows the grower to populate a massive colony of bennies whereby they are the only ones consuming the sugary products and gaining strength. Then, once the tea has matured, the grower adds the tea (liquid only) to the grow medium and root zone. The tea loaded with bennies gets all into your soil and root zone looking to pick a fight with any bad bacteria they find and beats them. Your roots can then thrive and be in great health which empowers them to consume nutrients for upper plant growth. There are many tea recipes on this and other sites. In your spare time I suggest familiarizing yourself with some and see what the common denominator is. In your journey you will find out why tea use is so successful and also gain a much better understanding of what's going on below the dirt and further empower you to identify what would best help your soil be the best it can be for your plant.

Thanks brother!

whats the danger line for low temps i do not have any heat because of an power outtage i vracked the tent at the top and shut off the air scrubber i have a 400w hps and an led running hopping to keep it warm enuff with a fan circulating the air power will be off untill thursday what else can i do temps in my bulding are 53 right now in my tent its 65 humidity is 67

You should be fine temporarily with those temps in the 60-65. It won't kill your plants. From what I've read here the lower temps will just slow the growth a bit if they have it over a long period. I had about a week of 62 degrees in my flower room until I got the heat in there. They survived just fine.
I sure hope they get you restored soon. I lose power here a lot and the estimated time of repair is always at the maxium, I usually get it back days ahead of what they estimate.
Don't worry too much. :circle-of-love:

If you got a heat mat, that should add a little heat to the tent. My mat gets my box pretty dang warm, though my box is less than half the square footage of an average 5' tent.

Back
Top Bottom