2 Girls & 1 Kit: Major PITA Takes High Brix Outdoors, Summer 2015

I think its gonna be different outside and whether you're in 25s or 50s itd probably produce the same amount. Those roots are gonna bust through that bag when they decide its time...aint no piece of cloth gonna stop em either :)

I think its gonna be different outside and whether you're in 25s or 50s itd probably produce the same amount. Those roots are gonna bust through that bag when they decide its time...aint no piece of cloth gonna stop em either :)
I hope you're right, scrubby! :high-five:

Major...evenin pal. you sound super stoked for the new laws...:high-five:
Big time envy brotha...lucky dude...Jamaica in your own freekin back yard ...ya baby ....who's your daddy!:blunt: What did ya wind up doin with the Tomatoes ?:tokin: Cheers eh..
Yeah - I honestly never thought it would happen in my lifetime. This is one time I'm glad I was wrong.
Tomatoes are doing fine, but not in HB this time around. :thedoubletake: Hopefully next time. Maybe even indoors this winter if I can increase my grow space. :shhh:

Have a great evening guys! :ganjamon:

Don't know how I never found this before, looks great! :high-five:

Hey Smokey - Thanks!
I hope I can grow medicine that looks as nice as what you are doing. :welcome:

The Weakly Update (Week #8 / Day #53)
24 days and counting to legal recreational in Oregon

Happy weekend gang!
July 1st means I can legally grow another 4 plants. I need to find a couple sativas to play with.

This past week was a weather rollercoaster ride. We started out in the upper 80's. Then down to mid 60's and lots of rain. Now we are back up to mid 90's today and should break 100 degrees tomorrow or Monday. Doc recommended I use DeStress to prep them for the heat so I was out there before 5am giving them their spritz.

Every plant added between 6" and 8" this week. The HB Ace of Spades is still the biggest at 33" while the AoS in my soil mix is the smallest at 22". If they continue to grow at this rate, it looks like they will be 6 feet when they hit the stretch. I'm guessing here since I don't know when they will begin to bloom. All the girls are looking good so far.

The HB girls got drenches 6 days ago. In this heat, I'm keeping an eye on them, but so far, so good. They may get another drench tomorrow. PB last got full Transplant and Tea, while the AoS was just 1/4 Trans. Now that I have just two plants in a full kit's soil, the drenches are super simple for me. They each get 15 ml of GE or Trans, and 1.5 ml Tea in 5 gallons of well or creek water.

Here is my picture dump du jour. Even though they are 4 feet apart, it is getting difficult to tell where one HB plant ends and the next begins.

16 feet of row crop
16_ft_Row.jpg

I'll begin with the runt of the litter, OG AoS (22")
3S_AS1_06-06-15.jpg

3S_AS2_06-06-15.jpg

This is the other PB plant in my organic soil mix (27")
3S_PB1_06-06-15.jpg
3S_PB2_06-06-15.jpg

Next are the Hi Brix Crew, AoS in front and PB in the back (33" & 30") both are keeping ahead of the corn
HB_AS1_06-06-15.jpg
HB_AS2_06-06-15.jpg

This is the HB Pitbull w/o the other plant
HB_PB1_06-06-15.jpg
HB_PB2_06-06-15.jpg
HB_PB3_06-06-15.jpg

:thanks: See ya next week - same time, same channel.

Wow, the shine on 'em is gorgeous!

... ~shine on you craaazy diamond~ ... :slide

The Weakly Update (Week #8 / Day #53)
24 days and counting to legal recreational in Oregon

Happy weekend gang!
July 1st means I can legally grow another 4 plants. I need to find a couple sativas to play with.

This past week was a weather rollercoaster ride. We started out in the upper 80's. Then down to mid 60's and lots of rain. Now we are back up to mid 90's today and should break 100 degrees tomorrow or Monday. Doc recommended I use DeStress to prep them for the heat so I was out there before 5am giving them their spritz.

Every plant added between 6" and 8" this week. The HB Ace of Spades is still the biggest at 33" while the AoS in my soil mix is the smallest at 22". If they continue to grow at this rate, it looks like they will be 6 feet when they hit the stretch. I'm guessing here since I don't know when they will begin to bloom. All the girls are looking good so far.

The HB girls got drenches 6 days ago. In this heat, I'm keeping an eye on them, but so far, so good. They may get another drench tomorrow. PB last got full Transplant and Tea, while the AoS was just 1/4 Trans. Now that I have just two plants in a full kit's soil, the drenches are super simple for me. They each get 15 ml of GE or Trans, and 1.5 ml Tea in 5 gallons of well or creek water.

Here is my picture dump du jour. Even though they are 4 feet apart, it is getting difficult to tell where one HB plant ends and the next begins.

16 feet of row crop
16_ft_Row.jpg

I'll begin with the runt of the litter, OG AoS (22")
3S_AS1_06-06-15.jpg

3S_AS2_06-06-15.jpg

This is the other PB plant in my organic soil mix (27")
3S_PB1_06-06-15.jpg
3S_PB2_06-06-15.jpg

Next are the Hi Brix Crew, AoS in front and PB in the back (33" & 30") both are keeping ahead of the corn
HB_AS1_06-06-15.jpg
HB_AS2_06-06-15.jpg

This is the HB Pitbull w/o the other plant
HB_PB1_06-06-15.jpg
HB_PB2_06-06-15.jpg
HB_PB3_06-06-15.jpg

:thanks: See ya next week - same time, same channel.

They're looking really, really good bro!

Prune up the lower end a bit. That's where trouble will come with PM, bud worm, and the like if you get some damp weather.

Also, I think you're going to want to go just a tad stronger on those drenches with them growing that fast. Not that they don't look perfect right now...they do! I'm just thinking down the road a bit.

I'm terrible about pruning. I feel like I'm cutting their arms off - but I'll give it a try.
How high up from the soil do you think I should remove branches?
Nothing hangs down in the soil now, even after a good rain (but they do get close). Our rainy season is pretty much over until fall.

How much stronger for the drenches? Like double?

I'm terrible about pruning. I feel like I'm cutting their arms off - but I'll give it a try.
How high up from the soil do you think I should remove branches?
Nothing hangs down in the soil now, even after a good rain (but they do get close). Our rainy season is pretty much over until fall.

How much stronger for the drenches? Like double?

I'd cut the lower most branches off.

Then, working from the inside of the remaining branches, nearest the stalk, remove all "suckers" that are growing into the interior of the plant, working your way to the tips, leaving perhaps the 5 or 6 uppermost nodes intact.

Plenty more leaf and stem will grow, but the interior of the plant will get better air circulation.

As for drenches: I'd up them 50% soon, then double when they're huge and really blooming.

I'd cut the lower most branches off.

Then, working from the inside of the remaining branches, nearest the stalk, remove all "suckers" that are growing into the interior of the plant, working your way to the tips, leaving perhaps the 5 or 6 uppermost nodes intact.

Plenty more leaf and stem will grow, but the interior of the plant will get better air circulation.

As for drenches: I'd up them 50% soon, then double when they're huge and really blooming.

Perfect! :thanks:

Yes bud, they look like they're gonna be huge...very healthy..you guys that can grow outside just piss me off....:circle-of-love: What ya gonna do with all the buddage pal....shit sakes dude. Hats off Major.

Thanks duggan! :high-five:
Dunno exactly. I'm a lightweight on a pipe, bong or jay. If it comes out with a good yield, a lot of it will go to edibles. My wife doesn't smoke but likes butters, oils and candies. I've never had enough to do much of that sort of thing for her. With July 1st coming on, I'll likely give a some away to friends.
First I've got to get 'em finished w/o a disaster. I'm actually most concerned about bears. I can keep a deer out, but when a black bear decides it likes the look of our garden, it gets whatever it wants and usually destroys most everything else. Anyone know if bears like HB weed? :thedoubletake:
So far bears have destroyed our fruit trees, some of the berries, bee hives, and compost piles.

30 days and counting until recreational is legal here!

WOOT!

Come on July 1st...​
Sweet just in time for 4th:) I love your new signature. Between 5 siblings the award swings around to each depending on who said the wrong thing and when. At times its hard to tell WHO's on first and that is when I stay quiet:slide:

Your plants look awesome, really a nice grow. I'm a light weight too I do this mostly for my honey. I have a two year old Acapulco Gold mother I would love to place in a 50 gal pot of DBHBB and let her go into a tree but I am not allowed to do that without a greenhouse and I don't have room for a greenhouse. So she stays in the dungeon of woe under a couple cfls. I feel sad its like keeping an exotic bird in a cage. I'm a vegan vampire and eat her leaves...Its medieval!

Your plants look awesome, really a nice grow. I'm a light weight too I do this mostly for my honey. I have a two year old Acapulco Gold mother I would love to place in a 50 gal pot of DBHBB and let her go into a tree but I am not allowed to do that without a greenhouse and I don't have room for a greenhouse. So she stays in the dungeon of woe under a couple cfls. I feel sad its like keeping an exotic bird in a cage. I'm a vegan vampire and eat her leaves...Its medieval!

My wife is veggie. She likes her "green drinks". Our fan leaves and other trim gets juiced or blended.

Back
Top Bottom