Jumpin Right In

Hey Yttocs1010, your grow looks nice. He he not sure what kind of input your after to be honest my friend. I love the long veg period, love the mix of lights for flower so well done everything is looking nice and bushy. I'm a fan of defol myself, but this is a personal choice. If you haven't already check out Bassmans journals.
I'm big on training really and that's it, well apart from daft experimentation's lol Just ask away though and I'll help anyway I can.

hey thanks la ive seen a few of your grow journals which is why i wanted your input like i said im a first timer got started with some nice clones (teens) if you will my son was doing some lst to them but he left to go back to florida 2 weeks ago just wanted some expert advise i didnt know if i should flower or not how tall will they get and so on heard about adding mollasas as well and at what point thanks for the input i will go look see at bassmans journal if i can find it thanks much in advance

No worries. its simply defoliation of some of the leaves. your girls are looking great as said but they need some leaves nipping off. You use your thumb nail against finger to nip at step of leaf, leave a little bit of a stump attached to plant. The reason for this is if you simply tare leaf off you get big scarring area. nipped away from mane stem equals small scar.
You want to only ever take one leaf away per node per stem (as a guide). So as each stem at each budding point has two sides of flowers, only remove one corresponding fan leaf.
I also try to work from top downwards switching side of removal as I work down stem. Unles pointing in over rest of plant. Really you need to just be brave go in and not go nuts just strip back a little to clear things up.
Then you can do a little more lst I reckon just before flowering maybe in a week, once they have bounced back from the defol if you do it.
Hope this helps

Hey Scotty, LA had mentioned Bassman59 on defoliation techniques. He actually has a new journal going where you can learn the process. Always great to get in early for stuff you want to learn about, then you can ask questions as they go.
If you go to the link here:
Bassman Strips The Holy Grail Kush - Defoliated - RDWC - Undercurrent - Again

You will see in his other journals his defol (short for defoliation) from previous grows in his signature line.
Hope that helps some!

i think i saw you were from mich me too fellow michigander im around the grand rapids area
You are very close to me. LOL I'm mid state Lake Michigan side. And it's raining...and supposed to have thunderstorms tomorrow...and of course it's opening weekend of rifle season, and the leaves are still on the yard...... good ol' Michigan weather. Sheesh! Good thing I have my plants to put smiles on my face....and the wonderful people here. :thumb:

Heya Scotty, your girls look great. Really.

For questions about defoliation I suggest you grab a cup of coffee and sit down and read the thread linked in my sig about defoliation. It's fairly well detailed and explains a lot of the process well. It's important to understand what you're taking, when you're taking so you understand better what the results will be and what to expect. It surely isn't just totally random. Your girls look prime for a haircut now and if you don't plan on flipping to flower right away, I would read my thread on the topic and go for it.
Increasing yield with defoliation indoors - What's it mean? How to do it?

wish i had someone here to hold my hand....lol i might try with my next grow so unsure bout myself
LOL, it is kind of scary at first because of the tons and tons of information and different styles/methods out there. It can be intimidating, but after you get into it your confidence will build and you will be just fine! You should have seen me trying to make the decision to go into flower...it was like I was trying to decide on a big life decision. :laugh:
Just follow the advice given and ask questions when you need to. This is the greatest site for answers and support.
Post pics whenever you can too, so everyone can understand what you have going. :) Your plants really do look great, you are well over the starting line and ahead of things. :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom