2 Girls & 1 Kit: Major PITA Takes High Brix Outdoors, Summer 2015

Very cool! :bravo:

I suppose what you're seeing is fade. Normally it would fade to yellow, but these have the extra pigments, so you're getting a gorgeous true purple.

Beautiful! :circle-of-love:

[Edit] I'd be thinking about how to keep that soil energized if you're getting fade already. Maybe a strong shot of Energy and Tea? Ask Doc.

Major, estimate it if you should give them some energy by how much foliage they have in the first place. Outdoor plants will be dropping leaves by mid flowering no matter what you do and if you have nitrogen in soil or not, and usually you do. They just want to drop everything that is not exposed to the sun to release some of the stored energy. I got them some fish + lithothamnium recently, but cause there's so much foliage I won't be giving more energy anymore, I'll just let them finish naturally. Pretty colors by the way :tokin:

I suppose what you're seeing is fade. Normally it would fade to yellow, but these have the extra pigments, so you're getting a gorgeous true purple.
Is this how all colored strains get their coloring Gray?

Beautiful! :circle-of-love:

[Edit] I'd be thinking about how to keep that soil energized if you're getting fade already. Maybe a strong shot of Energy and Tea? Ask Doc.
More great info - Thanks for that!
The plants are in different soils and do have full yellow leaves in addition to the purple. Only the very tops are turning purple ... so far. The leaves that are yellowing are all lower or internal.
Since my pots let the roots through into the surrounding soil, IDK if Doc will be able to give his usual experience-based advice, but I'll see what he says.

Wow! Nice!
Thanks, KK!

First Time Grow Journal - Outside - Kaya Gold & Freebies
I'm not sure if you were trying to post a link. I'll take a look and see if I can find your journal. I'd love to see what you've got goin' on.

Major, estimate it if you should give them some energy by how much foliage they have in the first place. Outdoor plants will be dropping leaves by mid flowering no matter what you do and if you have nitrogen in soil or not, and usually you do. They just want to drop everything that is not exposed to the sun to release some of the stored energy. I got them some fish + lithothamnium recently, but cause there's so much foliage I won't be giving more energy anymore, I'll just let them finish naturally. Pretty colors by the way :tokin:
I have tried feeding my non-kit plants some extra 'N'. Didn't make any difference - at least not yet. Since the AoS are yellowing and dropping leaves while the PB's are turning purple, I'm hoping it is just their usual mid-flower behavior. I think I'm done adding to the non-Kit plants, and will follow on like usual with the Kit plants unless Doc tells me otherwise.

I have more DBHBB stuff on the way, but I'm so low on everything right now, I couldn't give them a super drench or anything until it arrives.

I'm interested in this too.

Thanks again, guys! You really help us new-ish growers!

I assume so. :cheesygrinsmiley: There are what are called "carotenoids" in leaf tissue. They have the additional colors, and as the chlorophyl fades away the underlying colors emerge. Like maple trees and vines in the fall.

I don't usually update but once per week, but the Pitbulls seem to be changing on an almost daily basis. They were just beginning to show a little color on Saturday. Here is what they look like today.

Pitbull_Bud_2_09-07-15.jpg

Pitbull_Bud_1_09-07-15.jpg

They look healthy and smell great. I love the coloring but no idea if it is normal or a concern. Both of them are doing it and they are in different soils with different nutrients. With that in mind, my assumption is it's the nature of the beast now that we've had some chilly nights. The most exposed buds have the most color so it must be the temperature. Nights are down to the low 40's.

Yep. chilly nights will do that.

Increase Brix spraying to every 7 days.

I assume so. :cheesygrinsmiley: There are what are called "carotenoids" in leaf tissue. They have the additional colors, and as the chlorophyl fades away the underlying colors emerge. Like maple trees and vines in the fall.
Thanxx Gray.

Bahh!
I just got back into town. So much to catch up on around here and I want to try and get an update in for the week. Rain is in the forecast so I need to mickey mouse a shelter for my ladies. I've been trying to lurk with crappy cell service but if I missed some journals, my apologies.
I'll be back ASAP.

The Weakly (Week #22 / Bloom Week #5 completed)

Hello:420:

I was out of town for the last few days so I have much catching up to do. The grow keeps on going. The AoS continue losing fan leaves faster than I can pick them off. The buds are looking good, but I'm pretty sure they have PM. The Pitbulls are doing great. They lose a few leaves, but more like what I'm used to. My concern with them is they are so very dense, they are prime candidates for mold.

The weather has been a rollercoaster ride. Our temperatures are back up between 90 and 104. Today was cooler - about 90, but with a chance of rain this afternoon. By Wednesday we will be back into the 80's but with almost certain rain. Not good. I threw together a shelter for them. It might hold. It might not, depending on how much rain and wind we get. I'll continue to improve it over the next couple of days, but at least it will shield them from any rain tonight ... I hope.

The two girls in kit soil get their second Cat drench tomorrow. So far no impact from the first Cat. Depending on what happens this time, I may try for a third round. I just received some more DBHBB goodies. I'll be cooking another batch soon. On my trip I picked up a Blue Dream, Sour Diesel and Shark Shock CBD to try. All the local places are cleaned out of stock. I also have cuttings from these plants. I didn't want to lose them before I find out if I like 'em.

Not much more to tell. Lots o' pic's...

These first pictures are of the Pitbulls
Pitbull2_09-12_15.jpg

Pitbull1_09-12_15.jpg

Pibull_Bud6_09-12-15.jpg

Pibull_Bud4_09-12-15.jpg

Pibull_Bud3_09-12-15.jpg

Pibull_Bud2_09-12-15.jpg

Pibull_Bud1_09-12-15.jpg

These are of the Ace of Spades plants
AoS_Bud1_09-12-15.jpg

AoS2_09-12-15.jpg

AoS1_09-12-15.jpg

And finally, a couple of group hugs that show my new cannabis condom (TM pending) :cheesygrinsmiley:
All2_09-12-15.jpg

The Pitbulls are looking thirsty. Drenches all around first thing in the morning.
All1_09-12-15.jpg

My guess is I'm still about two weeks out (maybe three?) on the Pitbulls and add another one to two weeks for the AoS girls.
I hope all is great in your gardens ... and life in general. Back to work in the garden and catching up on the forum...
:Namaste:

Those are some beautiful ladies! Hope they make it through the weather you're having.

I'm still in awe of how big the girls get when they are outside!

Keep em green and sticky :peace:

Nice job Major, I hope it holds for you & your girls.

:nomo: Hope your road trip was OK and the ladies did ok ! Oh...and Mrs. Pita didn't miss ya too much...
Thanks Bro! The trip was as good as possible. The Mrs. was with me (General PTIA). :cheesygrinsmiley:
We were helping settle her parents estate so not a ton o' fun. The girls all held up like troopers in 100+ heat.

Those are some beautiful ladies! Hope they make it through the weather you're having.

I'm still in awe of how big the girls get when they are outside!

Keep em green and sticky :peace:

Good to see you HT!
They are indeed sticky. I was removing some of the faded fan leaves. The hair on my arms is matted with sticky. I should put on an apron and make some bugger hash from the scrapings. ;)
For reference, that's a 6 foot ladder and the top of the 2x4's I used to hold the plastic is just over 8-1/2 feet high. The AoS nearly touches when she is feeling her oats.

Nice job Major, I hope it holds for you & your girls.
Thanks RSO!
I think it will hold overnight. Tomorrow I'll bring in reinforcements to help secure and support the plastic. I think that will get us through the next month till harvest.

Have a great evening (?) all!

Hi Major just stopped by to see how things look. Looks great! Hope your able to avoid the mold issue. Hard to believe your still getting those hot temps. :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom