SmokeyMcFly's Plushberry & WOS Brazil Amazonia HighBrix LED Grow

Not much going on. Did the second cat drench on the plushberry and the first one on the amazonias two nights ago. The one amazonia was having some leaves die off starting at the tips and doc recommended I feed her less so she is only going to get half strength feedings for a bit. My plushberry mom is still all waked out and is growing single bladed leaves. I could put it on my desk at work and no one would have any idea it was marijuana lol. I will get some pics hopefully tomorrow night, its monsoon season here now and its been killing me so I haven't felt like doing much. I hope this amazonia has enough cbd in it to help the strains I get from the dispensary help some but just don't cut it especially once it gets inflamed and spasms.

Did second cat drench tonight on amazonias, had a little bit left over so I gave it to the plushberry.

Here are some new pics
Plushberry
IMAG07053.jpg
IMAG07037.jpg
IMAG07025.jpg
IMAG07015.jpg

Amazonias, you can see some of the burnt up tips I was talking about in these.
IMAG07004.jpg
IMAG06996.jpg
IMAG06989.jpg
IMAG069713.jpg
IMAG069510.jpg
IMAG06935.jpg

Your Plushberry looks delicious! :circle-of-love: Still a month to go? Nice!

And I have Brazil Amazonia on my list, so I'm very interested in seeing it grow. Not a terribly sativa habit - surprised me.

:bravo::Namaste:

Thanks GT, I can't believe how furry they are already. They are in week 6 right now if i'm not messing up my math monday should be the start of week 7 so not sure if the plushberry will need an entire month more but I am going to let them go as long as they need. I think I screwed myself on past grows by cutting plants to soon. I'm determined not to do it on this one.

that plushberry is a cool looking plant

Thanks
They look a little weird because I messed with the photoperiod to sex them when they were young. As you can see they have 3 bladed leaves all over them lol. The plushberry was affected more then the amazonias since it matured first, it certainly had a negative impact on the yield especially on the plushberry but what I do get off her looks like its going to be killer.

Couple pics of my hopefully future mother plants. I gave them their first feeding of energy tonight. I am hoping it helps snap the plushberry back into normal mode. I would really like to grow another one of them next round if it straightens out in time. The one going now is getting frostier by the day and seams to be really really happy in the HB soil.

One all jacked up reveging plushberry
IMAG07117.jpg

Amazonia loving the HB life :thanks:
IMAG07129.jpg

Your Plushberry looks delicious! :circle-of-love: Still a month to go? Nice!

And I have Brazil Amazonia on my list, so I'm very interested in seeing it grow. Not a terribly sativa habit - surprised me.

:bravo::Namaste:

I was just looking around to see if I could find a CBD number on the amazonia anywhere and noticed almost everyone has it listed as 75% sativa. This has to be a mass reproduced typo, its in their indica collection and it has 75% indica, 25% sativa written on the package.

Is this why you were expecting it to be more sativa dom?

I have a strawberry blue started and columbian gold seeds waiting to go after that, I expect both of them to be a handful...

I was just looking around to see if I could find a CBD number on the amazonia anywhere and noticed almost everyone has it listed as 75% sativa. This has to be a mass reproduced typo, its in their indica collection and it has 75% indica, 25% sativa written on the package.

Is this why you were expecting it to be more sativa dom?

I have a strawberry blue started and columbian gold seeds waiting to go after that, I expect both of them to be a handful...

Yeah, I've seen other strains mis-listed like that. I just naturally think sativa when it's from Brazil, but of course the rainforest has plenty of indicas, too. I'm very interested in Brazilian strains because I love Utopia Haze so much. I have two more Brazil crosses running now - Buddha Haze and Nexus.

IIRC, CareStaker is running a Strawberry Blue and loves it - a nice well-behaved hybrid with great trichs. :thumb: I'm gonna run one in a few months. And I just saw a beautiful sparkly Columbian Gold nug on Buck's eye-candy thread.

Looking really nice in your house! :circle-of-love:

Some plushberry pics on first day of week 7. Its starting to smell really really freaking good. Seems like its about two weeks ahead of the amazonias. I am going to give the PB a shot of growth next time it needs watered and see if I can fatten the buds up a little. As you can see in the pics there not very big but they are getting chunkier still.

The amazonia over feeding problem seems to have stabilized on the one that first showed signs of a problem but has got worse on the other one. I think the cat drenches were to much for them when they were already on the edge of being overfed. I should of waited another week and maybe only did it once instead of twice. Its funny I was worried about having problems with the plushberry in the hb soil if anything and it turns out the landraces are the ones being fussy and the PB couldn't be happier. Next go around I am going to go very light on all of the drenches on the amazonias, probably start at 50% of what I used this time. Im sure they will be fine in the end but probably not quite what they could of been.

IMAG07147.jpg
IMAG07157.jpg
IMAG07166.jpg
IMAG07189.jpg

Little update on the over feeding problem. Turns out its not really being overfed my water is just to hard >500ppm and my filter does nothing to reduce this, just removes chlorine and chloramine. I am going to flush them really well tonight with distilled water and feed them with energy/tea and hope they turn around. I also ordered an RO conversion kit for my tallboy. Here is the link where we were discussing it. In The Lab

Here are pics of the troubled plant
IMAG07245.jpg
IMAG07234.jpg
IMAG07228.jpg
IMAG07206.jpg

I flushed the two amazonias tonight with a little over 5 gal distilled water between the two of them. Then I gave all three a normal dose of energy/tea with a couple ml of transplant in for good measure :D I didn't flush the plushberry because I don't have an easy way to drain the bin its in and it wasn't affected like the amazonias. Plus I was running out of distilled water at that point anyway. I hope this was enough to properly flush them? I have never actually flushed a plant before. I am hoping I caught the problem early enough that it wont affect the PB to bad. I also sprayed them with some stress right before taking the pictures so you might see some tiny water droplets.

Here are a couple bud shots of the healthier of the two amazonias.
IMAG07267.jpg
IMAG07286.jpg
IMAG07295.jpg

Some pics with my new toy. I got sick of my eyes hurting for an hour or so after working in my tent so I picked up a pair of the method seven LED glasses. They were a little pricy but they work fantastic and I think my eyes are worth 80 bucks especially considering the money I have spent on everything else so far... You can actually look right at the LEDs no problem. If you have been on the fence about getting a pair of these go for it they work every bit as good as advertised.

Here are some shots directly under the lights taken through the lens. Looks very close to the color I see IRL while wearing them except they are a little more purple in the pictures. They make a lens for cameras also and not sure if that would correct it to the right color for pictures but this is close enough for me.

The Amazonias look healthier already today. I was expecting them to look worse but just the opposite, maybe they wont end up to bad after all.

Taking pictures just got a whole lot easer, no need to drag them out of the tent any longer so you can expect more frequent picture updates now :goodjob:

IMAG07415.jpg

IMAG07424.jpg
IMAG07405.jpg
IMAG07387.jpg
IMAG07378.jpg

Thanks for looking

My RO filter and new airpots showed up yesterday :D I think I am going to flush the amazonias one more time tonight if there dried out enough. I didn't have enough water to do a super thorough one last time.

Have a good holiday all!

My RO Setup
IMAG07436.jpg

Yeah, I have to get rid of my total alkalinity, too. I'm pretty sure that's what screwed up my soil. :thumb:

One more little expense to add to the list ... sigh.

It's a lot like fishing, isn't it?! Those fish you catch for free are mighty expensive! :laughtwo:

Yes sir they are. At least with this I know it will all pay for it self in a hurry. My dispensary bill is 600-800 per month. :rolleyes3: Right now has been the hardest because I have all the expense of getting this going but still need to buy from the dispensary at the same time. :loopy: :surrender:

At least the RO add on kit was only a hundred bucks. I picked that filter specifically because it had the conversion kit available.

I flushed the amazonia that was most affected again tonight with 5gal of water, waited 20 min top dressed with a small amount of roots (just in case all the flushing hurt things) and gave it 2ml of energy and .5ml of tea in about 3/4 gal of water. The other amazonia is looking like it is over the problem so i'm not going to mess with flushing it again. I think they are going to take another month or so till they're ready. Not sure if it was the water problem slowing them down or if they just take longer then advertised by a lot but they dont look like they're anywhere near being ready yet (today starts week 8 since flip).

The plushberry on the other hand looks like it is going to be ready in another week or two. There is still no amber trics but they are all nice and cloudy.

Here are some new pics, what you guys think?

IMAG07495.jpg
IMAG07486.jpg
IMAG07475.jpg
IMAG07463.jpg
IMAG07455.jpg
IMAG07446.jpg

Very nice! It looks like they're doing that final swell. I can see the fat calyxes and new pistils. If you can keep them going without nanners, they could be remarkable.

Nice! :bravo:

+reps

Thanks GT, About how long does the final swell take on average? I forgot I picked off a sucker bud from the bottom of one of the amazonias a couple nights ago. I quick dried it above my light and it turned into a nice little rock hard nug. I wasn't expecting much of anything but wanted to see if I could get an idea of what it was going to taste like but it actually had a kick to it already. I had just taken my meds so I can't say for sure but it did as good of job as any at kicking my meds in gear. I was quite surprised and the wife was quite annoyed at me babbling at how good my plants were gonna be for the rest of the night rofl.

I with you on the timing - looks like another week or two - it's pretty much up to the plants and how much oomph they have left. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Yeah, I have to get rid of my total alkalinity, too. I'm pretty sure that's what screwed up my soil. :thumb:

One more little expense to add to the list ... sigh.

It's a lot like fishing, isn't it?! Those fish you catch for free are mighty expensive! :laughtwo:

Hey Gray....you know about that....what happenened? You gotta get onto some clean H2O bro! Is distilled within your means? That's all i use right now...no guesswork....i like it like that! Ya ...those fish eh!! Know what ya mean .Nothin's free! Cheers!:blunt:

Back
Top Bottom