1st Time Auto Topped LED Grow

Looks really good pennywise. Love the scog method. I'd love to try that one of these days when I have a larger tent. Right now is purely a DL grow in my appt to learn. The ultimate goal being self sufficient some day in the future but with the size tent I have I don't think that will happen lol. Looks like you got yourself a sweet set up. :thumb::goodjob:

What size tent do you have? I grow in a 2x4x5'11 gorilla shorty tent, and can sustain myself till next crop. Just gotta have the right setup! Keep trying different methods and see what works for you. I'm growing 20 plants right now in a sea of green/scrog and hoping to yield 20+ ounces. you can check out my journal and follow along

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

What size tent do you have? I grow in a 2x4x5'11 gorilla shorty tent, and can sustain myself till next crop. Just gotta have the right setup! Keep trying different methods and see what works for you. I'm growing 20 plants right now in a sea of green/scrog and hoping to yield 20+ ounces. you can check out my journal and follow along

The tent is 2.5x2x2.5. Pretty small. I thought it would b good enough but I was mistaken. I really only have about a foot or so to work with for growth but the babies r doing well. Gonna post a pic shortly.

Eventually I will get a bigger tent so I have one for veg and another for flower so I have a bit of a cycle going.

20161216_121231.jpg
20161216_121224.jpg
20161216_121123.jpg
20161216_121050.jpg

Here are the babies on day 31. Pistils are showing and the transition begins. I had my Jedi master help me get rid of the extra un needed foliage. Took a pick from the side but also the top. I'm hopeful that I will get a decent yield given the size of tent but only time will tell. Until next time.. live green and prosper. :volcano-smiley:

I agree. Having a blast experimenting. Such a great hobby with an awesome bonus pay off for ur efforts :volcano-smiley: everyday I get home from work grab a beer and go straight to the tent. Love it lol.

If there was one thing I wish I could improve on, which I'm sure we can all agree on, is the slow passage of time lol. Jk I love spending time with the plants... getting a little attached :thumb::lot-o-toke:

I agree. Having a blast experimenting. Such a great hobby with an awesome bonus pay off for ur efforts :volcano-smiley: everyday I get home from work grab a beer and go straight to the tent. Love it lol.

If there was one thing I wish I could improve on, which I'm sure we can all agree on, is the slow passage of time lol. Jk I love spending time with the plants... getting a little attached :thumb::lot-o-toke:

That's the best part of growing is becoming attached to something you love doing. My first grow was 8 plants in soil and I remember how I just wanted to spend every minute in there but I really didn't have much to do lol. Now I'm doing hydroponics with 20 plants and multiple types of training. I also have a mother tent with a plant grown from seed now as well, definitely have the work cut out for me now but I wouldn't have it any other way! and like you said the pay off is amazing and could really catch you by surprise. I am a medical patient and battle anxiety and I'm telling you that just growing in itself has reduced that anxiety to a minimum. It's a wonderful thing and to be a part of it on a forum with everyone else is great too!

enjoy, each grow will teach you many things .

That's the best part of growing is becoming attached to something you love doing. My first grow was 8 plants in soil and I remember how I just wanted to spend every minute in there but I really didn't have much to do lol. Now I'm doing hydroponics with 20 plants and multiple types of training. I also have a mother tent with a plant grown from seed now as well, definitely have the work cut out for me now but I wouldn't have it any other way! and like you said the pay off is amazing and could really catch you by surprise. I am a medical patient and battle anxiety and I'm telling you that just growing in itself has reduced that anxiety to a minimum. It's a wonderful thing and to be a part of it on a forum with everyone else is great too!

enjoy, each grow will teach you many things .

I know how you feel I also use for medicinal benefits. I am epileptic and I have done much research on the benefits of cannabliss on epilepsy. I may not have a severe case where I have grand Mal seizures daily but I do have them here and there and I say if it helps it helps :thumb:

Good morning everyone. Just got back from work and I thought it is time for another update.

Switched the ladies over to 12/12 early morning on day 34:cheer:. They where in the dark from 1am to 1pm. When I got home from my day job I spent some time with them:volcano-smiley: and gave them a feed of an introduction to bloom nutes along with some bio root and cal/MG. Also threw in some diamond black and bio marine into the mix. 4ml of each except bio root and cal/MG got 8ml each.

Took some pics b4 they went back into dark cycle. Hope you guys and gals like them as much as I do :thumb:

20161220_000904.jpg
20161220_000857.jpg
20161220_000643.jpg
20161220_000635.jpg

Took a side shot and a top shot so I hope that gives a good caption of what they look like. I feel like I should remove some more foliage as it is relatively crowded and I feel some of the lower colas may have an easier time catching up. Any advice is appreciated as always :thanks:

Keep it green everyone. Until next time :Namaste::cheer:

I like to leave the Colas which are trying to reach the canopy in the shade of the fan leaves. Imo, this makes them elongate faster much like a seedling does without adequate light. Once vertical growth has stopped and budding has started, then this is when some defoliation is in required to expose the smaller Colas that didn't make it to the top and also all the lower buds on the stems.

KiG brother Ched :green_heart:cheers

I like to leave the Colas which are trying to reach the canopy in the shade of the fan leaves. Imo, this makes them elongate faster much like a seedling does without adequate light. Once vertical growth has stopped and budding has started, then this is when some defoliation is in required to expose the smaller Colas that didn't make it to the top and also all the lower buds on the stems.

KiG brother Ched :green_heart:cheers

Thanks for the input. Now that you've said it, that makes alot of sense. Been wondering how to make the lower ones stretch more and u answered 2 in 1 :high-five:

Looking forward to seeing them again tomorrow afternoon. Every time I check they've grown nearly and inch. Love it. I find this much more addictive than smoking it lol.

I spent some time with them today and did a few things. I wanted to take pictures but I ran out of time and had to get read for the evening job. I will try to post some tomorrow. Merry christmas everyone :cheer:

It's time for an update... sorry for the wait. Been a crazy week with work.

Day 37 for these beauties. They have stretch a good half inch a day since they were put under the lights at 12/12. They have a mild odor and have me anxious to have a peek in the afternoon.

I have removed a bit of the lower foliage that was not getting light and has either died or yellowed significantly. Also after the first couple days of stretching I wanted to lst the main Colas down a bit to allow the others to catch up with an idea I'm sure I saw somewhere and ripped off lol. I ran out of room to use stakes in the soil so I stuck the wire in a drainage hole and bent it to push/pull the stem down slightly.

I hope you all like the ladies on day 37

20161222_132914.jpg
20161222_132931.jpg
20161222_133301.jpg
20161222_133355.jpg

And a couple of photos of the lst I did outside the pot.
20161222_133413.jpg
20161222_133425.jpg

Looking good, the LST job works a charm. .

Thanks alot. Took me awhile to think of how to do it. I was planning on having a nap after work yesturday and I ended up doing that for an hour and a half because I had to do one of those for each main Cola. It worked tho, did what I wanted it to. Left work early tonight... Couldn't wait to see the ladies :thumb: lol

I will b feeding them either tomorrow or Saturday with more bloom nutes.

Cheers y'all, grow long and prosper :hippy:

That is exactly how i decided to do it once the got outside the bounds of the pots. Good thinking Ched :high-five: Canadians and their duct tape eh... Hoo hah!

I just posted a new update on my journal, come check out the gang.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

I had a feeling I got the idea somewhere lol.

Back
Top Bottom